Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 8:44 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to tekkenshu7
Really unfortunate. Part of me believes that they intentionally delayed the earlier episode so that this will be aired right near Father's day. But yeah, even anime-onlies like should've seen this coming. The ED sequence is hinting to this result and it was always hinted that it is Rudeus' turning point to step up and become their family's head. But for the record, Paul really gave his life and did his role as the man of his family.

P.S. In case you haven't seen it, the final illustration of the final volume of the source LN showed Rudeus' family including his 3 wives and their children and also his two mothers, Zenith and Lilya. That final illustration shows Zenith in a kind of lethargic and Paul not shown anywhere. This episode shows why that was the case, now that I think about it.
@tekkenshu7 you don't think people would prefer you not spoiling stuff for no reason?
Jun 16, 8:44 PM

Jul 2014
I rest my case. I’d rather have Zenith gone than Paul, I cant believe we traded a fun character to a vegetable.
Jun 16, 8:46 PM
Jul 2014
wow Human God really wasn't lying when he told Rudius that HE'D REGRET IT. I'm sure he had his own counter motives being an antagonist and all but so far he hasn't deceived Rudy yet. And since she was frozen there really isn't any way to tell what a different future possibility would have been had they tried at a different time with more resources, a different party, or simply when he'd grown stronger and possibly all of them surviving till old age. Sure there would be suffering but at least options would still be there to those who are alive than not.
Jun 16, 9:08 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was awesome and sad, it's the best episode in this season, and RIP Paul, you will be missed.

We all knew this wasn't going to end up well, the Sassy God clearly said to Rudy to not go there because it wasn't going to end up well and he was right, it didn't end up well but then again, if Rudy doesn't go, Roxy would have died too, so it's a trade-off, a life for a life type of thing, so Paul died instead of Roxy, Rudy lost an arm and his mom appears to have amnesia, this all went south pretty quick.

Still, it was an awesome episode, and that Hydra sure was one hell of a boss fight, the Dwarf guy barely did anything though, he's kinda useless.
Jun 16, 9:11 PM
Apr 2022
Peak and Perfection
Jun 16, 9:27 PM
Dec 2023
Akaseaka said:
For whatever reason, this episode failed to trigger me. Maybe I should, really, abandon the anime and read the novel instead.

I want to know how the novel framed the situation. As adventures, it was not unexpected for anyone of them to die at any battle or encounter. Paul said he won't retreat simply because he faced a strong opponent. I assume these two points are probably what the novel wanted to express?

However, in the anime, as least from what I felt from the anime: Everything was going so smoothly. Even the strongest retaliation of the hydra was defended using opposite magic. And then suddenly Rudy spaced out for a second, and Paul covered for him and expired. It kinds of undermined what was supposed to be about. It now felt like Paul died simply because Rudy got distracted by his thought in the battle.

On this note, it was weird that even this would happen. First, if anyone, Rudy was the person here that had the best situation awareness. He could foresee hydra was about to breath fire to attack and regrouped everybody in time. Second, if anyone, Rudy was the person that definitely won't get hit by a surprise attack. He had the Demon Eye and he was actively using it in the battle, as seen in, for example, 3:55. Third, at this point in battle, everyone else such as Elinalise was free and on look out. From the perspective of somebody watching the show, this was something that went wrong on the most unexpected character in the most unexpected way at the most unexpected moment. It really felt abrupt, in a bad way, and forced.

karrotStick said:
@Akaseaka Here's what happens in the novel,
It was then, just as I was using my magic to cauterize the second to last stump, that the hydra’s body trembled. I didn’t know what that movement meant. I could see it with my Eye of Foresight, but I didn’t understand it. The creature was too big.
“You moron!”
“Wait—!”
Before I realized what was happening, Paul had slammed me out of the way. Something enormous came crashing down right in front of my eyes.
But…it didn’t have a head anymore?
No—there was no head, but it did still have a neck.
The hydra was slinging its headless necks around like spiked whips—all eight of them! Every one of them was coated in tough scales that could shred flesh like a cheese grater. It whipped those necks around all at once, mowing down anything in the vicinity.
“Ruuudyyyyy!” Paul screamed, driving his foot into me to kick me out of the way.
Almost simultaneously, a thud resounded as something smashed to the ground right where I’d been a moment ago, in the once-empty space that had existed between Paul and me.
@karrotStick Thank you for providing this excerpt! The novel explained the situation much better!

