Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 14, 2023 3:01 PM

May 2014
Episode 1 : 2/5

The first season was decent but this first episode does not bode well.

They were overdoing it with the references, the pace was broken and it felt like forcing jokes.  I was almost hoping the series doesn't lose its own identity.
The recap arrived just when I stopped expecting it, and it felt so rushed... 
The rest of it (drawings, the op/ed, music) was decent, not up to my fading memories of season 1 yet though.

At least, the new characters make the premise look interesting. I hope the sequel will get better within the next episodes ...

Jan 14, 2023 3:34 PM

Nov 2011
If it isnt for the opening song by Nano I would not have hesitated to rate this a 1/10... this anime? Hard dropped. I regret even watching parts of s1 lol
Jan 14, 2023 8:24 PM
Jan 2022
welp, as a thing should be
Jan 14, 2023 9:37 PM

Oct 2008
ED by nano was great...the show is not.
2/5.

Jan 15, 2023 12:49 AM

Oct 2022
I know I know it's not good but in least have some decent animation and humor.

Jan 15, 2023 6:15 AM

Jul 2017
Droebie said:
KANLen09 said:
One of the worst Isekai of 2021 getting a sequel...URGH.

Not sure how I feel of Seiichi and Saria coming back, it just feels the same: trashy.

Low expectations just like the prequel.
Why not just not watch it if you didn't care for it, on top of that you dislike it enough to be the person to start the second season's episode discussion lol
Wow, thank you for the advice. Thanks but no thanks.

Looks like someone isn't quite mature yet in anime fandom just yet.
Jan 15, 2023 10:05 AM

Feb 2022
KANLen09 said:
Droebie said:
Why not just not watch it if you didn't care for it, on top of that you dislike it enough to be the person to start the second season's episode discussion lol
Wow, thank you for the advice. Thanks but no thanks.

Looks like someone isn't quite mature yet in anime fandom just yet.
No need to be petty, your original post came off like a person trying to build their post count and was silly seeing as you disliked season one so much to give it a 2 and started us off for season 2 by low effort trashing the show, so I made a simple comment. Your updated post today is a lot better though, well written, I agree with your opinion on the gags. I like the "ask your parents" at the older reference bits.
Jan 15, 2023 10:51 AM
Nya :3

Oct 2018
I barely rate anything below 5 as seen by my mean score.

I don't understand how anyone that isn't mentally 5 can laugh at this show and go "wow, that was funny, please give me more". And I am usually of the type that is open to all and every category of "funny". But not when the humour is directed at someone below the age of speaking. Also I usually never post anything mean or interact with an ongoing anime series, unless it is literally THAT bad in the first place. So I'm going beyond what I normally do just to get my point out there. So please keep that in mind before you start trashing on me for having an fair and honest opinion about this shitfest of a season 2 so far that you found "funny" and "good".

After a well deserved rating of 8 from me on Season 1, this show had big potential by the open ending of season 1, to build upon the school aspect of an Isekai in season 2. Where the MC had an reunion with his old classmates and it turned into a more school-like Isekai show. To my surprise, everything up until he woke up from his dream on his way there, it was decently "okay" at best. Everything after, was a shitfest comedy gone wrong, literally.

The ending of episode 1 was the breaking point for me personally. For now, this show is put on hold, with the alternative of dropping it. Episode 2 is gonna be the deciding factor.

TL;DR First episode was a disaster, and there is no one on this earth that can convince me otherwise. Humour went from decent in season 1 to legit a shitfest comedy gone wrong in season 2. Episode 1 was a disaster, hopefully episode 2 can salvage it.
Jan 15, 2023 11:58 AM

Feb 2022
Electrocute4u said:
I barely rate anything below 5 as seen by my mean score.

