Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 4, 5:05 AM

Aug 2020
It’s just you, the series didn’t fell off. You fell off
May 4, 5:56 AM
Jul 2020
I'm having a blast with the new season. I've no idea what show you watched before if you feel this season is any different from the last one.
May 4, 7:47 PM

Mar 2013
Maybe it is just you growing out of it. Season 1 aired almost 8 years ago, and I was just fresh out of high school. Since then, I went to college, graduated, and pursuing a graduate degree. To me the series has not fell off so much in quality so much that I think this many of us fans have outgrown this type of comedy.

Heck, I am watching far less anime then I did in my late teenage years. To me, this show made me sort of sad in the same way you log onto a video game you have not logged into for nearly a decade. The show is largely as I remember it, but we changed. That, and this type of comedy series does hit roadblocks when it comes to having more and more seasons and characters become more beholden to their schticks, which admittingly is limited for certain characters, honestly. The writing isn't so much worst so much that it is more difficult to really expand upon this series.
May 4, 8:54 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to PeripheralVision
Maybe it is just you growing out of it. Season 1 aired almost 8 years ago, and I was just fresh out of high school. Since then, I went to college, graduated, and pursuing a graduate degree. To me the series has not fell off so much in quality so much that I think this many of us fans have outgrown this type of comedy.

Heck, I am watching far less anime then I did in my late teenage years. To me, this show made me sort of sad in the same way you log onto a video game you have not logged into for nearly a decade. The show is largely as I remember it, but we changed. That, and this type of comedy series does hit roadblocks when it comes to having more and more seasons and characters become more beholden to their schticks, which admittingly is limited for certain characters, honestly. The writing isn't so much worst so much that it is more difficult to really expand upon this series.
@PeripheralVision Yeah, this about how I feel too. I guess the same singular jokes that are the characters only defining traits just isn't funny to me anymore.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 4, 10:55 PM
Feb 2020
It's just you, S3 is better than S1 and S2 since it adapts content that are much better than the previous seasons.

Not to say S3 has not even adapted the best stuff yet. Episode 6 has everything to be by far the best Konosuba episode ever.
May 4, 10:57 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to Tropisch
@PeripheralVision Yeah, this about how I feel too. I guess the same singular jokes that are the characters only defining traits just isn't funny to me anymore.
Tropisch said:
Yeah, this about how I feel too. I guess the same singular jokes that are the characters only defining traits just isn't funny to me anymore.

"Characters only defining traits" lol, if you can't even grasp the fact the characters have countless defining traits and are full of personality, then how do you expect to appreciate anything?

You can only blame yourself for a lack of media literacy.
May 5, 1:04 PM
Jan 2022
Kitsune_089 said:
How far has this series fallen off...
The megumin spinoff aswell, its just not funny anymore

I liked the Megumin spin off and I’m liking season 3 more that Season 2
May 5, 8:54 PM

Apr 2018
Definitely felll off in comedy
May 6, 3:58 AM
Dec 2022
Maybe, I guess you could just go watch something else then 👍
May 7, 4:07 PM

Mar 2014
definitely less funny that the previous seasons, I find it hard to watch this season without cringing
May 7, 6:49 PM
Oct 2020
This season definitely has not been the same for me. I absolutely loved S1, enjoyed S2, and had fun with the movie. I did not like the Megumin spin-off, but I chalked it up to her not being my favorite character. This season, however, has been extremely unfunny, imo. As of episode 4, I haven't laughed once; not even a chuckle. I cannot stand how annoying Kazuma is - I didn't have any issue with him before - and the other characters haven't done much so far, so the focus has been solely on him. I'm not gonna drop it because I'm incapable of doing so, but it's the show this season I look forward to the least.
May 8, 4:44 AM
May 2024
Reply to RocketRaccoon83
This season definitely has not been the same for me. I absolutely loved S1, enjoyed S2, and had fun with the movie. I did not like the Megumin spin-off, but I chalked it up to her not being my favorite character. This season, however, has been extremely unfunny, imo. As of episode 4, I haven't laughed once; not even a chuckle. I cannot stand how annoying Kazuma is - I didn't have any issue with him before - and the other characters haven't done much so far, so the focus has been solely on him. I'm not gonna drop it because I'm incapable of doing so, but it's the show this season I look forward to the least.
@RocketRaccoon83 show has gotten stale. Not surprised people on social media are giving up on it. No way can they sustain this type of anime for 5 more seasons to full adaptation without people quitting
May 8, 4:45 AM
May 2024
Reply to NeigeNoire
definitely less funny that the previous seasons, I find it hard to watch this season without cringing
@NeigeNoire novelty has wear off. Should be dead obvious by how writing works.
May 9, 8:37 AM
Dec 2023
Season 1 , damn cool
Season 2 , damn cool
Season 3 , overreacting every humour, just meh
May 10, 6:10 PM
Feb 2021
Season 1: Pithy dialogue, great characterizations, animation meshed well with comedy. Voice acting sublime.

