Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 5, 7:52 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to tchitchouan
@Dragevard oh it certainly does, it's practically 90% of the anime i watch.
@tchitchouan *bonk* *bonk**bonk*
May 5, 10:37 AM

Oct 2017
The cessation of production of DVDs and Blu rays since I like to own the shows I watch
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 5, 10:59 AM

Oct 2023
The heat death of the universe.

Nothing will make me quit watching anime.
May 5, 11:16 AM

May 2021
If all action anime started to use the style used in Mob Psycho for fight sequences, or the type shown in JJK S2 thunderclap, then I would really quit watching anime. Not too many other genres interest me too much either way.
May 5, 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
I don't think anime will go away until NTHE finally arrives...
May 5, 11:21 AM

Dec 2019
When most of my senses go numb in the future
May 5, 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to notPara
When most of my senses go numb in the future
@notPara when will that happen? 10 to 15 years from now???
May 5, 11:30 AM

Dec 2019
Reply to DesuMaiden
@notPara when will that happen? 10 to 15 years from now???
@DesuMaiden yeah i can predict that maybe atleast 20 years
May 5, 12:12 PM

Sep 2007
When I no longer interested and enjoying or too busy/pretty much no time for it. Either of those or till death.
May 5, 1:09 PM

Mar 2021
Dragevard said:
What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Likely blindness.

I have inherited commonly hereditary diseases that my father has suffered from that has caused him to go blind. Macular degeneration, Glaucoma, Night blindness, and Retinitis pigmentosa. Some of them I can prevent from becoming too severe but I am already suffering from progressive Glaucoma and Macular degeneration. I will likely go legally blind within the next few decades if I end up having the same complications my father had.
May 5, 1:36 PM

Jul 2016
Already have quit anime. ๐Ÿ˜Ž Maybe, probably not.
May 5, 1:39 PM

Dec 2019
Being an architect is something that would make me quit anime. So, I want to be either a draftsperson, an ELA teacher or a Spanish teacher.
May 5, 1:40 PM

Jul 2013
I am watching anime right now btw...on my laptop...
May 5, 1:46 PM

Oct 2013
No changes yet...Responses to at least a few posts...I'm skeptical. I said I would commit to my dumb bit so long as these posts kept getting edited, so just in case, a serious and a dumbass response will be given.

I've said a few times that the only sure fire way to get me to stop aside from unforeseen circumstances is if there's literally nothing else that catches my attention. If there was somehow a long stretch of anime releases that had nothing that looked even remotely interesting to me, that'd been when I "retire" from the medium. At least for a while.

Now for my dumb self-imposed rule. An excerpt from one of the greatest pieces of poetry ever made; Smack That featuring Eminem. And I quote "Smack that, all on the floor. Smack that, give me some more. Smack that, 'till you get sore. Smack that oh-oooh"
May 5, 5:39 PM

May 2018
I've "quit" watching anime for years at a time before, and honestly it happens easily because I get bored rather quickly. But I've always come back to anime, and because I take a long break there's usually a lot of quality anime series to catch up on.

I'm gonna start a nursing program soon though, and that's probably going to take up all my time. I prioritize my school/career over watching shows.
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
May 5, 8:41 PM
May 2012
Maybe I wouldn't by default, who knows. I watch anime when I don't have a social life or better things to do at home like working or gaming.
May 6, 3:36 AM

Jan 2021
finding some other hobby, which will probably happen sooner or later
May 6, 4:07 AM
Apr 2024
I just started watching anime 2 yrs ago.
So, not any soon.
May 6, 4:39 AM
Apr 2017
Reply to Elitar
When woke people take over anime industry. So basically what happened to Hollywood.
Elitar said:
When woke people take over anime industry. So basically what happened to Hollywood.

This is what I'm worried about too, that American companies will try to impose Politically Correct censorship on Anime or pressurize the studios to change the Japanese tropes in order to cater to the "Modern Audience" which is just the Western left
May 6, 4:42 AM
Apr 2017
Reply to Otakupervert890
@SwitchMaxFX it wasn't a take over Sony brought both companies in a matter of years and then merged them both under a new name crunchyroll LLC.
@Otakupervert890 I don't trust Sony either what with them having headquarters in California
May 6, 4:54 AM
Oct 2019
Maybe 30-40 years straight without a single scene of fanservice whatsoever. I am really patient so I can even give them 50 years.
May 6, 5:30 AM

Feb 2017
When I join join a death game and battle to become God, or until I get isekaied
May 6, 5:35 AM

Sep 2015
I've quit for a while until I came back for duneon meshi and frieren. Personally, my adult life and taste in series changed how much I watched shows. I either had no time in between my work or I did not like anything airing that season. (I really dislike shows like oshi no ko and a lot of other garbage so none of it got my interest for a long while)
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz
May 6, 6:46 AM

Aug 2010
maybe one day i'll lose patience for having to slowly learn a whole new world and new characters and new mechanics.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
May 6, 10:34 AM

Dec 2018
If things out of my control happens like no more internet, all the piracy sites go down, busy life schedule, etc.
Also if the anime industry only produces stuff similar to Family Guy, Simpsons. Etc and nothing else.

