Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 16, 5:18 AM
Jun 2022
you need to shut up
Jun 16, 5:20 AM
Nov 2022
This shit has been dragged out far too long. Really dumb to argue so long about this. I just say let em cook. End of story
Jun 16, 6:00 AM
Dec 2021
FutoiOtaku said:
But seriously, that’s what this anime is about! Nobody’s forcing you to watch it…

The first 2 seasons weren't this bad.

The show is meant to be a political one, but that didn't mean it needs to fail at pacing.

Seasons 1 and 2 had great pacing, world building, drama, and action. Where as season 3 doesn't seem to be close to them.

I'm a fan of the show, and that's why I'm still watching it, but I won't pretend that this is good when it's just not right now.
Jun 16, 6:07 AM
May 2021
shawnfoster said:
Another thread made by some guy who thinks this is another generic battle shonen with lots of fights and nothing else.

Guys, if you don't like the genre/tropes of an anime, but watch it anyways, then don't fucking complain if you didn't like it.
It has happened with Kaiju no.8 and it's happening with this series. You expect something that the series won't give you. So don't complain if the series doesn't give you that.

It's like watching a shoujo romance anime despite not liking the tropes of shoujo romance animes, and then complaining that you didn't like it.
Grow up

I know Slime Tensura isn’t a battle Shonen but this is just a basic problem of not following show don’t tell
These massive info dumps in that bland-ass conference room without cutting to ANYTHING else and also them dragging the conversation out is not entertaining and not the best way to convey the information
Besides the earlier seasons had plenty of fights to keep us entertained but they have been pretty much nonexistent besides the last one which sucked imo
I shouldn’t be criticized for expecting better out of a show I know can do better and stating what’s wrong with it
Jun 16, 6:15 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
@Chainsaw_Derp
I shouldn’t be criticized for expecting better out of a show I know can do better and stating what’s wrong with it

This is one of the problems here that one can't have an opinion of themselves without starting some kind of a massive debate sometimes.

I myself don't really care about the talks in this series since they talk and talk and talk all the damn time in the light novels. But it's a build up for something massive in the future.
But that's an quite obvious typical answer, don't want to spoil. We get what we get from the producers.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jun 16, 6:57 AM

Feb 2014
Just finished the latest episode and knew straight away there would be threads and comments about the conference room talk XD
Jun 16, 7:04 AM

Feb 2020
FutoiOtaku said:
But seriously, that’s what this anime is about! Nobody’s forcing you to watch it…

First season was fun

Jun 16, 7:37 AM
Nov 2022
Chainsaw_Derp said:
I swear to god if these people sit around in that god-damn conference room and talk one more time I’m going to lose it. I know all of this is important but if I wanted to watch a political discussion I would go to my town’s board meetings.

You when they cut a lot of content and are lost on why A is happening and when did B happen

Look it might seem counterproductive but go read the manga adaptation if you hate it so much, atleast with the manga you can read at your own pace and skip the meetings easier if you'd like. You're probably never gonna touch any light novels or regular novels anyhow

TL;DR just put it on 2x speed or skip the meetings yourself if you hate it so much? Just don't go shouting back here when things don't make sense
Jun 16, 7:45 AM
May 2021
ReXiRa said:
Chainsaw_Derp said:
I swear to god if these people sit around in that god-damn conference room and talk one more time I’m going to lose it. I know all of this is important but if I wanted to watch a political discussion I would go to my town’s board meetings.

You when they cut a lot of content and are lost on why A is happening and when did B happen

Look it might seem counterproductive but go read the manga adaptation if you hate it so much, atleast with the manga you can read at your own pace and skip the meetings easier if you'd like. You're probably never gonna touch any light novels or regular novels anyhow

TL;DR just put it on 2x speed or skip the meetings yourself if you hate it so much? Just don't go shouting back here when things don't make sense

I shouldn’t have to put it on 2x speed that’s the sign of a poorly paced show that needs to get out of the meeting room and do something
Jun 16, 9:01 AM

Aug 2021
waiting for mindless defenders to tell you how this is how it's supposed to be
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Jun 16, 9:13 AM

Nov 2009
I make it a golden rule that I don't skip anything when I am watching a series, particularly one that I AM ON THE THIRD SEASON OF, but this is the VERY FIRST time I have ever clicked the speed up function on my watch.