I didn't even realise what had crashed down was a headless neck until I read your excerpt! I thought it was the last head!

The trembling of the hydra's body was a very important detail. Why did the anime staff left it out!
The first time when the hydra was about to breathe fire, according to what was depicted in the anime, both Rudy and Paul noticed something different and paused the attack (* The anime didn't make it very clear which move exactly was they noticing) until Rudy hurrily regrouped everybody behind him. The anime felt like Rudy was having excellent situation awareness. What was actually the case was probably Rudy had no idea what the hydra was going to do and barely managed to protect everybody in time thanks to the attack having a long telegraph.
The second time it was a fast physical attack utilising a part of the hydra that wasn't registered by Rudy as threats. Paul's instinct protected Rudy at the cost of sacrificing himself.

SentiOnikawa said:
@Akaseaka First and foremost, we know that canonically the demon eye only gives Rudeus a few seconds of foresight, and it isn't effective against anything substantially stronger or significantly less predictable. The hydra was on its last two heads and clearly desperate, which if you know anything about injured animals, is the most dangerous point for them to be at. A wounded bear isn't going to curl into a ball like in the movies. It is going to do everything to protect its injury and ward off potential threats, even if it ends up hurting itself more. Now, you have 9 giant whips, 2 of which have brains attached to them.

The second thing is, this is Rudy's second dungeon, at best? He's been on adventures, sure. Most of those were in settings with controlled elements such as difficulty ratings and the presence of other groups. He's only been in one other situation where the threat level was far above his capabilities and he had the benefit of another, more experienced group being nearby. His reaction speeds, ability to predict boss actions, etc isn't as refined as everyone else's.

The group was struggling against the hydra. I know for what we got it didn't seem that way, but it's true. You have at least 4 S-rank adventurers, one of the strongest mages in the world, and Rudy, whose contributions while significant, aren't exactly winning the fight on their own. Paul was the only one who could do any real damage. Everyone else was a support role, which is already a huge disadvantage for a party. That Paul saved Rudeus twice is indicative of how dire the situation was. No amount of situational awareness was going to keep Rudeus out of harm's way long enough to prevent Paul's death.

Finally, yes, it was unexpected. The hydra going berserk out of desperation isn't rational. It's not a rational being, clearly. It thought of the idea to try and open a new wound to grow a new head when it was already fighting at a disadvantage. Using its necks as whips wasn't something expected, even for experienced fighters. Especially for Rudeus who can disassociate and evaluate as well as he can, there isn't any reasonable explanation for such behavior. Him having decision paralysis isn't unreasonable. It's that his inexperience trumped his ability to evaluate a situation and devise a strategy. It cost him significantly in the end.
@SentiOnikawa Thanks you to for the details!

It is enchanting to see how if the anime had depicted the situation even so slightly differently, I would have had a very different sense to the situation. This incident may be one of the most powerful moment of the work by far, yet slight misalignment in details and representations dashed my sensation watching the play.
I'm going to read the novel from the start of S2 and see how far I can go until the next episode!
Jun 16, 9:28 PM

May 2021
I find interesting how both Mushoku Tensei and Konosuba had a Hydra this season.

R.i.p. Paul
Echidna best waifu :D
Jun 16, 9:34 PM
Nov 2020
Happy Fathers Day…. :)
Jun 16, 9:51 PM

Aug 2011
Man Japan doing this on Father's day so Japanese and I can't believe freaking Paul death is literally a gut punch to the stomached. It's just literally so raw so speechless.
Jun 16, 9:58 PM

Apr 2023
It's because of episodes like this that I maintain my faith in Mushoku Tensei. Epic battle and the producers did it on purpose to present it just on this day...

