Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (54) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2023 4:10 PM
Mar 2022
Bruh
obviously man
a little here and there but it hits a little too close to home
and YOASOBI doesn't miss at all
Apr 14, 2023 4:21 PM
Aug 2021
Beautiful shit right here , made me shed some tears

Apr 14, 2023 4:22 PM

Aug 2020
Pregnant Idol, she fucked around and found out.  
Apr 14, 2023 4:25 PM
Apr 2021
Great episode. I really liked the character design. This is current my favorite manga/anime. It's just so sad that Ai have to face this tragedy. 
Apr 14, 2023 4:27 PM
Feb 2019
This is the Greatest piece of shit anime i have ever seen. Everyone said it was sad but mid at best. I legit saw the chance for the cancer girl to die to cancer again but no. Plot was shit and cringe as hell also. Idk why everybody is so sad about this even tho 1 day in malmö has way more death. Also main character #pedophile and cancer child just weird. People just like kids and pedophiles and thats all you need to do to make 10/10 anime. Little more murder, suicide or even r a p e and the series would have been actually sad. So i give this the rating of 2/10.
Apr 14, 2023 4:30 PM
May 2021
Mana_Nagase said:
Great episode. I really liked the character design. This is current my favorite manga/anime. It's just so sad that Ai have to face this tragedy. 
Tragedy? So if your life isn't sunshine and rainbows every single day its a tragedy... She lived her life to the fullest and had no more ambition.
Apr 14, 2023 4:31 PM
Dec 2020
YareyareSenpaii said:
Why are they doing us like this, the fact that they didn't put an Isekai tag is just slanderous towards the Isekai fandom, they don't want us eating good, but has that ever stopped us, NO, we are claiming it ''Oshi No Ko'' is an ISEKAI, there I said it. I'm not an Idol fan and I won't even pretend to be one, the fact that I even got to save this anime to my PTW is a testament to the high regard I hold for Manga Peepers, and may the manga gods bless their souls because their suggestions are top notch.

Lo and behold and much to my surprise this wasn't a typical Idol show. What awaited me was a truly captivating anime with a unique and engaging story. One aspect of the anime that really sets it apart is its perfect balance of humor and emotional depth, balanced in a way that the anime does not feel lopsided (e.g too much humor so much that it overshadows the character development). The animation is pure ecstasy with vibrant colors and dynamic fluid motion (e.g especially the Idol dances) which is indicative of the passion and dedication to the craft we all love to see.

But maybe I'm being presumptuous, after all, it's the season premiere. however, I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited for the next episode, hopefully, I pray we keep eating good because if we ain't this was one helluva clickbait. So in conclusion I highly recommend this ISEKAI.
It's NOT isekai, it's the same world. 
Tensei/reincarnation can happen with or without isekai.
Apr 14, 2023 4:33 PM

Mar 2013
Wat a fucking plot twist.

I'm sad and happy guys.

Apr 14, 2023 4:35 PM
Aug 2017
This episode summs up the reason why Idol culture was a mistake. I never understood and will never understand how people feel so entitled to think that idols belong to them. Great first episode. 
Apr 14, 2023 4:48 PM
Dec 2018
I feel like this episode was even better than the same part of the manga.
I didn't believe that was even possible.
Apr 14, 2023 5:13 PM
May 2020
Movie quality in a show wtf
Apr 14, 2023 5:14 PM
May 2021
Yes it was long, but I would watch this over any marvel movie.
Apr 14, 2023 5:26 PM
Nov 2021
As a reader of the manga, I expected something great. But this episode far exceeded my expectations and brought back the emotions I felt when I first read through the manga tenfold. I hope future episodes will be just as great if not better.
Apr 14, 2023 5:28 PM
Oct 2017
This episode gives no clue of what it's the main genre of the series, it's just a extremely long context just to say that the mother of 2 reencarnated childs with more than half an hour hiding the pedophile message oh the series
Apr 14, 2023 5:35 PM
Dec 2017
GOD MOTHERFUCKING DAMN.

I just finished "Episode 1". I use quotes there because IT WAS A FEATURE-LENGTH FUCKING FILM at 1:22h runtime... with FUCKIN' MONEY the entire time!!!

I started off a little iffy, started to get into it, and by the end I am FULLY IN.
Apr 14, 2023 5:53 PM
Nov 2021
I have never known such depression.
Apr 14, 2023 5:54 PM

Jan 2018
It's been a while since I enjoy a 1st episode. what a solid Ep. It has a lot to digest and it ended just in the right point to start the series. looking forward to this show
Apr 14, 2023 5:57 PM
Jul 2020
IT HAS BEEN A FCKING WHILE SINCE I HAVE BEEN SO SURPRISED. HOLY SHT WHAT AN EPISODE
Apr 14, 2023 6:08 PM
Apr 2023
So very glad I avoided any kind of spoilers and went into this blind, as that first movie length episode hit like Truck-kun, and because the world I awoke to was one now post having experienced Oshi no Ko.

