Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 30, 2023 6:29 AM
Dec 2021
For starters, I had already read the manga, so that's why I watched the anime. But, I've realized that it has become a lot more popular than I expected. So for anime onlys, why did you watch the show, was there something that drew you to it? I'm genuinely interested.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 30, 2023 6:37 AM

Jul 2022
Well, the source material is from Aka Akasaka (Kaguya-sama)
Apr 30, 2023 6:39 AM
Jul 2020
There's a several thread with the same title as this. Go find them. You're welcome.
Apr 30, 2023 6:39 AM
Oct 2022
friends recommend.. & 'cause of Ai! & of course gud animation
Apr 30, 2023 6:42 AM
Apr 2023
"Oshi no Ko" is highly anticipated for several reasons. First, it is based on a manga by Aka Akasaka, who is known for creating the popular series "Kaguya-sama: Love is War." Second, the anime is being produced by the animation studio CloverWorks, which has a reputation for producing high-quality anime. Third, the story of "Oshi no Ko" revolves around the entertainment industry and the relationships between idols and their fans, which is a popular theme in Japanese pop culture. Finally, the anime has a unique premise in which a male fan becomes the manager of his favorite female idol, which promises to offer an interesting perspective on the idol industry.
Apr 30, 2023 6:44 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Heard good things about the manga, knew it was from the same guy that’s behind kaguya, the premise seemed cool, the trailer looked great, doga kobo is a very competent studio and of course the fact that the first episode was basically a movie that received instant and widespread acclaim.

So... it had virtually everything going for it.
Apr 30, 2023 6:46 AM
Apr 2023
what drew me to it honestly is the manga and how hyped it was by fans , but it kinda deminished in quality after the first episode but keep going u know
Apr 30, 2023 6:57 AM
Sep 2022
TASM18 said:
For starters, I had already read the manga, so that's why I watched the anime. But, I've realized that it has become a lot more popular than I expected. So for anime onlys, why did you watch the show, was there something that drew you to it? I'm genuinely interested.

points that attracted me a person who didn't read the manga is:
1) a awesome animation (art work is so smooth that attracts the viewers)
2) duration of the first episode with a tons of twists and cliff hangers
3) story progress is not boring and more realistic
4) the MC's revenge want me to watch it with excitement
5) lastly the way many people are supporting this anime with the same interest as me want me to keep continuing watching this anime
Apr 30, 2023 7:04 AM
Feb 2022
For me it has nothing to do with mangaka being popular as a kaguya sama love is war's writer, tbh i am reading the manga and i like how this story shows how stupid most of the people are online and how they criticize idols and actors literally for no reason with revenge twist and they also have a psychopath as antagonist, i like how author explained how bullshit people can become when they found out that their favourite idol dating someone, it's a mixture of reality and fiction, thier are some side characters (like kana, akane, mem-cho etc) that are very well written, as well as what's happening in industry about assistant director and how they get permission for adaption of manga and many for things, most of the people already know about these things but it's amazing how the writer combined everything together.

Apr 30, 2023 7:17 AM
Jul 2021
Onistream said:
"Oshi no Ko" is highly anticipated for several reasons. First, it is based on a manga by Aka Akasaka, who is known for creating the popular series "Kaguya-sama: Love is War." Second, the anime is being produced by the animation studio CloverWorks, which has a reputation for producing high-quality anime. Third, the story of "Oshi no Ko" revolves around the entertainment industry and the relationships between idols and their fans, which is a popular theme in Japanese pop culture. Finally, the anime has a unique premise in which a male fan becomes the manager of his favorite female idol, which promises to offer an interesting perspective on the idol industry.

this is made with chatgpt
Apr 30, 2023 7:19 AM
Jun 2022
I only began to watch it after it became 1# and I've read the kaguya-sama manga which I really enjoyed. So you could say it's because it's just good.
Apr 30, 2023 7:19 AM
Apr 2023
Cause it has a cute girl in it who died tragically but give birth to a twin of cute girl and cool boy. there are also other cute girls. Plus its op & ed songs are good, animation is also top tire. Good plot with slightly comedy. So yea I think thats enough reason for it to be popular
Apr 30, 2023 7:51 AM

Jun 2022
since i was only watching demon slayer in this season, i've started to search for a seasonal anime to watch. demon slayer and oshi no ko are currently on the top 2 in this season, i was curious abt the hype and wanted to participate in the profile badge event so i decided to watch it. it was worthy of my time in every way, i will probably score it with a 9 out of 10 ^^
misaxgMay 8, 2023 9:50 AM
Apr 30, 2023 7:58 AM

Jan 2021
Onistream said:

cloverworks isnt animating oshi no ko, what crack you smokin
Read the visual novel nerd
Apr 30, 2023 8:04 AM
Jul 2020
i think the two biggest things that caught the attention of the general mass were the author being Aka Akasaka and the fact that the 1st episode was 1½hr length which had a screening event which led to misinformation of the episode releasing on march 17th

so basically it's hype period was around 20 days and obviously the when the actual episode dropped it was just too good
Apr 30, 2023 8:10 AM

Apr 2019
Their are quite a few reasons of this shows popularity. Some of them being:-
1) The name recognition of Kaguya Sama's author. A second work of a super popular mangaka is bound to have atleast some kind of hype behind it.