R.I.P. Paul, you weren't the father Rudeus asked for, but you were the father he needed. How will Rudeus explain to Norn and Aisha that to bring Zenith back, Paul will not return from there, and apparently will not even be the Zenith she used to be... The girls will be devastated...

For Rudeus there is no world in which life is easy...
Jun 16, 9:59 PM
Mar 2021
I'm lost for words...
Jun 16, 10:03 PM

May 2022
I have nothing to say on this episode.

I feel sad watching and imagining being Rudeus.

Jun 16, 10:09 PM

Oct 2020
❤️‍🩹💔

The show constantly proves it has more reason to be adored than hated.
WISHED I COULD ALSO GET TRANSPORTED TO A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC And DUNGEONS, please take me there too if you are able to (⁠ ⁠◜⁠‿⁠◝⁠ ⁠)⁠
Jun 16, 10:16 PM

Feb 2012
Ah fuck man, this episode hit hard and I'm gonna miss Paul.

RIP Paul

Happy Father's Day everyone
Jun 16, 10:18 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Ellifein
@Grzana02
@Ellifein
Jun 16, 10:28 PM

Mar 2020
PAULO-SAN IS KILLED ON FATHER'S DAY. 😢
The horny, scum, annoying and caring father of Rudeus-kun is dead. Happy father's day! 🥲

Also Rudeus-kun's mother Zenith-san unable to speak properly she lost her memories?

What a devastating episode. 💀

I will miss Paulo-san.

Everyone is mourning on twitter.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jun 16, 10:33 PM
Oct 2007
Only one word for this episode, masterpiece. This episode reminds that we've come a long long way from Sword Art Online. The execution, the direction, the music, the timing, the meme hit everything on the cross. I've been well repaid with interest from those previous episodes that I did not enjoy as much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 10:38 PM
Feb 2020
At first, I thought that we were wrong,Paul would survive and Zenith would be dead, but once Paul charged in recklessly, I figured that was his end.

But I am annoyed that even MT forgets about physics for scenes like this. With the speed Paul kicked Rudy and how much time was shown,Paul might be clear of the attack too, when you hit something, you don't come to a stop, without active resistance,they both move.

Assuming they delayed this episode to Father's day doesn't work, it's not like they removed parts of the trip,it would have extended the episode's release further.
Zenith not being able to speak makes a lot of sense, she's been trapped in that crystal for years, spending a few days not speaking messes you up when you try again
BastionoJun 16, 10:46 PM
Jun 16, 10:39 PM

Aug 2014
Zorosuke_ said:
PAULO-SAN IS KILLED ON FATHER'S DAY. 😢
The horny, scum, annoying and caring father of Rudeus-kun is dead. Happy father's day! 🥲

Also Rudeus-kun's mother Zenith-san unable to speak properly she lost her memories?

What a devastating episode. 💀

I will miss Paulo-san.

Everyone is mourning on twitter.

Zenith basically seems like Casca now..
Jun 16, 10:43 PM
May 2023
Maked my day sad can’t sleep feel so sad
Jun 16, 10:47 PM
Mar 2021
R.I.P Paul....
Apesar de seus incontáveis erros, cumpriu seu dever como pai e como Homem, protegendo seus filhos e além disso, salvando à todos no desfecho
De fato, ele foi um personagem de escrita simples, mas é isso que corrobora à maneira dele de ser um humano, recebendo o seu potencial amadurecimento, e gerando o nosso apego emocional ao personagem
Hydra derrotada, objetivo de encontrar Zenith concluído, mas a que custo?
A verdade é que Rudeus perdeu seus dois pais de uma so vez, pois Zenith não é mais a mesma...

