Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 21, 5:32 PM

Jul 2017
I watched this because the shikanoko song was catchy and I like comedy. But I watched a few episodes and I didn't laugh a single time. Maybe a few smiles here and there. Like I get some of the jokes but they just weren't funny enough. Does anyone think this show is funny? Or is it just more of like a silly slice of life with a deer girl
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 21, 5:38 PM
Aug 2022
It’s not as good as I was expecting. But it’s fun, there’s a lot of shows which made me laugh more
Jul 21, 5:39 PM
Jan 2023
humor is subjective that's it
Jul 21, 5:40 PM

Sep 2018
I was laughing a lot though I got most of the references.
Jul 21, 5:41 PM
Oct 2021
Yes I find it pretty funny, it's one of those shows where you can just turn off your brain, and it has a lot of references from another animes/manga and games
Jul 21, 5:47 PM
Feb 2023
comedy is subjective
Jul 21, 5:52 PM
Jan 2022
It’s funny because it’s dumb, it’s dumb because it’s funny. Best watched after a beverage or three.
Jul 21, 5:52 PM
Dec 2022
it's very funny. If you don't find it funny. I honestly don't know what to say or think of you but it's subjective so yeah.
Jul 21, 5:53 PM
Dec 2022
Like someone above said, humor is subjective. It's as simple as that. As for me, the anime exceeded my expectations. It's peak brainrot and I find it funny. One anime I look forward to every Saturday and Sunday.
Jul 21, 6:01 PM
Nov 2015
It’s boring and not funny. No from me
Jul 21, 6:04 PM
Jul 2024
Its a subjective thing, not everyone likes that type of humour
Jul 21, 6:06 PM

Sep 2020
yeah, only the memes are worth anything, the show itself is very much below average, even for slapstick comedy
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
Jul 21, 6:08 PM
Aug 2023
The manga is funnier based on the chapters I’ve read versus the 3 episodes I’ve watched. It seems like some scenes are dragging in order to accommodate the 20 min run time, but in turn it makes the jokes overstay their welcome
Jul 21, 6:18 PM

Jan 2020
Yeah, I won't lie, I'm not finding it as fun as I tought.
I know comedy is subjective but I think some jokes are already getting old.
The first episode was fine, the second... heh, I didn't really find it funny.
But maybe it will get better, who knows.
Jul 21, 6:29 PM
Aug 2022
summary: it's brainrot

good or bad it's still brainrot lmao, though I don't mind it that much I still don't think I would be able to watch more than 1 episode in a row

well it did make me laugh at times but most of the time I'm kinda just questioning what am I watching (not necessarily in a bad way just yknow its ??????)
ZetaCNJul 21, 6:33 PM
Jul 21, 6:30 PM

Feb 2010
I have lived in areas with deer so it makes me lol
Jul 21, 6:36 PM
Nov 2023
Mega funny but doesn’t stand up to close scrutiny. Not meant to. People who ‘take comedy seriously’(?!?) seem to have a problem with it…
Jul 21, 6:54 PM

Nov 2020
i do like this type of comedy in anime, but I think shikanoko noko does too much. Every sentence they speak is abnormal and comical. It could be like that because of the anime's nature, but you get tired of it eventually.
Jul 21, 7:00 PM

Nov 2012
if you don't think it's funny, then don't watch it? I don't get it
Jul 21, 7:18 PM
Feb 2021
Most comedy anime are not funny for me but this one is. I've tried watching gintama, nichijou, azumanga daioh, asobi asobase, they were all cringe and unfunny. Humour is subjective I guess
Jul 21, 7:23 PM

Jan 2023
I see it as a fun chill watch, nothing to think about too much. It makes me laugh and relax after a long day, which is what I think the shows goal was.

Oh and love some of that meme material.
Jul 21, 7:29 PM
Aug 2022
Flacion said:
I see it as a fun chill watch, nothing to think about too much. It makes me laugh and relax after a long day, which is what I think the shows goal was.

that's what it is for me, the same as somebody else said also, as something you can just switch off your brain and enjoy stuff
Jul 21, 7:42 PM

Jan 2023
ZetaCN said:
Flacion said:

that's what it is for me, the same as somebody else said also, as something you can just switch off your brain and enjoy stuff

Exactly.

Comedy is generally just meant to live up to that. To just make the viewer relax and smile, hopefully laugh. Which I would say the show lives up to.
Jul 21, 7:47 PM
Jun 2023
ZetaCN said:

good or bad it's still brainrot lmao, though I don't mind it that much I still don't think I would be able to watch more than 1 episode in a row

well it did make me laugh at times but most of the time I'm kinda just questioning what am I watching (not necessarily in a bad way just yknow its ??????)

