Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 30, 3:52 PM
Sep 2017
I was watching the dub from episode 1 and finally was getting caught up with the newest episodes only to find out the newest episodes aren't dubbed. A few days after episode 20 came out they released the dub for episode 18, but why is this? Does anyone know ?
Jan 30, 3:58 PM
Jun 2021
Liutauriux said:
I was watching the dub from episode 1 and finally was getting caught up with the newest episodes only to find out the newest episodes aren't dubbed. A few days after episode 20 came out they released the dub for episode 18, but why is this? Does anyone know ?

That how most anime’s are. Dubs tend to be release after subs.
Jan 30, 3:59 PM

Jan 2022
Simuldubs (as in dub episodes that release on the same day as the subbed counterpart) need a different sort of logistics that drives up the costs, I imagine
mo_laveJan 30, 4:03 PM
Jan 30, 4:00 PM

Jul 2011
Liutauriux said:

Dubs are usually behind as they won’t start dubbing till later.
Jan 30, 4:00 PM
Sep 2017
Reply to SparCy
Liutauriux said:

That how most anime’s are. Dubs tend to be release after subs.
And is there a good reason for that ?
Jan 30, 4:07 PM
Jun 2021
Liutauriux said:

Cause they need to:

1. Translate the original audio
2.Re word the translation to fit the lip flaps and dialogue to match the animation
3. Need to record it in English.
Jan 30, 4:18 PM
Feb 2022
SparCy said:
Liutauriux said:

Cause they need to:

2.Re word the translation to fit the lip flaps and dialogue to match the animation

I can tell they’re a child
Jan 30, 4:29 PM

Jun 2016
There's always a delay for dubs. It takes time and a lot of people to dub a series from another language.
Jan 30, 4:32 PM

Jan 2023
Like others have pointed out, it's a logistics thing and will obviously take time to translate Japanese to English than record that translation in English audio.
Jan 30, 4:37 PM
Dec 2022
That's how dubs are. It's a simple fact. I am also watching Frieren: Beyond Journey End dub so I have to wait.
Jan 30, 4:42 PM
Mar 2021
SparCy said:
Liutauriux said:

Cause they need to:

Not even just record. They then have to mix and master the audio with the dialogue tracks so it doesn’t sound like the voices are now “on top” of the rest of the mix. This process alone takes a couple days of labour if you want a quality product.
Jan 30, 4:49 PM
Dec 2022
Liutauriux said:

it not a simuldub. dubs are usually 2 episodes behind the sub of the anime in particular. I'm also watching Frieren in just the dub.
Jan 30, 5:18 PM
Jul 2021
dubs are not good. anime meant to be watch in japanese !
Jan 30, 5:35 PM
Apr 2021
its allways like that tho
dubs usually release 2 or 3 weeks after the original but thats for all anime.

and i wont even go over how u should try watching the original ๐Ÿšถ‍โ™‚๏ธ
Jan 30, 5:37 PM
May 2023
Up until which episode is dubbed?
Jan 30, 5:55 PM

Nov 2021
DivinesPlayhouse said:
SparCy said:

Cause they need to:

Or maybe.... they're just new to anime no ? (they've only watched 31 anime)
Why to jump to conclusions lol
Jan 30, 6:32 PM
Jan 2022
Liutauriux said:

The anime is still in production, that's how it works, episodes ahead arent finished yet and dub takes way more time than putting subs, simuldub only happens when the anime is completely finished before start airing, for example Mob Psycho s3
Jan 30, 6:34 PM

Jul 2019
I believe it's also related to some anime productions being made at the last minute

if it's not (like Mob Psycho 100 III), simuldubs are usually released the same day as subs
Jan 30, 6:54 PM
Sep 2017
Reply to Saphhh
DivinesPlayhouse said:
SparCy said:

Cause they need to:

Or maybe.... they're just new to anime no ? (they've only watched 31 anime)
Why to jump to conclusions lol
Don't make fun of me ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ My account is 6 years old, I just don't watch that much anime. I didn't know how dubs work because I rarely watch actively airing anime and it's my first time watching one in dub. Also the frieren dub is amazing :p
Jan 30, 8:04 PM
Aug 2023
Liutauriux said:
Don't make fun of me ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ My account is 6 years old, I just don't watch that much anime. I didn't know how dubs work because I rarely watch actively airing anime and it's my first time watching one in dub. Also the frieren dub is amazing :p

It’s okay, I like dubs too. The reason I switched to subs was specifically because the dub takes more time to come out. It’s unfortunately just how it works.
Jan 30, 8:06 PM

Mar 2023
most dubs are several episodes behind
Jan 31, 2:17 AM
Jul 2022
Dub is always or most of the time behind for any show.
Jan 31, 2:32 AM
Jan 2022
Liutauriux said:

I watch mostly subs.but there some dubs I do watch like overlord fairy tail vanitas black clover The dubs will always be behind since the sub is the original
Jan 31, 4:46 AM
Jul 2023
in most animes, dubs come out two-three weeks after sub, this is the case here in frieren
Jan 31, 6:06 AM
Mar 2021
most of them have always been like that. 2-3 weeks behind.

some get simultaneous same day1 dubs like metallic rouge and weak tamer are right now
Jan 31, 6:13 AM
โ™ก( โ€ขเฅขโ—ก-เฅข)โœงห–ยฐ โ™ก

Dec 2014
Like others have said here that Dub is always behind the JP sub one so please just be patient...

