Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 30, 12:38 AM
Oct 2020
This episode changed some things from the manga and was extremely rushed. the animation was subpar when compared to the rest of the series. the events here should have been at least 3 or 4 episodes with additional meetings and interactions from characters barely mentioned here but not seen.

The series is interesting but this final episode was a disappointment.
Jun 30, 12:39 AM
Jan 2009
Reply to duhflergen
@amf85 there are worse pannels than this....
@duhflergen Feel free to post one.
Jun 30, 12:51 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Just an absolutely atrocious finale. They must have used a different "artist" for each scene. I put artist in quotes because I'm pretty sure they let the studio janitor take a crack at drawing a few of the scenes. The entire first half of the episode I was thinking, "Wow, what a boring finale. They did not plan this stopping point very well." Then the second half came and I thought, "Nope, they had it right in the first half. They should have stuck to the boring waltz around town." There was a major inconsistency or corner cut in nearly every frame in the second half of this episode. Quite the impressive feat. The show was bad anyway, but this episode was the fecal flavoured icing on the cake.
Jun 30, 2:25 AM
Mar 2012
Big but rather short fight. lol Tiera goes nuke.
Big reveal of other players, but so late just teasing s2? dead players here sound like an afterlife setup.
Mostly wonky drawings, but at least the balcony scene was nicer & wholesome.
Bit interesting characters, fun fox, some minor mysteries, but really needs a budget/art fix.
Jun 30, 2:29 AM

Feb 2012
Holy fuck this episode looked terrible. Trash final episode and a garbage show overall.

Only positive thing in the end is that I liked Schnee, Tiera and Rionne.
Jun 30, 3:24 AM

Nov 2023
It's boring, and it didn't help that the animation is really bad.

I was pretty intrigued that there were other players in the world, but since they dropped it in the last episode, it's kind of meaningless. I'm not picking up the light novel, nor do I think this will ever get a second season that would expand on that.
Jun 30, 4:06 AM

Jul 2008
I mean who the hell are these two? The animation team really just wanted to get this over with and go home..
Jun 30, 5:00 AM

Aug 2013
The animation had a lot of what the fuck moments this episode, seemed like a different anime-style often times too.

Show wasn't too bad tho.
Jun 30, 5:57 AM
Apr 2024
Shin is incredible, I hope for a second season because it does have a story to adapt, but it needs a better staff because in the end it was very bad, but the stories and the protagonists are very good. And Shin and Scheen's kiss scene was so beautiful and we also have the announcement of who he really still loves and of course he hopes that she is among the humans who are still in the game, apart from him obviously
Jun 30, 7:41 AM

Jun 2016
terriblle and what a shitty animation for this last episode !!

the animation is totally scumbag !!

studious maybe hired a junior school as animaton right ?
Jun 30, 7:45 AM
Sep 2021
Shin & his friends/teammates took care of the flood of monsters without breaking any sweat. Also Schnee confessed her love to shin.
Jun 30, 8:08 AM
May 2019
The worst animated episode of the worst animated show of the season...
Jun 30, 8:13 AM

Jun 2010
I lost appetite watching this show starting episode 2. and the finale will make me go on a diet. damn animation progress is at a regression level 9999.
apart from it being rushed, there's too much alteration from the manga. is this really what happened from the LN (didn't read)? horrible. although some had it rated high, I would recommend you to read the manga! it is way better depiction and delivery even character development is present
"A sword is a weapon, Kenjutsu is the
art of killing, Whatever pretty words
you use to speak of it, this is
its true nature."

Otaku always defy common sense.

nferocious76

Jun 30, 10:40 AM

May 2022
Well, the ending is just like there is a sense of dissatisfaction, many things are cut from the original source, the design is still inconsistent from the early episodes, but so don't really think about what after this ending.

Jun 30, 1:05 PM

Feb 2015
the animation really fell apart this episode especially in the last 10 mins. So many off model shots clunky movements. I didn't mind the show but it would have benefited being handled by a more competent studio such as JC Staff. a 6/10 is the most I can give it.
Jun 30, 2:03 PM

Jan 2020
As a fan of the manga, I felt insulted being subjected to watching this.
Jun 30, 3:04 PM

Dec 2016
Some awful cuts in this episode alone 🤮, sums up this project.
Jun 30, 3:50 PM
Dec 2021
I know the anime didn’t do that good but does anyone know where the light novel takes after the anime, rather read it instead
Jun 30, 4:27 PM
Jan 2024
The animation in this last episode was rubbish, if it made the entire anime good, why not end it like this?
Jun 30, 7:02 PM
Aug 2022
KANLen09 said:
Shin and Rionne reaching Valmer and being alerted about the incoming monster horde of a flood, at least they have time to act before calamity strikes.

