Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 16, 10:20 PM

Aug 2016
I'm having a hard time not just comparing this to Violet Evergarden, which really isn't doing the series any favors. I'm not saying it's poorly written, it just (as of yet) hasn't begun to approach Violet Evergarden. It's not that it isn't beautiful, but VE was KyoAni at their best. And ultimately, the generic fantasy world is one that I find grating. Not because I don't like fantasy, but because I love it. The best of fantasy requires great worldbuilding, and the bland archetypal idea of a fantasy world that gets painted over most fantasy/isekai spits in the face of the stories that do it well. And I don't see a reason to think that this world is anything more than that.

While I do find it a bit slowly paced, that's not my problem with the show. But it has yet to grab me the way it seems to have for so many others. I do hope it picks up soon, because I feel guilty wondering why I'm not just rewatching Violet Evergarden instead with each episode. (Obviously, they're not one-to-one, with VE's world being a lot less fantastical and overall having slightly different character dynamics and tone, but the things that are so far unique to Frieren aren't yet enough)

Apr 19, 11:15 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to Tamer2002
"It's only a ten-year adventure."
Now there is a main goal for this trip.
Very good chapter.
These 4 chapters were too good.
(Chapters 06 to 08 of the manga adapted.)

@Tamer2002 Absolutely beautiful production, captured across these images. The story really portrays the fantasy setting so well through both the visual animations and soundtrack. The characters, especially Frieren are presented in a way that makes us super drawn to their narrative. I'm glad to see that Eisen is still around and the two crossing paths again. Looking forward to watching Frieren and Fern continue to develop along their journey.
Apr 22, 11:33 PM

Jun 2009
Man, this show really is the king of montages, isn't it?
May 5, 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
The moment she opened her old master's home... beautiful. This show just continues to deliver. Eisen is also really cool, I love how he acts like he's too old for anything but then just casually lifts a huge rock and runs on water xD
May 8, 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
What great friends Frieren got. Despite knowing each other for an average human lifespan already, they still think of her as her friend. Comrades are really something else.
May 8, 6:30 PM
Apr 2024
I will give the highest rating for this anime because I think this anime really deserves it
May 12, 7:05 PM
Jan 2022
I dont know what to thing about this episode tbh it was sad
May 13, 11:21 PM
May 2020
the visuals were pleasing, and i just love the characters and how they interact
May 15, 3:21 AM
Jul 2022
good anime, because this anime is best
May 19, 1:23 AM
May 2024
so amazingg! i think the best of 2023's for an adventure animes so far
Jun 10, 11:37 PM
Feb 2022
It was really cool to see more of Eisen the dwarf this episode, as he was the main party member I immediately really liked from the start, and it was very interesting to see some of Frieren's past even before the main quest to slay the demon king. I like how this show deals with loss and regret - it feels very human and relatable even for such an abstract world. It is also nice to see a direction for the plot to go in, and even a goal for our traveling elf.
Jun 21, 11:58 PM
Feb 2023
How do the writers make it feel like I already watched an anime about their 10 year journey all the way through?
Jun 23, 12:07 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode. First we see Fern say Flamme's writings are fake, then we learn she was her Master lmao. Surely she would've known where she kept her writings since the flashback showed they were there together? Anyway, at least now the travelling duo have a purpose with their time!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 6, 2:26 PM
Mar 2022
i reach 4th episodes now, I like this anime i feel peace
Jul 11, 7:16 AM
Jul 2018
boring asl, when does it get good.
Jul 13, 2:45 AM
Sep 2018
i can't believe i was sleeping on this peak when it was airing
Jul 14, 11:25 AM
Feb 2020
I liked the flashbacks with Eisen and his realization of Heaven's existence. Flamme being Frieren's master was a nice reveal and very unexpected.
Jul 16, 10:45 PM
Feb 2022
Frieren and I have a great connection that was seen in this episode XD I can't believe this became one of my favorite episodes of the series!
Jul 17, 12:19 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Flamme seems a really interesting char. I hope we will learn and see more from her in the future!

Jul 31, 10:27 AM

Aug 2018
Another great episode! So we finally see that the orange-haired woman from the opening is actually Frieren's teacher Flamme! I wasn't expecting that revelation! Also, Eisen appears once again, and he's actually still alive, and isn't dying any time soon! It makes sense since he's a dwarf after all.
I like how Flamme, Heiter and Eisen all knew that Frieren was going to regret not trying to get to know humans more, and in a way the 3 of them all planned this so that Frieren could speak to Himmel once again. I was shocked to know it was going to be a 10 year journey though! That means Fern will be a full grown woman by the time the journey ends!
But it was nice to see Frieren smile when she thought about the journey to come, because it does seem like she's going to revisit the old journey she did, while she will also be able to change what she regrets about the last journey she did. I'm really excited for this new journey, and I suppose this is going to be the main focus of the story from now on! Really curious to see Frieren and Fern's relationship from now on. It was nice to see Eisen reassuring Fern that Frieren was a good master.
Also, are we getting to know the boy that I suppose is also joining the party, due to the opening, in the next episode? It seems like I heard a new voice actor with the line of something about warriors, and he seems to be one, so I'm interested to see that! I genuinely feel like we are algo doing this journey with Fern and Frieren, and that's such a good feeling honestly!
Aug 4, 1:45 PM
Apr 2024
dope as usual, nothing to add above
Aug 14, 7:50 AM
Jan 2021
This episode brought me back from Christianity and it's wild
Aug 25, 1:44 PM
Oct 2022
o anime mais incrível que eu já vi
Sep 4, 5:59 PM

Oct 2022
That was unbelievably BORING
I'm beginning to regret watching this in sub. There's tons of dialogue, and nothing interesting happened at all. It's trying to get sentimental and get me to care about stereotype characters that had barely any unique appeal to start with.
Sep 8, 9:46 AM

Jun 2022
1) that sure was annoying , give me back my 4 episodes worth of time .

2) this belongs somewhere around top 1000 - 10,000 and i.e me being generous . aside from the animation , nothing here is worth watching .

3) would have been watchable if they started with the route of killing the demon king & gave final 1-2 episodes to her conclusion which is now the whole anime .

4) i usually drop series with 24 or more episodes at 6 , sometimes at 5 but in cases like this 4 is more than enough .

Sayonara Sousou!
Sep 18, 10:54 PM
Jan 2012
cool and funny,nice begin
Yesterday, 1:48 PM

Sep 2021
I can't understand how it took so long to clean the beach. I don't know magic but I think I could clean it faster. And if they can fly, why's it take 10 years to go to the north end of the continent? Even Eisen can run on water at like 100 km/hr.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 12

214 by RainyhBunny »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

302 by Khashishi »»
Yesterday, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

344 by RainyhBunny »»
Yesterday, 10:01 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

906 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 19, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShadowkillZ - Mar 15

385 by SuperAdventure »»
Sep 19, 5:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.