Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2023 11:10 AM

Jan 2019
What to say about Attack on Titan's ending?

The show was very important to me, I was obsessed with it as a teenager. It's the only manga I own physically, and I own every volume. I can't count the number of times I rewatched the first season, and season 2 is still a personal favourite of mine. And although I prefer the horror mystery of the first part of the story, I do still think it transitioned very well into a political thriller.

MAPPA taking almost three years to release "The Final Season" did kill a lot of the momentum and hype for me though. Talk about a studio with too many hot properties on their plate.

I think the ending is decent, it's not flawless nor does it retroactively ruin the entire series like some try to claim. The show had already hit amazing highs, multiple times; and sometimes an ending that doesn't quite reach those same highs but still gives you closure can be satisfactory.

I think the added and rearranged parts to Eren and Armin's conversation were a big improvement from the manga. Isayama making it very clear that Eren's an idiot given too much power and not someone cool to be idolised was necessary for all the fascist freaks with terrible media literacy. It's good that it's bittersweet and it's consistent with the themes that peace was only temporary, but the conversation between Armin and Zeke about how despite all that life is worth living to appreciate the little things is equally important.

Ymir and Mikasa is the noticeably weaker part. It's obvious that Mikasa killing Eren was always going to be the ending, it's what her whole character is building towards post-timeskip, and there's so much foreshadowing before that with the mantis imagery and even all the way back to the dream in the first manga chapter. But Ymir deciding to end the titan curse because she saw Mikasa overcome her love to kill Eren kinda comes out of nowhere and didn't have the same amount of build up and foreshadowing most other elements of the ending had.

But I'm not gonna hold it against Isayama; he had such immense expectations placed on him, stumbled a bit, but still delivered a generation-defining story and I'll always respect it as the show that got me into anime.
ForeverTraitorNov 11, 2023 5:21 PM

Nov 6, 2023 11:18 AM

May 2016
Well that's about it enjoyable watch, still didn't went towards the ending I was hoping for, nonetheless
enjoyable watch. and I'm grateful for the past 8 years that I followed the series.

Sayonara Shingeki no Kyojin.

July-2016 ~ November-2023
Nov 6, 2023 11:21 AM

May 2016
Reply to FMmatron
10 years later it's finally over. Started off phenomally and kept going strong till we've reached the ocean. From there it was a mixed bag. A shame to see it ending like this. Welp, the amount of hate AoT earns for it's ending is what comes with the immense popularity. I still kinda love this series for what it is/was and will surely rewatch the whole thing at least once.
@FMmatron
FMmatron said:
Started off phenomally and kept going strong till we've reached the ocean. From there it was a mixed bag. A shame to see it ending like this.
Imagine if it ended like that strong start it had and with faster animation, which kinda killed the momentum for most us.
Nov 6, 2023 12:00 PM

Apr 2013
So it was Code Geass all along? Certainly didn't expect Eren to pull a Lelouch in his very last moments. The credit scenes were kinda unnecessary, but basically history repeats itself and Eren will be the next worm to infect a human it seems.

So that's it, 10 years of an amazing journey came to an end. The first three seasons were peak anime, nothing but a masterpiece. The last two seasons fell off a bit, maybe because of MAPPA, but most likely simply because the plot got worse. Still, Shingeki no Kyojin will never be forgotten in the anime community. Goodbye Eren.
GatorNov 6, 2023 11:52 PM
Nov 6, 2023 12:13 PM
Apr 2022
From 2013 to 2023, the real ending finally arrives!! This might be just a near-masterpiece, but it's surely one of the best bittersweet ending in anime history!!
S2P_cinephileNov 6, 2023 1:16 PM
Nov 6, 2023 1:02 PM
Mar 2020
I'm happy enough to say that I was here from beginning to end.
So thank you, Mappa, for finishing off this beautiful world, this masterpiece.
Thank you!
Nov 6, 2023 1:05 PM
Apr 2021
A bitter sweet ending to a perfect anime.
Nov 6, 2023 1:28 PM
Dec 2022
i feel empty after finishing this peak fiction/masterpiece
Nov 6, 2023 1:56 PM
Jan 2023
rest in peace to the boy who sought freedom
Nov 6, 2023 2:56 PM
Apr 2018
Forget about Humanity, as this review based solely on Eren & Mikasa.

The ending we kinda expected. What's more I like about the end is we got to confirm Eren's feelings & Mikasa's feelings towards each other. They both wanted to be together so bad. 🥺

Best part of this last episode :
1. Conversation between Armin and Eren. Especially when Armin spoke to Eren about Mikasa.
2. Conversation between Eren & Mikasa.
3. That kiss by Mikasa when she cut off Eren's head. That was all to confirm her feelings.
4. Mikasa waited for him besides Eren's grave till her final breath & eventually got buried besides him.

Well, I wanted them to be together. But I'm happy enough that they confirmed what they feel about each other. They wanted to be together so bad, but sadly couldn't.

