Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 17, 2023 10:05 AM
Mar 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Reality dating shows are fucking disgusting, but then again there are people out there who love to see a bunch of individuals act all cringe between them. Thus the reason these things still exist. Anyways to the focus right now, seems like the thing Aqua and other good-for-nothing highschoolers are working on is becoming a fan-favourite. Reason you ask? Well, a few cute girls and some slim-shady ikemen are putting up a good lovey-dovey act to ensure those school going kids keep up the views count.   

But hey among those good-for-nothing, there’s a certain someone who shouldn’t be put in this bracket, and that is Akane. Girl is giving it her all, but since she couldn’t put up a “CUTE-GIRL” act like the one in the spotlight, Sumi, she’s literally a ghost on the set. Fans aren’t pleased with her, her agency wants her to drop out from the show and most of all she isn’t content with her own work at all. Not hard to guess, the cumulative effect of these things were enough to push her over the edge, and then THAT happened. An unfortunate and unintentional accident. 

Though Akane and Sumi reconciled, that incident of her attacking Sumi flamed the fans all over the internet. She became a target of online harassment, just the kind of usual occurrence in this day and age. No matter how strong mentally you are, these kinds of things do get people down, as there’s no way to take a break from the internet these days, so you’re just trapped.

Those people who put Akane in that miserable state, to the point where she was about to take her own life… well these are those very same people who can’t even properly state their name in front of two individuals, heck can’t even converse like a normal human but hey keyboard masters all the way. FUCK them, but good thing Aqua arrived at the right time.

I agree I'm so happy aqua came when he did
May 17, 2023 10:06 AM

Apr 2023
The part when Akane starts getting flamed still makes me feel sick after all, thankfully Aqua was there to save her! I can't wait for when it gets better

May 17, 2023 10:06 AM
Mar 2021
CQLLIST said:
Honestly, fuck Twitter, but I use it anyways!

I feel the same,twitter is a mess but I can't seem to delete it 😂
May 17, 2023 10:08 AM
Dec 2014
Farabeuf said:
Still very pleased that this story doesn't sugarcoat the enormous pressure these young people are under. Ruthless pressure from sick loser fans and management alike. Poor Akane.

That said. I ask myself, Is she important to the overarching plot? Is she relevant as to finding out who the father/murderer is?

Yes she is relevant and she is the BEST girl.
May 17, 2023 10:13 AM
Feb 2022
Just hits too hard!
May 17, 2023 10:15 AM
Apr 2021
It was a very sad episode.....Felt really bad for Akane at the last scene tears came out from my eyes seeing that...She was trying her best everyday in her own way but still some people online just know to meddle in someone's else's life without any thought that how they might feel and that was too much criticism for a character to handle even in real life it could break down anyone....Thanks to Aqua for saving Akane at the end
May 17, 2023 10:19 AM
Feb 2021
I cried. I remembered my past self in Akane before I became who I am now. I was such a hardworking and people pleaser person till I had my awakening where I no longer care about anything except for those that I love. I became effortless yet I do everything with my best. I stopped doing everything all at once anymore, I just do what I can. And what matters is I believe in myself.
May 17, 2023 10:23 AM
Jan 2019
dem thank you aqua
May 17, 2023 10:28 AM
Jun 2022
it was a very good episode and a sad truth about the internet and aqua came at perfect time loved it
May 17, 2023 10:29 AM

Mar 2010
Self deletion is usually the last resort, she didn't really hit rock bottom yet. As they say privilage is blind to those who have them.

