Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Dec 1, 2023 9:03 PM
May 2017
great episode but they fumbled a little by censoring nobara's face. The scene was clearly intended for shock value, censoring it just made it pointless. And honestly the thing about her death is it barely made me feel anything. A combination of limited screen time, lack of impact, shallow relationship with the other casts, little development...among other things... culminated in a few of us not caring all that much. Also what a weak ah backstory that served little purpose but to waste time on more important things smh

but aside from that seeing yuji put hands on mahito was entertaining. I believe their conflict will conclude in either next episode or the one after. I'm no manga reader, but based on pacing I feel like the climax is approaching. We still need to see what became of imposter geto and mei mei's conflict. Fully expecting her to get rekt but we'll see

4/5 episode
Quanda1eDing1eDec 1, 2023 9:25 PM
Dec 1, 2023 9:25 PM
Nov 2016
Another pretty good episode, it was mostly a flashback episode but that's ok, I like flashbacks if they are done properly and this flashback wasn't so bad, and that patch face guy is unpredictable as hell, that's what makes him dangerous, he escaped just to fool the good guys and he succeeded, damn you!

And... Nobara... you better be alive and I will have a NO for an answer, you hear me? we already lost Nanami in the previous episode, we can't lose you now, it's too soon and my kokoro isn't ready, the way she "supposedly" died wasn't THAT brutal so maybe she's still alive, I really hope she is.

And lastly, I have complained about things I dislike about this season but I must admit, this is a pretty darn good season and it will be even better in the BD when they remove the ghosting & dimming bullshitery. And Nobara... you better be alive!
Dec 1, 2023 9:46 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to Quanda1eDing1e
great episode but they fumbled a little by censoring nobara's face. The scene was clearly intended for shock value, censoring it just made it pointless. And honestly the thing about her death is it barely made me feel anything. A combination of limited screen time, lack of impact, shallow relationship with the other casts, little development...among other things... culminated in a few of us not caring all that much. Also what a weak ah backstory that served little purpose but to waste time on more important things smh

but aside from that seeing yuji put hands on mahito was entertaining. I believe their conflict will conclude in either next episode or the one after. I'm no manga reader, but based on pacing I feel like the climax is approaching. We still need to see what became of imposter geto and mei mei's conflict. Fully expecting her to get rekt but we'll see

4/5 episode
Quanda1eDing1e said:
great episode but they fumbled a little by censoring nobara's face. The scene was clearly intended for shock value, censoring it just made it pointless.

This scene happened in what chapter of the manga? I want to look that up to see how she looks in the manga, the anime indeed censored it somewhat.
Dec 1, 2023 9:53 PM
Mar 2020
man :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Dec 1, 2023 11:28 PM
Oct 2021
itadori full depresi
Dec 2, 2023 12:25 AM
Oct 2023
this entire season is peak.
Dec 2, 2023 12:55 AM
Feb 2023
I have two words for you, Akutami, that I won't state.

Please stop killing off every character that has even a tiny fanbase apart from the MC and letting the most hated villains escape every time
Dec 2, 2023 1:11 AM
Sep 2022
I HJATE THIS ANIME SHE SOHOULD HAVE LIVED HWY HSDIS HSEH EIDE I JWHAAUEDGYWAGDAWHDAWBDAWDIWQDU A

NOBARA :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Dec 2, 2023 2:42 AM

Nov 2023
I don't understand why you think she is dead. They never showed us her face. They left her death as a cliffhanger. I believe that at least in the next episode she still will be alive. She will be mortally wounded, but alive.
Also, I want to note the decline in the quality of the drawing and animation. It seems that the quality continues to decline with each episode.
Dec 2, 2023 3:29 AM

Jan 2011
No one is safe. That is all.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 2, 2023 3:31 AM

Oct 2015
I HATE YOU JJK! I CAN'T STOP CRYING HERE... NOBARA IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS!!! FIRST NANAMIN... NOW HER. AND I'M STILL WORRIED ABOUT MAKI-SAN. HOW... HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!!!

