Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 13, 7:33 AM

Jan 2009
a complete anime adaptation so glad
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 13, 7:55 AM

Aug 2014
Fuck yes! Finally a good anime be getting a sequel.
Jun 13, 8:06 AM

Mar 2023
We're about half way into the source material, so this should finish with 24 more episodes
Jun 13, 8:06 AM
Sep 2016
LETS GOOOOOOOO i was hoping for a season 2 announcement after the last episode today!!!!
Jun 13, 8:13 AM

Jul 2011
Nice, really excited for season 2!
Jun 13, 8:16 AM
Nov 2023
You love to see it.
Jun 13, 8:20 AM
Jul 2015
OMG the hype is so real!!! Not sure if I'll be able to hold off reading the manga after watching the last episode today and wait for S2...
Jun 13, 9:08 AM

Sep 2016
Dungeon Meshi oooh Dungeon Meshi
Jun 13, 9:28 AM

Oct 2017
Theres so many stuff I'm looking forward to watching in s2.
Jun 13, 9:36 AM

Jul 2013
Such good news! Was hoping this announcement would come immediately.
Jun 13, 9:42 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to GTRaijin
Fuck yes! Finally a good anime be getting a sequel.
@GTRaijin Good anime don't get sequels?
Jun 13, 9:52 AM

Aug 2014
RobertBobert said:

Look how many trashy, generic, copy paste anime are getting multiple sequels while actually good, interesting and different/somewhqt unique anime don't even get any announcements (Heavenly Delusion, Undead Unluck, Frieren are some of the recent examples).
So yeah, these days, many amazing/very good anime just get 1 season and then you either wait for years to get an announcement of a sequel or don't get anything at all.
Jun 13, 9:55 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to GTRaijin
RobertBobert said:

Look how many trashy, generic, copy paste anime are getting multiple sequels while actually good, interesting and different/somewhqt unique anime don't even get any announcements (Heavenly Delusion, Undead Unluck, Frieren are some of the recent examples).
So yeah, these days, many amazing/very good anime just get 1 season and then you either wait for years to get an announcement of a sequel or don't get anything at all.
@GTRaijin Could you name some "trashy, generic, copy paste" anime that you don't think deserved a sequel? Just because 1-2 shows you liked didn’t get a sequel doesn’t mean that good anime don’t get sequels. Not to mention, UUs are known for having very borderline financial returns.
Jun 13, 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
RobertBobert said:
@GTRaijin Could you name some "trashy, generic, copy paste" anime that you don't think deserved a sequel? Just because 1-2 shows you liked didn’t get a sequel doesn’t mean that good anime don’t get sequels. Not to mention, UUs are known for having very borderline financial returns.

Mato Seihei no Slave, Reborn as a vending machine, I got a cheat skill in another world and became unrivaled in real world, In another world with my smartphone, Sorcerous stabber orphen, The fruit of evolution. Here is to name some.
Jun 13, 10:24 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to GTRaijin
RobertBobert said:

Mato Seihei no Slave, Reborn as a vending machine, I got a cheat skill in another world and became unrivaled in real world, In another world with my smartphone, Sorcerous stabber orphen, The fruit of evolution. Here is to name some.
@GTRaijin Half of these shows already had a sequel, the other half are completely harmless mid-level shows. Some of which are based on fairly popular source material. I don't think you can call them that just because they don't suit your personal tastes. For example, Orphen is literally a reboot of a former cult work, but you're probably only judging that based on the recent anime. Mato Seihei no Slave, in turn, was written by a very famous and popular screenwriter, who in the past wrote Yuki Yuna and Akame ga Kill.

And even if we take this as a conditional fact, there are a lot of good shows around that are getting sequels even to the surprise of their fans.
Jun 13, 10:28 AM

Aug 2014
RobertBobert said:
@GTRaijin Half of these shows already had a sequel, the other half are completely harmless mid-level shows. Some of which are based on fairly popular source material. I don't think you can call them that just because they don't suit your personal tastes. For example, Orphen is literally a reboot of a former cult work, but you're probably only judging that based on the recent anime. Mato Seihei no Slave, in turn, was written by a very famous and popular screenwriter, who in the past wrote Yuki Yuna and Akame ga Kill.

And even if we take this as a conditional fact, there are a lot of good shows around that are getting sequels even to the surprise of their fans.