Akane just merely read up on social media more than she should have. Idk da fauck she was thinking when she was given good advice from other actual ecelebs and yet self punishes herself da fauck lolz

But yea blonde lad found a good pawn.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 17, 2023 10:31 AM
Feb 2021
Even though I read the manga and knew it already, I still got emotional... Second damn time this anime got sand in my eyes... damn it!
May 17, 2023 10:31 AM
Jan 2022
joya joya joya joya
May 17, 2023 10:34 AM
Nov 2018
Now how the hell did Aqua know where Akane was going to be? Also, why didn't any of the other cast members physically checkup on her? This episode was a little too real because I've seen idols get bullied into suicide especially because their company doesn't take care of them. There's been too many happening in the k-pop industry but one I specifically remember was Sulli from f(x). This episode really knows how to hit your emotions. 10/10 episode
May 17, 2023 10:35 AM
Jul 2019
Didn't expect the end, the uneasiness was wonderfully portrayed, the bg sounds and music, the animation made everything off putting and suddenly I went into oh shit mode when I realized something was wrong. ALSO the merge into the ending song was just spectacular, I'm annoyed I can't watch the next ep rn haha
May 17, 2023 10:36 AM

May 2021
Around the 12 or 14 min mark, I remembered some of what had happened in the manga and the episode became so much harder to watch. But good nonetheless. Very good.

May 17, 2023 10:37 AM
Mar 2023
Aqua best boy, he looks out for other people and reads them.
May 17, 2023 10:39 AM

Oct 2014
At first I was kinda skeptical about how Akane was seemingly looking fine.
Then comes the last few minutes of the show.

May 17, 2023 10:40 AM

Jul 2021
waiting to see the ratings go up again lol

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 17, 2023 10:41 AM

Apr 2019
This episode was so good. Doga Kobo is really doing justice to this manga. The beautiful direction and music combined with Aka Akasaka's brilliant depiction of the brutality of social media made this episode one of the best I have seen in recent anime. The fact that this episode is based on a real story makes it all the more terrifying.

Overall episode rating:-5/5.
May 17, 2023 10:41 AM
Nov 2018
Enel- said:
This is a really difficult episode to watch. An incredibly well done episode, but a difficult episode to watch nonetheless. You could feel the increasing dread of Akane throughout the second half of the episode and each new social media post shown just felt like another gut punch. Even knowing I'm just watching an anime character I felt like I desperately wanted to tell her or just wanted someone to tell her it was going to be okay and that people care about her. Genuinely thankful for Aqua at the end being able to stop her from committing suicide.

It hits even harder when the events of this episode were likely based on the true story of Kimura Hana who unfortunately did not have someone to save her. It's so easy to be relentlessly rude and derogatory behind an online shield where you can't see the reaction of the person being targeted. It's even easier to fall into the trap of thinking your post won't be the difference maker for a potential tragic event like this, but the combined backlash of negativity can feel like too much to bear sometimes. Please be mindful of the things you post online.

Didn't know this was based on a real person and I lowkey had to look her up to see what happened. The extremely sad thing is that I can apply this to other celebrities as well, especially in the K-pop industry. There was a singer by the name of Sulli who constantly got bullied online to the point where she sadly took her own life. I honestly wonder how or if the idol industry will respond to this because while it's true, it's definitely not making them look good.
May 17, 2023 10:45 AM

Jan 2021
Yuki showing off her acting skills and almost made others think that she'll quit the industry. Mem-cho treating everyone to a meal. Ruby jealous because she couldn't go or something. Ruby hating the soft drink and wanting to tweet about it but that would be a bad idea.

The main stage light was focused on Akane this episode and how she deals with not getting a lot of air-time in shows, even to the point of the boss or whatever lashing out on the manager and Akane even apologizing and telling that she'll do better. Yuki being a total ass towards Akane when applying the thing for nails, and then being friendly with her when she got scratched in the face? Also if they weren't filming, how come the whole Twitter knew about the scratch on Yuki's face? weird. Akane accidentally scratching Yuki's face and the whole Twitter page goes after Akane for just a scratch and that's a lot to deal with for Akane, she still wants to fight hard while getting all those negative criticism on her. Ofcourse the gossips begin around school also and its a lot to take for her, she's sick of it. Her mom is concerned but she doesn't want to put her mom through all the stress. The negativity became so bad that Akane had enough of it and only found one solution do it, is to stop thinking and jumping off the bridge onto the highway (DON'T do this btw, seek help), luckily Aqua was there to catch her on time. How the tables turned this episode, wow.