Both adventurer and princess making their various reports, informing both the army and the adventurers guild would help make haste for preparations. Aside from that one Meow Land store, Shin bumping onto one of his friend's support character of Berett, and realizing that his friends of Hibineko, Shadow and Holly are all well and alive in the future. That, and much more in Berett's list for former players...plus PKs, which Shin is hearing this for the very first time, he's equally as surprised.

Going to see the Lord of Valmer to discuss on how to deal with the flood, Shin, Schnee and Tiera ready for the attack...which is clearly doctrinated by an event boss, meaning that they have a way to deal with it as per the game's standards. As for the rest under Rionne's leadership, they look like they're gonna hold up well, and both Wilhelm and Lacia coming in for assistance...hoenstly, they don't even need to be there, since Shin can do an all-kill by himself as a high human.

As much as both Shin and Tiera dread Valmer's ceremony, they have no choice but to do it, giving Shin his only harem time with both Tiera and Schnee, the latter being clearly jealous of his relationship with Rionne. There is a reason why Schnee withheld her PK information to Shin, though that's of the past, and he forgives her easily without any reservation. And even though Shin has a crush that he still remembers, Schnee clearly has adored and lived him all the same.

Oh thank God we're SO done with this show, so frustrating and boring at the same time, testing my mental limits.

for starters why are you just recapping the episode? what sort of input is this?

secondly if you didn't like it, why were you forcing yourself to watch it? That makes no sense
Jun 30, 7:04 PM
Aug 2022
cristinacke28 said:
damn, the animation was trash this episode especially in the second part

Yeah it feels like they gave up with the show half way and that's why this last episode was so rushed.

sucks because this was a guilty pleasure anime for me and I really enjoyed it; but it's clear the studio had no interest in it.

I'm guessing this was only made to promote the Light Novel
Jun 30, 7:06 PM
Feb 2023
I like the story, but the animation sucked so bad.
Jun 30, 8:55 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to Shaggy14
I know the anime didn’t do that good but does anyone know where the light novel takes after the anime, rather read it instead
@Shaggy14 Just read the LN, it's available in Book Walker, you can also read the "unofficial" transl as well, but out of respect for Kadokawa and the author I won't tell you where to get it, just know that it does exists. Dunno abt the manga tho...

Pls know that the anime changes quite a bit from the LN in the last EP. Shadow, Holy, and Nekomata/Hibineko, are the other players mentioned in this EP. Shin is supposed to meet them in Valmer, and having reunion with them BEFORE the Valmer defence. The 4 of them, + Marino (another player also mentioned in this EP), are good friends since the game era (the 3 of them and Marino are not part of the 6 Devas tho). Shadow, Holy, and Hibineko (as well as another chara I would not mention here bc spoiler) then join the Valmer defence along with Shin & Co. In fact, Wilhelm is not supposed to be in Valmer.

Now to answer your question, Shin's meeting with the other 3 above reveals a very important secret that was not adapted in the anime. Read below:

PS: I'm not gonna say that the LN is THAT good, it's not really any bad, but also not revolutionary. The New Gate is quite an old title, back then it was still quite unique and decent to read. It's no longer as unique now tho. So don't expect mind blowing writings or stories.
uncleqrowJun 30, 9:32 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jun 30, 9:16 PM
Sep 2016
Reply to PureReluctance
cristinacke28 said:
damn, the animation was trash this episode especially in the second part

Yeah it feels like they gave up with the show half way and that's why this last episode was so rushed.

sucks because this was a guilty pleasure anime for me and I really enjoyed it; but it's clear the studio had no interest in it.

I'm guessing this was only made to promote the Light Novel
@PureReluctance Nah, the same studio also made Sasakoi in the same season, which was also having terrible quality. Apparently there are some internal management/financial problem with the studio during both productions. So we can expect a bankruptcy announcement soon.... maybe....