I know that they had a sequel, that's what I'm trying to say in the first place.
Jun 13, 10:31 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to GTRaijin
RobertBobert said:

I know that they had a sequel, that's what I'm trying to say in the first place.
@GTRaijin You did not understand me. Some shows are created with the initial decision to make a sequel, it is simply positioned as a new season to make the show seem more successful and popular in the eyes of people. Especially if it's not a blockbuster.
Jun 13, 10:53 AM

Aug 2020
Oh yes, I am glad this series will continue. One of the season's best.

Jun 13, 10:59 AM
Feb 2020
A high quality manga getting a complete and comprehensive (high quality) anime adaptation is always cause for celebration, especially for something and unique/non-standard as this (I haven't even seen the first season yet, but I know I'll vibe with it lol)

Shit that gets in the way of something like this actually happening:
1. Studios taking on multiple projects or simply moving on to the the next one, looking at you Land of the Lustrous🥲(also consider anime production being often most motivated by the boosting of manga sales)
2. Manga/LNs just never knowing when to f*cking end lol (I completely understand that authors are fully entitled to capitalise on their story's formula and established fanbase and the story itself doesn't usually suffer from them doing so, but it is semi-frustrating for completionist freaks like me who dreads the author's death before completing their story (👀George👀) whilst also being aware of the potential loss of interest in subsequent adaptations)
3. The simple fact that adapting shows like this that don't allign with popular trends (e.g. Isekai/CGDCT/Shounen/etc.) is probably considered a risk in and of itself (i.e. a lot of high quality manga have a low feasability of being be picked up for adaptation)
4. The lack of studios that are capable of doing Trigger tier animation lol
5. Etc.

So yea, this is neat.
Jun 13, 11:16 AM

Jul 2023
Terrific news to hear, the first season was a gem of an adaptation.
Jun 13, 11:57 AM
Mar 2024
Not even half way through the first season and I’m super excited!!!!
Jun 13, 12:11 PM

Aug 2018
LETSSS GOOOO so happy we are getting the full adaptation
"When There Is Evil In This World That Justice Cannot Defeat, Would You Taint Your Hands With Evil To Defeat Evil? Or Would You Remain Steadfast And Righteous Even If It Means Surrendering To Evil?"
Jun 13, 12:45 PM

May 2024
It's amazing that season 2 was announced on the same day as the last episode. I'm excited to find out when it arrives.
Jun 13, 12:53 PM

Feb 2008
This wasn't really a surprise at all. But it all nice to see it confirmed to get another season. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 13, 1:30 PM

Jun 2015
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I thought they were gonna hit with the "gO REaD tHe MaNgA" ad bullshit but NO!!!!!

A full adaptation for the win!

It's still gonna take like at least 3 years to make but better than nothing!
Jun 13, 1:48 PM

Mar 2020
Yup it deserved it s1 was quite good.
If you like doors welcome to the club Door Lovers!
Jun 13, 1:53 PM

Jul 2016
So glad to see another season in the making already. It's been a great adaptation so far I can't wait to see them keep going with it
Jun 13, 3:57 PM
Aug 2018
LETSGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 13, 4:20 PM
Nov 2016
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOO
This is one of the best anime of the last decade imo and it's in my top 10 favourite anime of all time
So I'm glad it getting a full adaptation!
Jun 13, 5:10 PM

Oct 2017
Wow, glad it got consecutive adaptation.
We dont even need to wait that long.
Jun 13, 6:16 PM
Jan 2021
Holllyy what, let's goooooo..... now if only frieren would give us s2
Jun 13, 6:21 PM

Apr 2020
LETS FUCKING GOOOO I CANNOT WAIT FOR MY PRECIOUS ACOUSTIC BOI TO COME BACK
Jun 13, 10:13 PM

Nov 2016
pretty hyped for this actually! as a manga reader, i love the anime adaptation. hoping that this would be 25 episodes as well
Jun 14, 2:03 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to RobertBobert