Btw this is random but I love how the show uses real social media names like TikTok, YouTube or Twitter.

Don't give up and stay strong.
__andre__May 17, 2023 11:03 AM
May 17, 2023 10:47 AM
Aug 2016
A said:
V1P3R0P

Oh wow, this was a tragic story. Thanks for sharing!
May 17, 2023 10:51 AM
Dec 2022
I liked the whole episode but would have given it a five if Aqua was shown more in the episode.
May 17, 2023 10:51 AM
Aug 2022
The reality of hate on the internet and its impact was very good.
May 17, 2023 10:54 AM

Aug 2009
__andre__ said:
Yuki showing off her acting skills and almost made others think that she'll quit the industry. Mem-cho treating everyone to a meal. Ruby jealous because she couldn't go or something. Ruby hating the soft drink and wanting to tweet about it but that would be a bad idea.

The main stage light was focused on Akane this episode and how she deals with not getting a lot of air-time in shows, even to the point of the boss or whatever lashing out on the manager and Akane even apologizing and telling that she'll do better. Yuki being a total ass towards Akane and then being friendly with her? bruh. 
How was Yuki being a total ass? She only said to her that she will do her best as well to not be outshined by Akane's efforts. 
May 17, 2023 10:56 AM
May 2023
I feel like this episode was only about one person who isn't really important to the plot...
May 17, 2023 10:56 AM

Mar 2021
Another extremely well done episode. Entertaining and emotional. I think I agree with the sentiment that this was the most impactful episode since the first. (And even then, it is kind of an unfair comparison since Ai's fate in Episode 1 had 70+ minutes of build up to that point; making us care so much about Akane despite he her lack of screen time up until now was truly impressive.)
May 17, 2023 10:58 AM
Mar 2021
This episode tackled how the internet can be really harmful to influencers/anyone with a following.
This was probably the best episode yet.

Jan 2021
ssjokg said:
__andre__ said:

The main stage light was focused on Akane this episode and how she deals with not getting a lot of air-time in shows, even to the point of the boss or whatever lashing out on the manager and Akane even apologizing and telling that she'll do better. Yuki being a total ass towards Akane and then being friendly with her? bruh. 
How was Yuki being a total ass? She only said to her that she will do her best as well to not be outshined by Akane's efforts. 

Read again. I said that Yuki was being a total ass when she applied the thing for the nails and then afterwards when Yuki got scratched in the face she was being friendly with Akane.

Here I edited it for you specifically.
__andre__May 17, 2023 11:03 AM
Aug 2018
I didn't like Akane from the mangas too but damn Anime Aqua save it all at the end
Jan 2021
Best episode so far
Jan 2023
I'm a mangareader I was waiting for this episode for so long...I was worried how they gonna animate it but they nailed it...with ending disclaimer best episode
May 17, 2023 10:59 AM

May 2015
Best episode since the first. Akane is incredible.
May 17, 2023 11:00 AM

Jul 2010
I though she could think do this but, idk, for a moment I thinked the show could break so I did remember the prologue e know, they could do this now for impact and make young think better the shit they does on internet.

Pedrada!

May 17, 2023 11:01 AM
Dec 2022
I already don't like akane.
May 17, 2023 11:02 AM
Mar 2023
amazing, just amazing
May 17, 2023 11:03 AM

Oct 2019
i don't think I have ever seen a more real representation of internet in any other piece of media. shit like this is the internet at it's worst, and this was the first time I saw it be depicted this well...

and because of that very fact.... it hit like a truck..... holy shit..... I was this close to bursting into tears at the end....
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 17, 2023 11:04 AM

Aug 2009
__andre__ said:
ssjokg said:

Read again. I said that Yuki was being a total ass when she applied the thing for the nails and then afterwards when Yuki got scratched in the face she was being friendly with Akane.
And I am referring to the same scene. 

She asked her how she was, did her nails and told her she would do her best as well. How is she a total ass? 

