Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Why is there so many visually repulsive characters in Lycoris Recoil Recoil?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 29, 2023 9:31 AM
Jan 2021
daff-quess said:
This mans just called the characters with explicitly lesbian features so ugly you dropped the show. Coolio

literally tho !!!
Jan 29, 2023 9:31 AM

Feb 2011
KurokamiPhantom said:
You might be retarded. Sorry I had to be the one to break it to you
If you are going to diagnose someone with an illness the very least you can do is provide your reasoning alongside it, otherwise people might think you're just being rude for the sake of being rude and that tells more about you rather than me.
Jan 29, 2023 9:35 AM

Feb 2011
@daff-quess @saturnsrevenge Guys I don't even understand what you're trying to imply. Care to elaborate what do you mean here?
Jan 29, 2023 9:38 AM
GreyStoneFlinger said:
blisssey said:
wow its such a shame that 1 out of 359,806 people did not like lycoris recoil, our beloved shows ratings are gonna drop 😱

Wow, aren’t you surprised. Lycoris Recoil is very shallow, so of course many people who seek actual story would avoid it. 
it had been a while since i saw someone with such an awful take
Jan 29, 2023 9:45 AM

Jan 2021
I think it's just called "looking different", I'm sure there are people who fnd these girls are cute. Like I'm sure I saw someone somewhere who really liked Fuki in every single way.
Jan 29, 2023 9:57 AM

Jan 2018
-Shizuna- said:
When I started watching it I expected an anime about cute girls doing both cute and cool things, but even though two main characters are pretty good (especially Chisato), most of the other characters are unbelievably ugly by anime standards. It's like watching hentai and studio deciding to show you the man's ass all the time.
Is commander even a woman with that appearance of hers?

Because of this I only managed 3 episodes. My aesthetic sensors prevented me from continuing any further.

Anyway, I'm glad for people who liked this, but damn it was disappointed for me.

Go to horny jail.

Yeah, they’re not that pretty by anime standards, but that’s also why they aren’t in the spotlight every episode. They are minor side characters. All the truly important characters are good looking. Chisato, Takina, and the milf and so on. If their appearance is what stops you from watching the show, it’s horniness, not “aesthetic sensors”.

But, hey, your opinion friend. It’s a great show, so you’re missing out.

Jan 29, 2023 10:02 AM

Feb 2011
@MikeyDangle Let's take a look at these two statues:

One is a masterpiece of renaissance, the other one is modern day abomination. I find the first one beautiful and the second one ugly, is it because of the horniness too?
Jan 29, 2023 10:08 AM

Jan 2018
-Shizuna- said:
@MikeyDangle Let's take a look at these two statues:

One is a masterpiece of renaissance, the other one is modern day abomination. I find the first one beautiful and the second one ugly, is it because of the horniness too?

They both look fine, but the first is clearly superior in detail. It’s up to interpretation. Had this same argument with someone else. Also, this is a straw man argument.

Do you like Demon Slayer despite it having a bad story and one dimension characters, but has fantastic animation, music, and voice acting? Do you dislike Gurren Lagann because it has a serious message but presents it in a very not serious way? These arguments stretch as wide as you want it to.

Lycoris Recoil has an enticing yet simple story, three dimensional characters (even the minor side characters) and great choreography and voice acting. But because those characters, very minor ones, don’t look incredibly unrealistic, you can’t enjoy the show? Do you see how absurd that sounds? You’re free to your opinion, so believe that if you want. But it seems like a flawed reason to not enjoy a show, and stems from horniness.

Jan 29, 2023 10:12 AM

Feb 2017
It's just one of the many art styles. It might appeal to some people. Or maybe the studio either didn't have the budget or were just lazy. We never know. There are so many colors out there. And we may find many of them ugly. But that ugliness is also a part of the world.
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Jan 29, 2023 10:13 AM

Nov 2016
Just report the dumb bait thread without entertaining OP

P.S. How about posting a selfie of your face? Or are you perhaps too ugly? Sorry to hear that.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 29, 2023 10:27 AM

Feb 2011
@MikeyDangle To me Demon Slayer was OK precisely because it turned out the way it was presented in the first place. Can't say the same about Lycoris Recoil... Also, I got interested in Demon Slayer because I got intrigued by Shinobu's design, ha-ha. Also, Gurren Lagann is top tier in my book, it has a good message and ideas, great humor, nice (and attractive btw) characters.
Jan 29, 2023 10:31 AM

Jan 2018
-Shizuna- said:
@MikeyDangle To me Demon Slayer was OK precisely because it turned out the way it was presented in the first place. Can't say the same about Lycoris Recoil... Also, I got interested in Demon Slayer because I got intrigued by Shinobu's design, ha-ha. Also, Gurren Lagann is top tier in my book, it has a good message and ideas, great humor, nice (and attractive btw) characters.