Season 2: Not quite as good as Season 1, but still as solid effort.

Season 3: YELLING IS FUNNY! HA HA HA! HA HA HA! HA HA HA!
May 10, 7:54 PM
Dec 2020
Well, I guess it's indeed a little different from the 2 seasons earlier (in terms of the comedy). But remember that the latest season aired almost 7 years ago (quite a long time), And the studio isn't the same. So, for me, This season is still funny. We already got the 3rd season, And I think that's enough (rather than no season 3).
May 11, 3:04 AM
Oct 2021
I only got into the show last year, so S1, S2 and movie are still fresh in my mind and without nostalgia goggles.

S3 is definitely different. A lot more yelling and deadpan expressions, bordering on overuse. But I’m still enjoying it nonetheless, just as much as the previous seasons.

The problem with comparing with something you watched a long time ago is that there’s a lot of nostalgia attached to it. Some of my favorite shows are stuff I watched as a teenager. Even if I can see that they’re not objectively good, I still have that sense of comfort and enjoyment when I rewatch them due to nostalgia.
Jun 5, 9:27 AM
Mar 2024
I am going to be frank. Enthusiasm for konosuba seems dead now. I barely hear people talking about it on Twitter and Facebook. Reddit is obv botted. All the memes are from season 1 and 2. I don't think kadokawa wants to continue to the franchise.
Jun 5, 9:32 AM
Mar 2024
Most of the comments are the same ones repeating "funniest thing I have seen". But now with negative reviews coming, collapsing poll results, and zoomers saying it isn't funny anymore "idk how they can continue. Don't trust trendz, those charts are manipulated.
Jun 5, 9:33 AM
Jul 2019
The entire season has been spectacularly unfunny. Have not laughed once in 8 episodes. Not once.

But, just watched Episode 9, and that has to be one of the best-written, most well-acted, most hilarious episodes of ANY season. Could not stop laughing.
Jun 5, 9:34 AM

Jan 2014
@Kitsune_089 it's just you buddy. This season is by far the best one yet by far
Jun 5, 9:57 AM
Nov 2023
Not just you.
The comedy is different and the entire atmosphere of the show has turned into "hehe me do funny pls laugh", it feels pathetic.
What used to be chaotic fun between the casts is now stepping dangerously close into getting annoying instead of the absurd nonsense.
dragozerooneJun 5, 10:25 AM
Jun 5, 11:44 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to DoctorWasabi
@Kitsune_089 it's just you buddy. This season is by far the best one yet by far
@DoctorWasabi it did get slightly better but still not on the level of s1/s2
Jun 5, 12:30 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to dragozeroone
Not just you.
The comedy is different and the entire atmosphere of the show has turned into "hehe me do funny pls laugh", it feels pathetic.
What used to be chaotic fun between the casts is now stepping dangerously close into getting annoying instead of the absurd nonsense.
@dragozeroone all the konosuba "fans" just seem like the average seasonal watcher. It looks like they moved onto other shows. Whenever the poll results show up, I barely see konosuba fans say anything on Twitter or Facebook. So I do not imagine much franchise sales rn. Also the animation felt like it got worse.
Jun 5, 3:09 PM

Jul 2017
dragozeroone said:
Not just you.

nevermind ep 9 was absolutely dogshit
Jun 5, 6:00 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Kitsune_089
dragozeroone said:
Not just you.

nevermind ep 9 was absolutely dogshit
@Kitsune_089 best episode was ep 6. It will be a fluke if konosuba s3 ep 9 wins aotw on corner. Ep 9 was slugging and boring for the most part. Any1 saying funniest thing ever is clearly larping
SpiderMiles3523Jun 5, 6:11 PM
Jun 5, 6:47 PM

Mar 2015
Not THIS season! Nor did the Megumin spinoff. S2 DID suck. But S1, Megumin's spinoff, and this season...is absolutely incredible!
𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓷 𝓞𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓾 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓼. 𝓦𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮 𝓱𝓪𝓼 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓽.

"ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝔻𝕒𝕪!" - 𝕂𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕟 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕙𝕝𝕖; 𝕃𝔸 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕥
Jun 5, 8:19 PM
Aug 2019
I think the humour is still good what I don't like is that the interactions between characters have become like those of a generic isekai harem, the show was supposedly a parody of generic isekai but now is slowly becoming one
Yesterday, 4:48 AM
May 2022
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@dragozeroone all the konosuba "fans" just seem like the average seasonal watcher. It looks like they moved onto other shows. Whenever the poll results show up, I barely see konosuba fans say anything on Twitter or Facebook. So I do not imagine much franchise sales rn. Also the animation felt like it got worse.
@SpiderMiles3523 buddy you gave DAL a 10/10 your opinion literally does not matter.

No one uses facebook anymore and Konosuba is performing much better than every other show of the season on JP TV rankings
Yesterday, 5:25 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to DragonZone
@SpiderMiles3523 buddy you gave DAL a 10/10 your opinion literally does not matter.

No one uses facebook anymore and Konosuba is performing much better than every other show of the season on JP TV rankings
@DragonZone then why is konosuba season 3 losing percentages to other shows like wind breaker and go go ranger? A lot of the naysayers on the thread r not watching dal v. You are aware that a lot of people dissatisfied aren't even watching dal v. So even if dal v wasn't airing, you would be having beef with wind breaker or go go ranger. I have yet to hear anyone dissatisfied with dal v but look at the comments you can see lower satisfaction with suba 3

By your metric konosuba 3 is better than game of thrones because who is watching game of thrones.

Facebook and Twitter have way more interaction than mal or reddit.
Also on facebook and Twitter no one thinks suba 3 is better than dal v. Most people on Facebook and Twitter thunk dal v is aots. Dal v had 10 years of build up. Poll results on corner show dal with double digit percentages. Anitrendz is bs because they completely omitted wind breaker but allowed tensura 3 to be up there.
SpiderMiles3523Yesterday, 5:43 AM
Yesterday, 6:06 AM
Sep 2020
Yeah, just you. For me it's opposite, it's going to the moon.
Yesterday, 6:23 AM
Nov 2023
I think season 3 is hilarious😔😔
Yesterday, 7:48 AM
Jun 2020
I agree with you whole heartedly.

The Megumin spinoff was really sad to me, it was meant to be about her, but most of the jokes were surrounded about some random character who didn't matter to the story at all.

The first season was fun, but in the second and third seasons, the jokes got reused and overplayed. In my opinion the plot just goes nowhere in the third season, it feels like it was all made for fan service rather than an actual interesting story. I get that this anime is meant to be a parody for generic isekai, but at this point it's just for sexualising a lot of the characters.

It's been really sad watching the decline of this anime, the plot in season one made sense and was kind of interesting, but now it's just Darkness and her kink and Kazuma liking an actual 12 year old girl.
Yesterday, 3:18 PM
Mar 2024
Reply to Probably_Panda
I agree with you whole heartedly.

The Megumin spinoff was really sad to me, it was meant to be about her, but most of the jokes were surrounded about some random character who didn't matter to the story at all.

The first season was fun, but in the second and third seasons, the jokes got reused and overplayed. In my opinion the plot just goes nowhere in the third season, it feels like it was all made for fan service rather than an actual interesting story. I get that this anime is meant to be a parody for generic isekai, but at this point it's just for sexualising a lot of the characters.

