Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 26, 9:13 AM
Jun 2012
Nice to see some of Rose's past.

Fairly decently animated fights.
Feb 26, 10:42 AM

Apr 2011
It's actual German name though. Apparently it's variant of name Ulrich.
Feb 26, 3:43 PM

Aug 2007
It was hard to care about this episode because I knew everyone is going to die...
Feb 26, 5:46 PM
Jul 2022
Snoozefest. Idc since we already know the fate of this unit. They should have done it like Tsukimichi if they really needed a padding episode(s) 🙃
Feb 27, 6:41 AM

Jul 2017
As everyone readies for war, for Rose, this is a moment to sink in of whom the current Rescue Team really is.

Once the Battalion Commander for the Llinger Kingdom, Rose is held to high regard, even to her closest deputy commander of Aul. She's easily the female version of Usato on the comedy side who goes unhinged as she likes. But like the current Rescue Team of misfits, Rose accepted her in, even as she continues her rebellion on her, always wanting to one-up her when she gets the chance. And like always, she fails each and every time.

When shit hits the fan however, Rose and the others encountered the Demon Lord's army. Though this is to ascertain what the demons are here for, it soon turns into conflict as Rose faces the demon commander Nero Argence herself with her superhuman strength and healing magic.

If there is an episode that feels like the show's going at a snail's pace, it's this one. Previous episodes wasn't this dragged out.
Feb 27, 8:44 PM

Nov 2009
Rose backstory eh...

Her personality didn't really change huh... LOL

I was thinking she might have a nicer personality until trauma hits that turns her into a monster leader.

But nope... Rose was already fairly crazy back then...

Also, since this is a Flashback, we already know the outcome...

Usato could have some fairly cute Senpais... instead of the crazy group of burly men...

Tho... Rose's group used to be a normal group and not "just healers".
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 28, 5:07 PM

Sep 2018
Surprisingly quite touching, pretty good fleshed out backstory on Rose and her old team.
Feb 29, 3:50 PM

Jan 2012
Man, I wish I cared at all about Rose's past. I just don't, and as such this and in all likelihood at least some of next episode were pretty boring. I mean we know all her subordinates die right? So why should I care about heartfelt fireside character development involving no names we never knew before now? As it is I just wish they'd get on with the main story. Ah well. Maybe I'll lower my score for this a bit.
animefan8800Feb 29, 3:53 PM
Mar 2, 12:18 AM
Nov 2018
only 13 episodes and we have memories ???? I hate this episode!
Mar 2, 12:46 PM

Oct 2019
Time for that tragic Rose backstory, seemingly a two-parter too. Is this the battle when Rose loses her team and her eye or does it happen later, when the demons properly invade?

I suspect Rose will kill Nero Argence in the next episode and that's why the demon Amila (the one who leads the current invasion and the construction of that bridge) hates Rose so much. If I had to guess Nero must be Amila's brother.

As for Aul she and Usato are like two peas in a pod aren't they?
Mar 3, 12:55 AM

Oct 2017
I like Aul, is there no hope for my girl? Koko chan's voicing her too.

Battalion commander Rose without her right eye hiding behind bangs, cool. I like her current look more though.
Mar 8, 4:21 PM

Jan 2019
Terrible fucking episode. I just ended up skipping the entire nonsense with Rose's old team.

How many fucking anime do this nonsense? When you are doing a flashback, I don't give a shit how close or friendly your "people who died" were. Unless they are recurring characters, no one gives a shit. The annoying purple haired girl with "ZANY" antics and a team made this a chore to sit through.

In-fact, if they had a competent director, most of this episode would've been wrapped up in 5 mins. Who the fuck makes entire 20 min flashback episode and then adds a cliffhanger tot he flashback when the audience already knows what happened? That's just stupid. There are no surprises waiting for the audience, just a generic battle with a demon till the whole team except Rose, gets wiped out.

No really, I wanna know how many people wanted to know that a purple hair freak would be the successor to a healer, when she's dead already. I don't give a shit about learning about hopes and dreams of generic NPC's who show up for a shitty flashback.
1List2RuleThemAlMar 8, 4:24 PM
Mar 8, 7:00 PM

May 2015
Auls stubbornness is very similar to Usatos. This flashback is cool, mainly because we get another Rose battle!
Mar 9, 8:59 AM
Dec 2021
its just a filler a not need one too
Mar 10, 6:03 PM

Dec 2013
I wasn't expecting a sudden flashback but I'm okay with it. Ponytail girl is really likeable and reminds me of Usato. It's a shame that she's going to die.
Mar 19, 5:23 PM
Aug 2013
good lord it's bad
Mar 25, 12:26 PM

Jan 2014
Flashback episode does what every flashback episode does. Doesn't add much context to Rose's character either. At least the battle is cool looking.
Mar 31, 5:26 PM
Mar 2019
Rose is a beast. But, this being a flashback episode, something tells me things won't go well for her squad.
Apr 3, 5:59 PM
Jun 2022
Trip Down Memory Lane , Smh!
Apr 26, 8:47 AM

Feb 2021
She's very strong indeed XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

108 by Kiviel »»
Jun 8, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15

68 by RicFie »»
May 26, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5

140 by ALUCARD47 »»
May 26, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22

58 by Ayano_Kuma »»
May 25, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chiyu Mahou no Machigatta Tsukaikata Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

75 by EvandroBraz »»
May 5, 6:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.