Okay, okay. Look. Im gonna say straight out, I agree with you. I typically only watch shows with attractive female characters. I’m a degenerate. It comes from horniness. It’s very clear that it’s the same case with you and you either don’t realize it, or don’t want to accept it. I straight up only got into TTGL because of Yoko, and LR because of Chisato. But I stayed for the great story and characters. The hook is a good looking character, the staying power is not.
I’ve grown a lot since then, because that was years ago. Now, I watch it because I’m interested in the concept. But, it stems from horniness. Don’t let a lack of total attractive characters stop you from enjoying a good show.

Jan 29, 2023 10:33 AM
chisataki is beautiful? why do you even care about random characters

Mod Edit: removed quote
KayKimiiFeb 6, 2023 10:58 AM
Jan 29, 2023 10:34 AM

Feb 2011
Fluffygreygrass said:
chisataki is beautiful? why care abt random characters
The same reason a beautiful song can be ruined by a terrible chorus.

KayKimiiFeb 6, 2023 10:58 AM
Jan 29, 2023 10:35 AM
-Shizuna- said:
Fluffygreygrass said:
chisataki is beautiful? why care abt random characters
The same reason a beautiful song can be ruined by a terrible chorus.
then it's a you-problem if you're going for the chorus when you have the perfect solo

KayKimiiFeb 6, 2023 10:59 AM
Jan 29, 2023 10:36 AM

Feb 2011
@MikeyDangle Like I've said to someone else above, I put Lycoris Recoil on-hold rather than outright dropped it, so once I run out of things to watch (e.g. my plan to watch list) I might give it another try.
Jan 29, 2023 10:37 AM

Jan 2018
-Shizuna- said:
@MikeyDangle Like I've said to someone else above, I put Lycoris Recoil on-hold rather than outright dropped it, so once I run out of things to watch (e.g. my plan to watch list) I might give it another try.

100% worth it, but good luck finishing your list anyways. Wasn’t meaning to be rude, more so just be funny lol

Have a good day mate

Jan 29, 2023 10:39 AM

Feb 2011
@MikeyDangle Yeah see you around, it was a pleasure talking to you.
Jan 29, 2023 11:06 AM

Jul 2020
I can only presume it was done for the purpose of highlighting the main duo but to be honest I never noticed it before reading this thread
Jan 29, 2023 11:24 AM
Jun 2021
-Shizuna- said:
When I started watching it I expected an anime about cute girls doing both cute and cool things, but even though two main characters are pretty good (especially Chisato), most of the other characters are unbelievably ugly by anime standards. It's like watching hentai and studio deciding to show you the man's ass all the time.
Is commander even a woman with that appearance of hers?

Because of this I only managed 3 episodes. My aesthetic sensors prevented me from continuing any further.

Anyway, I'm glad for people who liked this, but damn it was disappointed for me.

you should be disappointed with every anime you watch
so stop watching them
Jan 29, 2023 11:36 AM
Sep 2021
-Shizuna- said:
EggoGBones said:
You would hate One Piece lol
I actually watched it up until ep 819, but dropped it for different reasons. Unlike Lycoris Recoil, female characters in One Piece weren't ever a major factor for me.

So it’s not about wether the characters look ‘good’ but about wether women look like what you expect women to look like?
Jan 29, 2023 11:46 AM

Feb 2011
Aritra_1-2 said:

you should be disappointed with every anime you watch
so stop watching them

I've enjoyed most anime I watched, so your suggestion doesn't make much sense.
Jan 29, 2023 12:12 PM

May 2019
aesthetic sensors??? 💀💀 bro get off tik tok
Jan 29, 2023 12:15 PM

Feb 2011
Biribiri05 said:
aesthetic sensors??? 💀💀 bro get off tik tok
Never used it. Youtube shorts alone irritate me quite a bit.
Jan 29, 2023 1:13 PM
Aug 2021
Mans too sensitive to watch a show without perfect looking characters.

All I can say is don’t start Mob Psycho with that mentality.
Jan 29, 2023 1:53 PM

Feb 2011
Chilli_ said:
Mans too sensitive to watch a show without perfect looking characters.

All I can say is don’t start Mob Psycho with that mentality.
Already did. Didn't like it.
Jan 29, 2023 2:16 PM
Feb 2021
I agree with all of what you have said
Jan 29, 2023 2:50 PM

Oct 2022
Don't understand what all the hate is against the OP in this thread. Someone sharing their opinion about anime... people is acting like he murdered a kitten. RELAX people.