The meetings are ....almost tolerable at 4x speed, at least it makes it a mere 5 minutes of meetings instead of 20+.
Jun 16, 9:17 AM
Nov 2022
Chainsaw_Derp said:
ReXiRa said:

I shouldn’t have to put it on 2x speed that’s the sign of a poorly paced show that needs to get out of the meeting room and do something

Saying you don't like people talking yet calling it poorly paced is a huge reach wtf
Jun 16, 9:18 AM
Jun 2020
People gonna be out here insulting you for having low attention span, when the anime is info dumping to no end
Jun 16, 9:22 AM
Mar 2023
farcry15 said:
it feels like there are serious budget issues with this season.
it's not good worldbuilding to stick all your characters in the same room and have them describe and re-describe what has happened and what is happening, and then cut to the bad guys doing the same thing, then back to rimuru. this is just lazy filler, and is taking 'tell don't show' to completely new levels. if they don't plan to take anyone out of the meeting rooms, make it a podcast or drama cd instead.

it’s not a budget issue this is one of the best selling series consistently month over month. it’s being faithful to the source material. that’s all. season 1 which shounen brains loved was the least faithful and messiest adapted season.
Jun 16, 9:25 AM
Mar 2023
AMAN2410 said:
arc1only said:

did you even bother reading my comment? yk a solid chunk of season 2 was straight up just meetings in an outside Pavilion, right?

season 2 also introduced some major characters like diablo, it showed us all the demon lords. it was not just yapping, their was some action as well some gr8 characters introduction. this season, after 10 episodes, not a single good character has been introduced just constant yapping. want to judge a season with its predecessors just check the ratings. At least have some common courtesy of accepting the fact that this season is not that good as u claim it to be.

this season has also introduced major characters. if you’re patient youll come to find out who and appreciate it. if you aren’t patient then drop lol
Jun 16, 9:31 AM
Mar 2023
the rating for this series dropping that people are talking about about is literally because there are an truck load of people watching expecting fights when this series is NOT about it and when they don’t get their fights they cry and downvote it. the people who actually are fans of the series and not of a genre are loving it.
Jun 16, 9:41 AM
Jun 2016
pluginpanda said:
the rating for this series dropping that people are talking about about is literally because there are an truck load of people watching expecting fights when this series is NOT about it and when they don’t get their fights they cry and downvote it. the people who actually are fans of the series and not of a genre are loving it.

I think the rating is dropping coz this season as of yet is shit.
Jun 16, 9:43 AM
Jun 2016
pluginpanda said:
AMAN2410 said:

season 2 also introduced some major characters like diablo, it showed us all the demon lords. it was not just yapping, their was some action as well some gr8 characters introduction. this season, after 10 episodes, not a single good character has been introduced just constant yapping. want to judge a season with its predecessors just check the ratings. At least have some common courtesy of accepting the fact that this season is not that good as u claim it to be.

this season has also introduced major characters. if you’re patient youll come to find out who and appreciate it. if you aren’t patient then drop lol

I can't seem to remember any major characters being introduced this season so far maybe coz the characters they've introduced are irrelevant. they all will have same fate as they will be defeated without much effort by either rimuru or his allies if this poor writing keeps going on.
Jun 16, 9:43 AM
Mar 2023
AMAN2410 said:
pluginpanda said:

to people like you who expect constant fights out of this series who unfortunately make up the masses. the light novels have even more meetings and dialogue than this especially in season 1 and are consistently a highest selling series every month. because the shounen fans either can’t/won’t read lol so it doesn’t get rated poorly.
Jun 16, 9:45 AM
Mar 2023
AMAN2410 said:
pluginpanda said:

I can't seem to remember any major characters being introduced this season so far maybe coz the characters they've introduced are irrelevant. they all will have same fate as they will be defeated without much effort by either rimuru or his allies if this poor writing keeps going on.

you’ve seen them several times you apparently just lack the attention/foresight/patience/critical thinking to understand that you’re not gonna get every answer you want immediately. one of the single largest characters has been introduced and you won’t even see them again this season.
Jun 16, 9:46 AM
Apr 2021
Slime season 3 in nutshell

