Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 8, 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Look at how happy Mio is to see Shidou again. However, this episode had its cost in order to bring back Shndou.

Mio sacrificing Kurumi definitely pains Shidou to see. From Mio's perspective, she took this episode really far getting everyone involved. I do think it captured the tense moments were captured well. Mio is brutal...she just attacks with a plain look on her face. Kaguya deserved better this episode.

Seems Shido's got another tough fight next episode.
May 8, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
Best girl Kurumi... damn.

Kurumi stands before Shidou, who has been impaled by an arm through his chest. Despite Kurumi's attempt to use Zafkiel, she is thwarted. As the silhouette of a young woman emerges, Kurumi's last words are: "Shi.... dou.... run...." Suddenly, all of Kurumi's surrounding clones begin to vanish. Then, a girl appears before Shidou. She touches his head, and all of her memories flood back into him. In the midst of a severe headache, Shidou calls out the girl's name: "Mio."

The scene shifts to the Fraxinus flying over Tenguu City. The crew observes from the display that Kurumi Tokisaki's life signal has vanished. The encounter between Mio and Shidou is captured by the camera and displayed on the main screen. All the crew members, including Kotori, are stunned by the name "Shin," reminiscent of how Murasame Reine refers to Shidou. They also note the striking resemblance between the girl standing before Shidou and a younger Reine. Reine now fully embraces her true identity without reservation. "Phantom" Reine utters her farewell to Kotori.

Damn, I never expected to feel so sad after watching an episode of Date A Live...

May 8, 7:58 AM
Aug 2022
Mio is so happy to see shido again 😭
But that costed the life of.....😭.
This is so sad. 💔
Should I rate this episode 1 or 5 ? So conflicting. decided to rate it 5.

Ricky16May 8, 9:21 AM
May 8, 8:14 AM
Oct 2023
excellent episode!

no censorship, kurumi and kaguya's death very brutal and violent.

We hardly see the cgi, but there are many moving moments, with yuzuru in tears and shido reproaching mio's method.

And so much action! I didn't see the time go by! 10/10 this episode
May 8, 8:23 AM

Feb 2021
So all the spirits are just tools made by Mio to gradually give Shido spirit powers so he can remember her? Damn. But now I'm wondering how he ended up as Kotori's sister. Also Kotori was Homura Haruko in the past? *goes to the wiki to read about that* *gets a ton of spoilers* Okay yeah, that was dumb af of me, don't do that.

13:04 So I was wondering if "Ein Sof Ohr" means anything and found this:
村雨 令音 (Murasame Reine). If you combine the first kanji of her name (令) plus the second kanji of her surname (雨) you get the kanji for "zero" (零), which is a part of the character Mio (澪) (see previous episode for how Shido came up with her name and the kanji). In the Kabbalah, Zero stands for the three mysterious forces located above, and said to be the origin of, the Kabbalah's Tree of Life, "En" (Nothingness), "En Sof" (The Infinite), and "Ohr En Sof" (The Infinite Light). I also found that it can be spelled as "Ain Soph Aur". Also in Japanese it's written as 万象聖堂 - "Sanctuary of All Things In Creation".

13:51 Deus is Latin for "god" or "deity"

With Kurumi and Kaguya dying just like that, I'm expecting a huge time reset or something by the end of the season/series.
And again, the title of this episode is "Mother zero", not "Mother Mio"

Really good episode! This season has been crazy so far, I love it.
We're finally getting Westcott's backstory next episode, I've been wondering what's his deal the whole series.
May 8, 8:32 AM

Jan 2020
This is peak fiction
May 8, 8:36 AM
Jul 2022
Okay… is there anyone at Crunchyroll checking these very obviously AI translated subtitles? Because if there is they are doing an absolute shit job… there’s no way that mistranslation of Mikie’s name should have gotten past you.
May 8, 8:42 AM
Dec 2014
Mio Game Over Arc begins
May 8, 8:51 AM
Aug 2022
That end scene with Ike pulling up on Shido had me jumping with excitement, My hype for date a live is at its peak. The animation felt a lot better this episode
May 8, 8:56 AM

Jul 2016
Everybody gangsta till Reine gets rid of her eyebags

And c'mon, of all the situations Mii goes "that's so lame" to, you'd think witnessing Shido pull out a giant key out of thin air to open a wormhole would warrant a "that's so cool" for once.
May 8, 9:00 AM

Nov 2017
Another Mystersy solved in this Episode for Anime Watchers only, we've got to see how Shido/Shinji got the Power, and why the spirits got the power too, and i love how different Halvanhelev design in this episode. at the end i hope to See Shido vs Wescott battle, but turns out they gonna do Wescott, Ellen, & Woodman childhood story first huh, Can't wait !!!
May 8, 9:09 AM

Nov 2019
We are getting to the best fight of the series, Westcott vs Shido. God, I pray animation delivers...