I thought the second couple characters were cute, but get what you mean about the others they look kind of silly, but is the show any good? 
I've been meaning to put together a plan to watch list
Jan 29, 2023 3:39 PM

Jul 2021
-Shizuna- said:
When I started watching it I expected an anime about cute girls doing both cute and cool things, but even though two main characters are pretty good (especially Chisato), most of the other characters are unbelievably ugly by anime standards.
Come on, the two main characters are just generic moe blobs. I really don't get how that became "beautiful", when it barely looks human.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 29, 2023 3:39 PM

Aug 2022
why this anime cannot have normal topics
Jan 29, 2023 3:56 PM

Feb 2011
JaniSIr said:
-Shizuna- said:
When I started watching it I expected an anime about cute girls doing both cute and cool things, but even though two main characters are pretty good (especially Chisato), most of the other characters are unbelievably ugly by anime standards.
Come on, the two main characters are just generic moe blobs. I really don't get how that became "beautiful", when it barely looks human.
They could've had bigger breasts and more revealing clothing, sure, they're still good-looking in my opinion.
Jan 29, 2023 3:59 PM

Jul 2021
-Shizuna- said:
JaniSIr said:
They could've had bigger breasts and more revealing clothing, sure, they're still good-looking in my opinion.
That like totally just would make things even worse.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jan 29, 2023 4:07 PM

Mar 2021
despite alleged agenda driven narratives where now girls don't even look like girls, problem is writing where school girls with handguns can take down marines with machine guns. Which defies logic since machine guns can mow down people, and the dahomey empire amazons got their asses handed to them by the male settlers.
Jan 29, 2023 4:09 PM

Mar 2021
SuperAdventure said:
Don't understand what all the hate is against the OP in this thread. Someone sharing their opinion about anime... people is acting like he murdered a kitten. RELAX people.

I thought the second couple characters were cute, but get what you mean about the others they look kind of silly, but is the show any good? 
I've been meaning to put together a plan to watch list
This is 2023 where now any criticism for an all female led show can be considered hate speech, but it is perfectly acceptable to trash any show with a male mc. The shippers are even worse since they harassed the creators just like what happened to Horikoshi
Jan 29, 2023 4:24 PM
Aug 2022
How are you so horny that you can’t handle a show where every character isn’t a supermodel????
Jan 29, 2023 4:50 PM

Feb 2011
Sam_Peterson said:
How are you so horny that you can’t handle a show where every character isn’t a supermodel????
Yeah, man (?), I don't know how I haven't drown in my own cum yet. I could fill a bath with it.

Seriously, though, the amount of people unable to differentiate between beauty and sex-related matters makes me feel bad about human civilization in general. I prefer clean streets to filthy ones; nature landscapes to industrial zones; beautiful characters to ugly ones.
Jan 29, 2023 5:28 PM
Dec 2019
tf you mean by "aesthetic sensors" ??
and their faces aren't even that bad..
no offense but how can your standards for sum side charas be that high

Jan 29, 2023 5:31 PM

Feb 2011
AyatoKiris said:
You know how you have taste buds? They are sensory organs that allow you to experience different tastes. Aesthetics sensors are the same but for visuals.
Jan 29, 2023 5:45 PM
Dec 2019
-Shizuna- said:
AyatoKiris said:
You know how you have taste buds? They are sensory organs that allow you to experience different tastes. Aesthetics sensors are the same but for visuals.

that's what you call a personal preference my guy. They aren't aesthetically ugly, just because you don't like how they look.. they're just some normal side characters

Jan 29, 2023 6:05 PM

Feb 2011
AyatoKiris said:
-Shizuna- said:

that's what you call a personal preference my guy. They aren't aesthetically ugly, just because you don't like how they look.. they're just some normal side characters

To my view it's like saying "a poorly cooked meal isn't bad just because you don't like how it tastes, it's just some normal food". Normal side characters usually don't look like different species when compared to the main cast.
Jan 29, 2023 6:17 PM
Jun 2020
Does he thinks everyone is a supermodel in real life?
Jan 29, 2023 6:19 PM
Jan 2022
damn this person's on a war again the "ugly" people. honestly I didn't even think they were ugly, i thought the character designs were amazing. and even if their characters designs don't sit right with you why is that this big of a deal.
Jan 29, 2023 6:26 PM
Dec 2019
-Shizuna- said:
AyatoKiris said:

To my view it's like saying "a poorly cooked meal isn't bad just because you don't like how it tastes, it's just some normal food". Normal side characters usually don't look like different species when compared to the main cast.