9/10
Nov 6, 2023 2:59 PM
Oct 2013
rip one of the goat animes for sure, thanks for the amazing years. near perfect ending imo
Nov 6, 2023 3:40 PM
Oct 2019
THE BEST ENDING TO THE BEST SHOW EVER CREATED, GOODBYE ATTACK ON TITAN.
Nov 6, 2023 3:43 PM

Sep 2010
It was decent conclusion all things considered.

Before going into this last episode I had no idea where the series could go to reach any sort of ending. But what we got wasn't too bad I guess.

I never quite liked the development post time skip, and hearing how the biggest catalyst of it all were Eren's visions of the future, didn't really help. The entire storyline wasn't terrible but it simply wasn't what I liked about the series. Then again, it's not like I was ever biggest fan of AOT anyway and it's not like the first half didn't have it's own issues.

Regardless though, AOT made it's mark in anime history with it's first season alone and anything past that was just continuation until finally reaching the ending here. But in my memories just the general impact of the first season is what I'm going to remember the most.
Nov 6, 2023 3:58 PM
Oct 2023
“No matter how much we think about something, in the end, the decision is made on how we feel.”
Nov 6, 2023 4:14 PM
Sep 2022
A good ending to a great story. I won't argue that the final arc doesn't hold up as well as previous arcs but it was a great ride. The anime made improvements on the story without drastically altering the plot. I think if i hadnt read the manga i would have enjoyed it more. Knowing the story 2 years before its airs kinda kills it.
Nov 6, 2023 4:46 PM

Aug 2022
It wasn't a good ending, It was the best ending!
Masterpiece from 0 to 100!
Nov 6, 2023 5:11 PM

May 2015
it may have flaws but the conclusion was satisfying.
Nov 6, 2023 5:31 PM
Sep 2022
this ending hits hard but I still dislike some parts of it
Nov 6, 2023 6:16 PM

Jul 2015
First episode: 8,5
Second one: 5

Yea............................................... I Dunno what that ending was , but ok, still a great story if you "ignore" the last 15 minutes
Nov 6, 2023 6:29 PM

Oct 2012
I think this was way better than the last chapter.
The pace really made all the difference, along with much needed revisions to the dialogue.
Not a great ending, but better than the first go-around in my opinion.
Nov 6, 2023 6:46 PM

Jul 2010
What a journey it’s been can’t believe it’s over. If you were expecting a happy ending you haven’t been paying attention. Still I loved the show the ending does not ruin it for me. Will miss AOT now back to the Abyss…..
Nov 6, 2023 6:47 PM

Apr 2016
I can't believe it's over....
Nov 6, 2023 6:49 PM

Aug 2019
Eren is so pathetic and stupid. He's self-aware, but not enough to do anything productive to change that. And Mikasa makes me understand why simping is a bad thing.

EDIT: Insulting the main characters aside, two of my major predictions for the end of this series was that Eren would have some Lelouch-type ending and that he would try to erase the existence of titans somehow, but neither was done in a way that exceeded my expectations - and my expectations were very low to begin with.
bucciestNov 6, 2023 9:12 PM
Nov 6, 2023 7:13 PM
Jun 2015
I remember the exact time I walked into the theaters to watch the premiere of an anime I had no knowledge of. There were no seats left, but there I was, lucky to have been given the only seat left.

Who would have thought that I would have stumbled into something that would turn into my favorite anime. Here I am, after 10 long years, having experienced it all. Greatness. Sadness. Loss. What a journey!

I spent so many hours with my friends trying to solve the mysteries of that world since the beginning. Only to come across more and more plot twist. This show holds deep meaning to my childhood and I’m glad to have experienced everything!

Thank you Hajime Isayama and Attack on Titan for all of the great memories! I give my heart ✊🏽❤️ sayonara
Nov 6, 2023 7:23 PM

Aug 2020
3.5/5

Let's all be honest here, whenever AOT was at it's peak, it was some of the best storytelling in any media period!! Isayama did his best to spread his message across and unlike ya'll, im not gonna let a minor mishap(it's arguable) at the end ruin my overall experience of the show

Overall score for AOT : 4/5
Nov 6, 2023 7:39 PM
May 2023
Clap Clap Clap, great work by MAPPA. You can see it from the psychological to the philosophical, it is not perfect but nothing is, it was a roller coaster of emotions with a sad ending
Nov 6, 2023 8:08 PM
Feb 2021
Simply beautiful.
Nov 6, 2023 8:09 PM
Feb 2021
Simply beautiful.
Nov 6, 2023 8:13 PM
Oct 2023
absolute masterpiece
Nov 6, 2023 9:06 PM
Mar 2022
best anime of all time
Nov 6, 2023 10:18 PM
Jan 2023
w epsidoe ngl gg well plyed
Nov 6, 2023 11:07 PM
Mar 2017
What a disappointment.
Nov 6, 2023 11:07 PM
Mar 2017
What a disappointment.
Nov 7, 2023 12:24 AM
Nov 2020
End of an era! I have been following AOT weekly since season 3 and was quiet annoyed that they kept pushing the finale but now that it's ended I feel sad and empty, can't wait to watch this all over again!
Nov 7, 2023 1:24 AM
May 2016
Best anime to be released as of yet.
Nov 7, 2023 1:27 AM

Sep 2020
What a fantastic ending to this awesome story. Filled with so many tertiary layers of storytelling, I have to hand it to Isayama for his ingenuity man.