Oh Mio...

Too strong to die

Too weak to get rid of emotions
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 8, 9:32 AM
May 2021
Holy shit.... kurumi and kaguya 💀💀. And that last scene was epic. So in next episode we will finally get the backstory of Westcott trio and spirit of origin discovery. Excited for it!
May 8, 9:32 AM

Oct 2017
This is it, the absolute peak of Date a Live.

We finally got to know what Mio was thinking and why she created the spirits and how Shido has the spirit power. All for the sake of Shin, her one true love. Reine/Mio reveal with the transformation scene and the bgm, freaking amazing. Time to kill all the girls that has been seducing her man and get him back.

She couldn't die but she also couldn't live without her one and only love. So she'll do everything to have him. Just wish there was a way for all of them to have a happy end and she didn't have to kill the other spirits.
May 8, 9:36 AM
Jul 2023
RIP the best girl…

Things are just going to get more depressing from here on out.
May 8, 9:42 AM

May 2020
kurumi nooooo
i hope she isnt actually dead

May 8, 10:47 AM

Mar 2020
Great episode as expected but the animation leaves a lot to be desired they are gonna go all cgi next ep aren't they?

Also for LN readers correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't Ein Sof Ohr have
in the middle of the flower?
nhc9May 8, 10:53 AM
May 8, 11:00 AM
Apr 2022
Peak fight is coming, the animation is so good, like what i say, they had improved, can't wait for next episode
May 8, 11:01 AM
Mar 2021
The ost and everything was hitting hard... can't wait for the next episode
May 8, 11:13 AM

Feb 2019
Holyyy, they follow up the best date a live episode ever with one that’s just as good. Brutal episode to watch, but amazing.

So the other spirits were created as tools to help Shido regain his memories of Mio and their past life, wild when you think that everything Shido’s been through has basically been calculated and planned out by Mio to bring him to this one moment in time.

The one thing she clearly didn’t calculate was how much Shido has grown to care for all of the girls and the moments they’ve spent together. There’s no way he’d ever go for a memory wipe. It almost makes her “I’m too strong to die, and too weak to forget” line a little ironic. She couldn’t forget Shido, but expects him to be able to forget others he loves.

Still think she’s best girl. I love the characters travelling thru time for love trope

RIP Kurumi and Kaguya holy shit, did not expect this episode to be so brutal and uncensored. Mio bursting out of Kurumi chest and then Kaguya getting gored like that were hard to watch.

Ike vs Shido next episode finally 🙏🏾 they’re telling me this is gonna be an amazing fight so I can’t wait. Hope it’s not too much cgi like some of these fights have been.
Marinate1016May 8, 11:49 AM
May 8, 11:25 AM

Jun 2017
Damnnn that went from 0 to 100 real quick.....Mio doesn't fuck around.
May 8, 12:00 PM
Sep 2019
Bro, just like that best girl Kurumi and Kaguya are dead!?😢
Good thing the op kinda spoiled that Shidou is gonna use Kurumi's power to most likely go back in time and fix everything. No way we let them die like this 😠
May 8, 12:45 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Berch0
Okay… is there anyone at Crunchyroll checking these very obviously AI translated subtitles? Because if there is they are doing an absolute shit job… there’s no way that mistranslation of Mikie’s name should have gotten past you.
@Berch0 Bold of you to assume Crunchyroll cares.
May 8, 1:03 PM
Jan 2022
SO SAD!!! Kurumi please…this cannot be the end🙏
May 8, 1:51 PM
Mar 2017
At first catching up from 3-5 I was like huh those is cool Mio details, the Shin part/Mana part.

I assume Kurumi and more will come back not just be sacrificed. They wouldn't just kill a favourite character off or if they do not without good reason which I mean her appearing sure was good.

