Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Nov 17, 2023 2:13 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was intensely intense, Nanami at the end giving off two-face vibes.
Nov 17, 2023 2:28 AM

Mar 2019
Conflicted.

On one hand I liked the idea of Sukuna leaving Itadori to deal with the aftermath of all the carnage he inflicted. The scene with Itadori agonizing in that was wasteland was genuinely great.

On the other hand I couldn't make any sense of whatever the fuck was going on in that battle. It was too chaotic in a really stupid way with shit just floating in air and stuff flying all over the place. It's like MAPPA decided to just draw a bunch of shapes sort of resembling Sukuna and Mahogara doing shit really fast and called it a day. Very little that was logical there in terms of choreography. And this show really goes overboard with fight scenes like this. We just had Sukuna vs Jogo and Megumi vs Toji (to a lesser extent) do the same thing... People just flying all over the place just blowing shit up with little impact. It gets boring and less impactful if every fight now is going to be some massive city scale destruction fight. Makes me miss fight scenes like Gojo vs Hanami and Mei Mei vs the graveyard curse she fought.
Nov 17, 2023 3:11 AM
Apr 2018
The eposode was mostly great, but it felt like they chose a style-over-substance approach for this fight. It was blown out of proportion and felt like half of Tokyo was destroyed when, in actuality, it was a circle 140m in radius.

Sukuna spent like 5 minutes destroying everything until he figured out how big guy techniques work
Which is not by itself bad if they had added some additional commentary during the fight or something that would justify fight this long, but combined with a previous point, it felt like most of the fighting did not actually happen, only a hole after domain expansion happened. It was just a lot of animators talent wasted on an imaginary fight that, despite looking great, was very hard to focus on and understand what was going on.
Nov 17, 2023 3:32 AM
Feb 2021
This series somehow manages to top its best episodes almost everytime. Never before have I seen such consistent and immaculate animation from a series that releases an episode weekly.

Somehow it always just gets better, and to top it off, the story so far has had the most interesting turn of events since, it's like all the stars aligned just for this season, and it's incredible.
Nov 17, 2023 4:20 AM
Jan 2023
I am just gonna say that mappa ruined it
Nov 17, 2023 4:37 AM
Apr 2017
great job with the animations keep it up
Nov 17, 2023 4:41 AM
Feb 2018
this animations is perfect
Nov 17, 2023 4:46 AM
Jul 2023
Si no es el mejor capitulo de toda la serie hasta el momento, no se que mas tienen que hacer (encima con el tiempo limite que tiene el staff de jjk por culpa de los directivos de Mappa). 10000/10
Nov 17, 2023 4:51 AM

Feb 2020
Ovõ mata o Mahoraga

Nov 17, 2023 4:54 AM
May 2021
is shibuya incident arch finished the fights were good but the art style was alright. that yellow haired fuck death was satisfying though.
Nov 17, 2023 5:05 AM
Oct 2023
I'm not a great fan of jujtsu kaisen but this episode and all the arc is a masterpiece
Nov 17, 2023 5:11 AM
May 2021
Crazy...................
Nov 17, 2023 5:19 AM
Sep 2023
I just love every inch of Sukuna drawn in this episode! He is so perfect here, his smirk, posture, limitless strength (sorry, Gojo for using your word lol), crazy bastard.

Why did Megumi say “sorry, Iradori”? For “killing himself”?
Nov 17, 2023 5:38 AM
Aug 2019
omg 2 eps in a row that blow my mind daaaaamn
Nov 17, 2023 5:43 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to Treyv0n
After 3 years this was fucking worth it THEY FUCKING WENT OFF WITH THE ANIMATION I MEAN DID YALL SEE VINCENT CHANSARD’S ANIMATION SCENE???? Bro went CRAZY😭😭😭😭😭😫😫😫

But Malevolent Kitchen killed me bc once I saw that I could see the “let him cook” “he cooking” memes coming out🤣

But the next episodes finna be peak after peak after peak🔥
@Treyv0n
which one was vincent chansard's scene?
Nov 17, 2023 5:59 AM
Oct 2020
This episode is EPIC!
Nov 17, 2023 6:03 AM

May 2012
So, I was all set to catch this episode on my day off, but the online hype got me curious, and I ended up watching it today after a crazy workday. And I really hate to say this and maybe because I'm just wiped, but this episode truly left me a tad underwhelmed. I kinda thought the previous episode was a bit better. This one was supposed to be the highlight, but it felt more like a regular old fight. Not sure, but it didn't hit me with that expected intensity. And I'm no animation pro, but my untrained eye caught some wonky frames and proportions that messed with the animation vibe. I didn't quite feel the emotional punch or get any wow factors in those key moments, which made it kinda unimpressive. And, oh, the opening song? Love it, but throwing it in at the end when Itadori was in that moment felt kinda off. But anyway, maybe I'm just rambling 'cause work drained me. Thinking of giving it another go when I'm not tired. It might change my perspective....hopefully.
Nov 17, 2023 6:14 AM
Nov 2023
ABSOLUTLY CRAZY EPISODE, GOTTA BE ONE OF THE BEST EVER
Nov 17, 2023 6:18 AM

May 2012
Reply to poemofdevil
Conflicted.