INCREDIBLE EPISODE BUT STILL. THE PAIN, MAN. THE PAIN!!! I'VE BEEN CRYING FOR MORE THAN 10 MINS NOW!
   HuaLian <3
Dec 2, 2023 4:46 AM
May 2020
Lets just say, that was hard to watch, but not in a bad way.
Dec 2, 2023 5:32 AM

Apr 2020
Jujutsu Kaisen did it again...
Dec 2, 2023 6:23 AM
Jun 2021
u always know they are gonna die when theres a flashback (not saori wondering what nobara is doing, the moment she dies TwT)
Dec 2, 2023 8:06 AM
Dec 2022
someone needs to give Yuji a hug man.. and then me afterwards like come on 🥲
Dec 2, 2023 8:42 AM
Nov 2023
her last smile and yuji's helplessness continue to suffer yuji
Dec 2, 2023 9:27 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Yet another relevant death in an arc that seems to have no chill at all. Nobara, the confident female companion that I felt for once was well written for how the standard is usually for shonen, has perished and now Itadori will have to deal with that as well.

Whilein the grand scheme of things we could say that Nobara wasn't super important, she sure had some backstory going for her and while it wasn't super emotional it didn't leave her as a blank state. Too bad, I was hoping for her to live further on.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 AM
Mar 2023
Oh, shit Kugisaki! What are you doing here?
Dec 2, 2023 11:07 AM
Sep 2021
turbo bad odcinek lmao
Dec 2, 2023 12:08 PM

Apr 2020
Kugisaki is my favorite character. So....that hit hard.
Dec 2, 2023 12:25 PM
Oct 2019
YO??????? RIP?!?!? I'm freaking out rn WHAT! Fuck Mahito all my homies hate Mahito!
Dec 2, 2023 12:40 PM

May 2016
I was broken by her death….I don’t think we have a chance but I just hope…
Dec 2, 2023 1:14 PM
Mar 2023
itadori,diles a todos que no fue tan malo
Dec 2, 2023 2:03 PM
Apr 2022
most boring flashback ever, felt like a full episode of nothing
Dec 2, 2023 3:55 PM

May 2018
4 stars only because I won't recover from this episode.
No cap I really liked Mysterious Girlfriend X
Dec 2, 2023 4:45 PM

Nov 2012
And the death toll keeps rolling. I never particularly liked or disliked Kugisaki, but damn! This is a death per episode. Who's next? Hell, who
s left besides Yuji? Megumi?

When Gojo is unsealed, he won't have any students.
dragynfaerieDec 2, 2023 4:55 PM
Dec 2, 2023 5:03 PM
Sep 2016
The animation got better from last episode but I felt this episode got a little long at the end with the (as of now) obvious fake out with Nobara. (I have not read the manga but either A. It's a bad fake out, or B. It's one of the worst handled flash backs ever.) I like the fight a lot with Nobara and Mohito though. I still think this anime can't use comedy in the serious moments well and Mahito is just busted. 9/10
Dec 2, 2023 6:11 PM
Apr 2017
Nobara Kugisaki,what a wast of a character...
the autor clearly did not know what to do with her,so the author decided to kill her for shock value and punish itadori.
after all these episode only when she dies Kugisaki was flash out...
such a shame,Nobara Kugisaki got worst than sakura from naruto lol.
Dec 2, 2023 6:20 PM
May 2017
Reply to xZabuzax
Quanda1eDing1e said:
great episode but they fumbled a little by censoring nobara's face. The scene was clearly intended for shock value, censoring it just made it pointless.