Some parts I was like yeah makes sense others I was like ok then.

Reina just being consumed makes sense but they just don't address the why she is so tired. I know S1 sure but they didn't expand it to be oh she was the other side of Mio so she is exhausted due to something else but I guess she just is what she is the can't keep up with the real world. Rather than say the 2 halves of Yamai with two different personalities. She is but just the more weak one? Or the modern life lived one then the spirit one. Huh.

Maybe the light novel and xplains that or maybe it doesn't as no need it isn't a worthy detail. Who knows.

Shido kissing Marina I mean Nibelcole (episode 4) sure. It has it's funny moments still inbetween some good touching ones but not just because the adaptation is trying very hard to include what it can besides a battle (not read these parts of the light novel before so new to me), besides side details that are relevant and all this stuff from each character to Kurumi. So much back and forth.

The CGI in battles hasn't bothered me but I've noticed it.

A lot of whiplash is happening for so many characters details.

A fair amount of answers but more questions to pile on.

RIP the state of spirits right now.

I assume Mio wants all the crystals back? Did they split them/birth the spirits intentionally and went nah I want them back or is it because they were taken and used by the 3 of Elliot, Westcott, Ellen. But maybe to expand on those they lose in their backstory ? I have no idea again I haven't read the light novel only speculating.

This series is easy enough to guess things for sometimes. Until Milo and then a lot of what further we don't know moments.

Compared to the oh Origami arc when author is ready kind of pacing.

I assume yes but then again they have their backstory to come.

Special crystals and yet Mio wants to go and make herself more powerful? Or give it to Shido or something like just take them back and recent the 3 of them in their backstory have to bring their village back or recreate that with the spirits?

As the spirits are her un-intended daughters because of them and experiments.

But I mean. Some deeper more then modern day stuff. Like Why? This is just like S2 with the start of Westcott for me going 'I had deeper plans' the author tells the reader but on a scale of 'there are other worlds' (in other series to expand the universe and draw people in and it's like no you didn't stop lying you just want this nonsense of scale that wasn't there alongside it in a way the original intentions maybe of Mio moments but this crystal and the 3 of them backstory.

Like come on what a load of overcomplicating to impress. It's just silly. Drags out the story, pushes a lot of ideas to drag it out, mess with things and push a nice 20+ novels or exhausted all ideas or mixes with others besides the encores or the 'fun' side tracking like the fairy tale world which they did more in aide stories as well)

Like.... in we have the regular/spirit sure but some fantasy past and the 3 of them HAPPENED to get to the present to blend in nonsense.

The author is just throwing anything at the wall.

I'm still enjoying it but it's still a load of nonsense.

The Mio stuff and the 3Ellen/Elliott of them seeing different sides is fine but the backstory to come I mean. Seriously this series is just trying so hard to have too much depth and it's a bit excessive.

It keeps getting bloated. We just needed some crystal to be mined, used for an experiment or something else and they used it for experiments to make spirits and the rest makes sense but a fantasy past. XD I get it it works it's just a bit too much.

I mean if Shido lost his confidence to date sure he already struggled before but from that and the Elliot let's her go of Ep4 to this. Even.

I wondered if he got his spirit powers from her or Tohka but the whole thing in Episode 4 sure makes sense and from a spirit of origin makes sense. It's weird the other details but sure. We don't or do have the Kotori's family details (other than just we know they don't need to show us) of how they took him in too?

Also Takamoya and Itsuka parents busy hmm.

The Mio moments make sense this fantasy element to the other 3 is a joke.

It makes sense kind of to further expand then just oh and experiment because well how else do they have the crystals then just mining some per chance level story telling but this expansion is kind of silly for scale to expand on.
Suntanned_Duck2May 8, 2:17 PM
May 8, 2:52 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to nhc9
Great episode as expected but the animation leaves a lot to be desired they are gonna go all cgi next ep aren't they?

Also for LN readers correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't Ein Sof Ohr have
in the middle of the flower?
@nhc9

Yes, there should have been mayuri, it's the only flaw in the episode, because the quality of the animation and cgi was really excellent.
May 8, 3:02 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to Suntanned_Duck2
At first catching up from 3-5 I was like huh those is cool Mio details, the Shin part/Mana part.