She acts friendly with her later because she IS a friendly person. Their job is quite literally looking good and selling a lie and Yuki simply told her she would be better.  
May 17, 2023 11:05 AM
Apr 2023
The last 3 episodes always has a goosebumps moment at the very end. I don't remember the earlier episodes except the legendary episode 1. That is also probably why it was movie-length long. To give goosebumps at the end.
May 17, 2023 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
Akane really had it rough this episode because of that misunderstanding with Yuki. Just all kinds of fucked up how the producers pushed a certain narrative for ratings even after the 2 girls made up and there was no bad blood between them. 

This episode did a good job of portraying just how much of a toxic cesspool the shithole known as Twitter truly is. People really get brave online behind the shield of anonymity. Pathetic. Again, hope the ratings were worth it because it almost cost the life of one of your cast members. Thankfully Aqua was at the right place at the right time. Also I'm glad they included the suicide hotline info at the end. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 17, 2023 11:07 AM
Mar 2021
I have now ords..The message at the end....

This anime CARES!
May 17, 2023 11:09 AM

Jul 2020
This was really hard to watch, pretty much showcasing how much social media can weigh down your mental health and happiness and pretty much how your reputation to crumble in the span of a few hours literally from 1 clip, how apologising online does absolutely nothing and if anything makes the wildfire spread even more, The beautiful art and direction in this episode is absolutely impeccable, honestly better than episode 1, and perfectly captures how social media (or basically twitter) can be an absolute cesspool, all of this happening to akane just make me so sad but so angry and frustrated.

Idk if i like this episode more than episode 1, but this is comfortably the best one SINCE episode 1 for me, and the anime suicide hotline at the end of it was very thoughtful and considerate, extremely heavy episode but so fucking good.
May 17, 2023 11:10 AM
Sep 2022
Farabeuf said:
Still very pleased that this story doesn't sugarcoat the enormous pressure these young people are under. Ruthless pressure from sick loser fans and management alike. Poor Akane.

That said. I ask myself, Is she important to the overarching plot? Is she relevant as to finding out who the father/murderer is?

agreed & IMAO Oshi no Ko is intended to uncover some facts of this entertainment industry and this episode serves this purpose as well as Ai’s story. Or maybe Akane plays some role in the process of finding Aqua’s father and this episode paves the way.(not a manga reader)
haosuApr 7, 9:28 AM
May 17, 2023 11:13 AM
Jul 2020
It´s hard to look to what happens to Akane, it's true that whe behave like animals on the internet, truly horrible,
May 17, 2023 11:13 AM

Jan 2021
ssjokg said:
__andre__ said:

And I am referring to the same scene. 

She asked her how she was, did her nails and told her she would do her best as well. How is she a total ass? 

She acts friendly with her later because she IS a friendly person. Their job is quite literally looking good and selling a lie and Yuki simply told her she would be better.  

She made it look like she wants to stand on top of everyone else and let look everyone else badly. Yuki can be a friendly person sure, but for how long? Also if your job is to sell lies then that's kinda crazy but alright ig.
May 17, 2023 11:14 AM
Jun 2019
This anime never disappoints me. F***ing great!
May 17, 2023 11:14 AM
Apr 2021
Aqua is going to flip the entire Dating show in its last few eps & make it like a cliffhanger.
May 17, 2023 11:15 AM
Feb 2022
yea this show is just wow
May 17, 2023 11:19 AM
Jun 2015
absolutely amazing, on par or even more gut wrenching against ep 1.
May 17, 2023 11:19 AM
Jun 2017
Masterpiece again.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

699 by Satoshi17 »»
Yesterday, 11:06 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

473 by Satoshi17 »»
Jul 25, 6:55 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2023

862 by Satoshi17 »»
Jul 25, 6:24 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2701 by Satoshi17 »»
Jul 25, 5:04 PM

» Starting the ending song before the credits roll is OP

ghoulcustomer - Jul 23

22 by Laplace_kun »»
Jul 24, 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.