May 6, 10:52 AM

Mar 2022
Modern anime. Japan doing Spy x Family, US Castlevania. Fucking paradox.
May 6, 11:07 AM
Feb 2022
The only thing that will make me quit anime is when i can no longer pay the internet.
May 6, 2:51 PM

Feb 2020
All it would take is me getting bored. It's happened a few times before, but something always ends up catching my interest after a while and pulling me back.

the End of the dragon sphere
Speak not the Watchers‚ Draw not the Watchers‚ Speak of me. Paint my likeness.
Write not the Watchers‚ Sculpt not the Watchers‚ Write about me. Carve me into stone.
Sing not the Watchers‚ Call not the Watchers' name. Sing of me. Call for me.
Please. Please realize...that I am here.
Hello, friend.
May 6, 2:55 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Daviljoe193
Title 1: What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Contents 1: Whether you're a casual fan or a die-hard otaku, we all have that one anime (or several) that keeps us hooked. But have you ever thought about what it would take for you to give it up entirely? Is there a scenario or condition that could make you say sayonara to your favorite shows and characters?

Will this be another schizophrenia thread that gets edited to like 3 different questions, like his last thread?
@Daviljoe193

Yes.

Yes it will be.
Cause it's Dragevard.
May 6, 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Merve2Love
@Daviljoe193

Yes.

Yes it will be.
Cause it's Dragevard.
@Merve2Love I dunno...I was thinking that as well, but if it was going to happen, there would have been at least two changes by now.
May 6, 3:28 PM

May 2021
These days I don't watch anime as much as when I was younger as a result of growing older and turning an adult, I don't even keep up with all the seasonal anime again but I watch a select few every now and then.

“๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ด “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ”. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ” ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ.” – ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ
สแด€sแดœสœแด€ - า“สŸสแด…แด€ส แด„สœษชษดแด€แด›แดแดกษด

May 6, 3:29 PM
Apr 2022
I’ll probably never quit entirely as long as there are good anime to watch.
May 6, 6:21 PM

Mar 2021
I would probably stop watching new anime if there was a significant drop in quality, but I would still keep watching my favorites, so to be honest, never.
May 6, 6:54 PM

Dec 2022
If I stop enjoying it I will stop watching. Or if it becomes too hard to access anime for free.

May 6, 10:32 PM
Calliope Mori

Dec 2019
when they stop having/making/showing cute pink haired cute girls

i love my pink hair waifus

May 7, 12:28 AM

Jul 2023
I'd probably stop if I ever became a full blown riajuu
May 7, 1:04 AM
Mar 2017
Not sure. I've been through the genres/tropes long enough to hate, tolerate or enjoy them I don't know. Depends on the exceution of the gags/tropes/storytelling to bother me or not at the time of watching/reading/not caring.

Unlike gaming where I'm at a point of mechanic seeking as it's getting more boring/formuliac yes even in the Indie space with fan game/clone/nostalgia deep inspiration so clear and boring from so far away it's hilarious but it's their favourite trend so it gets a pass over AAA the idiot audience/creators. Besides those that give some passes and my gameplay mindset is a bit too far from most people's world, story, graphics, voice acting, etc. reasoning for a game to suck/fail. I see flops I just don't care and still play them for my own reasons.

I jumped on anime in 2014+ and have gone to some 2000s, some 90s, some OVAs, some Hentai and gone eh I haven't hit the ending yet. Gaming I haven't either but my collecting/strictness has happened for creativity reasons while anime to me while it has it's issues for sure I have almost treated like my EDM music experiencing.

Granted music wise I experience more genres all the time like I do games. Anime/manga I don't really I do more dynamics/gimmicks off premises, artwork or weird searching tactics then I do genres (usually the same too) these days and stick to a handful of genres more so, so that differs.

I haven't gotten bored with it yet. I'll keep finding gimmicks that even if dumb I'll see engage with. Or some smartly written or some classics when I think I'm in the right mood for them. Or just keep broadening to OVAs more.

Or stay with only manga like I mostly am. I have jumped on my physical remaining anime and certain old/seasonal on occasion but it's mostly Manga or Hentai (not doujins).
Suntanned_Duck2May 7, 1:09 AM
May 7, 1:50 AM

Oct 2021
2 things need to happen to make me quit with anime entirely:

1.) No new interesting anime are going to be released (I highly doubt that tbh and even so, many anime I like are still airing)

2.) Even if the first point will ever happen, I can still rewatch my favorite shows. If they aren't available anymore at some point and the first thing has happened as well, then I'm going to quit with anime.
May 7, 12:18 PM

Nov 2019

ANIMES DEAD!
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
May 7, 12:22 PM

May 2024
10 Dollar and a free big mac. And if you add a Filet-O-Fish, I also stop watching movies.
May 7, 3:20 PM

Apr 2018
Having a thing called "mi primera chamba".

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
May 7, 3:50 PM

Nov 2019
Im done.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - Today

25 by vasipi4946 »»
4 minutes ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - Jun 10

26 by Ryuseishun »»
13 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - Yesterday

48 by Tropisch »»
14 minutes ago

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 3 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

116 by Ahegyao »»
19 minutes ago

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - 3 hours ago

3 by PeripheralVision »»
27 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.