O motivo desse episodio ter ficado tão superior aos demais, não é so porque ele é o ápice dessa temporada, o Studio Bind reuniu aqui a elite de animadores pra produzir esse episodio, animadores que já trabalharam na S1 alias
Jun 16, 10:53 PM
Jun 2007
This episode really hurts.
Paul "scarified" himself to save Rudy and now Zenith is in unknown state after rescued her from crystal.
Sad episode :(
Jun 16, 10:53 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Bastiono
At first, I thought that we were wrong,Paul would survive and Zenith would be dead, but once Paul charged in recklessly, I figured that was his end.

But I am annoyed that even MT forgets about physics for scenes like this. With the speed Paul kicked Rudy and how much time was shown,Paul might be clear of the attack too, when you hit something, you don't come to a stop, without active resistance,they both move.

Assuming they delayed this episode to Father's day doesn't work, it's not like they removed parts of the trip,it would have extended the episode's release further.
Zenith not being able to speak makes a lot of sense, she's been trapped in that crystal for years, spending a few days not speaking messes you up when you try again
@Bastiono , well normally that would be the case when you kick someone but in LN they specifically stated that Paul had swordsman training and used battle aura to negate the resistance
Jun 16, 10:58 PM
Jun 2019
wouldnt have had happened if paul didnt get hasty and hired support
Jun 16, 10:59 PM
Jun 2019
what i mean is, they shouldve went back to the surface, hire skilled people, and go back down there
Jun 16, 11:06 PM
Nov 2018
@Embient He never properly learn how to silent cast healing spells.
Jun 16, 11:06 PM

Jun 2024
Studio Bind is evil to do this in father's day 😭
Jun 16, 11:07 PM
Oct 2019
Sure makes one wish their father was half as loving as Paul was.
This is a truly devastating episode, Paul didn't even get to talk with Rudy properly, in the end.
I bet it will hit Rudy now, to him, Paul and Zenith weren't his "parents", but to them, he was their amazing genius son, who they loved more than anything, especially once his child is born.
Amazing job, soulcrushing as it should be.
Jun 16, 11:08 PM
Jan 2021
The fight with the hydra was great, the team fight was amazingly executed, it genuinely feels like if anyone of them where to make mistakes there's gonna be some heavy consequences which what happened to this episode, rudeus lost his focus and bang his dad died for his sake, it's heartbreaking and the last scene it seems his mother brain is not functioning well probably due to being in the ice for so long. And I can see so much potential from here on out. Great episode
Jun 16, 11:09 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Ellifein
@Bastiono , well normally that would be the case when you kick someone but in LN they specifically stated that Paul had swordsman training and used battle aura to negate the resistance
@Ellifein huh?

Rudy didn't resist Paul's kick. The only viable resistance would be if Rudy had tried to stay in place despite the kick.

We're not talking the special resistance for these characters, it's the resistance everyone has. If you try to punch something, it's going to resist moving
Jun 16, 11:24 PM

Jun 2024
The fight was great with the hydra, the animation is just on another level i didn't even notice the CG the first time it blended really well.
This is the second best fight for me like very close second next to the fight with Orsted.
Jun 16, 11:24 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Bastiono
@Ellifein huh?

Rudy didn't resist Paul's kick. The only viable resistance would be if Rudy had tried to stay in place despite the kick.

