Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 2, 1:19 PM

Apr 2022
I just got confirmation, that I'm not a proper gentleman...

Apr 2, 2:10 PM

Feb 2018
Maybe I'll wait for the batch before watching it to my satisfaction, after all I've read the manga
Apr 2, 3:41 PM

Jun 2016
A femboy MC (he's almost like a tomboy girl) surrounded by and harem of cute oppai maids, the main maid is voiced by Lynn, and his cute and funny demon familiar is voiced by Ai Farouz, seems an hilarious series, I always love this kind of shit lol XD for me it is already a 7 or 8.
Apr 2, 3:42 PM
Dec 2022
Why am I watching this LMAO my friends are calling this SLOP LMAOOOOOOOOO

Op aint bad

idk if i can do this LMAO

I liked the grimoire demon guy, and also bonus points because I immediately knew it was Blackbeard voice actor also didnt know he voices Jigen in new lupin stuff

brain cells lost
Apr 2, 3:44 PM
Feb 2022
Honestly it's going on my watch list based on that first episode.
For some reason, (I don't know why) while I was watching the episode something reminded me of 7 deathly sins.
I think it's the MC....
CG is pretty bad, specially considering there was a whole scene on CG they should've had polish that for sure.
Apr 2, 4:09 PM

Jan 2014
Aside from the god awful CG near the start of the episode, it wasn't too bad.

I enjoyed reading this thread to see people crying about the lolisho themes and the fanservice, then looking at their list, do people forget their lists are public?
Apr 2, 4:36 PM

Feb 2011
it's generic
it's shota
it's overpowered MC

and i'm all for it.

MC is cute as fuck even if he's a dude, idgaf those thighs tho

Apr 2, 5:33 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to Scootboi
it's generic
it's shota
it's overpowered MC

and i'm all for it.

MC is cute as fuck even if he's a dude, idgaf those thighs tho
@Scootboi lol XD I thought the same, those thighs! ... XD at the beginning I was uncertain if the MC was a tomboy girl or a femboy.
Apr 2, 6:44 PM

Aug 2015
that's what I'm talking about

The first scene was a bit cringe with the 1920 filter and the cgi isn't amazing.. but other than that I like it. Way more cultured than I thought it would be. Let's just hope it has a decent story cause cute femboy shota isn't enough for good rating ..probably
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 2, 7:02 PM
Jun 2021
Honestly, this is a no from me. I’ll probably just drop it.

The main character design is so obviously targeted at shota-cons, it honestly made me feel super icky watching it.

Everything else about it was just okay. I liked the animation okay, and I liked the one scene where the prince was fighting his night. I thought the action and strategy part was nice.

But the okay parts don’t make the uncomfortable parts any more bearable, so this one is gonna be a hard skip. Solid 3/10.
Apr 2, 7:26 PM

Jul 2017
you see ik the point of these series is to never have good writing but still this shit is fucking dog lol
Apr 2, 8:47 PM

Nov 2017
oh the Thicc Shota is here lmao
Apr 2, 8:52 PM
Mar 2022
So MAnY mixed reviews on the first episode has to be crazy.
The shorts are essentially to the plot, like someone said.
Then again the character design of the other characters….
Anyways, funny start
Kawaii_swanApr 2, 8:59 PM
Apr 2, 8:55 PM

Sep 2021
This show is a weird one to start for me. Why? Because I added this to my PtW quite some time ago and I have no idea why. Looking at synopsis and PV again before the season started, it looked like another average, generic fantasy like S-Rank Musume or Fluffy Isekai.

As for the content, the first half was just that.

But the second half was suprisingly funny! The prince being completly obsessed with magic was hillarious. "I know it might kill me... But I have to know how it feels!"
And demons are the perfect lab rats for excessive magic experiments!

I wonder if the show can keep this niveau. I'm far from convinced yet, but at least the premiere was better than expected.
Apr 2, 10:59 PM

Aug 2019
It's alright ig. Not the biggest fan of Lloyd's design. Like yeah I get they tried to make him look really cute but I think they went just a bit too far. I'm also not a fan of the art style or even the idea of the show. This is probably going to get dropped in 1-2 weeks
Apr 2, 11:01 PM
Feb 2023
New year new season and new animes, This anime is eeye catching the story is about that of a commener who got killed by teh mages of high level but the kid being too much intrested in magic even appreciated the magic quality which killed him in his last momets,and henceforth he was reincarnated as the 7th king, he had all the memories and now is n his way to perfect his magic skills. His intrest toward magic can be seen from when he gets excited to learn new things.

the overall ep is good and i am going stick to it. I would score it a 7/10
Apr 2, 11:28 PM
Oct 2016
I wish western morale f#g who got filtered so hard just stop following this shit, knowing in the later arc any shotashit isnt going to be relevant since its not the fking focus og f the series.. Kudos for the mangaka for making such an insane masterpiece other worldy battle scene
Apr 3, 1:54 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Alkimia
It's alright ig. Not the biggest fan of Lloyd's design. Like yeah I get they tried to make him look really cute but I think they went just a bit too far. I'm also not a fan of the art style or even the idea of the show. This is probably going to get dropped in 1-2 weeks
@Alkimia No. He's basically a trap, the outfit and the thighs go way beyond just a "cute" design for a boy.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 3, 7:25 AM
Jul 2020
IzanaSolos said:
TSUMUGI AKITA ANIMATION LAB, the creators behind last season's Meiji Gekken, are stepping back from historical anime and venturing into the world of generic isekai with Kenkyo na Circle's second most popular work.