It's been really sad watching the decline of this anime, the plot in season one made sense and was kind of interesting, but now it's just Darkness and her kink and Kazuma liking an actual 12 year old girl.
@Probably_Panda only stupid people on r/anime coping this is the best. People are just spamming "funniest thing I have seen" every week. Then again reddit bans free speech. There is no plot anymore and you can only repeat the goofiness so much before people get sick of it. It is tragic mal doesn't adjust stats based on polls, facebook, twitter
Yesterday, 3:25 PM

Jul 2010
I still find S3 hilarious, especially Kazuma and his VA. I didn't bother with spin-off, btw.
Yesterday, 7:42 PM
Jun 2020
SpiderMiles3523 said:
@Probably_Panda only stupid people on r/anime coping this is the best. People are just spamming "funniest thing I have seen" every week. Then again reddit bans free speech. There is no plot anymore and you can only repeat the goofiness so much before people get sick of it. It is tragic mal doesn't adjust stats based on polls, facebook, twitter

Yeah I agree that MALs system is a bit strange when it comes to rating. But yeah thanks!
Yesterday, 8:40 PM
May 2012
Jokes about sex went from 10% of the screen time to 90%.
It feels like it is now an harem hentai, but fans love it so yeah "it's them".
Yesterday, 11:59 PM
Dec 2019
Season 3 has been better than Season 2 thus far (and I already liked that season a lot), aside of the comedy still been top tier imo, some of the more serious moments give this a little more of a deep tone.
I've seen a lot of complaints about the characters (especially Kazuma) and I disagree, I feel like this season still give a full picture of who these guys are: Complete flawed idiots who really cared about each other.
The whole Iris arc served to prove that Kazuma it's a nice presence whenever he is and the arc we are seeing rn it's giving Darkness a whole new angle which I appreciate; and also the castle robbery episode has been one of the best episodes of this franchise so far.

My point is that this season it's giving more elements to still stand than just "regular comedy" or "more of the same" that I wish people will give credit to.
Today, 2:29 AM
Mar 2024
Reply to Probably_Panda
SpiderMiles3523 said:

Yeah I agree that MALs system is a bit strange when it comes to rating. But yeah thanks!
@Probably_Panda I don't even see new users on mal anymore. Konosuba s3 has only like 1 or 2 good episodes which is probably episode 6. Everything else is average at best. Same with mushoku tensek.

Despite the views, I have yet to see 1 hardcore fan On the internet. All seem casual seasonals. Don't say konosuba s3 sucks on r/anime or they permaban you
SpiderMiles3523Today, 2:47 AM
9 hours ago

Apr 2019
I haven't watched the Megumin spin-off because I don't like her that much, but each new season of Konosuba is funnier and better for me.

6 hours ago
May 2022
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@DragonZone then why is konosuba season 3 losing percentages to other shows like wind breaker and go go ranger? A lot of the naysayers on the thread r not watching dal v. You are aware that a lot of people dissatisfied aren't even watching dal v. So even if dal v wasn't airing, you would be having beef with wind breaker or go go ranger. I have yet to hear anyone dissatisfied with dal v but look at the comments you can see lower satisfaction with suba 3

By your metric konosuba 3 is better than game of thrones because who is watching game of thrones.

Also on facebook and Twitter no one thinks suba 3 is better than dal v. Most people on Facebook and Twitter thunk dal v is aots. Dal v had 10 years of build up. Poll results on corner show dal with double digit percentages. Anitrendz is bs because they completely omitted wind breaker but allowed tensura 3 to be up there.
@SpiderMiles3523 Omg STFU ABOUT FACEBOOK NO REAL HUMAN USES THAT ANYMORE!
Twitter has never had DAL on trending, like ever. TheAnimeMan (Joey) absolutely shat on your dumbass fanbase for caring so much about stupid polls that you never even win btw.

You keep wanking windbreaker beating Konosuba when it's only doing so on ONE SINGULAR poll and has been losing to Konosuba on literally everything else.

Konosuba has been the top of the DVD/BD charts on Amazon JP something your precious DAL has never seen and has been at the top of the D anime rankings and other tv rankings, something DAL also hasn't seen.

