Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 1, 2023 9:14 PM

Feb 2021
As a Re:zero and Steins;Gate fan, I've constantly seen this anime pop up in feeds of recommended to watch if I liked the others. However, the issue I have, and the reason for this thread, is that I constantly see blatant hate for this anime and the MC. Personally, a reason I like Re:zero is because the MC was undeniably weak and made aware of such, which made him realistic, but he continued to try for a better future. So for the people who have seen all 3, I wanted your opinions on whether or not I should watch this.

If I should watch it, what's your reason for liking it?

If I shouldn't watch it, what's your reason for disliking it?

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Apr 1, 2023 11:17 PM
Feb 2022
ScuzzyBear said:
As a Re:zero and Steins;Gate fan, I've constantly seen this anime pop up in feeds of recommended to watch if I liked the others. However, the issue I have, and the reason for this thread, is that I constantly see blatant hate for this anime and the MC. Personally, a reason I like Re:zero is because the MC was undeniably weak and made aware of such, which made him realistic, but he continued to try for a better future. So for the people who have seen all 3, I wanted your opinions on whether or not I should watch this.

Personally I’d say it’s definitely worth your time there are definitely flaws in the show but for the most part the characters and the story is good plus it’s not long so if you get through what’s out so far it won’t be a crazy waste of time but I believe according to what you said in your post you’ll enjoy it
Apr 2, 2023 10:16 AM

Oct 2019
as someone who thinks steins;gate is a masterpiece, and rezero is mixed with it having some amazing aspects and some not so great aspects.....

this show is pretty shit.

it can be pretty entertaining at times, most of the characters are decent or better, and the soundtrack is solid but....

it kinda sucks.

the mc is completely useless 99% of the time and not in an interesting way. the time travel has more holes than you could count, the animation is below average, the pacing is abysmal with constant recaps and flash backs, the art is flat and boring, and honestly it's just not worth 24 episodes.

If you care about good production, this ain't it.

if you care about good writing avoid it.

if you want a nicely paced story, don't even come close.

but if you want a decently fun, turn your brain off, series with some cool characters and over the top gang shit, then maybe go for it.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeใ€ŒAMVใ€: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Apr 2, 2023 10:42 AM

Sep 2020
I'm not going to mince words, comparing this to Steins; Gate should be illegal. That said, it's a pretty decent show overall. Now, the current arc that finished in season 2 was just dogshit but that's neither here nor there. I just wish it wasn't so repetitive in the way that the story is told. And the writer relies on too much shock factor. There is no way that fan favorite character x that everyone loves decides to change his whole character and start assasinating everyone. There was barely any buildup to that reveal and it's just cheap writing.

"๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š."- ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Apr 2, 2023 11:48 AM

Feb 2021
Apolygon2 said:
this show is pretty shit.

samsince04 said:
There was barely any buildup to that reveal and it's just cheap writing.

Thanks for the replies. I can save some time and watch something else!

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Apr 3, 2023 4:45 AM

Jul 2015
It's not as good as ReZero or Steins Gate, but is still very good.

Apr 3, 2023 4:59 AM
Jul 2019
don't waste your time, overrated when it was first airedin 2021, watched it after it was all out. almost forgot most of that shit cause there was nothing interesting, there were something a little bit hype sometumes, but the mc is hella boring and aqua from konosuba is less useless than him. if you want something with time travelling stuff or that sort of things watch summer time render, pretty dope
Apr 3, 2023 5:01 AM
Sep 2021
the MC is weak but he grows stronger. He has his own "powers" so to speak that are different from the other characters and ends up getting a lot of respect from them even though he is the weakest.

The storyline is nuts and if you like a timetravel themed anime like steins gate with loads of plot twists that will make your heart drop with anticipation and surprise, you'll like Tokyo Revengers. Season 1 is fantastic, season 2 is not as great but still good and season 3 which just got announced will be the best season yet according to manga readers.

Give the first half of season 1 a try, you'll get a pretty good idea if you like it or not during those 3-4 hours of your time. it's definitely worth the watch. I think you'll enjoy it from what I've just read in your message.
Apr 3, 2023 5:03 AM
Feb 2021
Yeah watch it or better read the manga but you can just watch it, it's about Fighting and time traveling and gangs

It doesn't have that much of Animations but still OK to watch if you are interested in the story it has 2 seasons and already has a 3rd season announced

What I liked was the story but also the fights and more importantly The Main Protagonist Character Development.