We're not talking the special resistance for these characters, it's the resistance everyone has. If you try to punch something, it's going to resist moving
@Bastiono
I will just quote what I meant :
Paul had kicked me out of the way
because the spot where I’d stood was exactly where the last head came
slamming down. He’d had to kick me as hard as he could to be able to move
me. I wasn’t a child anymore, so he had to, you know, thrust his lower body
forward for the kick to have power behind it. Normally that kind of kick
would send a person reeling back from the recoil, but Paul was a swordsman.
A skilled one, one who could wrap themselves in battle aura, one with
physical strength. So when he kicked me, his body didn’t move.
Jun 16, 11:29 PM
Feb 2024
Just speechless.....
Jun 16, 11:33 PM
Mar 2024
The most saddest Epi and espicially for the someone special to you and they care to you and the most loveable, and you lost someone
Jun 16, 11:45 PM
Jan 2020
The man god knew all along. Real question is if it was worth it to save Zenith in the long run
Jun 16, 11:52 PM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
I honestly didn't like at all the fact that Rudeus considers Zenith a stranger he lived with instead of a mother, but the episode was incredible
Saku33Jun 17, 12:05 AM
Jun 16, 11:56 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Vendicator
I find interesting how both Mushoku Tensei and Konosuba had a Hydra this season.

R.i.p. Paul
@Vendicator And defeating it made everyone sad in both cases

Moral: Don't kill Hydras
Jun 17, 12:03 AM
Jul 2012
Reply to Saku33
I honestly didn't like at all the fact that Rudeus considers Zenith a stranger he lived with instead of a mother, but the episode was incredible
@Saku33 Think about it from his perspective - he already had a mother in our world, and arrived in this other world with a fully formed mind. Even if he loved Zenith as a mother, of course he wouldn't think of her as one.
Jun 17, 12:06 AM

Jul 2021
did zenith become retarded?

i knew when they went to fight it the second time that someone's definitely gonna die. i had no idea who but when i think about it now of course it has to be paul for the extra suffering and trauma. not to mention retarded zenith. i think if not for sylphie and his oncoming kid he would have definitely had suicial thoughts. add that pual died trying to save a distracted rudy. very sad.

i wonder where that regret thing fits into all this. rudy visited the continent which enabled them to reach to where zenith was trapped and help her but it also lead to paul dying. i wonder if rudy had stayed at the university they never could have gone that far plus (even though they would have never known it) zenith is retarded so no use saving her. staying at the academy as said my hitogami was truly the best choice of action. now we just need to know what rudy missed by not being there. seems like next episode is travelling back so maybe we'll know then.

but still imagine the amount of trauma and fright zenith must have faced to become like that. not to mention she was naked and trapped in that ice? how did that just happen? i don't think there's any spell that makes you lose your mind. its got to be some severe trauma and fright that pushed her mind to the limit of breaking it. anyway we don't know the full scope of her conition just yet. next episode will probably tell how bad it is. so sad its episode 10 already. not many episodes left :( and i'm expecting to wait 2 more years until another 2 cour season. so much waiting :((((

when i tried to think what could be going through paul's mind in his final moments all i can think is of him thinking glad i saved my son, rather me dead than my son, who's better than me etc. all that sad shit and maybe a little sad thought passed through his mind about his wife he will never get to meet and the daughters he is leaving behind.

bet that previous life trauma is feeling like child's play to rudy now after all he's been through.
TsutanaiFuunJun 17, 12:56 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 17, 12:07 AM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
Reply to Gabu-sama
@Saku33 Think about it from his perspective - he already had a mother in our world, and arrived in this other world with a fully formed mind. Even if he loved Zenith as a mother, of course he wouldn't think of her as one.
@Gabu-sama I certainly understand it, but then why consider Paul as a father?
Jun 17, 12:12 AM
Jul 2022
Paul's gone... good riddance. But what about Rudy's left arm?!? Does he get it back? Please, someone spoil it for me! I can't wait another week.
Jun 17, 12:12 AM

Aug 2014
TsutanaiFuun said:

i knew when they went to fight it the second time that someone's definitely gonna die. i had no idea who but when i think about it now of course it has to be paul for the extra suffering and trauma. not to mention retarded zenith. i think if not for sylphie and his oncoming kid he would have definitely had suicial thoughts. add that pual died trying to save a distracted rudy. very sad.