Very emotional too. The voice actors really gave the characters souls. The production value was also incredible. If I am not wrong, the famous animator who did all of Levi's scenes in the previous seasons returned for the climax.

10/10
ZprotuNov 7, 2023 6:48 PM
Nov 7, 2023 2:23 AM
Aug 2018
Most overhyped garbage anime of all time LOL! How tf did this get a 9.0 rating in MAL? All that hype with the final finalest 2nd part of the final after the finale bs only to end up as a big joke of an ending. 1 season of Sousou no Frieren is already even better than the whole series (and multiple final seasons) combined.
Nov 7, 2023 2:25 AM
May 2018
worse ending of all time
Nov 7, 2023 2:49 AM
Aug 2021
I am going to cry. Please do not disturb me.
Nov 7, 2023 3:02 AM

Jan 2017
See you later, Eren.

I cried a river watching this...and when I'd rewatch this again some time soon, I think I'll cry a river again. Still wishing for Eren to have lived and for him and Mikasa to get married and have kids (I'll cry in a corner again...)
Nov 7, 2023 4:11 AM

Apr 2023
The first half was pretty good! The peak animation made me jump out of my chair 3 times during the first 20mins lmaoo. Tbh i didn't expect to cry when Mikasa cut off Eren's head, I cried harder when she kissed him. Istg I've never ever everr seen a more romantic kiss. (Its gonna hurt as long as i live)

As stupid as it seems, i really did not want Eren to die. (SUCH AN AWESOME GUY HE WAS)
My lil boy was just tryna get freedom ..
Nov 7, 2023 4:14 AM
Nov 2023
I couldnt imagine an ending better than this, thank you mappa wit everyone at the animation production, thank you Sir hajime isayama, the final episode displayed eren's original character one last time before the end...... Masterpiece just watch it.
Nov 7, 2023 4:26 AM
Aug 2023
Great wrap up to the series. Legitimately carving its name as one of the greatest pieces of fiction ever.
Nov 7, 2023 5:18 AM
May 2020
hueuhuehueheueheu
Nov 7, 2023 5:37 AM
Oct 2022
AOT is a masterpiece
Nov 7, 2023 7:50 AM
Aug 2023
A perfect ending for a perfect anime. The series may be over, but I will not be forgetting it for as long as I live. The anime really improved Eren's characterization, and every interaction between the characters are so masterfully done. The animation is spectacular, the soundtracking, especially the callbacks to earlier seasons, is so well done.
Nov 7, 2023 7:50 AM
Dec 2018
What a perfect conclusion to the greatest story of a tragic hero, Eren Yaeger.
Nov 7, 2023 8:36 AM
Apr 2021
An ending to a masterpiece. Fitting for a grim story.
Nov 7, 2023 8:49 AM

Apr 2008
School days level
Nov 7, 2023 9:19 AM
Sep 2023
It really is the end of an era. Even if the ending ruined the whole story for me, AOT would remain one of the best pieces of fiction ever.

The extended convo between Eren and Armin makes the whole thing more solid and finally SOMEONE mentioned that Armin showing Eren that book is what started it all.

I really didn't like Ymir's motivation as well.
I was thinking he wanted it to mean that Ymir was simply stuck as a slave to King Fritz, and died a slave (and death is permanent so...). Tbh I don't know how to defend this.

The relation between this and Eren and Mikasa is also unbelievable. Does Mikasa killing her lover a.k.a the Founding Titan a.k.a Eren Jaeger help end Ymir's love for the royal family because Ymir and Mikasa are the same?? Does it mean Eren is just as wicked to Mikasa as the first king? Or does it mean Mikasa was Eren's slave and technically had Stockholm's syndrome just like Ymir?
Sigh.

Anywho, the music was on point and the Linked Horizon song at the end almost got me crying I haven't done that in a while . I prefer the anime ending to the manga (even though it's technically the same).

Personal opinion: MAPPA should have dropped the name of Founding Titan Eren's hair conditioner because what the?
Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
Robert A. Heinlein (Stranger in a Strange Land)
Pages (31) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » King Floch's Birthday🥳

Ba-Cii10 - Oct 7

41 by Dumb »»
Oct 14, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1049 by AnimeBinger6969 »»
Sep 21, 11:44 PM

Poll: » did eren died a...

removed-user - Aug 12

2 by asdewqw3erfgt »»
Aug 30, 4:20 AM

» Recap (?) Movie

tsubasalover - Aug 17

18 by thunderkitten13 »»
Aug 18, 8:42 AM

» One of the Ending’s Biggest Issues for Me (Spoiler Alert).

no_comparisonBM - Aug 1

43 by Anime_4_life227 »»
Aug 12, 2:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.