Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2022 6:09 PM

Jan 2021
Ive seen a decent amount of people complaining about Chika being useless and only being there for comedic purposes. I still think she's a great character and I think she's super useful to Shirogane and his development especially when the creator dissected parts of him in this 3rd season. Its also nonsensical to assume because ones purpose if for comedic purposes they are therefore bad because at the end of the day its all about execution and I think the author did a good job with her.
Jun 25, 2022 6:17 PM
Apr 2021
She’s great! Her peak might’ve been in the first season but she’s still an essential element of the show and cast dynamic. I got a Nendoroid of her, no regrets
Jun 25, 2022 6:19 PM

Jan 2021
malraptor64 said:
She’s great! Her peak might’ve been in the first season but she’s still an essential element of the show and cast dynamic. I got a Nendoroid of her, no regrets

Good for you! I'm not into nendroids but I like getting figures of characters I like. So far I have Rengoku, Mai Sakurajima, and Tsubasa Hanekawa.
Jun 25, 2022 6:27 PM
Jan 2015
Chika's positivity is her golden trait. However, she has other traits that can get annoying. She's self-centred, egotistical, entitled, whiny, just to name a few.

Remember when she heard that Ishigami shared the same birthday as her? She immediately got mad at him and refused to celebrate his birthday (this is brought up again in the Chika/Ishigami birthday chapter much later in the manga).

"It's MY special day!! If I have to do it with you, then its not mine anymore!!" - Chika Fujiwara
Jun 25, 2022 6:46 PM

Jan 2021
stella555 said:
Chika's positivity is her golden trait. However, she has other traits that can get annoying. She's self-centred, egotistical, entitled, whiny, just to name a few.

Remember when she heard that Ishigami shared the same birthday as her? She immediately got mad at him and refused to celebrate his birthday (this is brought up again in the Chika/Ishigami birthday chapter much later in the manga).

"It's MY special day!! If I have to do it with you, then its not mine anymore!!" - Chika Fujiwara

I can see that but I don't think she's that way for most of the time, I think that if she was the other members of the student council wouldn't want to be friends with her.
Jun 25, 2022 7:10 PM
Feb 2021
stella555 said:

Plus, she was so mean to Miyuki as well when Miyuki ask her to teach him. She's toxic. I never liked her since S1
Jun 25, 2022 7:19 PM

May 2021
She's a bit interesting to me since she appears like an airhead on the surface but can be so manipulative as we have seen in previous seasons. Oh, and I like her adventure against the Ramen kings.

Jun 25, 2022 7:54 PM
May 2021
she's a pretty good character, but if I had to say from the main (shirogane, kaguya, Fujiwara, ishigami, Iino) she's definitely my least favorite, I like hayasaka more than Fujiwara too, but she does have her comedic moments, especially with the Ramen kings and shi, and whenever she brings out a board game to the council room it's always funny, I just personally think she's my least favorite compared to the rest
Jun 25, 2022 8:01 PM
Feb 2022
ShunsuiSama said:
Ive seen a decent amount of people complaining about Chika being useless and only being there for comedic purposes. I still think she's a great character and I think she's super useful to Shirogane and his development especially when the creator dissected parts of him in this 3rd season. Its also nonsensical to assume because ones purpose if for comedic purposes they are therefore bad because at the end of the day its all about execution and I think the author did a good job with her.

She’s my wife 😘
Jun 25, 2022 8:03 PM
Jun 2021
NGL, she used to be my favourite character of this show in the first season and that was her peak

However after getting more deeper in her character in season 2, I found her kind of annoying and after the first half of season 3 her character was like a filler

As of now I am more biased towards Ishigami & Miyuki
Jun 25, 2022 8:53 PM

Jan 2020
Chika is always cute. Not #1 in the show imo but she is always a cool addition

Jun 26, 2022 12:23 AM

Nov 2021
never cringe so #1
Jun 26, 2022 1:44 AM

Jan 2019
She was my favourite character in the first season and is an essential part of the group dynamic, but I think her lack of development in comparison to the other characters makes her probably my least favourite of the main cast at this point.

Jun 26, 2022 6:24 AM

Jul 2021
all i can say about her is that she's annoying.

Friends are nothing more than the people who you spend the fun, yet meaningless times with. When those times get rough, they aren’t there to support you.

My Mushoku Tensei Review
Jun 26, 2022 8:16 AM

Mar 2021
Don't like her. She's very annoying
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2022 8:46 AM

Jul 2021
We need Chika's development. Her VA said she's being left out!
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 26, 2022 1:33 PM
Ichigo Parfait
Oct 2015
I love how convincing she is as a character. She fills in this gap in the cast and I think without her it'd feel really empty. Her basic characterisation is that she's cute and an airhead but Aka Akasaka is a genius at adding depth to his characters and Chika is no different. Alongside being a cute airhead, she's also pretty selfish, stupid, egotistical and prone to cheating. She's a bit of a snake as well, but all of these negatives make her even more fun to watch. She's also ultimately caring and witty a lot of the times. She's great.
Jun 28, 2022 1:15 PM

Jan 2020
Ngl, she’s become less and less relevant as the series as progressed. Ishigami even had a larger role than her, which was fine by me because he’s my favourite character in the series
Jun 28, 2022 2:22 PM

Aug 2015
At the very least, her relationship with Shirogane is funny and makes sense considering she's busted her ass multiple times trying to teach him shit he's terrible at. At the very least, that part being explained in one of the episodes adds to her character.

If a character gets less screentime for some episodic parts or an arc, whatever. If she played love detective in past seasons, why not have Shirogane distract her with something like that for his ULTRA ROMANTIC plan? I see that as both comedy and having a good callback for her character. I don't know where the manga goes. If she gets more attention later on, there we go. If she matters less and less, then maybe I'm more inclined to agree that she's useless.
Jun 28, 2022 2:51 PM

Jan 2022
She’s definitely the least developed Major Character of the cast and kind of a one trick pony. She does that one trick very well however and has done an excellent job at cutting the tension of Shinomiya and Shirogane’s Death Note style scheming.

I have not read the Manga and do not know how things progress, but I am very unsure how I would feel about her getting the Ishigami treatment. If they can pull it off, sure whatever, but I don’t really think there’s a need to give every single character a super deep/sad backstory. I’m rather satisfied with how she is right now and don’t see an issue with only using her as a comedic element.
-insert NGE meme here-
Aug 12, 2022 1:15 AM

Oct 2008
Her development as a character has been the most seamless. Every other important character needed a backstory to assist with their development. Only Hayasaka's development matches Chika in how seamless it was. Not to mention that in Chika's case we initially thought of her as just fun loving and an occasional riot. But by the end of s3 we see there's more to her than what's on the surface.
Aug 12, 2022 1:52 AM

Feb 2021
Can get on my nerves easily, half the time I find her annoying, the other half she's funny

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaChroma - Jun 25, 2022

509 by rohan121 »»
Jun 5, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

405 by Ari__Kun »»
May 16, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

227 by lilkatkitten »»
May 14, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

332 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

237 by Assassin2112 »»
May 3, 7:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.