There was a sorcerer who deeply cherished magic, yet he was born a commoner, lacking the lineage and talent for it. As he met an untimely end, he regretted not delving deeper into the study of magic while he had the opportunity. Then, he was reborn as Lloyd, the seventh prince of the Kingdom of Saloum, blessed with a powerful magical bloodline and talent, while retaining memories from his past life. One day, driven by curiosity, he sneaked into a forbidden sealed library and inadvertently awakened a demon of ancient magic who controls forbidden books. It was at that moment that he realized he was reborn with all his memories intact, along with the perfect bloodline and immense talent. Determined to enjoy his new life, he used his extraordinary magical abilities to master the study of magic that was beyond his reach in his previous life.

Dude... No matter how focused you are on studying magic, you've got to take the time to enjoy the naked maids... Grimoire really picked the wrong boy to pick a fight with. Whatever, I find it hilarious that Lloyd is borderline masochistic and sadistic when it comes to magic. He wants to feel it ripping his finger apart and then see how the majin survives his attacks, all while knowing he needs to put up insanely strong barriers to prevent damage to the castle above them. But yeah, sure... destroy a library probably containing books with ancient knowledge you haven't learned yet... very smart! Ugh, those isekai characters really get on my nerves. Freaking logic dictates: first, read every interesting book, and lastly, unleash the majin if you want to! Not the other way around.

Alright, look, as much as this seems like a generic isekai, it's one of those guilty pleasures for me, one of those so bad it's good. And this looks like it'll be a pretty fun ride. Count me in.

If you look at the “fight” again you can see that he puts up barriers around all the bookshelves to protect them.
Apr 3, 7:44 AM

Mar 2024
I'm usually really not a shota enjoyer, but this "boy", god damn. Way too cute.
Don't even care about all the generic girls, just give me more of him in the next episodes.
Apr 3, 7:51 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to LostSpectre
@Alkimia No. He's basically a trap, the outfit and the thighs go way beyond just a "cute" design for a boy.
@LostSpectre I was half-asleep writing that lmao but yup you're right

@Mystyc_Cheez You should have a look at the reviews on Crunchyroll 🤦‍♂️
Apr 3, 8:42 AM

Oct 2021
Yeah this is awful, hate the design and the story is just another "isekai" bs.
Apr 3, 8:56 AM
Feb 2022
Friggin great show I was reading the manga before but I’m so proud of its anime adaptation and more proud of its episode 1
Apr 3, 10:06 AM
Mar 2021
wkwkwkwk ngakak liat familiarnya ketakutan
Apr 3, 11:59 AM

Nov 2014
It's surprisingly good start. Nice jokes, decent art and overall interesting setting. And I'd like to say MC is one of the better designed lolis, but y'know... daga otoko da.

Apr 3, 1:00 PM
Dec 2014
Pretty sure, this anime is going to be a below average one
Apr 3, 2:38 PM
Apr 2022
It is pretty solid to the manga, but with the VAs and animation I can't wait to watch all of it.
Apr 3, 5:22 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to ghtyujkkpkohkjb
I just wonder was it really necessary to name it "Isekai"?
Why couldn't he just be born in a family and fell in love with magic that combat sorcerers practiced nearby?
@ghtyujkkpkohkjb Naming it "isekai" is in fact 100% factually wrong to the plot

Reincarnation yes, isekai not. "tensei" is correct here as in the name.
Apr 3, 6:04 PM
Apr 2020
I am so excited to see this be animated. The manga is so cool and beautiful!! I love OP MCs and I can’t wait to see all the colorfully scenes that the manga has!!!!!
Apr 3, 6:07 PM
Jan 2021
Disgusting, very disgusting
Apr 3, 6:36 PM

Jan 2017
Well, this is basically just the "draw a girl and call it a boy" meme, but even then, those thighs that put Kanna to shame were quite surprising lmao. The messing around in the first half of the episode bored me, but the fight was surprisingly fun to watch. I wager it is going to be more of a comedy, in which case, it needs to be a bit funnier than this, but I give it a chance and continue. I'm far from being a shota enjoyer, but this オスガキ is smug and cheeky enough to make it interesting.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 3, 8:13 PM
Aug 2013
I keep watching animes similar to this but it feels uncomfortable when the protagonist is so young and they are showing fanservice with older women and him, nope, it is weird.
I´m not sure I´m going to keep watching this.
I don´t have to wait 3 episodes to know how I feel about an anime.
Apr 4, 5:19 AM

Sep 2022
This may be the garbage of the season, but with good animation. Every season needs one or two of those.
AnimeRankingApr 4, 5:29 AM
Apr 4, 11:09 AM

Jan 2014
The guy is so obsessive with magic that being burned alive, instead of writhing in pain, he just admired how marvellous the magic is. Even the demon fears his mana. It's the usual isekai but its good enough to entertain me so I'll keep on watching. Hate the character design though.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Apr 4, 3:02 PM

May 2013
animation style looks like a hentai
Apr 4, 4:16 PM

Jul 2017
Good mix of cute and creepy.