2) Star Eyed Waifu in posters:- The posters and trailers were full of Ai as the star eyed Waifu. The show looked visually pleasing. Anime fans love their waifus so it attracted a lot of people because of its aesthetics.

3) Movie Length first episode:- The first episode was a great hook to the show. It served as a prologue to the rest of the show. Watching it was equivalent to watching a movie with twist, turns and a conclusive ending . If the first episode was split into 3-4 episodes than it wouldn't have achieved the kind of hype that it did.

4) Shock Value:- No anime only expected Ai to die in the first episode itself, given how much she was on the promotional material so it came as a surprise that she was killed in the prologue itself.

5) Simple Story structure:- The show has a very simple and easy to understand storyline. The MC wants to avenge his mom while moving up in the acting industry. It means that it has more people who could enjoy it. Well done revenge stories are always popular among masses.

6) Good Production Values:- The show is well directed and well animated. The OST's of this show are great as well.

These are the reasons why I think the first episode got this popular.
Apr 30, 2023 8:27 AM
Oct 2013
I originally had no interest in it, and then I saw it start popping up on several YT react channels so I figured I should at least check it out.   For me the ending of the 1st ep clinched it because I thought it was gonna be about an idol raising reincarnated twins, but that twist at the end of ep 1 took it in a whole different direction than I expected.  Also in some ways it gives me Skip Beat vibes, meaning the real behind the scenes parts of the entertainment industry.  That's what I like about this anime.
Apr 30, 2023 8:31 AM
Apr 2022
I don't really watch anime about idols (I thought at first that this anime is just another musical), but those eyes with stars took me in. I was ready to give this anime a try mainly because of eyes and art style. Best decision I've made this spring so far.
Apr 30, 2023 8:32 AM
Apr 2022
Nagaria2o said:
I don't really watch anime about idols (I thought at first that this anime is just another musical), but those eyes with stars took me in. I was ready to give this anime a try mainly because of eyes and art style. Best decision I've made this spring so far.

And that was before the commotion or I have successfully avoided it.
Apr 30, 2023 8:47 AM
Sep 2022
as a manga reader I think because of the well written characters and the great story building, the prologue was something we needed you can say long time to see a good start for an anime.
Apr 30, 2023 8:51 AM
Dec 2021
I wanted to read the manga for 4 months but didn't have the courage to start it
so when i saw that it was getting an anime i was super excited to watch it
I will read it's manga after the anime stops now
Apr 30, 2023 8:51 AM
Dec 2021
I wanted to read the manga for 4 months but didn't have the courage to start it
so when i saw that it was getting an anime i was super excited to watch it
I will read it's manga after the anime stops now
Apr 30, 2023 9:07 AM
Dec 2021
Thanks for all you guy's comments! You all were super helpful!
Apr 30, 2023 9:07 AM

Jan 2021
It is a weird one. The first 10 chapters are kinda of below average. Then you fall in love with the manga and re read those early chapters again, again and again trying to get some clues.

It is very well executed in subtle ways. It sacrifices the beginning for us to be able to accept the main character flaws for instance.

The mature view of aqua really helps to set him apart from the teens and accentuate the industry flaws.

Overall, it is a more mature series, in which you need some patience to really appreciate the content.

It is hard to put it in words but somehow it grab you by the feels because how human the characters are... maybe is just that the average manga these days is just too generic and reliant on safe tropes.

Also Mengo’s Art is very good.
Apr 30, 2023 9:24 AM
Oct 2021
TASM18 said:

New generation anime fans (ppl who like BTS) likes shiny/glowing looking staff so yeah there you have your answer. for me it's overrated asf. Give it some time and it will drop like crazy.
Apr 30, 2023 9:28 AM
Apr 2023
space_x_dragon said:
TASM18 said:

New generation anime fans (ppl who like BTS) likes shiny/glowing looking staff so yeah there you have your answer. for me it's overrated asf. Give it some time and it will drop like crazy.
You say that but you rated it 8 though.
Apr 30, 2023 9:31 AM
Oct 2021
Lokopopo said:
space_x_dragon said:

You say that but you rated it 8 though.