@RobertBobert Most people can agree isekai is becoming oversaturated and overrated, so it would be nice if we could sacrifice even just a handful of these sh*tty copy paste isekai with better shows from other genres, or even make one anime season for good mangas that people desperately want adaptations for. Nobody is going to care if famous author X writes yet another isekai story Y, even less so if its format has high schoolers in a school setting saving the world... again, or a salaryman going to another world to get a harem... again.
RapierreJun 14, 2:08 AM
Jun 14, 2:12 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Rapierre
@RobertBobert Most people can agree isekai is becoming oversaturated and overrated, so it would be nice if we could sacrifice even just a handful of these sh*tty copy paste isekai with better shows from other genres, or even make one anime season for good mangas that people desperately want adaptations for. Nobody is going to care if famous author X writes yet another isekai story Y, even less so if its format has high schoolers in a school setting saving the world... again, or a salaryman going to another world to get a harem... again.
@Rapierre More than people who don't realize that their tastes are subjective, I love only people who unironically present their opinion as the opinion of everyone (full of prejudices and insincerity, judging by your favorites). Well, if isekai annoys you that much, then just stop watching it. Nobody is forcing you.
RobertBobertJun 14, 2:16 AM
Jun 14, 2:43 AM

Mar 2021
Yessss <3 I cried when the last episode ended, it was such a relief to see the 2nd season announcement
Jun 14, 2:51 AM

Mar 2016
DAMNN, I can’t wait this is getting new sequel! 10/10 best anime so far
Jun 14, 5:06 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to GTRaijin
RobertBobert said:

@GTRaijin it's silly things u said there.
You know what, the producer committee is only care about Japanese audience, it's always is.
foreign audience is a plus point. So as long as the Japanese audience like the shows, it doesn't matter if the foreign audience hate it.
And the shows you mentioned above is popular in Japanese audience, even to the point their source material is getting an increase in their selling.
Jun 14, 5:09 AM
Aug 2021
Reply to GTRaijin
RobertBobert said:

You know what, the producer committee is only care about Japanese audience, it's always is.
foreign audience is a plus point. So as long as the Japanese audience like the shows, it doesn't matter if the foreign audience hate it.
And the shows you mentioned above is popular in Japanese audience, even to the point their source material is getting an increase in their selling.
And as someone said above, sometimes a project anime is already decided to be have sequel in the beginning stages of production, this decision make either as split cour or sequel
Jun 14, 5:13 AM

Aug 2014
lilyxxwise said:
And as someone said above, sometimes a project anime is already decided to be have sequel in the beginning stages of production, this decision make either as split cour or sequel

Can you repeat that again? Anyway, you are missing the point just like the other person is.
Jun 14, 10:18 AM

Aug 2020
This anime surprised me. These are good news!

Jun 14, 10:21 AM

May 2020
So, we will have full adaptation 😃 I'm officially happy 🤩
Jun 14, 12:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to GTRaijin
RobertBobert said:

@GTRaijin IMO what he is saying to you is that there is no point in bitching about more average shows getting sequels because the better series are also getting sequels more frequently these days.
Jun 14, 12:49 PM

Aug 2018
Well deserved. Laios x Marcille needs to be canonized
Jun 14, 2:48 PM

May 2017
i am happy it's getting another season, but i'm not sure if i will actually watch it haha. not for a while, at least. i haven't even finished the first season yet! i loved the manga but i wasn't as captivated by the anime. i do like it, it's just missing some bits and i felt like the manga had better pacing. regardless, it's awesome to see all the characters animated and dungeon meshi getting a complete(?) anime adaptation :-)
Jun 14, 4:48 PM

Nov 2015
Yes, this crew needs a complete adaptation! i'm so happy to see more of senshi's cooking.
Jun 15, 5:19 AM

Jun 2024
Excited for the 2nd season of Dungeon Meshi!!

"It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence"
-Monke
Jun 15, 5:21 AM

Mar 2015
The later half of the manga is where all the interesting stuff happens so I'm really excited to see this animated.
Jun 15, 6:19 AM
Nov 2023
I think season 2 would by recapping what happened in season 1, considering that most of us would want a refresher after being burned out from waiting.
Jun 15, 10:04 AM
Jul 2019
Really excited for this. S1 covered 52 chapters, hoping we get another 24 eps to cover the last 45 chapters. The remaining parts of the series are easily the best, as well as the most meaty, pun intended. Trigger actually showed a scene from quite a bit later in the manga, so maybe S2 isn’t too far off, or maybe I’m being overly optimistic lol.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Complete Adaptation?

DioBrando_69420 - Sep 21

6 by utopia- »»
Oct 12, 10:09 PM

» VA predictions

xxxATiON - Jun 30

0 by xxxATiON »»
Jun 30, 5:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.