It surpassed my expectations, and now I'm just going to have to avoid what I have done time and again, which of course is to go and read the Manga.  This looks like something I want to enjoy as anime only until that time comes as the season ends, and my wanting is left unfulfilled.

A famous poem comes to mind after watching this episode, though I won't say it here, as if you can avoid the spoilers that already have cast their nets to claim their purloined praise, I think you may know it well and where in it I saw what it spoke of in this episode.

Flat out, must watch, and what really has me here having been a long time anime fan since before I knew what anime even was (I'm talking birth year 1980), to have watched this and hear FMAB crew be at it again...I had to finally join MAL, and write my first review ever.

BuckleysApr 14, 2023 6:13 PM
Apr 14, 2023 6:10 PM
Nov 2019
it was closer to a full movie than an episode. just wow... I'm intrigued.
Apr 14, 2023 6:13 PM
Mar 2023
Not really my thing but It was pretty alright and the animation was nice.
Apr 14, 2023 6:22 PM

Apr 2023
Qxujevoz said:
YareyareSenpaii said:
Why are they doing us like this, the fact that they didn't put an Isekai tag is just slanderous towards the Isekai fandom, they don't want us eating good, but has that ever stopped us, NO, we are claiming it ''Oshi No Ko'' is an ISEKAI, there I said it. I'm not an Idol fan and I won't even pretend to be one, the fact that I even got to save this anime to my PTW is a testament to the high regard I hold for Manga Peepers, and may the manga gods bless their souls because their suggestions are top notch.

Lo and behold and much to my surprise this wasn't a typical Idol show. What awaited me was a truly captivating anime with a unique and engaging story. One aspect of the anime that really sets it apart is its perfect balance of humor and emotional depth, balanced in a way that the anime does not feel lopsided (e.g too much humor so much that it overshadows the character development). The animation is pure ecstasy with vibrant colors and dynamic fluid motion (e.g especially the Idol dances) which is indicative of the passion and dedication to the craft we all love to see.

But maybe I'm being presumptuous, after all, it's the season premiere. however, I'd be lying if I said I'm not excited for the next episode, hopefully, I pray we keep eating good because if we ain't this was one helluva clickbait. So in conclusion I highly recommend this ISEKAI.

It's NOT isekai, it's the same world. 
Tensei/reincarnation can happen with or without isekai.

Was being sarcastic, tell you what though I honestly didn't know about the whole Tensei situation, um fr calculating life rn, got comfortable with the idea that reincarnation only happens in another world, but um sure I've come across the word somewhere.

PS: My review is purely subjective, not meant to be a trigger

Apr 14, 2023 6:27 PM
Sep 2021
Okay bro let me be honest. i did not expect that. at all. Like i saw the shinning glitter stuff and im like this for lil kids. then i see the score on mal and im like yall like this stuff 💀 then i read the thingy and like WOW. this better than and isekai ive ever seen like the art bro 😭 its to die for. but like why the girl pregnant that 16.... The quality tho 😭 But "ig u like em young" THATS CRAZY BRO HELP 😭 lord the nusre is funny though. i need a friend like that 😓 he really hit his head on the floor 😭 my bro a pedo 😓But like when i saw that dad in the hospital i thought it was incest. Was i right? No i was not. but the girl on the doctors screen is cute. And i learned sum. dont lie 💀 also her eyes are BEAUTIFUL DAMN! Except she looks like a girl who gon kill her self 🥹 Also this girl got no ass. help. WHY HE BLUSHING LIKE THAT HELP ME PLEASE 😭😭😭 i need her positiveness. Like immagine ur doctor kinda jusy a little bit likes u 🤦🏾‍♀️ Then this *black ppl slur* died. UGGGHHHHHHH. Just letting you know this is only 15 min in the episode 😭Bro really coverd her boobs like you sucked them 😭 Lame ass baby sitter she feel asleep 😐 they got more energy than me at track practice man and ugh so girly ew. WAIT A DAMN MINTUE IT TOOK ME A WHILE BUT. THE EPISODE IS A MOVIE LONG. DAMN. THE PLOT TWIST HELP. IMMA WTCH AND TAKE A BREAK FROM TYPING EVERY SECOND NOW. wait immagine sleeping and waking up to your 2 week old baby using a laptop 😭 that sister of his eveil 😭 THATS RIGTH STAND UP FOR YOUR MOMA BOY.I KNEW THAT DEAD GIRL WAS HER AHAHAHHAHA. But i cant finish the episode right now so thats the end of this discussion but i will be here next ep tho. If u read tis all the way please message me i wanna know
Apr 14, 2023 6:30 PM