The term brainrot is so overrated man... just say its japanese comedy on par with nichijou and call it a day.
Jul 21, 7:49 PM
Aug 2022
PunGood020 said:
ZetaCN said:

The term brainrot is so overrated man... just say its japanese comedy on par with nichijou and call it a day.

tbh I didn't have a better word for it I did enjoy nichijou quite a bit I just didn't really think of comparing it xd
Jul 21, 7:51 PM
Jun 2023
ZetaCN said:
PunGood020 said:

tbh I didn't have a better word for it I did enjoy nichijou quite a bit I just didn't really think of comparing it xd

I mean thats fair enough.. now it has been done
Jul 21, 7:59 PM
Aug 2022
humor is subjective but I've seen a lot of gen z complaining about lack of references. I just assume they need to see a meme every 5 seconds or else they get bored.
Jul 21, 9:16 PM
Dec 2014
Latest episode was the strongest one so far imo but comedy will never please everyone
Jul 21, 10:31 PM
Mar 2021
like everyone else says, comedy is subjective. i find it quite funny and i enjoy the references. but that doesn't mean everyone will. sometimes a show just isn't for you
Jul 21, 10:39 PM
Sep 2022
I love it! Just watch stop thinking
Jul 21, 11:06 PM
Mar 2022
Nahh... It's frickin funny and i enjoyed it.
Jul 21, 11:39 PM

Dec 2010
Reply to PunGood020
ZetaCN said:

Even Japanese viewers think it could be funny only if you turn your brain off.
Jul 22, 12:21 AM

Sep 2018
I agree it's not funny, My Wife has no Emotion is the funniest anime of the season.

However, I don't expect to laugh when I watch a comedy anime since it's something extremely rare, I just want to enjoy it as a slice of life with quirky characters (and here aside from Anko they're all good). That's how I managed to watch 300ish episodes of Gintama without laughing once.
Jul 22, 12:21 AM

Feb 2011
I find it funny, if you don't find it enjoyable just... bugger off?

Like no one is forcing you to watch anything

There's this neato little X in the corner of your screen, click that and bam! it's gone!

Magic!

Jul 22, 12:30 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Deer girl be eating them deer crackers though.
Jul 22, 12:39 AM

Feb 2020
It's too random and unfunny. And the character tropes and clichés aren't really helping
Jul 22, 12:48 AM
Aug 2023
this anime starts stupid and goes on stupid, not many people can stand brain dead humour like this. there are good moments, but I admit it's a bit embarrassing a lot of the time.
Jul 22, 1:07 AM

Sep 2016
Not really funny, but creatively weird.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 22, 1:19 AM

Apr 2013
I like it, it's a bit too random at times but the first two episodes were good.
Jul 22, 1:48 AM

Jan 2008
It's defintely not laugh out loud funny. People like to compare it to Nichijou but Nichijou was actually funny, this is more like Lucky Star.
Jul 22, 2:03 AM
Oct 2023
It's just at ep 3, honestly i like it for the deer models they look so dumb LOL.
Jul 22, 2:31 AM
Jun 2021
You are correct.This is just silly not funny.
Jul 22, 4:15 AM
Jul 2021
For me personally, I didn't think it was as funny as nichijou like people said it was. It was funny but not the rolling on the floor level of comedy nichijou was. Though if people think it's funny then that's fine, comedy is subjective after all.
Jul 22, 4:32 AM
Sep 2021
This the same vein as girlfriend, girlfriend for me so I am greatly enjoying it.
Jul 22, 4:48 AM
Aug 2023
I don’t know what to feel about this show. There were definitely some moments that made me smile but overall it hasn’t made me laugh that much.
Jul 22, 4:53 AM

Oct 2014
Episode 1 was good, episode 2 however was the definition of meh when it comes to comedy.
It's Morbin' Time!
Jul 22, 4:56 AM
Dec 2018
Greenia said:
i do like this type of comedy in anime, but I think shikanoko noko does too much. Every sentence they speak is abnormal and comical. It could be like that because of the anime's nature, but you get tired of it eventually.

Personally I think it's fine and enjoyable as long as people watch one episode a week. Binge watching it would make it boring really fast.
Jul 22, 5:48 AM
Jul 2024
I think Torako carries the show on her back. She ist definitly the funniest character of the show. The deer girl Nokotan isnt that funny and a bit annoying tbh.
Jul 22, 5:49 AM
May 2022
The trailer is better than the show.
It was more 'chaotic' which would fit this style of comedy better imo
Jul 22, 5:50 AM
Oct 2023
very funny actually.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 17

124 by Adhit2542 »»
2 hours ago

» how horny is this

weeaboo5008 - Jul 24

37 by Luviatan »»
3 hours ago

» English dub is God tier

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Jul 23

32 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jul 3

414 by macotheboy »»
Yesterday, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 24

49 by skafiction »»
Yesterday, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.