i wonder where that regret thing fits into all this. rudy visited the continent which enabled them to reach to where zenith was trapped and help her but it also lead to paul dying. i wonder if rudy had stayed at the university they never could have gone that far plus (even though they would have never known it) zenith is retarded so no use saving her. staying at the academy as said my hitogami was truly the best choice of action. now we just need to know what rudy missed by not being there. seems like next episode is travelling back so maybe we'll know then.

but still imagine the amount of trauma and fright zenith must have faced to become like that. not to mention she was naked and trapped in that ice? how did that just happen? i don't think there's any spell that makes you lose your mind. its got to be some severe trauma and fright that pushed her mind to the limit of breaking it. anyway we don't know the full scope of her conition just yet. next episode will probably tell how bad it is. so sad its episode 10 already. not many episodes left :( and i'm expecting to wait 2 more years until another 2 cour season. so much waiting :((((

when i tried to think what could be going through paul's mind in his final moments all i can think is of him thinking glad i saved my son, rather me dead than my son, who's better than me etc. all that sad shit and maybe a little sad thought passed through his mind about his wife he will never get to meet and the daughters he is leaving behind.

bet that previous life trauma is feeling like child's play to him now after all he's been through.

Zenith basically became Casca if you have seen Berserk. Pretty much either lost almost all of her memories or got mental damage from being in the crystal for so long which probably drains mana or something? Whwtever the case is, it's not fuckin good sadly.
Jun 17, 12:31 AM
Apr 2024
It's Perfect, this episode is the most fascinating and quebrantable of the season and of the serie at the day.
Jun 17, 12:36 AM
Apr 2019
Does anyone know what Zenith's condition would be called? Not memory loss, amnesia or dementia because I dont think they completely lose language like that. Like reset to baby state
Jun 17, 12:53 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to GTRaijin
TsutanaiFuun said:

bet that previous life trauma is feeling like child's play to him now after all he's been through.

Zenith basically became Casca if you have seen Berserk. Pretty much either lost almost all of her memories or got mental damage from being in the crystal for so long which probably drains mana or something? Whwtever the case is, it's not fuckin good sadly.
@GTRaijin haven't seen berserk yet but yeah seems like she has lost all memories and/or consciousness and ability to comprehend all together. those noises she's making are the absolute proof of her having lost the ability of comprehension. but from what i've seen her brain doesn't seem to be broken at least, she looks pretty healthy aside from her mental state, i see no marks of harm on her body nor she seems in pain. like i said it must be some traumatic event or the mana draining thing you said.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 17, 1:01 AM
Apr 2017
Mushoku Tensei is a masterpiece.
Jun 17, 1:01 AM

Aug 2014
CognitiveFactor said:
Does anyone know what Zenith's condition would be called? Not memory loss, amnesia or dementia because I dont think they completely lose language like that. Like reset to baby state

The Casca state, a brain restart, idk.
Jun 17, 1:02 AM
Mar 2021
He will regret this.
Jun 17, 1:09 AM
Apr 2024
I spent the whole week waiting for this episode and it was incredible, it takes what I read in the light novel to another level, man what a great scene the battle against Hydra, Rudeus being the calm leader and after everything that happened the Hitogami was right despite it being his fault, Rudeus lost his father who sacrificed himself to protect him and rescued his mother who is now an empty shell, this turning point is really cool as are all the others but I think the fourth one is the best , but it's cool that here they have to lose would be and it was beautiful to see what Paul did, but it was sad and disappointing that Rudeus lost more than he gained and this becomes clear in the next ep when it focuses on his depression like when he took a kick from Eris, next week prepare the towel
Jun 17, 1:23 AM
Nov 2020
wtf is that masterpiece
Pages (13) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

390 by Corrupteddrago »»
Yesterday, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

369 by TheOtherJN »»
Yesterday, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MegamiRem - Jun 9

217 by TheOtherJN »»
Sep 26, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Would you also deny Aisha's request? (SPOILER episode 6) ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - May 25

61 by Zarutaku »»
Sep 22, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

194 by Ragnar00lobrock »»
Sep 21, 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.