On one hand I liked the idea of Sukuna leaving Itadori to deal with the aftermath of all the carnage he inflicted. The scene with Itadori agonizing in that was wasteland was genuinely great.

On the other hand I couldn't make any sense of whatever the fuck was going on in that battle. It was too chaotic in a really stupid way with shit just floating in air and stuff flying all over the place. It's like MAPPA decided to just draw a bunch of shapes sort of resembling Sukuna and Mahogara doing shit really fast and called it a day. Very little that was logical there in terms of choreography. And this show really goes overboard with fight scenes like this. We just had Sukuna vs Jogo and Megumi vs Toji (to a lesser extent) do the same thing... People just flying all over the place just blowing shit up with little impact. It gets boring and less impactful if every fight now is going to be some massive city scale destruction fight. Makes me miss fight scenes like Gojo vs Hanami and Mei Mei vs the graveyard curse she fought.
@poemofdevil I totally agree. And I'm with you on the battle being a bit too chaotic. It felt like there was a lack of coherence in the choreography which makes it hard to follow and less impactful. I just feel a bit disappointed since Sukuna is one of my favorite characters. Maybe the chaotic style is just not my thing or maybe I am just so tired now that my exhausted brain cannot appreciate it's uniqueness. But so far, the level of intensity and engagement of this episode fell short for me. Still, I'm hopeful that upon a rewatch with a more refreshed mind, my perspective might change.
Jun 2021
one of the best episodes of the whole season and the whole anime, incredible arts and very similar to the manga

Jun 2013
It's not often I'm left speechless by an episode of a show like I was today.
At first, during the Sukuna fight against the Shikigami I was just trying to wrap my head around what was happening, and then by the end I was just in a stunned silence.
Especially after that brief scene with Nanami.
This is the first time I've felt like I can't wait a week for the next episode.

Wow. Just, wow.
Nov 17, 2023 6:29 AM
Jun 2007
Sukuna with domain expansion against ever adapting skill, most powerful shikigami Mahoraga summoned by Megumi
Nov 17, 2023 6:31 AM
Apr 2021
first of all
PINACLE OF ENTERTAINMENT
2nd
how did kenjaku, Mei and the others are just chilling in tge subway and not caught by this?
Nov 17, 2023 6:37 AM
Dec 2020
I thought I was unhappy with this season but tbf looking back on everything its been incredible, just like the first season. The only thing I've been unhappy with is the Grasshopper vs Yuji for obvious reasons and Yuji vs Choso because although it was visually stunning, nothing happened within the fight that sent a chill down my spine or made me think "this is really badass".

This episode, however, was terrible, I see some people saying it was amazing and I disagree entirely. Imagine how cool this episode would've been if the visuals were on par with Choso vs Yuji, the whole thing from when Megumi summoned the shikigami looked like pre-vis or a fan animation par some specific shots. When Sukuna gets sent through the train everything is just blobs, I know they were going fast but I would've appreciated some detail. Also, when Yuji starts to breakdown which was admittedly very cool and sad, why does the intro music start randomly playing? They couldn't let us enjoy the moment for a few seconds? That close up shot at the end as well was drawn weirdly, I get its the style but it just doesn't fit, the whole fight doesn't fit, when the other studio animated Yuji vs Choso at least it looked like it belonged despite it being kinda different because they wanted it super detailed.
Nov 17, 2023 6:48 AM
Aug 2021
I almost pissed myself out of sheer hype, my good this was in a level of chaos of its own, the animation bending on itself if revolted with its form, the sheer collateral damage and panic, and that closing shot on the black circle that used to be Shibuya, 10/10 the best episode of the series for me
Nov 17, 2023 6:53 AM
Sep 2021
The visuals were spectacular, enjoyed this battle, and it's animation a lot. This was an amazing arc in JJK.
Nov 17, 2023 7:00 AM

Aug 2018
the op playing at the end really just ruined all the tension the episode had built up
_______I like rocks__
Nov 17, 2023 7:10 AM
Apr 2021
If i can give this eps a 10, i will give it.
Nov 17, 2023 7:22 AM

Jun 2016
i almost fell sleep watch this episode !!!