10 years of build up for a diarrhea storm isn't going to shit out gold bricks, it's just going to shit out idiots like you
5 hours ago
Jun 2022
Reply to SpiderMiles3523

@SpiderMiles3523 @SpiderMiles3523 I don't see why you give so much value to polls when they should have absolute zero taking into consideration how DAL's community has a constant record of botting to see their fictional show has a higher number, Pretty useless information to compare it to DAL. Wind breaker has topped Konosuba only once so it's not as if without the botting fans KS wouldn't be number demolishing the competition. It's pretty hard to complain when your show's only good character has more screen time, isn't it? Not much wonder as to why Dal V has supposed "zero" complaints if I were to take your claims at face value. Outside of some people like you whose job is to spread bullshit about other shows with honestly atrocious reasons as to why the supposed quality drop has happened. Isn't it weird that I've constantly seen Konosuba art get thousands of likes per post on Twitter? or posts wondering if the director has changed or something due to them thinking the show's comedy has improved? Even the website we currently reside in has KS higher than prior reasons if we were to go with that. GOT is irrelevant so whatever. Facebook man.. when's the last time you saw people use that?
SpiderMiles3523 said:
Also on Facebook and Twitter no one thinks suba 3 is better than DAL v
I would love to bet that this sample size of users is limited to tweets where DAL is number 1 on the rankings and the first few replies as to celebrate their paramount achievement in their lifetime. I don't believe just using the opinion of your fandom is quite valid not to mention a shit show's build one will only yield shit. As of merely a few hours back, your lovely sweet summer child was dethroned by Konosuba and now sits on Number 2 such a tragedy isn't it? a rat like you who makes alts on Reddit just to get banned. Remarkable intelligence as I can see.
5 hours ago
May 2022
Reply to SpiderMiles3523

@SpiderMiles3523 Why silent now that Konosuba has beaten DAL at that poll you were shilling? I maintain the notion that polls don't matter but you seem really silent now?

4 hours ago
Mar 2024
Reply to Maywre
@SpiderMiles3523 @SpiderMiles3523 I don't see why you give so much value to polls when they should have absolute zero taking into consideration how DAL's community has a constant record of botting to see their fictional show has a higher number, Pretty useless information to compare it to DAL. Wind breaker has topped Konosuba only once so it's not as if without the botting fans KS wouldn't be number demolishing the competition. It's pretty hard to complain when your show's only good character has more screen time, isn't it? Not much wonder as to why Dal V has supposed "zero" complaints if I were to take your claims at face value. Outside of some people like you whose job is to spread bullshit about other shows with honestly atrocious reasons as to why the supposed quality drop has happened. Isn't it weird that I've constantly seen Konosuba art get thousands of likes per post on Twitter? or posts wondering if the director has changed or something due to them thinking the show's comedy has improved? Even the website we currently reside in has KS higher than prior reasons if we were to go with that. GOT is irrelevant so whatever. Facebook man.. when's the last time you saw people use that?
SpiderMiles3523 said:
Also on Facebook and Twitter no one thinks suba 3 is better than DAL v
I would love to bet that this sample size of users is limited to tweets where DAL is number 1 on the rankings and the first few replies as to celebrate their paramount achievement in their lifetime. I don't believe just using the opinion of your fandom is quite valid not to mention a shit show's build one will only yield shit. As of merely a few hours back, your lovely sweet summer child was dethroned by Konosuba and now sits on Number 2 such a tragedy isn't it? a rat like you who makes alts on Reddit just to get banned. Remarkable intelligence as I can see.
@Maywre reddit banned most of the shonen fans because they were complaining about the yuri stuff getting botted. Most mal users got banned on r/anime because the mods hated free speech. Konosuba has yet to get double digits on corner while dal has twice. Also one's a stupid gag anime and one's a high fantasy with 10 years of build up.

Explain what op says. R/anime as levitate as r/worldnews and r/politics. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2027567
4 hours ago
Mar 2024
Reply to DragonZone
@SpiderMiles3523 Why silent now that Konosuba has beaten DAL at that poll you were shilling? I maintain the notion that polls don't matter but you seem really silent now?

@DragonZone https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2010612

https://x.com/reddit_lies?t=6aBCFBHOy89oykNFMJbzVA&s=09

Who tf sources of reddit. The botting is out of control as is the censorship and banning.

Yeah sure konosuba had like a 1% lead this week when not much happened in dal ep 9. Yet last week dal had an 8% lead. Plus konosuba just has 11 eps.
4 hours ago
May 2022
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@DragonZone https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2010612

https://x.com/reddit_lies?t=6aBCFBHOy89oykNFMJbzVA&s=09

Who tf sources of reddit. The botting is out of control as is the censorship and banning.