I don't understand how anyone that isn't mentally 5 can laugh at this show and go "wow, that was funny, please give me more". And I am usually of the type that is open to all and every category of "funny". But not when the humour is directed at someone below the age of speaking. Also I usually never post anything mean or interact with an ongoing anime series, unless it is literally THAT bad in the first place. So I'm going beyond what I normally do just to get my point out there. So please keep that in mind before you start trashing on me for having an fair and honest opinion about this shitfest of a season 2 so far that you found "funny" and "good".

After a well deserved rating of 8 from me on Season 1, this show had big potential by the open ending of season 1, to build upon the school aspect of an Isekai in season 2. Where the MC had an reunion with his old classmates and it turned into a more school-like Isekai show. To my surprise, everything up until he woke up from his dream on his way there, it was decently "okay" at best. Everything after, was a shitfest comedy gone wrong, literally.

The ending of episode 1 was the breaking point for me personally. For now, this show is put on hold, with the alternative of dropping it. Episode 2 is gonna be the deciding factor.

TL;DR First episode was a disaster, and there is no one on this earth that can convince me otherwise. Humour went from decent in season 1 to legit a shitfest comedy gone wrong in season 2. Episode 1 was a disaster, hopefully episode 2 can salvage it.
Comedy is one of the most subjective and opinion carried forms of entertainment I often don't laugh at comedy anime that others rate highly it is what it is, a lot of the jokes this episode didn't land for me and it certainly had messy execution. That said if you don't want people to trash you for your "fair and honest opinion" you shouldn't start by trashing others by potentially insulting them if they did laugh at the episode by saying they have the mentality of a 5 year old.

That said I do think your reasoning is solid, if this season is this messy every episode it certainly will be worse than season 1, but given the set up with those 4 students I don't think you can have high hopes.
Jan 15, 2023 3:11 PM

Jan 2009
__MoRaX__ said:
gotta ask, will he meet the other students from his class like the student council chick with the purple hair this season ? or will it be one of those oh they literally 1m from each other but completely blind.
i assume whoever read the manga knows
This is technically a spoiler so i'll put it behind spoiler tags, even if it's not a big deal of one.
Jan 15, 2023 4:50 PM
Nya :3

Oct 2018
Droebie said:
That said if you don't want people to trash you for your "fair and honest opinion" you shouldn't start by trashing others by potentially insulting them if they did laugh at the episode by saying they have the mentality of a 5 year old.
Honestly, I just put that there for laughs and giggles and wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
If there is one thing I've learned from my 25 years on this Earth is that if others gives zero shit about your opinion, why should I respect and read theirs in the first place. Though that being said, I will not yield on the mentality comment, not even for a better episode 2 comedy. And while all is said and done, thanks for the sincerity though. Was totally expecting to be blasted by haters, who usually flocks when a wolf attacks one of their sheeps.
Jan 15, 2023 6:40 PM

May 2013
Animation, Artwork and Theme are so good. It's definitely better than last season but I don't know why but last seasons gags seemed to had better delivery. The gags felt a bit forced and a bit too fast. I do hope that's just for the episode 1 'cause the nice animation would be a waste if it didn't deliver.
Jan 16, 2023 6:01 PM

Mar 2013
Weird, to think we get a 2nd season of this badly-written series... for me...

Don't get me wrong, I like it but at the same time, the pacing and even the spoiler intro was really annoying. Still, we get to see the sequel of what will happen to Seiichi and friends from here on out... I can't wait...

I guess we gotta wait... for this series... to air... again...
CrazyButNot4UJan 16, 2023 6:04 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 16, 2023 7:24 PM

Jan 2021
I've been trying to decide which anime to put on the back burner until I feel like watching them this season, and this one might just make the cut. I really didn't like the first season, so I don't know why I'm putting myself through this again, but just one episode reminded me how much I didn't like the first one. I've watched my fair share of "generic isekai trash," and there are several that I'm watching this season. But there's something about this one that just makes me upset or frustrated.