the battle so cringe AF !!
Nov 17, 2023 7:36 AM
Oct 2019
le meilleur episode de la saison
Nov 17, 2023 7:37 AM
Feb 2022
poor animators i hope they stop getting treated like slaves
Nov 17, 2023 7:39 AM
Aug 2021
I am truly appalled poor Yuji
Nov 17, 2023 7:44 AM
Sep 2022
Qué NIVEEELLL!!! 🤩
Nov 17, 2023 7:49 AM
Feb 2020
WOW, like for real, every week the words Shibuya Incident keep changing meaning
Nov 17, 2023 8:01 AM
Jun 2021
BEST ANIME EPISODE EVER!!!
Nov 17, 2023 8:16 AM
Oct 2023
This shit got me fucked up
Nov 17, 2023 8:32 AM
Sep 2020
Mappa wtf was that !!!
WHOEVER PRODUCED JJK PLS HAVE SOME REST.
Nov 17, 2023 8:34 AM
Feb 2022
pure action this ep.
Nov 17, 2023 8:52 AM

May 2016
This was on a complete different level 10/10 jaw dropped!
Nov 17, 2023 9:05 AM
Feb 2021
This episode is truly captivating, with its exhilarating combat scenes.
Nov 17, 2023 9:07 AM
Feb 2016
A shame that the animators didn't have the time to give attention to what this episode deserved. Been that way the whole season. Maybe Anime should stop being split into seasons, so that way things like this can stop happening. I see it in Goblin Slayer right now with Season 2.

I'm dropping this and switching to the Manga. Giving it a solid 3 and heading out. Oh well.
Nov 17, 2023 9:14 AM

Jun 2015
That shikigami was so strong that the absolute monster himself was having hard time dealing with it. Whoever can control this thing will be undefeated.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 17, 2023 9:26 AM
Apr 2018
So this is a glimpse of what Sukuna can do with 15 fingers. Itadori took the responsibility and psychologically tensed I am curious to see what he will do. No idea where Gojou is now.
Nov 17, 2023 9:37 AM
Jan 2021
This is how to elevate a source material. I can't imagine how over the moon Gege must feel watching this shit.

Nov 17, 2023 9:43 AM

Jul 2012
I feel for the animators and their dogshit schedules given by Mappa but damn that was hard to watch. Painful to the eye. I wish Mappa wasn't a shitty company and let their animators work on a proper schedule so we could watch something great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2023 9:56 AM

Feb 2014
I honestly thought that the animation would calm down after how the Sukuna vs Jogo fight in episode 16 went.

Boy oh boy, that was a naive thought of me to have! XD

The whole fight between Sukuna and Mahoraga summoned from Megumi was simply chaotic in a simple sense. It showed just as well in the fighting animation as well. Some scenes did have some rough looks to it, but there was other insane sakuga moments, especially with Mahoraga getting chartwheeled into a swimming pool, that looked insane.

Even with how strong Mahoraga was, Sukuna didn't look troubled all that much and the way he killed his opponent off was brutal indeed. It was nice of him to keep Megumi safe, but I did feel satisfaction of the blond-haired guy finally getting killed off once and for all.

The most brutal moment was having Sukuna travel to one spot, overlooking the virtually destroyed Shibuya and having Yuji finally regaining control of his body and the first thing he sees is the devastation in front of him, causing him to throw up and have a complete breakdown while the OP songs plays. Not only that, but we also get a shot of the damage Nanami suffered from one of Jogo's blows just before the episode ended.

Considering the rollercoaster quality that season 2 of Jujutsu Kaisen has been on, I do worry that the next episode's quality will drop hard. I hope I'm wrong here, but nothing can be ruled out.
Nov 17, 2023 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
This was devastating. Welcome back, Itadori.

Will people who will be watching this later, survive this amount of action? Week by week is crazy enough, this anime is action- and emotional-damage-packed so much last episodes.

And, adding some more Sukuna photos to this thread inventory.

Nov 17, 2023 10:14 AM
Nov 2021
absolutely stunning animation and i really loved itadori's voice acting this episode.... if the previous episode was rated 9.6 in imdb.... this better be more than that cuz it deserves to be
Nov 17, 2023 10:21 AM

Mar 2010
I'm not sure what I just watched. It felt like a blurr.. I even tried squinting my eyes.. But damn itadori is so useless.. he should be happy sukuna defeated 2 impossible level enemies that saved his friend. He cares too much for them civilians.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 17, 2023 11:04 AM
Jul 2022
Crazy, Wild Even, Bananas If You Would Be So Inclined
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can this duo beat Sukuna?!

Reckless_weeb - Aug 30

18 by Arian65 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Nov 2, 2023

336 by UltimateListless »»
Aug 30, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Pre_Yum - Dec 28, 2023

580 by Fayred »»
Aug 29, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Favorite arc?

Diamtheroad - Aug 28

22 by stobagen »»
Aug 28, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Oct 12, 2023

287 by ionelHeredia »»
Aug 28, 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.