Yeah sure konosuba had like a 1% lead this week when not much happened in dal ep 9. Yet last week dal had an 8% lead. Plus konosuba just has 11 eps.
@SpiderMiles3523 DAL fans complaining about botting will never not be funny.
3 hours ago
Jun 2022
Reply to SpiderMiles3523
@Maywre reddit banned most of the shonen fans because they were complaining about the yuri stuff getting botted. Most mal users got banned on r/anime because the mods hated free speech. Konosuba has yet to get double digits on corner while dal has twice. Also one's a stupid gag anime and one's a high fantasy with 10 years of build up.

Explain what op says. R/anime as levitate as r/worldnews and r/politics. https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2027567
@SpiderMiles3523 Alright 2 lines of irrelevant content later.. right that "stupid gag" anime has more depth than the 10 years of your supposed high fantasy could even imagine and it's great to see a bot like you who spams the same agenda on other websites to cry :D
3 hours ago
May 2022
Reply to SpiderMiles3523

@SpiderMiles3523 Bro really called DAL a "high fantasy" bro the cope is wild on this one. The "gag funny anime" has more lore and consistency in a single episode than your entire series combined mf. I'm not even going to mention the LN comparison lil bro. If your show wins then the website is peak but if it loses it doesn’t count? What weed you smoking brother?
Also, Okay, put aside the horny, and let’s actually talk about what’s wrong with the show (spoilers if you aren’t aware):

The plot has a ton of holes in it. It all falls apart when you try to piece together how Shido deals with the spirits when history is rewritten on behalf of saving Origami. She’s an integral part of sealing Tohka, Yoshino, Kotori, and Miku. Her not being there would have made these sealings much more difficult if not impossible. Moreover, she wouldn’t have received Metatron in the new timeline, or inverted, since it would have required her to have been beaten by Tohka in the 1v1 and beg Mio for it. The two never meet, which is why Tohka refers to her as “the mysterious transfer student”. Again, if she was AST, then her and Tohka inevitably should have met. (Side note, why does moe Origami pick their school specifically, and Shido’s class? She only picked Shido’s school and class in the first timeline because she’d been stalking him for a while and wanted to get closer. The twins were put in the other class, Miku remains at a different school, and Kurumi had a direct reason to pick that school and class when Mio told her to find Shido).

Additionally, Tohka comforts Shido by referring to all the times he’s been there for the spirits, when Shido doubts himself for dragging everyone into the war. All those instances are from the timeline before Shido rewrote history with Kurumi. Tohka wouldn’t be privy to that information, because only Shido, Origami, and Kurumi have a recollection of those events.

Another minor thing is the whole dating sim setup is abandoned when they leave out the happiness meter and multiple choices, which is integral to the premise of the story (except this only occurs in the first timeline). Leaving it out detracts from the overall plot point, confusing the delivery. It stops getting used around the arc of the Twins and Miku. They never explain how Origami broke the sim because she got too happy being with Shido. Or that she caught on that Shido is being puppeteered by Kotori’s crew (also who thought making a middle schooler the commander of a warship was a good idea?) and concealed a signal jammer during their dates so they could be alone. The only two that caught on were her and Kurumi, which makes the story very hard to believe because you’d certainly notice if your bf/gf is whispering like a fed into an earpiece. Overall, the series does her character a disservice since she’s way cooler in the LN.

Moreover, Kurumi kidnaps Shido to send him 5 years back, and she shares her conscious with him when they try to figure out why Origami came back and had a mental breakdown. Couldn’t she have just shared Origami’s conscious when she sent her back 5 years to tell her that trying to change the past is a bad idea? For someone who’s trying to go back in time for her own reasons, and wants to hold all the cards, wouldn’t she be the least bit curious to see if it worked and what could be accomplished?

Lastly, Mio’s a god. She can rewrite reality to be whatever she wants. Yet she doesn’t do shit when Shin gets shot by Isaac. She’s shown she can rapidly heal injuries when Tohka slices her vitals before Mio deletes her for a second time (the whole scene was a cliche moment btw, adding literally nothing to the story aside). A gunshot injury would be nothing for her to patch up, meaning the whole story could have been avoided altogether if Mio just thought a little faster.