I assume Kurumi and more will come back not just be sacrificed. They wouldn't just kill a favourite character off or if they do not without good reason which I mean her appearing sure was good.

Reina just being consumed makes sense but they just don't address the why she is so tired. I know S1 sure but they didn't expand it to be oh she was the other side of Mio so she is exhausted due to something else but I guess she just is what she is the can't keep up with the real world. Rather than say the 2 halves of Yamai with two different personalities. She is but just the more weak one? Or the modern life lived one then the spirit one. Huh.

Maybe the light novel and xplains that or maybe it doesn't as no need it isn't a worthy detail. Who knows.

Shido kissing Marina I mean Nibelcole (episode 4) sure. It has it's funny moments still inbetween some good touching ones but not just because the adaptation is trying very hard to include what it can besides a battle (not read these parts of the light novel before so new to me), besides side details that are relevant and all this stuff from each character to Kurumi. So much back and forth.

I assume Mio wants all the crystals back? Did they split them/birth the spirits intentionally and went nah I want them back or is it because they were taken and used by the 3 of Elliot, Westcott, Ellen. But maybe to expand on those they lose in their backstory ? I have no idea again I haven't read the light novel only speculating.

This series is easy enough to guess things for sometimes. Until Milo and then a lot of what further we don't know moments.

Special crystals and yet Mio wants to go and make herself more powerful? Or give it to Shido or something like just take them back and recent the 3 of them in their backstory have to bring their village back or recreate that with the spirits?

But I mean. Some deeper more then modern day stuff. Like Why? This is just like S2 with the start of Westcott for me going 'I had deeper plans' the author tells the reader but on a scale of 'there are other worlds' (in other series to expand the universe and draw people in and it's like no you didn't stop lying you just want this nonsense of scale that wasn't there alongside it in a way the original intentions maybe of Mio moments but this crystal and the 3 of them backstory.

Like come on what a load of overcomplicating to impress. It's just silly. Drags out the story, pushes a lot of ideas to drag it out, mess with things and push a nice 20+ novels or exhausted all ideas or mixes with others besides the encores or the 'fun' side tracking like the fairy tale world which they did more in aide stories as well)

Like.... in we have the regular/spirit sure but some fantasy past and the 3 of them HAPPENED to get to the present to blend in nonsense.

The Mio stuff and the 3Ellen/Elliott of them seeing different sides is fine but the backstory to come I mean. Seriously this series is just trying so hard to have too much depth and it's a bit excessive.

It keeps getting bloated. We just needed some crystal to be mined, used for an experiment or something else and they used it for experiments to make spirits and the rest makes sense but a fantasy past. XD I get it it works it's just a bit too much.

I mean if Shido lost his confidence to date sure he already struggled before but from that and the Elliot let's her go of Ep4 to this. Even.

I wondered if he got his spirit powers from her or Tohka but the whole thing in Episode 4 sure makes sense and from a spirit of origin makes sense. It's weird the other details but sure. We don't or do have the Kotori's family details (other than just we know they don't need to show us) of how they took him in too?

It makes sense kind of to further expand then just oh and experiment because well how else do they have the crystals then just mining some per chance level story telling but this expansion is kind of silly for scale to expand on.
@Suntanned_Duck2

reine fatigue is explained later in the season (around episode 9).

and no, the depth of the story is not absurd, all your questions will be answered in the next episodes, for Mio, shido or westcott etc. everything has a moral meaning, which is also linked to religious mysticism, the names of Mio's powers, the names of the angels etc. NOTHING is done at random, you just have to think hard to find out what the author wanted to show.
May 8, 3:40 PM
May 2024
Mainnus said:
RIP the best girl…

Things are just going to get more depressing from here on out.

Plot Twist, Incoming
May 8, 3:42 PM

Mar 2014
Omg BBBBBBOOOIIIII THEY BETTER BRING KURUMI.....and Kaguya...BACK!

What a horrible way to start this episode, Im devastated, defeated...depressed. KURUMI NOO GOSH DAMMIT!