Well, not even Germany can handle North-Africa and Eastern fronts at the same time. What are they thinking trying to managing productions on 2 titles at the same time, rly?
Well, CloverWorks did manage Akebi-chan and Kisekoi (Dress Up Darling) at the same time flawlessly.... But they're def not CloverWorks, so....
uncleqrowJun 30, 9:27 PM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jun 30, 11:45 PM

Jul 2008
Bland plot, bland characters, bland harem, and TERRIBLE ANIMATION. 3/10
Jul 1, 2:14 AM
May 2024
Damn thisssssss he should have ended up with shnee
Jul 1, 3:30 AM

Feb 2018
Lol, the guy's shocked face at the end looked derpy and made me laugh xD.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jul 1, 4:43 AM
Dec 2021
Great anime, enjoyed it a lot.
Jul 1, 8:02 AM
Oct 2011
wth happened to the animation? It got progressively worse at each episode, the last was probably the worst, it had some ok panels but some of them were just atrocious
Jul 1, 5:34 PM
Sep 2010
lol Hibineko and the other 2 are not supposed to be out of town, they're a part of this arc, cant be believe they shredded 2 volumes of manga into a single episode
Jul 1, 6:40 PM

Feb 2015
I like the story, just a shame about the animation. I think it could've been a lot better. Decent finale and would like a S2 but won't hold my breath for one. Time to start reading
Jul 1, 7:23 PM
Jan 2021
The animation during the last episode felt really lazy most of the time unfortunately. The animation throughout the season wasn’t blow your socks off by any means but it was at least clean and consistent for the most part until the last episode… I enjoyed the show otherwise
Jul 1, 10:23 PM

Apr 2009
I'm not a stickler for animation quality if there are other elements bringing the goods, for example I absolutely loved episode 8 for all its warts, but I mean, Jesus, there's limits. The animation and character models just dived off a cliff in this one. Schnee laying her heart out and finally getting out of the maid costume should've been highlights of the show but everyone looked like fun house mirror reflections.

And after 12 episodes of "the high humans are all gone, I have to try and keep a low profile so they don't know I'm one" it's like oh actually no there are still players and even PKers running around in the world. Whaaaaat? No one mentioned it before? Even the beast emperor party member from ep 8? That makes absolutely no sense and means the show was just needlessly jerking us around this entire time.

5/10 and that's probably more generous than I should be. It was entertaining at times, I thought episode 8 was very powerful, and Schnee and the other gals were fun and adorable. Elf girls have been rescuing a bunch of shows for me this season.
Jul 1, 11:08 PM
Jun 2012
I had fun with this.

The faces were wonky.

The animation was all over the place.

Usually poor. But then they'd fight and all of a sudden... You'd want to stick around and see just how peak the sequences would be. The next time the animation shifted to opposing bell curves.

I also simply enjoyed the story.

The performances were what anyone could hope for. And fit well to their casting.

Even if their speech literally was superimposed correctly wrong.

None of the seiyuus appeared to let that get to themselves.

Also.

Rionne is absolutely best girl.

Who's fight sequences were based entirely on gravity attacks.
Utilizing her massive orbital bodies. To, usually, heavy downwards slash.
Her foes with Newtonian physics. As her acceleration was very top tier.
She wore that mass with pride, and that made her fun.
Jul 2, 1:45 AM
May 2024
The banquet part made these girls look more awful. Their hairstyles really ruin their faces!
Jul 2, 3:51 AM
Jan 2014
They completely changed last episode story from Manga, skipped important characters. WTF. Im so disappointed
Jul 2, 9:40 AM

Sep 2013
I SURVIVED this 'adaptation"
Really if not my knowledge of story and character from manga my score would be much lower. Can't stand another good source material butchered by medicore chinese animation studio. Blunt animations, poor designs, only music and seiyuu work stand aboive.

I literaly vomited.
XanathosJul 2, 10:00 AM
Jul 2, 11:22 AM
Oct 2011
Reply to Xanathos
I SURVIVED this 'adaptation"
Really if not my knowledge of story and character from manga my score would be much lower. Can't stand another good source material butchered by medicore chinese animation studio. Blunt animations, poor designs, only music and seiyuu work stand aboive.

I literaly vomited.
@Xanathos I mean, just compare it to the MAL cover art, seriously, wtf.