To that end, group amnesia is not consistent. Both Shido and Mana have 0 recollection of their own childhood (not just Shin’s memories, his own too), or memories even 5 years back. Why? Which is oddly convenient enough for Shido to forget Mana was his sister (and Mana to remember her brother), that Kotori’s the flame spirit, and he made a promise to forever stay by Origami’s side (assuming the timeline memories converge the same way both Origami’s moe and yandere personalities do, and Kurumi’s whole timeline knowledge does. Yod bet is a poorly written load of bs used to hand wave the plot together).

Spirits also theoretically lose their memories upon becoming a spirit. Yet Miku, Kotori, Natsumi, Mukuro, Kurumi, Nia, and Origami all remember who they were before. It’s like the rules only apply when they’re convenient.

Moreover, they never explain why Sandalphon’s crystal manifested its own conscious and became Tohka, as opposed to any of the other crystals. What makes sandalphon in particular special? We’ve seen that the crystal for Metatron and Zaphkiel are more powerful, which is why Mio makes Kurumi re-enact the chest burster scene from the Alien movies. Additionally, the provided rationale for why nobody ages is very poor at best (I.e. “magic”). Nia should be 40, Kurumi’s theoretically in her 30s, Mana should be in or approaching her 30s (the same age as Kotori’s mother), the villains Isaac and Ellen should be 50-60. Yet from Shin’s lifetime, we see that Isaac and Ellen look the exact same age, and Mana didn’t age a day.

Powerscaling is inconsistent. Tohka has to contemplate calling Tenka to fight off Origami after she wins a 1v3 against the twins and Miku. This is because supposedly they’ve been “evenly matched” (according to LN) throughout the several times they’ve fought, but then Tohka just bodies her, causing her to reach out to Mio and absorb Metatron for a rematch. Kurumi’s theoretically the strongest (they call her the “worst” several times over and reference her kill count exceeding 10K), yet if it wasn’t for Shido in S1, Kotori would have murdered her with ease using her flame cannon. Prior to, she didn’t break a sweat bodying Tohka, Origami, and Mana in the 1v3. But she shows a face of terror when Kotori blasts a hole through Zaphkiel. She notes later she would have died if Shido didn’t tank the second blast for her, which is what causes her fall in love and kiss Shido before slipping away. Point being, Kurumi should have been sealed entirely like every other spirit from that one kiss. It’s like the rules don’t apply, again.

TL; DR. The show’s got it's problems, you’d be ignorant to say it doesn’t have its fair share of issues.
2 hours ago
Mar 2024
Reply to Maywre
@SpiderMiles3523 Alright 2 lines of irrelevant content later.. right that "stupid gag" anime has more depth than the 10 years of your supposed high fantasy could even imagine and it's great to see a bot like you who spams the same agenda on other websites to cry :D
@Maywre reddit is a literal commie platform. Anyone getting their opinion there definitely hates freedom of speech. FYI all the chainsaw man, solo leveling, mha, shonen hate.
2 hours ago
Mar 2024
Reply to DragonZone
@SpiderMiles3523 Omg STFU ABOUT FACEBOOK NO REAL HUMAN USES THAT ANYMORE!
Twitter has never had DAL on trending, like ever. TheAnimeMan (Joey) absolutely shat on your dumbass fanbase for caring so much about stupid polls that you never even win btw.

You keep wanking windbreaker beating Konosuba when it's only doing so on ONE SINGULAR poll and has been losing to Konosuba on literally everything else.

Konosuba has been the top of the DVD/BD charts on Amazon JP something your precious DAL has never seen and has been at the top of the D anime rankings and other tv rankings, something DAL also hasn't seen.

10 years of build up for a diarrhea storm isn't going to shit out gold bricks, it's just going to shit out idiots like you
@DragonZone konosuba never tracked #1 on ami ami English. Only reason ur attacking dal is literally cuz it is beating suba at polls. You would have done the same to any shonen coming out.

Suba has always been a stupid gag anime. Even their fans admit it was.

Again you cite reddit which is straight up the most anti free speech and authoritarian commie platform there is. This is why a lot of the fans are fed up with suba. Since suba fans hate other people enjoying stuff.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 5

104 by Pre_Yum »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

InfinityDude88 - May 29

87 by Pre_Yum »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 15

187 by Mwendell »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM

» Dub?

TheHoodSenpai - Apr 22

15 by KiliianSleipnir »»
Yesterday, 12:47 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22

137 by KingBaller06 »»
Jun 5, 6:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.