Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 14, 2023 9:56 PM

Jul 2021
Among the animes in the poll which you've watched, which ones are great in terms of character development, growth and showcasing the lives of them in such a way that you get immersed into their world? Even the story is such that you're sucked into their world.

The latest example of an anime which I thought was like this is Toradora, there were many characters, even the side characters were pretty great. The main characters were explored pretty well and one could understand what kind of person they were and why they are acting like that etc., even the side characters had good growth and developments. The story also went at an acceptable pace with plenty of good drama. I was immersed into the Toradora world by the time I even completed episode 10. It was pretty damn fun.

So what's an anime like this from the poll? I'm not exactly looking for an anime like Toradora, it doesn't have to be romcom, just took its example to show what I'm looking for in the anime.

By the way, the animes I've listed in the poll are the ones I think come close to what I've described above, I've no way of knowing as I haven't watched any of these yet so only you guys can help me here.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 14, 2023 10:02 PM

Sep 2020
I’ve only watched Adachi to shimamura, Chihayafuru, Tomozaki, and Hibike euphonium from this list, and my favorite is definitely Hibike euphonium, the story, music, visuals, etc are just so good.
May 14, 2023 10:03 PM

Feb 2020
From this list, I'll choose Chihayafuru and Adachi to Shimamura.
May 14, 2023 10:36 PM

Jun 2019
The only series I've actually seen from this list is Houseki no Kuni and while I thought they did decently in terms of progression and development and the characters were okay, I still thought they and much about it was underdeveloped in general because there simply wasn't nearly enough time within a 12 episode span to tell what I can only infer from glimpses and rushed interpretations of is ultimately a slowly unwinding sprawling epic.

I actually think they did a better job of portraying that sense of longing and melancholy outside of people's sentiments alone and best embodied and reflected in nature and changing of seasons, alteration of the landscape, etc. with the passage of time than they did with the characters themselves.
May 14, 2023 10:57 PM

Sep 2010
I also first thought of Toradora when I read that description. I haven't seen much on that list but from the ones I've seen I'd say Hibike Euphorium has great characters and does a very good job on character growth.
May 15, 2023 12:20 AM

Aug 2020
Damn, i haven't seen any of these. Not only that, less than 1/3 of them are in my PTW.

Guess i'm still a newbie..
May 15, 2023 12:55 AM

May 2019
The poll result is surprisingly accurate so far. Hibike all the way.

May 15, 2023 1:51 AM

Jul 2021
One thing I want to highlight is that, Toradora is a complete story with a satisfying conclusion. Whereas all the ones in the poll (at least the ones I know) have abrupt endings. They're incomplete adaptations that are only meant to promote the source material. So, there's a high change you might not enjoy any of these as much as you did with Toradora.

(Long comment about opinions incoming).

Regardless, all anime I've watched in the poll (Yona, Chihayafuru, Hibike!, Houseki and Koi wa) are pretty solid Anime.
1. "Yona" leaves some of its interesting bits like Soo-won political conflict which I think was more interesting than all the supernatural conflict, but it still got romance, drama and world to be entertained with.
2. Chihayafuru, for now, has 75 episodes split in 3 seasons, but still incomplete story. I've watched S1 and I really liked it. Characters are endearing, introduces to a new sport, art and animation are also equally adorable.
3. Hibike! is, imo, one of the best music Anime. There are a shit ton of characters, and while not everyone gets the same level of attention as Reina and Kumiko, it still makes the characters lovable and relatable.
4. You probably heard "Houseki" as one of the few good looking full 3D Anime, and it definitely lives up to it. The world is well thought out, got an extremely tragic story unfolding for a main character, and it looks beautiful.
5. "Koi wa Ameagari" is a bit controversial as it is about the romance between a 17 year old high school girl and 45 year old widower. The show does a fair job at not making things creepy and also pulls you into the headspace of this young girl who's hopelessly in love with this old man. But it has much to be desired and the premise itself looses viewers but it definitely got heart; and also Studio WiT and their gorgeous visuals.

So, yeah. That's it.
May 15, 2023 2:05 AM
Jul 2018
Hibike and Houseki no Kuni would be my picks.
May 15, 2023 4:34 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I've seen all of them except koikimo and bokura GA ita

May 17, 2023 2:57 AM

Jul 2021
thanks to everyone who voted and posted about hibike. i watched it and i think its an absolute gem of an anime. loved it thoroughly. can't wait for next year when season 3 drops.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

May 17, 2023 3:07 AM

Jul 2022
Under the bridge forever baby!         
May 17, 2023 3:37 AM

Aug 2020
HIBIKE! EUPHONIUM above all!! Second season arcs are great.

May 17, 2023 4:52 AM
Jul 2020
Hōseki no Kuni is beautiful to look at. I would like to journey more with the cast, especially the protagonist.
May 17, 2023 5:36 AM

Jul 2021
Am I the only one that liked KoiKimo? :(
It was great, the characters actually resolve most issues just by talking.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 17, 2023 6:25 AM

Mar 2021
Houseki no kuni sweep
Read the damn manga also

More topics from this board

» Anime of the Season

Raajdeep - 10 hours ago

26 by Alpha-Nine »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you think male ecchi for men could work as a concept?

Anjuro - 11 hours ago

29 by SuperAdventure »»
18 minutes ago

» Isekais that you think are actually good and why

IpreferEcchi - Sep 16

43 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
22 minutes ago

» Anime with least plotholes

JoeChip - 10 hours ago

10 by Sheol01 »»
27 minutes ago

» As a 10+ year otaku veteran you' tend to watch less anime, but consume otaku related things through other means like manga, seiyuus, Pixiv, doujinshi, etc. I am right now at that phase.

KiraraFan - Yesterday

27 by _ATG_ »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.