I was kind of hoping that he would meet his classmates this episode, but I guess it'll come sooner or later. That's another thing I dislike about anime where the MC is cast out, only to be reunited with his original group eventually. Out of the few that I've seen, none of them seemed to handle the two parties reuniting very well; some reunite too early (and they forgive too early), some reunite too late, and some are just like this one, teasing it but ultimately never going for it. I know it's the first episode, so I'm hoping it'll get better. 

Looking back at what I just wrote though, it really does give off the idea that I'm just new and bitching about it lol.

Anyway, I'm finally caught up on everything I wanted to watch this season.

Jan 18, 2023 2:38 AM
Mar 2012
Suprise this of all isekais get sequel.
Wth dream had like more budget than all of s1.
thx short recap
cast still as wild & full of gags.
surprise Seiichi sensei vs delinquents, seems fun enough
Jan 18, 2023 11:16 AM

Jul 2022
They got an animation budget! And immediately spent it! No, they put it to good use: the whole episode looks way better than season one, which is clear in the recap. Still, for a minute I thought they actually blew the entire budget on a dream sequence fight scene as a joke. Look, they even did cinematography! The rock gets sliced in half in the background with Seiichi in the foreground — I mean, it's practically Demon Slayer at this point.

The dream sequence is a reference to the show, right? Seiichi looks at his own animation and says "it's so beautiful, maybe now I'll be popular." Get it?

So the comedy is basically the same as season one, which works for me. To be honest, I've always thought that the jokes get even funnier if you picture the po-faced scolds scowling their way through the episode, hating every second of it: "Stop laughing, it's not funny! Anime is supposed to be serious. That's why I only watch shows about a guy with chainsaws for hands fighting a giant gun." (No hate, only love for you Chainsaw Man fans, I promise.)

The mixed-nuts biodiversity harem is just as fun and fan-servicey as ever; I look forward to many awkward interactions as they introduce themselves to Seiichi's students and colleagues. Villains continue to show up more-or-less at random to allude to an overarching plot that hasn't materialized yet, but I really don't mind. Definitely looking forward to this season.
verbinflectionJan 18, 2023 12:37 PM
Jan 19, 2023 7:48 AM
May 2019
Thankfully animation is now better not like in S1. I hope for the best, Later the judgement for story. Its only begining don't be so hard guys, just enjoy the show.
Jan 20, 2023 5:04 PM
Jan 2023
This episode is really stupid, the writer and producer are both stupid. This episode is just a waste of time being filled with gag scenes that should have been cut out. Seems like they lack interesting ideas and so are just using delayed and boring scenes to fill in the animes. Was expecting seichi to at least meet with his classmates (since S01). Can't believe more than 20mins was wasted to meet the F class
ShadyaftermathJan 20, 2023 5:09 PM
Jan 21, 2023 3:21 AM

Feb 2020
You can tell they had some fun with the animation in this.

feels like a better start than the first season hmm

well Im just hoping that some of the girls dont get super sidelined, especially the loli.

Mar 5, 2023 7:20 AM
Jan 2021
Good to see. I love it very much.
Mar 5, 2023 11:32 AM
Dec 2018
o grande humor esta de volta
Mar 7, 2023 3:34 AM
Oct 2017
They make jokes that was not funny at all
Apr 15, 2023 10:02 AM
Jan 2012
worst anime i have ever actually tried to watch.
Dec 16, 2023 3:58 PM
Jun 2012
Immense improvement over the first season.

The animation has taken a large step up across the board. The directions
and fluidity of motion too.

The characters feel much better. Have better environmental interactions.

Alongside cleaned up and detailed designs. Other than this... Its still the same source so expect more of the same.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 27, 2023

52 by Mystyc_Cheez »»
Jun 10, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Feb 24, 2023

54 by Matiasa »»
Apr 19, 6:17 PM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 4 Discussion

Marinate1016 - Feb 3, 2023

46 by Jonathas_Michael »»
Apr 13, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 10, 2023

29 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Mar 14, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Shin Shinka no Mi: Shiranai Uchi ni Kachigumi Jinsei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 31, 2023

88 by x0xKalipsox0x »»
Feb 20, 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.