It's saving anime studio budgets
Jun 16, 9:46 AM
Mar 2023
i’m not gonna argue that some of tensura content isn’t best suited to the animated medium, but just because *you* don’t like it does not mean it is bad.
Jun 16, 9:48 AM
Mar 2023
RoyalDemon05 said:

it’s not a budget thing lol this is literally what happens in the light novels. the series prints money. one of the top selling LN’s, a manga adaptation as well as several spinoff manga adaptations, a solid mobile game, etc. the series is not hurting for budget.
Jun 16, 9:52 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to pluginpanda
RoyalDemon05 said:

it’s not a budget thing lol this is literally what happens in the light novels. the series prints money. one of the top selling LN’s, a manga adaptation as well as several spinoff manga adaptations, a solid mobile game, etc. the series is not hurting for budget.
@pluginpanda as outsiders from this series, I think season 3 could shrink into 12 episodes, if they cut meeting part, I did watch slime anime season 1 in muse Asia but I don't remember the plot, now this season 3 has just become anime meme to waste everyone time on meeting episodes
Jun 16, 9:59 AM
Mar 2023
RoyalDemon05 said:
@pluginpanda as outsiders from this series, I think season 3 could shrink into 12 episodes, if they cut meeting part, I did watch slime anime season 1 in muse Asia but I don't remember the plot, now this season 3 has just become anime meme to waste everyone time on meeting episodes

they already have cut a fair bit of meetings. if they changed it they’d just be making an anime original. this is loyal to the source material. season 1 for actual fans of the series was the worst because they cut so much and did the later stuff out of order. this season is only a meme and waste of time if you’re expecting something from this series that it isn’t. if you don’t like it i’m not here trying to tell you you’re wrong. you can like and dislike as you please, but that does not make it bad. the people who love this series are happy that they are remaining pretty damn loyal to the source.
Jun 16, 10:00 AM
Jun 2016
pluginpanda said:
AMAN2410 said:

to people like you who expect constant fights out of this series who unfortunately make up the masses. the light novels have even more meetings and dialogue than this especially in season 1 and are consistently a highest selling series every month. because the shounen fans either can’t/won’t read lol so it doesn’t get rated poorly.

than I guess we should've read light novels instead of wasting our time in thie season coz right now reading the ln and watching this season is clearly no different since theirs hardly any animation going on.
Jun 16, 10:00 AM
Mar 2023
RoyalDemon05 said:

“i don’t remember the plot” and then complaining about it don’t go a long way in making a valid argument btw lol
Jun 16, 10:01 AM
Mar 2023
AMAN2410 said:
pluginpanda said:

than I guess we should've read light novels instead of wasting our time in thie season coz right now reading the ln and watching this season is clearly no different since theirs hardly any animation going on.

they’ve cut a fair bit of meeting content this season that us fans would’ve liked to have seen
Jun 16, 10:01 AM
Jun 2016
RoyalDemon05 said:

dude u killed it with this meme. 👏 🙌 🔥 👌
Jun 16, 10:05 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to AMAN2410
RoyalDemon05 said:

dude u killed it with this meme. 👏 🙌 🔥 👌
@AMAN2410 ha ha thanks,I don't not enjoy talking episode in anime especially if anime is known for action ,if I want to watch something talkative, I would rather watch star war prequel which has too much meeting and talking scene just like this season
Jun 16, 10:08 AM
Jun 2016
RoyalDemon05 said:
@AMAN2410 ha ha thanks,I don't not enjoy talking episode in anime especially if anime is known for action ,if I want to watch something talkative, I would rather watch star war prequel which has too much meeting and talking scene just like this season

the 1st thing written in its genre is action, and people are saying it's not your typical shounen/action/isekai anime. than what it is. Just people conversing about politics are the debates we see on news channels, not an anime.
Jun 16, 10:08 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to pluginpanda
RoyalDemon05 said:

“i don’t remember the plot” and then complaining about it don’t go a long way in making a valid argument btw lol
@pluginpanda It was long time for me, since I have watched season 1, I kinda like it but i was mostly interest on Shizu character, her OVA episode was very good as outsiders prospective I think this season is not good
Jun 16, 10:10 AM
Mar 2023
RoyalDemon05 said:
@pluginpanda It was long time for me, since I have watched season 1, I kinda like it but i was mostly interest on Shizu character, her OVA episode was very good as outsiders prospective I think this season is not good

and i’m telling you that you not liking it doesn’t make it not good. i don’t like plenty of series that are pretty highly regarded by a lot of people. i don’t say they’re bad. it’s not for me.
Jun 16, 10:11 AM
Mar 2023
RoyalDemon05 said:

tensura isn’t known for action lmao wtf that’s the most confused take on the series i’ve seen
Jun 16, 10:14 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to AMAN2410
RoyalDemon05 said:

the 1st thing written in its genre is action, and people are saying it's not your typical shounen/action/isekai anime. than what it is. Just people conversing about politics are the debates we see on news channels, not an anime.
@AMAN2410 I just don't understand from anime studio, are they trolling the fans or something? They could cut meeting part and shrink into one or two episode instead of 6 episodes which is 50% of 12 episodes anime and 25% of 24 episodes anime, which is kinda insane to me, like how could they even do that? This Season start to becoming good when they went back actions and battle scene,but this episode they went back to meeting room , I mean seriously dude, now novel readers are saying more meeting episode which kinda like torture itself like watching anime, where they do nothing only talking each other and nothing else
Jun 16, 10:19 AM
Jun 2016
RoyalDemon05 said:
@AMAN2410 I just don't understand from anime studio, are they trolling the fans or something? They could cut meeting part and shrink into one or two episode instead of 6 episodes which is 50% of 12 episodes anime and 25% of 24 episodes anime, which is kinda insane to me, like how could they even do that? This Season start to becoming good when they went back actions and battle scene,but this episode they went back to meeting room , I mean seriously dude, now novel readers are saying more meeting episode which kinda like torture itself like watching anime, where they do nothing only talking each other and nothing else

the thing I can't understand is that despite all these flaws, how come people are still defending this show.
Jun 16, 10:21 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to pluginpanda
RoyalDemon05 said:

tensura isn’t known for action lmao wtf that’s the most confused take on the series i’ve seen
@pluginpanda you can't defennd something if it is starting become bad,I can understand your feelings to defend your favorite anime through argument but sometimes you have to admit it, there is something wrong with this, maybe it will become good after few episodes after some meeting, main reason people are criticizing this season, because people are tired on watching 6 episodes of meeting ,it feels like torture to them.
Jun 16, 10:25 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to AMAN2410
RoyalDemon05 said:

the thing I can't understand is that despite all these flaws, how come people are still defending this show.
@AMAN2410 I don't know man maybe they just got bad taste after watching same isekai anime
If you ask me, I won't able to handle this meeting episodes
It's torture , painful and waste of my time .
Jun 16, 10:26 AM
Mar 2023
RoyalDemon05 said:
@pluginpanda you can't defennd something if it is starting become bad,I can understand your feelings to defend your favorite anime through argument but sometimes you have to admit it, there is something wrong with this, maybe it will become good after few episodes after some meeting, main reason people are criticizing this season, because people are tired on watching 6 episodes of meeting ,it feels like torture to them.

your reading comprehension is terrible, and this isn’t my favorite anime it’s just one that i enjoy lol. you saying it’s objectively bad because you don’t like it is like someone who can’t swim saying swimming is objectively bad. it’s not for you ≠ it’s bad. i guess i expect too much for MAL shounen fans to understand nuance.
Jun 16, 10:28 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to pluginpanda
RoyalDemon05 said:

your reading comprehension is terrible, and this isn’t my favorite anime it’s just one that i enjoy lol. you saying it’s objectively bad because you don’t like it is like someone who can’t swim saying swimming is objectively bad. it’s not for you ≠ it’s bad. i guess i expect too much for MAL shounen fans to understand nuance.
@pluginpanda lol reviews and ratings are telling everything about this season, your defense is already invalid just admit your defeat
Jun 16, 10:28 AM
Jun 2016
RoyalDemon05 said:
@AMAN2410 I don't know man maybe they just got bad taste after watching same isekai anime
If you ask me, I won't able to handle this meeting episodes
It's torture , painful and waste of my time .