This is amateur kid reddit quality, it's not even the animation, characters were just deformed on still frames.
Jul 2, 1:44 PM
Jun 2017
Lmao I think they ran out of budget
Jul 2, 2:05 PM

Nov 2009
Huh..

Is it me... or are some of the art... a bit.... off....

HUH?

Also, how did no one noticed that Shin = Red... (no one talked about Red either... even after they witness him clearing the Flood and literally one shotting the boss...)

And... I guess Shin wasn't the only "player"... and also "PKers".

However... it looks like everyone that's Isekai'd to this world... are pretty much ppls that has something to do with Shin... including the "dead" (that's now revived)

Also also, Schnee is attempting to NTR Shin from apparently another player named "Marino"... (which,,, is probably the reason Shin wanted to go back to Earth)

Which if this Marino is also in this world... I bet ppls will be saying Marino is NTR'ing Shin from Schnee instead, LOL.

Tho... judging by the art and animation of this... I highly doubt this will get another season (and continuation)... even tho this episode sets up next season...
amlgJul 2, 2:10 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 2, 9:51 PM

Sep 2013
I afraid every anime adaptation with stample "made in china" end same way as new gate.
Jul 3, 10:21 AM
Jun 2024
the animation was horrible but i reallyreally liked the show, i doubt bout a 2nd season but it would be great man, the ting of the playerkillers is interesting and i really enjoyed watching this, it's a shame the low budget they gave to the show
Jul 3, 1:43 PM
Jan 2021
Why was this episode so horribly drawn horribly animated I give this last episode of zero out of 10 for giving it a once over and then pushing it out here this was worse than watching the JJ episode of the sukuna vs mahoraga fight I understand things being rushed, or you just not giving a crap but what is the point of doing or animating these light novels and manga into animation if you’re not even going to give your God honest try I would recommend this novel and manga to anyone, but this animation, this anime adaptation trash. Basura.
Jul 3, 3:09 PM
Mar 2023
....This parts animation os Schuni...was so bad...i decided to go back and watch ending.This last episodes animation was terrible..why ruin Schuni s look?At first i watched this anime expecting more or less story..and say true more or less it present...with instakill fight scenes..but to say true,what keeps me here is Schuni and music,i watch this near night for chill.Ruined look of Schuni is worst.Give back normal Schuni..I said all..oh and do not cut this much story.+For Schuni and more or less relaxing atmosphere.
Jul 3, 8:12 PM
Dec 2014
Extremely mid anime.
Jul 4, 9:48 AM
Mar 2024
they will dub this anime in Italian?
Jul 6, 3:14 AM
Feb 2023
By the end of that battle they didn't even have enough money left to buy lunch apparently lmao. I've never seen such ultra bottom tier animation.
Jul 7, 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to amlg
Huh..

Is it me... or are some of the art... a bit.... off....

HUH?

Also, how did no one noticed that Shin = Red... (no one talked about Red either... even after they witness him clearing the Flood and literally one shotting the boss...)

And... I guess Shin wasn't the only "player"... and also "PKers".

However... it looks like everyone that's Isekai'd to this world... are pretty much ppls that has something to do with Shin... including the "dead" (that's now revived)

Also also, Schnee is attempting to NTR Shin from apparently another player named "Marino"... (which,,, is probably the reason Shin wanted to go back to Earth)

Which if this Marino is also in this world... I bet ppls will be saying Marino is NTR'ing Shin from Schnee instead, LOL.

Tho... judging by the art and animation of this... I highly doubt this will get another season (and continuation)... even tho this episode sets up next season...
@amlg considering how they talked about Marino means she is dead, cant NTR dead person
Jul 7, 11:21 AM

Sep 2012
Shin: i wasn't expecting this

ME: no SH LMAO
Jul 14, 8:47 AM
Nov 2022
Note 5. In the last episode, the animation looked like someone had been shaken in a can and started to run...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - May 4

36 by merderer »»
Sep 29, 12:49 PM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

42 by magraobl »»
Sep 25, 1:51 PM

Poll: » The New Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 13

115 by niookookjo »»
Sep 24, 5:55 AM

» Is manga faithful

bezardo - Sep 15

5 by Skydog0205 »»
Sep 18, 11:57 AM

» Is this just another SAO clone?

did4375 - Jun 2

36 by Pedropaulo777 »»
Aug 17, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.