Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2013 4:46 PM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not a very interesting episode. Wasn't Asuka supposed to be in highschool, so then why is another teenager the same age as her on a cruise ship gambling. That whole scarf thing was stupid.
Apr 29, 2013 4:49 PM

Mar 2012
Well I don't really like this episode too.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 5, 2014 2:18 AM

Jul 2008
Another lame villain, did the original series have this many dumb bad guys?
Dec 31, 2021 12:09 PM

Aug 2019
WolfWood37 said:
Another lame villain, did the original series have this many dumb bad guys?

No, because most of the villains in DM were created by Takahashi, who was a competent manga writer and the anime's staff simply had to piggyback off of his writing when adapting his characters.

GX in season 1 has a huge problem with antagonists being lame and underwhelming. Boy was especially pathetic here given his crush on Asuka being his motivation for arriving at the school. At least Asuka got another duel though.
Jun 19, 2022 5:28 PM

Jan 2010
How...many times has someone fallen in love with Alexis at this point? It's been quite a few episodes, but I think it's two or three not counting the people interested in her during the cosplay bit? Also, how'd she get her mother's scarf snatched in elementary school, but never bothered to get it back after all this time?
Jul 9, 11:17 PM

Dec 2016
The gambler was a pretty neat themed CotD and I was a little disappointed to find out Gamble Angel Bunny isn't a real card! That was a frustrating duel lol
If you enjoy anime (wild assumption on this site, I know) and want a club to discuss and watch it with, check out Anime Advocates! https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=73517

My dragons <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 46 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Apr 29, 2013

8 by BassoContinuo »»
Jul 14, 6:27 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 45 Discussion

5 by BassoContinuo »»
Jul 13, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 44 Discussion

Tennouji - Apr 29, 2013

7 by BassoContinuo »»
Jul 13, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 42 Discussion

Tennouji - Apr 29, 2013

10 by BassoContinuo »»
Jul 9, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX Episode 41 Discussion

16 by BassoContinuo »»
Jul 9, 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.