yeah that's because of the ep1, the ratings will change after the season ends.
Apr 30, 2023 9:58 AM
Feb 2023
TASM18 said:

Well it’s tied for first right now and I think it’s because the first episode was on of the best. The score will go down bc the rest of the show isn’t perfect but that’s why
Apr 30, 2023 10:01 AM
Mar 2023
This must be 68265372873rd thread about popularity, overhyped, overrated etc. Just damn scroll on Forum through Oshi No Ko Anime Entry, and respectfully, STFU!!!.
Apr 30, 2023 10:17 AM

Aug 2014
It looked interesting so I gave it a try and ended up enjoying the first episodes. Also, opening slaps.
Apr 30, 2023 10:21 AM
Dec 2019
TASM18 said:

I never heard of it before, I saw it was something upcoming so I added it to my plan to watch and with a phenomenal first episode, Legendary opening, and good story so far, nothing drew me to watch this anime but what it does is what’s making me want more. This and Tokyo revengers are the only anime that were so good that and me read the manga after watching 1 episode from each anime respectively.
Apr 30, 2023 10:23 AM
Dec 2019
percobaan1 said:
This must be 68265372873rd thread about popularity, overhyped, overrated etc. Just damn scroll on Forum through Oshi No Ko Anime Entry, and respectfully, STFU!!!.

Go touch grass, you been on the internet a little too long there my dude 😂
Apr 30, 2023 10:25 AM
Mar 2012
because it's good
Apr 30, 2023 11:54 AM
Jul 2022
Aka Akasaka, the author of Kaguya Sama is also the author of this series. That makes this series so much popular. But if that wasn't enough, the ep 1 was literally amazing. Got #1 spot on MAL and other sites, trending on twitter and many other platforms. So obviously the series will get more and more attention.
Apr 30, 2023 12:22 PM

May 2018
Because its better than FMAB which is overrated

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Apr 30, 2023 1:20 PM
Oct 2019
I can't see the hype of this yet.
Apr 30, 2023 4:51 PM
Feb 2016
It's not popular, it's popularity ranking is 539. That means there are 538 other anime that are more popular.
Apr 30, 2023 5:06 PM
Apr 2013
There was literally 1 or more posts about it every single day, people wouldn't shut up about it and I stomached the entire first ep.

Now I'm in this state where it's not bad enough to drop, but so far ep 2 and 3 have been way worse than ep 1.

As for the series? flashy advertising probably, and stuff like that, hooked a bunch of people and then who knows. It does seem to be veeerrryyy sloowly dropping off in popularity though, but it's probably still (going to be) the most popular of this season (unless it plummets so far that it falls behind gundam)
Apr 30, 2023 5:37 PM

Jan 2021
Because of our lord and savior Hoshino Ai. She may be dead, but consider that remaining true to the character.

Apr 30, 2023 5:41 PM

Oct 2018
Onistream said:
CloverWorks? Seriously dude?

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Apr 30, 2023 5:44 PM

Oct 2018
percobaan1 said:
Please refrain from using the internet and MAL. We have a deranged MAL user, folks. Go touch some grass.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Apr 30, 2023 6:02 PM
Mar 2023
INTJ_Ren said:
percobaan1 said:

OK, thanks for advice
Apr 30, 2023 6:04 PM
Dec 2019
percobaan1 said:
INTJ_Ren said:

OK, thanks for advice

No problem, too much internet can be bad ya know
Apr 30, 2023 6:04 PM
Mar 2023
Natsuki_SanJuan said:
percobaan1 said:
Please refrain from using the internet and MAL. We have a deranged MAL user, folks. Go touch some grass.

You late 8 hours and still copied his advice, but otherwise, thanks for your attention 😊.
Apr 30, 2023 6:24 PM

Aug 2019
twixsocks98 said:
Onistream said:

this is made with chatgpt

LOL. I literally was thinking this before I even saw CloverWorks. This shit has me dead 💀
Apr 30, 2023 6:37 PM
Sep 2022
Good question. I'm watching and I haven't seen anything as amazing as people are talking about. I think it's connected by the death of Ai, that must be it.
Apr 30, 2023 7:16 PM
Feb 2021
Onistream said:

Perfectly summed up
Apr 30, 2023 7:41 PM

May 2020
cause it's good tf

Apr 30, 2023 7:44 PM

Jan 2021
I'm just waiting for a YouTuber to casually drop a bomb and explain the events that lead to this. 
Apr 30, 2023 8:11 PM

Aug 2020
Because the 90 minute special first episode was movie-like quality. Simple as that really.
RobertsahDHDAApr 30, 2023 8:28 PM
Keep scrolling
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

398 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:18 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

803 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:00 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

872 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

260 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 3, 2023

457 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 10:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.