oh man!!! the meme is perfect 🤣🤣🤣
Jun 16, 10:29 AM
Mar 2023
RoyalDemon05 said:
@pluginpanda lol reviews and ratings are telling everything about this season, your defense is already invalid just admit your defeat

because the majority of anime fans are smooth-brained and only wanna see fights. you literally admitted this when you said “the anime got good when action started”. the people who have developed prefrontal cortexes and actually enjoy the series are happy with this season.
Jun 16, 11:32 AM
Mar 2023
As much as I hate the conference room meetings in this season I know it's important for a great world building so sometimes we just have to be patient and suck it up and trust the process
Jun 16, 11:56 AM
Jun 2019
Chainsaw_Derp said:

I know Slime Tensura isn’t a battle Shonen but this is just a basic problem of not following show don’t tell
These massive info dumps in that bland-ass conference room without cutting to ANYTHING else and also them dragging the conversation out is not entertaining and not the best way to convey the information
Besides the earlier seasons had plenty of fights to keep us entertained but they have been pretty much nonexistent besides the last one which sucked imo

Man, the story in the first seasons was about fighting to build a kingdom.
Now it's about politics and strategy, to make it grow, keep good relationships with other kingdom etc.
The shift from lots of fights to lots of meetings was necessary.

You don't like how it's evolving? That's fine.
But again you're just expecting something the anime won't give you.
So don't cry
shawnfosterJun 16, 12:00 PM
Jun 16, 1:09 PM
Mar 2008
Man... Keep watching it so I can see you give us your thoughts about S4 and the labyrinth. 12 eps just fine tuning and talking if they stay true to the source material.
Jun 16, 1:41 PM
May 2021
shawnfoster said:
Chainsaw_Derp said:

Man, the story in the first seasons was about fighting to build a kingdom.
Now it's about politics and strategy, to make it grow, keep good relationships with other kingdom etc.
The shift from lots of fights to lots of meetings was necessary.

You don't like how it's evolving? That's fine.
But again you're just expecting something the anime won't give you.
So don't cry

How was I supposed to know the series would pivot to “That Time I Got Reincarnated into a Board Meeting”?
I’m experiencing all this shit new, so I think some valid criticism is in order if they suddenly start doing something I dislike instead of what I did like before
Jun 16, 3:05 PM
Apr 2024
The latest one was actually interesting and progressed the story, unlike most of the ones in the first 6 episodes.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 16, 5:44 PM

Aug 2015
Reply to Piromysl
Shounen kids when story progression and worldbuilding happens instead of mindless action...
@Piromysl there's a difference between "not having action" and spending 90% of the show's runtime in a conference room

You can convey these plot points and worldbuilding in many different ways than a bunch of characters having a meeting. Worse yet like half of what they're saying is shit we already know or unnecessary exposition
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jun 16, 5:57 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to Jokuc
@Piromysl there's a difference between "not having action" and spending 90% of the show's runtime in a conference room

You can convey these plot points and worldbuilding in many different ways than a bunch of characters having a meeting. Worse yet like half of what they're saying is shit we already know or unnecessary exposition
@Jokuc You did the math on that? And you're sure there is absolutely no new information?

Jun 16, 11:07 PM
Apr 2023
As a one to catch up with manga, let me tell you this: There will be more discussions like before in the future episodes and future seasons, The manga is around the 8th volume of its light novel. There are a total of 19 volumes of light novels now ig (I don't know whether it is 19 or 20 exactly and it's still ongoing). In future the Kingdom of monsters will further develop, so many meetings with many nations will be taking place. It includes trade, treaties and many more. So if you are not able to withstand it, I advise you to stop watching it. Btw I like these kinds of developments. So think we'll and proceed.
GingerMelloJun 16, 11:28 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Sep 27

96 by landofthekwt »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21

155 by Sugram22 »»
5 hours ago

» Ranking the strongest character that have been shown in the anime.

RjtheGreat14 - Sep 27

18 by Yaggamy »»
6 hours ago

» [Leak] Season 4 Production decision

Kast2 - Sep 27

24 by dwraz123 »»
8 hours ago

» I really liked the meetings

GuaxAlado - Sep 27

11 by goran- »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.