I feel its only the beginning of misery to come
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 8, 3:47 PM

Mar 2017
........SPEACHLESS Y-Y The Waifu slayer has come AND I HATE HER/THE EPISODE SENSE IN GENERAL-
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
May 8, 5:10 PM
Jan 2022
Mio is Trash because she is a murderer she made Kurumi kill 10,000 of people and her best friend and killed Kurumi and Yuzuru🤢🤢🤢🗑️🗑️🗑️☠️☠️☠️
May 8, 5:59 PM
May 2021
what a great episode! I can't wait for the other episodes
May 8, 6:18 PM
Jan 2022
Enderkiller1337 said:
Mio is Trash because she is a murderer she made Kurumi kill 10,000 of people and her best friend and killed Kurumi and Yuzuru🤢🤢🤢🗑️🗑️🗑️☠️☠️☠️

well damn kurumi I feel your pain she definitely deserves what's coming I hope it's a brutal death
May 8, 6:41 PM
Jun 2023
I had alot of mixed feelings
but in the end this is what mio strived for, she just made the spirits for this one goal that was honestly sad as frick once you watch this episode, cuz its all to bring back one guy that she lost 😵‍💫 its sad but she brought abt life and destroyed it all... WAIT THAT IS LIFE 😓 Ergo ~ tachibana's writing is amazing.
May 8, 7:16 PM

Apr 2016
Reply to Embient
So all the spirits are just tools made by Mio to gradually give Shido spirit powers so he can remember her? Damn. But now I'm wondering how he ended up as Kotori's sister. Also Kotori was Homura Haruko in the past? *goes to the wiki to read about that* *gets a ton of spoilers* Okay yeah, that was dumb af of me, don't do that.

13:04 So I was wondering if "Ein Sof Ohr" means anything and found this:
村雨 令音 (Murasame Reine). If you combine the first kanji of her name (令) plus the second kanji of her surname (雨) you get the kanji for "zero" (零), which is a part of the character Mio (澪) (see previous episode for how Shido came up with her name and the kanji). In the Kabbalah, Zero stands for the three mysterious forces located above, and said to be the origin of, the Kabbalah's Tree of Life, "En" (Nothingness), "En Sof" (The Infinite), and "Ohr En Sof" (The Infinite Light). I also found that it can be spelled as "Ain Soph Aur". Also in Japanese it's written as 万象聖堂 - "Sanctuary of All Things In Creation".

13:51 Deus is Latin for "god" or "deity"

With Kurumi and Kaguya dying just like that, I'm expecting a huge time reset or something by the end of the season/series.
And again, the title of this episode is "Mother zero", not "Mother Mio"

Really good episode! This season has been crazy so far, I love it.
We're finally getting Westcott's backstory next episode, I've been wondering what's his deal the whole series.
Embient said:

Wouldn't be "a lot of spoilers" if the season 3 director didn't cut vol 11.5 and 99% of Itsuka Disaster btw. I still wonder how the j.c staff people thought that adapt a whole volume in just 20 minutes + delete a whole sidestory would be a good idea

Just consider what you read as an extra info, cuz it will probably never be shown in the anime xd

May 8, 7:36 PM
Nov 2023
Hey Guys Kurumi Isn't really Dead Right?
Please tell me 😭 (I haven't Readed The Novel)
May 8, 8:40 PM

Nov 2019
Suntanned_Duck2 said:

That was a lot of assumptions made to criticize something you don't even know about.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
May 8, 9:07 PM

Nov 2019
benjic665 said:
@Suntanned_Duck2

reine fatigue is explained later in the season (around episode 9).

and no, the depth of the story is not absurd, all your questions will be answered in the next episodes, for Mio, shido or westcott etc. everything has a moral meaning, which is also linked to religious mysticism, the names of Mio's powers, the names of the angels etc. NOTHING is done at random, you just have to think hard to find out what the author wanted to show.

Actually they don't have to think that hard either. Unfortunately many have viewed the anime earlier seasons through a certain lens that prevents them to go to the core themes or elements of this show.

When I was an anime only, I had these questions -

"Why are they called Wizards"?

"Why English occult names like Westcott and Mathers are being used?"