This scene happened in what chapter of the manga? I want to look that up to see how she looks in the manga, the anime indeed censored it somewhat.
@xZabuzax I'm not a manga reader yet, I will start once this season is completed. But I saw the panel where it happened, just look up "nobara death" in google image search. You'll see the panel
Dec 2, 2023 7:33 PM

Feb 2011
Weak sauce episode compared to the last heavy hitters, but glad the animators can catch a break with this flash backy thing.

rip kugi

Dec 2, 2023 10:23 PM
Oct 2007
WWWWOOOOWWWWW. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Nobara please stay dead. JJK masterpiece this season!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2023 11:13 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, Nobara was a pretty massive death. Respect to the mangaka for going through with it. Usually the main gang is safe in shonens, but not here... She will be missed; I really liked her character.
Dec 2, 2023 11:24 PM

Jul 2021
Episode 19. What an amazing episode, but what a tragedy it was. I loved every second from start to finish, and i am now very sad after seeing one of if not my favorite character in the entire series get killed. This episode had me bawling my eyes out. I loved Nobara's character from the second she was introduced till now and ill still love her character from now on till the end of time, i hope she makes a return, i hope shes alive, but it seems very unlikely but that wont stop me from hoping she comes back. Her backstory was also very cute with Fumi and Saori-chan, i felt bad for Nobara when Saori moved away, and when she left the village and left Fumi. I hope yuji ends Mahito for what hes done.

Rest In Peace Nobara Kugisaki, i will miss you.❤️

Dec 2, 2023 11:29 PM
Oct 2021
I think Nobara kinda fine
Dec 2, 2023 11:52 PM
Apr 2020
Very emotional & overall a great episode even from an action point of view.
Dec 3, 2023 12:28 AM
Nov 2018
megumi dies twice this ep

Dec 3, 2023 2:17 AM
Nov 2023
I feel like crying right now... 😭😭😭

I forgot about the fact that Mahito split in two lmao.

I loved how there was a flashback included to show exactly what Nobara felt.

I thought the room full of chairs was beautiful. I think for Nobara, life was just a room, a box. That's why she wanted to get out of her village so much. Each chair was shown differently, they were all unique, just like how every character is unique. There were so many chairs in that room and I think that each one represented a different person she knew or could have gotten to know. She had a long life ahead of her and I know one of those chairs is reserved for the present Saori. I don't know if it was intentional, but there was no space on the couch of Gojo, Yuji, and Megumi. I kind of viewed it as how Nobara felt like she didn't belong among them. Or rather, she couldn't belong with them anymore because her time was up as her chair fell down. I'm glad that Nobara was able to get some kind of resolution to all her internal conflicts.

I wish I could have gotten to know Nobara a little bit better. Nobara until know has been shown as mostly a flat character with very little backstory. It is the reason I have neglected her as a character. If the author had put a little more detail into developing her character like he did when he tried to rush her death, I think Nobara would be a fan favorite.

Why? Nobara's strong but she's not the strongest jujutsu sorcerer. Not even close. But, Nobara's the most realistic, the most relatable. She's just a normal girl surrounded by extraordinary people. Her world view is very much like one of ordinary people. We can relate to the idea that life feels like a box that is trying to trap you. It feels like people come and go all the time.

I think Nobara might just be one of my favorite characters of all time after this episode. Tbh, I thought of her as a boring character who was useless, like Sakura. But, I realized Nobara and Sakura were created as characters for a reason, they are both relatable. Humans are weak, but complex creatures that want an escape from their present day reality and all their mistakes (me included, this is not an insult, do not take it personally). Nobara and Sakura are the closest thing we have to normal human beings. Individually, they are strong, but with their respective teams, they are the weakest member. If every single character of the show was overpoweringly strong, it would be so boring. Action and fight scenes are fun but personally, I find anime oversaturated with fight scenes and less character development as boring. A good anime can have good fight scenes but also good character development. I love watching characters grow and mature, I love seeing the world through their eyes.