I hope it continues with creepy scenes
Apr 4, 6:17 PM

Jan 2014
Maybe it’s recency bias from binging the manga, but I loved this episode so much! A whole lotta fun and amazed at the fluid animation. They definitely went above and beyond my expectations.
"Most people don't try to become adults, they just can't stay children any longer."
- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Apr 4, 9:40 PM
Sep 2023
Amazing start, I haven't seen an anime start like that in a while. I love the way it incorporates world-building as well as a nice spar scene. The action is amazing, the character designs are unique, the soundtrack is a god send, and the storyline for the first episode made me wish i found this anime in 2025 so i could binge it as opposed to waiting for the next episode. Though, i do have a few things i'd like to change about it if i could.

1. The main character looks like a girl, his shorts are extremely short and he has knee high socks which isn't normal for a person of his age. It's a little weird, especially with the knee blush, though i know this will be changed if he grows up.

2. Home boy is ugly as HELL as a baby, but he ages up quite fast so thats okay, lmaooo

3. I wish the maids weren't so weird and freaky about him.

4. Overall, this series is nice and chill, I can't wait for episode two.
Apr 5, 5:38 AM
Mar 2019
Watched it together with my FBI agent. Recommend.
Apr 5, 7:14 AM
Apr 2022
Watch it. The story is okay. The MC clothes design is weird. And they show the MC child body up down up down. And I will check who's the author...
Apr 5, 10:25 AM

Oct 2011
Well, it's fine for now. A little bit of fanservice, but I'm glad it's not as crazy as in some other 'reincarnated as' anime.
If the rest wil be similar to first ep I guess it would be just a nice anime to watch in order to relax after work.
Apr 5, 11:14 AM
Jan 2016
Show seems a bit generic but the plot is a bit different than the usual OP Isekai.

However, it is really fucking weird what they are doing with his design. Giving him outlandishly thick thighs, etc is really creepy and might kick me right out of this one.
Apr 5, 11:15 AM

Nov 2023
It looks fine, just a generic reincarnation fantasy.

Dude is completely delusional when it comes to magic, like obsessed with learning.
Apr 5, 12:06 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to DexterLivingston
What is wrong with the animators, why do they keep panning up and down a child's legs like that??? someone please tell me the Mc ages up quickly or ill have to drop this show.
@DexterLivingston I thought the same thing, i went over to the manga and skipped over to chapter 60 and he is STILL the same age. It's really weird IMO and i wish the animators didn't do that. I feel like the actual idea of this anime could have so much potential but the weird shota scenes ruin it.
Apr 5, 2:06 PM
Jun 2020
The growing sexualization of kids in anime is very concerning. MC design is probably the worst I've seen. This is the first anime I have dropped after watching a single episode...
Apr 6, 9:06 AM
Apr 2014
Very cute! Everything about it is pretty good, I don't like the CG backgrounds so much but other than that very solid first episode.
Apr 6, 6:05 PM
Sep 2020
this is just degeneration
Apr 6, 6:19 PM
May 2014
based af. based af. based af.
Apr 6, 11:54 PM
Mar 2012
OP is beautiful.
fun inquisitive psycho brat who loves books, a less bland mc i guess.
Sparring super fast but such cool animation.
Tiny goat lol it's like tom & jerry.
Apr 7, 5:04 AM
Jan 2024
This first episode was well produced, used a variety of storytelling tropes in effective ways, and was all around entertaining and even a bit heartwarming. The highlight for me was Grim and Lloyd’s fight, their interactions immediately struck me as the most interesting part of this series and I’m very glad to know they’re the protagonists for this journey. Another highlight was of course his fight with Sylpha, which I’m sure is probably the big favorite moment for the majority of viewers (I definitely understand why though, it’s a fantastically animated fight between the main and a fun maid girl with both having a lot of personality). I think another strong highlight was the zero-color trauma / past life sequence. That was a very artistic choice to genuinely portray in black and white like that, and I was not surprised when I looked up this director’s past work and learned he also worked on the surprisingly solid “Chivalry of a Failed Knight”. Now my only dream for this show is that every single character gets great character development like in Chivalry (I know this is a comedy anime, but Chivalry kind of Was too, and yet even managed to give meaningful character development to the side characters like the sister or the trans girl character). So yeah Chivalry was a surprisingly solid time for its genre and I’m expecting this director to deliver again!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17

62 by Devonnius »»
9 hours ago

» I need more, where to start from the manga?

RjtheGreat14 - Jun 17

13 by ZoronCraft »»
Yesterday, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10

48 by tofei »»
Yesterday, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

79 by tofei »»
Yesterday, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

60 by tofei »»
Yesterday, 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.