Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 7, 2022 6:42 PM
May 2018
n0000! cliffhanger-kunnnnnn
Oct 13, 2022 8:36 AM

Nov 2007
I really disliked these last couple or episodes. It was so melodramatic and pushing on the same issue while slow paced as hell.
Dec 17, 2022 7:57 AM

Dec 2012
Season 2 please come soon

Dec 24, 2022 7:00 AM

Apr 2013
Did she actually just ask him if he was ready to return to "hell"? Describing living with two hotties and a genius while studying is "hell"... what kind of view is that lol

When I started this show I did not expect to feel relieved when it finished, but now I am. I really enjoyed this show until they skipped to the future and spent way way too much time there. While I could identify with the protagonist in the first few episodes, soon he became too perfect and his harem of three girls certainly did not help. The ending felt really lacking as well, it feels like he did not really solve anything either. I guess I'll give this a positive score since I enjoyed the start so much. 6/10
Apr 7, 2023 6:18 AM
Dec 2022
Kyouya retuns back to the past after spending some time with his wife and daughter. He wants to make things right and he is just beginning. The end scene with Tsurayuki is a bit of a cliffhanger. Overall a good anime.
Apr 18, 2023 4:05 PM

May 2015
the story might as well have never happened at all; Don't you love when authors do that? Oh and by going back and undoing things he essentially killed his daughter with the blue haired girl, since he unmade her existence - but hey few people making better manga is worth the cost of his wife's happiness and his daughter's life, right? I stopped reading after that.
May 6, 2023 10:04 AM
Jan 2022
The ending bruh I need s2
May 6, 2023 10:04 AM
Jan 2022
The ending bruh I need s2
May 21, 2023 5:39 PM

May 2017
i need a second season so bad MAN IT'S NO GAME NO LIFE ALL OVER AGAIN
81982062_p0
Jul 6, 2023 5:27 AM
Apr 2021
so underrated people should watch it
Jul 8, 2023 2:16 PM
Nov 2019
This NEEDS a season 2. I’m refuse have this be another 12 episode Unfinished gem!
Jul 27, 2023 3:56 PM
Oct 2022
COWARD MC FOR LEAVE THE WIFE AND DON'T LOVE EX-WIFE IN PAST TIME FOR THE FUTURE LOVE
Aug 16, 2023 12:15 PM

Dec 2007
my conclusion on this anime is - i hate kyoyai. really, just pure hate.
lets leave aside that he have a "happy life". he told keiko that he needs to "say goodbye". in other words: he went to hanging out with naoshiku and his own daughter. and naoshiku actually regained her likeness to draw art!! those moments of happiness so hit me in the heart, that i believed in the morning he will tell keiko "i prefer staying here". but no!!! he prefer going back to his college days.
and guess why? "i want to experience that happiness with everyone again". he made it sound as a "good" thing, but all i here is some adult guy who just wants his youth back.
for that you demolished your happy wife and children? seriously? what the hell?

i seriously couldn't stand this guy and the anime, i actually stopped the video. and went to do other stuff, better stuff, important stuff, than watching this good for nothing guy.

only later i got back, and i try to actually care for what i watch. but the ending of the anime wasn't the best, and left with bad taste.
i'm glad that he guided nanako for more independency and all, but nashiko just went for her block. so really, what was good in going to the past now? huh?
and there was that ending with tourajirou, that ended in kind of cliffhanger. not that i cared much to be honest, since i actually agree with torajirou's thoughts in episode 8, kyoyai is truly dumb.

in the end, this all anime wasn't important at all, since all his actions can somehow be deleted.
i just hate when they do that. it reminds me platinum end, but that was way better in some ways.

the only characters the i liked the most in this anime, apart for nashiko, was kwasegawa, and i truly wouldn't care for a spin-off with her. just leave kyoayi out

6/10 for the anime
mostly because it surprised me middle way in episode 8.
without that,
5/10
User-NameAug 16, 2023 12:21 PM
Aug 23, 2023 6:17 AM
Apr 2019
This a disappointing ending, it's better off to just end with a cliffhanger at episode 11 where Keiko gives MC a choice.

The only moral choice for MC should be asking Keiko to send him back to the beginning, before all the time travel stuff, and rebuild his old life with Kawasegawa. That's the reality, that's the hell MC should face, and the time travel experience should have given him the confidence to face it.

But no, MC has to be selfish/cowardly and asks to be sent back to the new timeline where he's together with two cute girls, knowing his interference would have (and already had) serious consequences, that's not a good message. He thought he needs to go back to fix the problem his meddling has caused, but by "fixing" the problem he's just doing more meddling, while he could have fixed it properly by not entering the lives of Platinum Generation at all and actually do something to fix his own life in reality (i.e. the original timeline).