Aug 2017
Holy crap.
This prologue totally changed my view on this show. I came in expecting a normal idol life in the entertainment industry but wow. That was quite a turn of events.
I'm speechless and in shock.
NaroomakiApr 14, 2023 6:35 PM

Apr 14, 2023 6:42 PM

Jul 2015
Been reading the manga since, well, what was covered in the episode was new. Absolutely destroyed me, bravo. The rest of the anime could be literal dogshit but this one episode is worth all the wait for me. RIP Ai, I still miss you, and always will.
Apr 14, 2023 6:48 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
It's not bad, but I'm not actually all that interested in what's going to happen at this point. It's okay and I'll still watch it all the way through, but I really don't care about the revenge on who sent Ai's information part. I do hope all goes well for Sarina/Ruby though now that she's able to live another life like this.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 14, 2023 6:52 PM
Apr 2020
Wow that was like a whole movie! I knew nothing about this show before watching the episode, and was surprised to see the first episode to be over an hour long. Mind blown.
Apr 14, 2023 6:52 PM
Apr 2023
well, I LOVED the First episode, but It left me with teary eyes... I wanna know guys, what's your theorys for the next episodes (anime-only watchers)? I think ***** Will reincarnate Just like Aqua and Ruby, but if not, this anime Will gain my respect for taking risks lol.
This seems promising and i'm already sold for It! good job aka!
Apr 14, 2023 6:54 PM
Jun 2021
My waifu is dead because the f plot and story and i hate it
Apr 14, 2023 6:55 PM
Apr 2023
I dont even know what to say, it was great and with great I mean it was PERFECT. I dont know how long ago it was that I've seen such a good episode and maybe I havent until now. First of all I was a bit curious if a 90 minute episode wont get boring over the time but I just thought I might give it a try, thinking it's a normal idol show even tho I dont like them that much. First off everything was good the plot was developing and the story build up with good graphics and music it all felt smooth. The voices are choosen perfectly and fit the characters. I got attached fast and I didnt had a minute where I couldve said "nah its boring" even tho I mostly decide to drop animes or do something else after like 3 episodes(60 minutes) which is already a good sign. But what it made so perfect was that you could feel the emotions and with the plot-twist around the end the anime got even better. You couldnt predict that something like that will happen because its normally very unlikely that one of the main characters gets murdered in the first episode and especially not the mother. After she got stabbed the timetravels, the sad voice and her saying what she always wanted to say just caused a avalanceh of emotions inside of me and even thinking back to it almost makes me tear up again, I've never felt so empty and sad after watching a anime in my entire life. Now im just excited for the plot change that got started at the end and how it will develope even further, but it's easily one of the best, if not the best anime of the season.
Apr 14, 2023 6:55 PM

Mar 2019
Against my better judgement from earlier, I ended up watching the entire episode. Wish I could get that hour back, but I also felt I shouldn't totally trash the show without watching the entire production despite really disliking those first eighteen or so minutes from earlier my viewing.

My feelings after watching the entire thing are still the same. I really dislike that they made the protag such a creep. His behavior in the into is awful and makes him very unlikable. In general I dislike how weird many of the characters behave. Ai gets stabbed in the stomach and she goes into a lengthy monologue about lies and turning lies into truth all while she's bleeding to death and the killer is standing in front of her and her son with a knife. Dude is still an unhinged threat! Who gets stabbed in the stomach and does that while they and their children are in danger, rather than go into flight or fight mode? It's ridiculous. The stuff after her death is at least sort of cool. The scene where Aquamarine (jfc cringe) figures out that Ai had a small circle around her and is able to narrow down the list of possible suspects all while the suspenseful music hits that was pretty good. I got some Lelouch vibes from the protag there. So, the concept is good, I just feel the execution was awful. It shouldn't have been centered around an idol and her obsessive fans.
Apr 14, 2023 7:02 PM
Apr 2020
That was a goddamn movie. Great stuff.