"What's with the Norse mythology names like Ratatoskr, is it simply trying to be chuuni?"
May 8, 9:17 PM

Jan 2021
Ain’t no way Kurumi’s dead, Kaguya too bruh
under”Mebius” is my salvation

May 8, 10:11 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Ohmena
Embient said:

Wouldn't be "a lot of spoilers" if the season 3 director didn't cut vol 11.5 and 99% of Itsuka Disaster btw. I still wonder how the j.c staff people thought that adapt a whole volume in just 20 minutes + delete a whole sidestory would be a good idea

Just consider what you read as an extra info, cuz it will probably never be shown in the anime xd
@Ohmena
May 8, 10:23 PM

Apr 2016
Embient said:
@Ohmena

If you want to, you can go to the volume 12 (Itsuka Disaster) wiki and see the story notes to see what the season 3 finale excluded

May 8, 10:37 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to Ohmena
Embient said:
@Ohmena

If you want to, you can go to the volume 12 (Itsuka Disaster) wiki and see the story notes to see what the season 3 finale excluded
@Ohmena Yeah, I just read that too. A little bit of that was adapted at the start of season 4 iirc.
May 9, 12:41 AM

Feb 2016
This is going crazy now! And that last shoot was sick.

Still, all of this is also really weird, like, I understood the idea of Mio "giving birth" to Shido and all, but she LITERALLY gave birth to him, like, she is his real mother now, and yet she still is in love with him and stuff, maybe I'm not understanding something but that's just weird.

I gotta say tho, the scene with Shido's schoolmates was unnecessary and cringe as fuck.

Oh, and this episode reminded me off all of the Ratatoskr crew, when they all had personalities in S1, they all were so fkng fun, but suddenly they never spoke again, the blonde dude was crazy fun, his joke was being pedo af for Kotori, but out of nowhere he became so serious, I think of them when I see the phrase "wasted character potential" lol, also the ship getting that AI "Maria" was such a cringe and unnecessary mistake, her job could have been done by any member of the crew lol I know she is an actual character and all but that's all from a spin off game and novel volume so who cares.

Oh, and I didn't like how Shido literally had no reaction to seeing the real Kurumi fucking die, he was in front of her death body in the floor and didn't said shit, and all of that was before getting his memories returned, it felt unnatural for him.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

May 9, 12:56 AM

Nov 2019
StallionXD said:

Still, all of this is also really weird, like, I understood the idea of Mio "giving birth" to Shido and all, but she LITERALLY gave birth to him, like, she is his real mother now, and yet she still is in love with him and stuff, maybe I'm not understanding something but that's just weird.

I gotta say tho, the scene with Shido's schoolmates was unnecessary and cringe as fuck.

Oh, and this episode reminded me off all of the Ratatoskr crew, when they all had personalities in S1, they all were so fkng fun, but suddenly they never spoke again, the blonde dude was crazy fun, his joke was being pedo af for Kotori, but out of nowhere he became so serious, I think of them when I see the phrase "wasted character potential" lol, also the ship getting that AI "Maria" was such a cringe and unnecessary mistake, her job could have been done by any member of the crew lol I know she is an actual character and all but that's all from a spin off game and novel volume so who cares.

Oh, and I didn't like how Shido literally had no reaction to seeing the real Kurumi fucking die, he was in front of her death body in the floor and didn't said shit, and all of that was before getting his memories returned, it felt unnatural for him.

Too much usage of "cringe" is cringe ngl

1. Good question. Shido being Mio's "son" and lover (or maybe not both?) is a plot point actually.

2. Well comedy has it's timing, I guess? The crew had their fun through most seasons, regardless of cut material. The so called "pervert blond" has a serious and badass history behind him, which makes his superficial behavior irrelevant in the main storytelling. Glad someone likes those goofballs.

3. Without Maria, Fraxinus crew would be crippled. She's the one coming up with the date options in the first place. And no, she isn't just relevant because of some game. You'll soon see anyway.

4. Mio appearing directly in front of him has a bigger stimuli to Shido than Kurumi dying. If anime showed properly how Shido's childhood was like, maybe it would have been better conveyed how much her appearance means to him.
Laplace_kunMay 9, 1:00 AM
May 9, 1:10 AM
Aug 2023
Perfect If Date a Live is really at its peak in this episode, the war is now reaching its climax.
May 9, 1:25 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Laplace_kun
StallionXD said:

Too much usage of "cringe" is cringe ngl

1. Good question. Shido being Mio's "son" and lover (or maybe not both?) is a plot point actually.

2. Well comedy has it's timing, I guess? The crew had their fun through most seasons, regardless of cut material. The so called "pervert blond" has a serious and badass history behind him, which makes his superficial behavior irrelevant in the main storytelling. Glad someone likes those goofballs.