Give it a try at least watch 3 episodes if you don't like it then don't watch it

And other Anime to watch are Summertime rendering and LINK Click these are just amazing if you like Steins Gate and re:zero
Crimson20006Apr 3, 2023 5:06 AM
Apr 3, 2023 5:04 AM
Nov 2021
I mean it’s alright a 8/10 imo can get pretty boring but the cast is cool. You should watch something better tbh
Apr 3, 2023 5:04 AM
Sep 2022
No dude, absolutely no. Adaptation was pretty bullshit.
So, since you're a fan of Stein's Gate & Re: Zero, my recommendations for you - watch Summertime Render or Link Click, they're totally worth it!
Apr 3, 2023 5:06 AM
Aug 2021
The only way in which you could compare those 3 would be if used as a scale that went "Masterpiece - Good - Quite Bad"
Apr 3, 2023 5:12 AM
Feb 2022
I enjoyed all 3 but the time travel in tomyo revengers is very different from the ones in steins;gate and re:zero. It does have some flaws, but I enjoyed both seasons despite their flaws. 7,5/10, not amazing, but better than erased
Apr 3, 2023 5:19 AM
Jun 2021
ScuzzyBear said:

Even though I enjoyed this series, I won't recommend you this until unless you are into cool characters or fights or drama

Although it won't make you bore and the soundtracks will always keep you connected but that doesn't makes up for the lame idea it uses to tell it's story

It's definitely worth watching if you turn your brain off and enjoy the cool characters with that dope bgm otherwise don't watch it, TR is already getting enough hate
Apr 3, 2023 5:51 AM
Jul 2022
NicomidoAntares said:
don't waste your time, overrated when it was first airedin 2021, watched it after it was all out. almost forgot most of that shit cause there was nothing interesting, there were something a little bit hype sometumes, but the mc is hella boring and aqua from konosuba is less useless than him. if you want something with time travelling stuff or that sort of things watch summer time render, pretty dope

tbh The mc is the most realistic character in the whole show lmao.
Apr 3, 2023 6:37 AM
May 2021
Not sure if I should be answering this because I havent seen Re:Zero but I was a huge Steins Gate fan when it came out. Based on what you're saying though about the Re:Zero MC, I think you would like Tokyo Revengers. As someone who has a best friend who probably is under the umbrella of people who think Takemichi is annoying and useless, I can see where they are coming from however I empathize with Takemichi and see him as realistic and trying his best. The guy has gone through so much , I think anyone with a heart who can cry easily (which I cant) would cry just as much as he does. His crying is justified, crying when frustrated is a thing and everything about what he is going through is sad and frustrating. I'd say go for it, you have nothing to lose. It's a very good anime and there's a reason why its so big in Japan and growing fans overseas. It's always best to see for yourself if you like something instead of relying on others hate or dislike because people always have something to say about everything. (Heads up though, the first 3 episodes of the 1st season ARE slow, make it past that and it picks up big time. i actually started watching this anime dropped it bc the first few eps were boring.But once I picked it up again, Im a huge fan and glad I gave it a chance)
Apr 3, 2023 8:36 AM
Sep 2020
Well I haven’t seen all of Stein’s Gate, but I will say that this is quite a step down from Re:Zero. It doesn’t have a lot of what makes Re:Zero great. But this is just my opinion, give it a try you might like it.
Apr 3, 2023 9:08 AM
Jul 2019
ScuzzyBear said:

If you love steins gate you are going to hate this absolute mess of a "plot". In general if you have a healthy set of eyes and a working brain you should avoid this garbage like the plague
Apr 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Dec 2021
As someone who's seen all 3,this show is good but definitely inferior compared to SG and Re zero. Try a few episodes, see if you like it.

You should watch summertime render too, it's similiar to re zero.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2023 9:15 AM
May 2021
ScuzzyBear said:

i do not suggest it. i feel like this show blue balled me heavily, thought i was going to get something akin to re zero but instead i got 0 character development, rediculous scenarios playing out for little reason and in my opinion bad writing. part of my problem from this show was my suspension of disbelief, i found it very hard to take some of the situations in this anime seriously and found it to be more funny than dramatic which was not what it was going for. i even read partway thru the manga, everyone had it rated high and jerked it off so i thought there HAD to be something worthwhile in the manga but nope just more of the same. i was heavily disappointed in this series and do not recommend it to anyone. if you like this show then please dont let my honest opinion hurt your enjoyment of it, and feel free to give your reasons for why you enjoyed it but for me it just wasnt it
Apr 3, 2023 9:24 AM
Jan 2022
you should watch it and decide whether you like it or not
Apr 3, 2023 9:31 AM
Nov 2022
Haven’t seen the other 2, but I have seen Tokyo Revengers and the MC is realistic with his weaknesses and the struggle it is to overcome them. I really like it! I would try it out! I started it because a friend recommended it and I am very happy they did because it has become a favorite! The “just 1 more episode” hasn’t been good for my sleep, but it is worth it!
Apr 3, 2023 9:32 AM
Aug 2021
mc is good,the haters are kids who always want an overpowered mc
the plot is better in those shows but the strongest point of this show are the likable characters
it's too bingeable as well
you should give it a try
Apr 3, 2023 9:34 AM
May 2022
yes and no. the main character is very realistic i feel and i love him a lot. the anime’s art-style is a little meh, the manga is way better
Apr 3, 2023 10:08 AM
Feb 2023
ScuzzyBear said:

I love it for the characters and plot. At the beginning, Takemichi might seem to be annoying but later I found my sympathy for him. There are plenty of other ones whom I've loved since the beginning. There are a lot of plot twists and revealings which will make your mind blow
Apr 3, 2023 10:24 AM
Feb 2023
yes, Is really good
Apr 3, 2023 12:29 PM
May 2022
I wouldn’t compare it to re:zero nor steins;gate. but I do think it is entertaining. the fights are good imo and the MC is a bit of a cry baby and weak but he does gets stronger. could be because I read the manga that I enjoy it. but the only complaints i’ve heard about it is people complaining about the MC being a crybaby and that be coming from people who watched deku cry for like a whole 2 o 3 seasons๐Ÿ˜‚
Apr 3, 2023 12:45 PM
Jan 2022
not deserves time, only good part of show is character introduce
Apr 3, 2023 7:08 PM
Mar 2023
yes watch it.
but the s1 was boring for you but s2 is nice.
Apr 4, 2023 12:58 AM
Apr 2022
it has some mystery on it but incomparable to re zero and steins gate

also the end is shitty talk and it doesn't have any logic on it they didn't plot the end well
Apr 4, 2023 2:44 AM
Jan 2022
1 season was pretty good ngl.
but second season is dog shit..but manga is dope
and better than re:zero.
Apr 4, 2023 7:26 AM
Jul 2021
if you want anything remotely close to steins gate or re zero, dont even think of watching this, because the one single thing this show has in similarity with them, its the time travel aspect and thats about it.
Apr 4, 2023 10:44 AM
Oct 2019
Lmao no tokyo revengers is bad and arguably one of the worst mcs in mainstream anime fiction
poo poo
Apr 4, 2023 11:02 AM
Sep 2022
I would say it is a decent story to watch buy I really liked it
Apr 6, 2023 8:53 PM
Jan 2019
It depends on what triggers you.

The brutality in it triggers me so idk if I’ll honestly watch all of it.

If you can handle it then you can watch it right? (That’s how I kinda see it)
Apr 6, 2023 8:54 PM
Jan 2019
I personally don’t like how women are treated. It’s vulgar and again triggering. Also fuck Mikey he’s overrated
Apr 13, 2023 12:18 PM

Nov 2021
It's objectively bad 
Jun 14, 2023 9:55 PM
Oct 2019
The general plot is fine. But like others have said, the biggest drawbacks are the lame mc (taco meat cheese) and some aspects of the time travel had illogical flaws. I also thought there were a few scenes that simply made no sense (that or ambulances don't exist in Japan).

There were some aspects to the show I enjoyed, but not enough. I had to drop it halfway through season 1. I felt like most episodes were bad but would end on a cliff hanger and pull me back in for "one more episode" until I got tired of it. 
HagePotPotatoJun 14, 2023 10:29 PM
Jun 14, 2023 9:56 PM

Apr 2023
Yeah, it is a pretty decent show.

Jun 28, 2023 10:38 AM
Apr 2022
ScuzzyBear said:

yes man if love DELINQUENCY stuffs.....this is TOP TIER

also the CHARACTERS are so ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ FIRE

MUST WATCH MAN

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

166 by Tamima10 »»
Today, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

113 by Tamima10 »»
Today, 3:13 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

139 by Tamima10 »»
Today, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

254 by Tamima10 »»
Yesterday, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

142 by Tamima10 »»
Yesterday, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.