Aqua got something cookin'. Reminds me of Ayanokoji.
Apr 14, 2023 7:10 PM
Oct 2016
Succed to have a better episode one then code geas of attack on titan.
You got everything right,
Cute, amazing animation, mystery, isekai, and dark secret for a breath taking ending
Apr 14, 2023 7:14 PM
Nov 2020
It was a great first episode but I just do not feel good after that like Jesus Christ
Apr 14, 2023 7:14 PM
Apr 2021
I don't hope very much of this anime, but this first chapter surprised very. Definitely this is one of the best first chapter of anime that I watched. The story is so good I didn't feel the one hour and twenty minutes. considering that for me twenty minutes is too much. At the beginning it looks like a single and funny story, but in the end things happen I didn't hope to watch but they were enough for keep watching week by week. 
Apr 14, 2023 7:19 PM

Mar 2016
One those shows that utterly screams "do not judge a book by it's cover". Even though it was idol, the character design had piqued my interest, the MAL show description even more so. Just wish that some unthoughtful Twitter commentator hadn't needlessly spoiled a key plot point of the episode. Luckily, it was so well done that the impact and emotions of the scene were not dulled in anyway.
Description had shown that this was going to be some sort of dark/mystery show...but the plot took a much darker turn than I'd initially been expecting.
Learning that it's by the same author as Kaguya-sama I am eagerly looking forward to watching this show this season. Just need to be prepared for any further heartbreaks :'(
Apr 14, 2023 7:22 PM
Feb 2022
well... I am speechless. Easiest and quickest 10/10 I have ever given to any anime. Just everything in this prologue was perfect: animation, voice acting, story telling, emotional moments, insane plot twists and much more. Im so fucking glad I did not read synopsis or had any spoilers for that show because what I witnessed is just a peak fiction at its finest. I really appreciate how they made that more of a movie than classic 24min because otherwise it surely feel rushed and the delivery wouldn't be so powerful. In genral I expected this to be pretty good maybye something like perfect blue but it is vastly different and is arleady way better than I could ever expect it to be!
Apr 14, 2023 7:24 PM
Feb 2022
well... I am speechless. Easiest and quickest 10/10 I have ever given to any anime. Just everything in this prologue was perfect: animation, voice acting, story telling, emotional moments, insane plot twists and much more. Im so fucking glad I did not read synopsis or had any spoilers for that show because what I witnessed is just a peak fiction at its finest. I really appreciate how they made that more of a movie than classic 24min because otherwise it surely feel rushed and the delivery wouldn't be so powerful. In genral I expected this to be pretty good maybye something like perfect blue but it is vastly different and is arleady way better than I could ever expect it to be!
Apr 14, 2023 7:26 PM
Mar 2018
Very surprising, sad and exciting
Apr 14, 2023 7:38 PM
May 2021
the start is so heavy when 16 years old girl having 2 baby and become a single parent, i love the story and aqua is the key of this anime. I think ruby is just for fan service
Apr 14, 2023 7:50 PM
Sep 2017
Banging episode really enjoyed
Apr 14, 2023 8:00 PM
Oct 2021
This shit has no business being this good, I mean I expected Ai to die pretty early on but I honestly thought this was going to be cringe and it’s not
Apr 14, 2023 8:07 PM
Oct 2020
On God Peak, non stop peak, peakiest peak of peak
Apr 14, 2023 8:12 PM
Nov 2020
What an intriguing way to start!!
Apr 14, 2023 8:52 PM

Dec 2017
Hands down the best opener for an anime I've ever seen in my life. Gave the original Haruhi anime a run for it's money.
Apr 14, 2023 8:56 PM
Mar 2014
The episode was enjoyable, I didn't think I'd watch a second episode though, the last 5 minutes is where things started getting interesting for me. It was a good, promising start. Depending on where the story goes, this could be a very good show.
Apr 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Oct 2020
Frankly, one of the best premises in anime. The story doesn't look too promising, it's a simple "who done it" plot - however, the production, animation and OST are simply perfect. Though I wish the shock factor wasn't that early on. The viewer isn't really that connected to Ai who, supposedly, the entire plot revolves around the murder of and vengeance.
Apr 14, 2023 10:00 PM
Jul 2016
Honestly so well built and put together and I am very keen on whats to come
Apr 14, 2023 10:18 PM
Apr 2021
Great. Was not expecting what happened
Apr 14, 2023 10:19 PM
Jul 2022
I've been waiting for the anime since it was announced, and I honestly loved the adaptation, I felt the same way as when I saw it for the first time. I just hope they keep that quality to the end.
Pages (54) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

871 by Andrezila »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

683 by Pfoica »»
Jun 7, 8:50 PM

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular? ( 1 2 )

Mattenan - May 31

58 by Owlblocks »»
Jun 6, 12:03 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jun 21, 2023

293 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2023

397 by WomanRespector »»
Jun 4, 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.