Anyway, RIP Nobara

(sorry, I ranted a bit)
Dec 3, 2023 3:37 AM
Mar 2020
Depressing, but still great.
Dec 3, 2023 6:43 AM

May 2015
Oh nooo...anyway...
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 3, 2023 6:57 AM

Aug 2018
Nobara could have died off-screen after season 1 and it would have made no difference, her achievements this season is 3 lines of dialogue and jobbing to a side antagonist goon. Literally give me a counter argument to that statement I wish to hear your delusion.
I'll add as well that this backstory would be sufficient right now as it is quite heartwarming but if those 2 girls never appear again in future chapters/episodes or don't get any relevance to the story, this backstory would be the most pointless segment I've ever witness in my life for a character. What we learn here is "Nobara was friend with a girl and met a sexy OL".
This is a far cry from Jogoat "I wanted to prove my strenght even though I'm not the strongest" not gonna lie.
Dec 3, 2023 7:19 AM
Dec 2021
Damn, Nobara is killed off. Her backstory was very interesting and very human compared to some of the other protagonists since she her problems are more relatable. She was really beginning to show what she could do in this episode, too.
Dec 3, 2023 8:25 AM
Jan 2019
half-episode flashback before character's death? it's just cheap! wouldn't we sympathise her WITHOUT this childhood story? I'm sure we would. This 'tragic moment' didn't work. Not even mentioning how stupid her death was
Dec 3, 2023 8:50 AM
Apr 2023
I feel as bad for Nobara and Nanami as I feel for the animators that are trying to finish this season 😭
Good episode, the direction and animation are amazing and Nobara's backstory was nice. Yuji's suffered so much man, RIP
Dec 3, 2023 10:02 AM
Jan 2022
Well goddammit I really wasn't expecting another death first namani then nobara my heart can't take anymore I just came off watching your lie in april to see the jjk ep and noba
ra is dead please tell me this is not going to be like akame ga kill where everyone has to die so the yuji can get stronger I understand killing ppl so the mc can get stronger but killing everybody off I hate akame ga kill
Dec 3, 2023 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
Nice turn of fate on the beginning of the episode. Aint mean that the timing of Kugisaki's attack was just perfect (actually would work every time before too), but that Itadori and Kugisaki both new they were fighting together, just in the other locations. That was really heart warming.

Dec 3, 2023 10:03 AM
Dec 2020
im pissed. rip......
Dec 3, 2023 12:03 PM
Jun 2016
sobbing.... poor Itadori
Dec 3, 2023 1:05 PM
Nov 2023
RIP Nobara

Animation in this episode was fire! But was a little disappointed in the paceing. Personaly I would have rather them slowed the fight scenes up to nobaras death/flashback. I understand the intent of the flashback to add more emotion to her death but since I am not this biggest fan of nobara as a character I didnt really care much.

As someone who is manga current I knew about both Nanami and Nobara getting killed by patch face back to back but am currious how the anime only viewers are doing after last 2 weeks😂.

Aslo have been wondering for a while how everyone who bought the Nobara fortnite skin is doing. I thought it was pretty funny when they added the nobara skin to fortnite even though in the manga she had already died at that point. Figured that the creators of fortnite either had no idea what was going to happen to her or were trying to upset a bunch of kids.

I know alot of people are upset with how gege kills of so many characters but I am a fan of this "no one is safe" writting style. Gives so much more suspense to each fight as their is seemingly an actual risk. Unlikely most animes where the main characters will always win in the end even if it seems like they should be dead they always come back. This is not the case for jjk so Im a hudge fan.
Dec 3, 2023 1:09 PM
Dec 2016
Rip Nobara, We will miss you
Dec 3, 2023 2:52 PM

Aug 2008
Shocking doesn't necessarily mean good. I just shake my head at wasted potential of her character.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Sep 28, 2023

179 by Zitrone_ »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

552 by Gatlaz »»
Yesterday, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Oct 12, 2023

284 by IrisallenM »»
Jun 5, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Nov 16, 2023

616 by LadyLisaxd »»
Jun 4, 2:25 PM

» I hate the manga community ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Sep 23, 2023

63 by cerise_serris »»
May 30, 8:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.