3. Without Maria, Fraxinus crew would be crippled. She's the one coming up with the date options in the first place. And no, she isn't just relevant because of some game. You'll soon see anyway.

4. Mio appearing directly in front of him has a bigger stimuli to Shido than Kurumi dying. If anime showed properly how Shido's childhood was like, maybe it would have been better conveyed how much her appearance means to him.
@Laplace_kun What do you want me to say then? Cringe stuff is cringe, that's all, being upset over someone saying "cringe" is cringe.
I don't use that word because I like it, I use it because it perfectly and easily encapsulates what I'm feeling and trying to say.

I don't care about the Maria stuff at all, her picking the choises could have been just a program recolecting data (date dialogues) from various sources corresponding to every situation, even I can program something as easy as that (I'm a licensed programmer if u care to know).

I still think Shido's reaction was weird, as I said he hasn't recovered his memories yet so he had "no idea" who that girl was, and I get that the dude was shocked to see her come from the inside of Kurumi and shit, but being more shocked than seeing one of his close friends (and probably the most important he had) die in front of his eyes? Nah, he should have gone berserk with all his spirit powers and then be calmed down by getting his memories back, that's what I expected and I think it would have been way better because idk how it was in the novel but studios can take small creative liberties like that if they want, you know, to make Kurumi's death see more impactful, especially because, apparently, we will begin to see all the girls have unceremonial deaths like we saw with Kaguya.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

May 9, 1:26 AM

Oct 2020
This and last week's episodes are just the ultimate 180 in terms of tone for the series. RIP to Kurumi and Kaguya, it's really quite violently done and I appreciate how heavy this turnaround is tonally. I suppose this shouldn't be too shocking, but cool to get confirmation that apparently real magicians were/are a thing in this world - can't wait to see this get expanded upon.
May 9, 1:35 AM

Nov 2019
StallionXD said:
@Laplace_kun What do you want me to say then? Cringe stuff is cringe, that's all, being upset over someone saying "cringe" is cringe.
I don't use that word because I like it, I use it because it perfectly and easily encapsulates what I'm feeling and trying to say.

I don't care about the Maria stuff at all, her picking the choises could have been just a program recolecting data (date dialogues) from various sources corresponding to every situation, even I can program something as easy as that (I'm a licensed programmer if u care to know).

I still think Shido's reaction was weird, as I said he hasn't recovered his memories yet so he had "no idea" who that girl was, and I get that the dude was shocked to see her come from the inside of Kurumi and shit, but being more shocked than seeing one of his close friends (and probably the most important he had) die in front of his eyes? Nah, he should have gone berserk with all his spirit powers and then be calmed down by getting his memories back, that's what I expected and I think it would have been way better because idk how it was in the novel but studios can take small creative liberties like that if they want, you know, to make Kurumi's death see more impactful, especially because, apparently, we will begin to see all the girls have unceremonial deaths like we saw with Kaguya.

Can you write a program to run Fraxinus, calibrate it's Territory or Yggdrafolium cannon? I didn't say choosing date options is the only thing an AI supposed to do. Like DEM has Bandersnatches and AST mech, Asgard Electronics has something like MARIA to rival them. She is more important than the Fraxinus crew without Kotori and Kannazuki combined.

No, the studio taking liberties is why DAL is in such a state where people say Kurumi is Shido's close and most important friend. It's nothing to do with Shido's memories. Mio has literally birthed him.

Most of your issues seem like "you-problems", so I guess it doesn't encourage much meaningful discussion.
Laplace_kunMay 9, 1:40 AM
May 9, 1:59 AM

Feb 2018
Dayum, it got intense. The final boss of spirits is really here and this feels like the start of a big climax despite only being 5 episodes in lol.

Never ending plan to watch list...

May 9, 4:41 AM
Dec 2022
this is peak of my expectation before s5
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 26

188 by Tropisch »»
Sep 14, 9:35 AM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22

68 by Fatephile »»
Aug 16, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15

135 by Fatephile »»
Aug 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 5

54 by TanedaKaori »»
Aug 10, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Date A Live V Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29

70 by TanedaKaori »»
Aug 10, 1:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.