(ใฃโ—”โ—กโ—”)ใฃ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฏ๐“พ๐“ต ๐“ญ๐“ช๐”‚ ♥
Jan 31, 6:25 AM
May 2022
2-3 weeks behind for all of the english viewers is also pretty good. I and others have to wait at least 4 weeks bc (in my case) the german dub is produced way more strictly and takes always longer
Jan 31, 6:36 AM

Jan 2009
dubs are usually behind subs releases anyway
Jan 31, 8:02 AM
Jun 2022
Watch it subbed. Simple.
Most of the times it’s better.
Japanese VA are far better than most.
Very rare that dub is equally as emotionally impactful or fulfilling as sub.
I started as a dub watcher but as soon as I switched to sub to keep up with shows, I understood the difference and have been a purist since.
If anything only Violet Evergarden and YLIA have dubs that are as good subs.
But I guess sub is most of the times a better way to go about.
Jan 31, 10:39 AM

Apr 2012
I'm not watching dubs while this person is still doing localizations.

Every female character dubbed sounds like her to me, so NO! HELL NO.
Janethan23Jan 31, 10:44 AM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 31, 12:24 PM
Sep 2016
How is this a question? It boggles the mind.
Jan 31, 12:38 PM
Jul 2021
peepmo said:

you can watch it however you like
Jan 31, 2:08 PM
Feb 2021
DivinesPlayhouse said:
SparCy said:

Cause they need to:

what about this makes them a child ๐Ÿ’€ ye they forgot about audio mixing and mastering but it's not like they're wrong
Jan 31, 4:48 PM
Aug 2023
peepmo said:

To each their own, some people find it difficult to focus on subtitles and would much rather appreciate the scenes. Also there are some very good dubs out there.
Jan 31, 5:55 PM

May 2019
It is behind because Dub is rubbish and some people are illiterate.

Well, a necessary evil is still necessary.
Jan 31, 6:49 PM
Aug 2022
Because Japan is several timezones ahead of us, duhhh.
Feb 1, 12:34 AM
Dec 2022
middle_pickup said:
Because Japan is several timezones ahead of us, duhhh.

Ah yes! I forgot Japan's timezone is several weeks before the USA's. You see, I'm a Brit so Japan's timezone is only 9 hours ahead of mine right now.
Feb 1, 1:01 AM
May 2023
the dub versions normally are always like 3 episodes behind the sub
Feb 1, 1:01 AM
Sep 2020
peepmo said:

some people can't focus on the subtitles and the visuals at the same time, causing the experience to just be reading rather than watching... may as well just read the light novel at that point. speaking from experience here, I've watched several animes in Japanese, and every time without fail I've had to rewind at some point because I've missed some key visual detail due to being entrapped in the subtitles.
Feb 1, 6:27 AM
Aug 2021
peepmo said:

Not necessarily true. There are dubs which are better than the original, there are dubs that are just as good and there are dubs which are bad.

Now that anime is growing in popularity in the West more money is being spent on doing dubs well.
Feb 1, 6:43 AM
Aug 2021
Pee3peed said:
peepmo said:

some people can't focus on the subtitles and the visuals at the same time, causing the experience to just be reading rather than watching... may as well just read the light novel at that point. speaking from experience here, I've watched several animes in Japanese, and every time without fail I've had to rewind at some point because I've missed some key visual detail due to being entrapped in the subtitles.

I'm frequently rewinding, it's annoying butnI also can't be bothered waiting an extra two weeks.
Feb 1, 6:46 AM

Aug 2020
Dunno I hate english dub. Too plastic.

Feb 1, 7:14 AM
Aug 2022
KitsuFrost said:
Dunno I hate english dub. Too plastic.

You're high if you think the english VA's did a poor job. You must be reaching previously unknown levels of weeb copium to stake such claim.
Feb 1, 10:08 AM
Apr 2021
This is how Crunchyroll does things I know it's irritating but they're atleast just 2 eps behind unlike the f****** aniplex ones whose Dubs are eons late. I'm really gettin irritated while waitin for the Blue Exorcist n Mashle Dub, it sucks!
Feb 1, 10:08 AM
Apr 2021
Rob7 said:
It is behind because Dub is rubbish and some people are illiterate.

Well, a necessary evil is still necessary.

rubbish like ya, ikr
Feb 1, 10:19 AM
Jul 2021
Reply to Pee3peed
peepmo said:

@Pee3peed pretty sure you just the reading skill of a 3rd grader
Feb 1, 3:25 PM
Sep 2020
Gavinyeet said:
@Pee3peed pretty sure you just the reading skill of a 3rd grader

Nah, I do it anytime there's subtitles, even if the media I'm viewing is already in english. The words at the bottom just draw me in no matter what (something about the written word). And because I read them at the same pace that they're being said, I don't look away from them until the end of the scene. And if I'm fortunate, the scene doesn't change over to a new one until an extra second later, just giving me enough time to analyze everything on screen.
Feb 2, 3:29 AM

Jul 2014
Because dubbing takes time. It's a long, arduous process when done correctly.
Take care of yourself

More topics from this board

» Read the manga?

RealityChanges - Yesterday

9 by Fullmetaldak »»
13 minutes ago

» Dub ( 1 2 )

Cutie-Kun - Jun 6

52 by Estefan »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

842 by FONZACUS »»
Yesterday, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 8

505 by MasterK »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 1

252 by MasterK »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.