Food has clear instructions on how to cook something. You can't compare food to people's looks imo..
how do you handle this with real people?
If a person models for Vogue or sum other fashion magazine but your "aesthetic sensor" doesn't like how the person looks, is the person ugly now? like i said it's a personal preference (you can call it whatever you want)
i respect that you don't like how they look, but dropping an anime just because of that is lame asf

Jan 29, 2023 6:31 PM

Feb 2011
Polvo_Aranha said:
Does he thinks everyone is a supermodel in real life?
Quite the opposite, actually. I think real life has enough ugliness so I prefer to experience more beauty in my fiction.
Jan 29, 2023 6:33 PM

Feb 2011
Arc-Enemy said:
damn this person's on a war again the "ugly" people. honestly I didn't even think they were ugly, i thought the character designs were amazing. and even if their characters designs don't sit right with you why is that this big of a deal.
It's not a "big deal". It's an opinion anyone is entitled to have. I say they are unattractive, you say they are attractive - thus we have a discussion and that's the reason behind forums existence.
Jan 29, 2023 6:38 PM
Jan 2022
-Shizuna- said:
Arc-Enemy said:
It's not a "big deal". It's an opinion anyone is entitled to have. I say they are unattractive, you say they are attractive - thus we have a discussion and that's the reason behind forums existence.

hey!! to each their own but personally I think dropping a show just cause you're not into the character's visual appeal is kind of nonsensical.
Jan 29, 2023 6:40 PM

Feb 2011
AyatoKiris said:
Food has clear instructions on how to cook something. You can't compare food to people's looks imo..
how do you handle this with real people?
If a person models for Vogue or sum other fashion magazine but your "aesthetic sensor" doesn't like how the person looks, is the person ugly now? like i said it's a personal preference (you can call it whatever you want)
i respect that you don't like how they look, but dropping an anime just because of that is lame asf
When the girls get into something like K-pop industry they have clear instructions on how they are supposed to look too, you know...

But jokes aside, I'm more tolerant with people in real life. As long as they don't smell bad and have clean clothes I don't mind much of anything else. The world is already an overbearing place to be and not everyone can maintain good looks since it often requires time, money and energy not everyone has. Anime characters, however, are drawn by people and are only limited by author's talents and intentions.
Jan 29, 2023 7:44 PM
Feb 2021
I don't think you understand art. You keep comparing sculptures to modern art, not realizing that both take effort and each uses a different approach to displaying their concept. Something being ugly or "repulsive"(which I think it's an exaggeration in this case) doesn't mean it isn't artful or is low effort. Art is not only limited to portraying beauty.

But let's call those characters ugly, they're still very different from each other and just by that I can say the designs are not lazy like you think. Not making them beautiful as you expect them is not the same as not putting thought into them. Making something effectively displeasing can be harder. And this isn't an attack but I think yours is the kind of opinion that stumps growth in media. Artists want to take different approaches to products but most people get displeased because it isn't what they've always been served. And thus innovation goes nowhere.

I find the "repulsive" characters to be very refreshing compared to the copy-paste background and secondary characters in most other anime.

Also, you're not wrong for not liking their designs and stop watching it, but that's still a very shallow reason to drop a show. You should watch low quality dramas where the storylines are meant to be what everyone expects and the actors are all good looking, instead of a show that belongs to a medium were artists often want to use reality as a reference.
Jan 29, 2023 8:03 PM

Feb 2011
@RoberToby Modern art in question has: complete lack of detail and tentacles instead of limbs - obviously not because it's "artistic", but because they are one of the hardest parts of human body to portray, be it a painting or a sculpture. Forget David, anime figures look better than that and take more effort and creativity to design. To create genuine art one needs to have both the talent and passion. If you have both, you can't create ugliness. It just doesn't work that way - even if creation is of a creepy creature it'll still instill awe just by its detail and overall quality. If you compare Chisato and Takina to the ones I called ugly you'll see that they are objectively better drawn and it has nothing to do with art style. And anyway, you people miss my point entirely. Have you watched Kaiji, for example? I don't find its character design particularly attractive, but it never bothered me because it never presented itself in a way I would expect it to appeal to my visual preferences. So in the end I got an interesting story even if I didn't enjoy its aesthetics much. With Lycoris Recoil, however, I expected an anime about cute girls doing some cute and cool things and that's what it seemed to be with the sole exception of all the supportive character being drawn with low effort.
Jan 29, 2023 8:03 PM
Dec 2022
it's probably to accentuate the main cast. plus being a 10 in the looks department would make an undercover operative stick out
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Sayuri, who wrote the ending song, passed away on September 20, 2024 at the age of 28

Xanek - 42 minutes ago

9 by CorLeonis-_- »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

450 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Sep 8, 2:17 AM

» Your favourite character and scenes.

Hickykissy - Aug 24

24 by thelastavocado »»
Aug 26, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

289 by six20 »»
Aug 19, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2022

305 by Satireslovers »»
Aug 15, 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.