Forum Settings
Forums

Happy birthday to Natsuki subaru (April 1)(re:zero) , By the way which couple do you prefer ? (emiliyaXsubaru)or(remXsubaru)

New
Apr 2, 2023 3:37 AM

Nov 2021
Well today is april 1st (or 2nd)and is Natsuki subaru's birthday :

So here are two questions : First , which couple do you prfer? rem x subaru or emilia x subaru 
And why do many people hate subaru?

Here are some re:zero memes that aren't mine but enjoy . (be aware of spoiler)
Please note that i don't own any of these photoes or memes.

third picture :re:zero reddit ( [Media] Emilia & Subaru in kimono by@51senre)
Apr 2, 2023 5:07 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread moved from the Anime & Manga recommendation board.
Apr 2, 2023 5:19 AM

Jul 2020
It's always been emilia x subaru for me, I still can't understand what people see in rem and I long gave up on trying to figure that out.
I think, people dislike subaru cuz he often comes off as annoying and useless; however, it's all relative, there are way worse mcs out there who don't get as much hate
Apr 2, 2023 5:32 AM

Jul 2021
Echidna is really the only likeable character in the entire series, so I prefer when all 3 of them end up alone and miserable.
Apr 2, 2023 5:41 AM

Feb 2019
Boy is born on April's Fools day. Now that explains everything.

Apr 2, 2023 5:54 AM

Jun 2021
I'm for Subaru and Emilia. I understand why people (including Subaru) cherish Rem, but the truth is that first impressions compose a lot of the emotions we feel towards others. Rem did a lot of damage to Subaru's psyche before she started doing good. And although Subaru has long since forgiven her, it doesn't change the fact that Emilia is the one he fell in love with first. So it makes sense that the girl who saved him when they first met would be number one in his heart versus the girl that caused 2 horrible deaths.

As for why people hate Subaru... Here is a list of reasons I've gathered from viewer comments, reviews, and other threads. I personally don't agree with any of them, but it helps to explore the perspective of those you don't understand.

*People think that Subaru spends more time whining and complaining about his bad circumstances rather than doing something in the moment to fix it
*People don't like that Subaru rejected Rem when she confessed, especially by declaring his love for another girl rather than just saying "No"
*Some small amount of people find Subaru to be too emotional
*Finally, Subaru's lack of power combined with his unexceptional abilities make him less entertaining to watch (as in he doesn't destroy enemies with super intelligence or superpowers)
I like apple pie. I also like gaming. Man's two greatest inventions.

Apr 2, 2023 5:55 AM

Jul 2021
ayy it's my boi's bday and i didn't even know that. happy birthday to the based chad mc of rezero.

also i ship him with emilia more than rem even though rem also deserves to be with subaru as much as emilia. but well both can't be #1, rem will be second or third?( *looks at beatrice*)

great memes btw. never seen then before. made me laugh out loud.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 2, 2023 5:59 AM

May 2019
I never watched re:zero so i wouldn't know.
Apr 2, 2023 6:01 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
born on April's Fools day. Now that sure explains a lot ...
It's because he doesn't use his head a lot.

Apr 2, 2023 6:17 AM

Aug 2020
Ok his bday was yesterday so why you posted it today?
Apr 2, 2023 6:29 AM

Nov 2021
I myself ship subaru with emilia . First because it's cannon from the start(refrenss to bleach) . Second it's more cute . Third the first recation both rem and emilia had toward subaru upon seeing him for the first time:
And at first emilia's character was a total mystery but in Season 2 she got a lot of character development (and we got some backstory(i guess these are not spoilers,are they?)). So their ship now is more logical.
Has anyone taken a look into the memes By the way? :|

third picture :re:zero reddit ( [Media] Emilia & Subaru in kimono by@51senre)
Apr 2, 2023 9:05 AM

May 2018
I mean, Emilia is completely frigid, at this point I doubt there will be any romance with her. Rem is more like a normal girl in this regard, she actually have feelings and desires for Subaru. But at the same time Subaru already chose Emilia, so I guess that's it, there's no arguing really. Either way, I think Emilia is also an interesting character in this sense, and she's clearly the princess of the story, while Rem is just the sidekick. So as far as romance goes, if there's any possibility of it, I think Emilia is the only right choice. Other than that, all Subaru is doing is simping her, Emilia sees him just as a very dear friend.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 2, 2023 9:06 AM

Feb 2020
Nice. We share our birthdays, lol.........

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Jun 3

58 by Stomiks »»
31 seconds ago

» Character(s) you would wrestle with if they were real

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

3 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

» ways to watch as before

otaku2000anime - 22 minutes ago

4 by Serafos »»
4 minutes ago

» How do people finish anime they consider bad? ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Yesterday

60 by foxsurprise »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Which of these shonen is the best in your opinion?

Yaaceen - 1 hour ago

6 by BigBoyAdvance »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.