This anime had so much potential with the twist at episode 8-11, but this ending made it all pointless.
proxima16Aug 23, 2023 7:28 AM
Nov 2, 2023 12:34 PM
Jun 2022
Yeah... Time Travel Done Right . Any Idea On S2 ?
Dec 5, 2023 10:58 PM
Dec 2023
it was nice, it felt held back in a way
Dec 20, 2023 8:20 PM

Dec 2017
I felt that the 'present' episodes were tacked on and didn't make much sense. It should have been Kyouya in 2007 all the way.
Jan 4, 7:56 PM

Mar 2012
Feels like another self-insert teenage show in adult clothing.

MC is sooooooo annoying. About a third of the way in I realized the show is basically all 1) dialogue (mostly MC conversing with another character) or 2) monologue in between dialogue. Hardly a moment goes by without the MC speaking. There were even times when MC would monologue WHILE someone else is talking.

In retrospect it makes sense: the whole story is basically a visual novel, with multiple routes (bad end initially, then start from beginning, hit one girl's ending, now he's loaded a save point for another route) and the constant mono/dialoguing. Original writer did script for Grisaia anime and scenario for a route for the Grisaia VN after all.

It's also incredibly facepalming how the MC wants to, essentially, help everyone in Platinum Generation succeed... except, well, everyone was succeeding WITHOUT his help in the first timeline. Ultimately it boils down to MC envying other's successes and wanting a piece of that.

What sunk the story is just how shallow it feels. I thought MC's central conflict was the desire to do something, to make something of his life (completely relatable); but by the end it ended up being: he's too good at what he does and everyone else is intimated by his ability or lost without his help, so now he has to tone it down and nurture everyone else.
The time travels don't help. He gained a loving wife and daughter instantly in the forward time skip, then he lost it all, without any heartbreak or regret, in another backward time jump. The highs and lows feel so effortless and forgettable.
tsogJan 4, 10:04 PM
Feb 27, 2:09 AM
Jul 2019
Interesting end and I want to see more. I want to know if he end up with one girl too as well see them make more games together.
Mar 8, 6:39 AM
Oct 2020
Damn they really left us on a cliffhanger like that? To be honest he really didn't have to go back to the past, he could have changed things in the future at that point but what can we do. Here's hoping we get another season and hoping that kyouya and shino aki end up together again.
Apr 17, 5:11 AM

Apr 2008
This isn't even a cliffhanger...
Cliffhangers have setups for maximum tension...

This is like as if a book was ripped in half and story just abruptly stopped
This is like a forest of loose ends

If anything if they should have ended the story at the Pink Girl bringing her hand down...
At least that ending would have been one of like "He now understands, and he can go back to his time with satisfaction in his heart"
Apr 17, 5:18 AM

Apr 2008
Reply to tsog
Feels like another self-insert teenage show in adult clothing.

MC is sooooooo annoying. About a third of the way in I realized the show is basically all 1) dialogue (mostly MC conversing with another character) or 2) monologue in between dialogue. Hardly a moment goes by without the MC speaking. There were even times when MC would monologue WHILE someone else is talking.

In retrospect it makes sense: the whole story is basically a visual novel, with multiple routes (bad end initially, then start from beginning, hit one girl's ending, now he's loaded a save point for another route) and the constant mono/dialoguing. Original writer did script for Grisaia anime and scenario for a route for the Grisaia VN after all.

It's also incredibly facepalming how the MC wants to, essentially, help everyone in Platinum Generation succeed... except, well, everyone was succeeding WITHOUT his help in the first timeline. Ultimately it boils down to MC envying other's successes and wanting a piece of that.

What sunk the story is just how shallow it feels. I thought MC's central conflict was the desire to do something, to make something of his life (completely relatable); but by the end it ended up being: he's too good at what he does and everyone else is intimated by his ability or lost without his help, so now he has to tone it down and nurture everyone else.
The time travels don't help. He gained a loving wife and daughter instantly in the forward time skip, then he lost it all, without any heartbreak or regret, in another backward time jump. The highs and lows feel so effortless and forgettable.
@tsog This is all really well said and I agree with it!

It's pretty clearly implied that the reason why the Platinum Generation ended up failing is because of his 20 years of professional experience made the Platinum Generation feel inadequate...

The writer guy straight up said that he felt he could never catch up to MC and they made it clear that Blondie was becoming toxically dependent on him...

The show wants to play off 20 years of professional experience as not having a massive cheating advantage just because he didn't buy Bitcoin or something

I was honestly expecting that he would travel 2 years back in time, to fix his original life with new determination...
Essentially Christmas Carol style... Since he was able to experience the Ghost of the Past and Future, he can now fix his present...
But I guess he gets to truly cheat after all XD
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 4, 2021

132 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

158 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

90 by Timeline_man »»
May 24, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2021

92 by ninjaberserker »»
May 14, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi no Remake Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

211 by ninjaberserker »»
May 14, 12:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.