Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 3, 2022 6:02 AM

Sep 2008
Anime PTW length: 111

Manga PTR length: 0

Main source of finding shows to add: For new titles, largely rely on Livechart.me to dabble into titles of potential interest. Older titles, whatever I buy up for physical release or the occasional random review I come across on Anime News Network.

Priority on clearing your PTW/PTR: Low. In most instances, it would be in cases the title doesn't get my interest when I preview it.
Apr 3, 2022 6:19 AM

Sep 2021
Anime PTW length: 141

Manga PTW length: 10

Main source of finding shows to add: Youtube & MAL

Priority on clearing your PTW: very low (I still want to add more)
Apr 3, 2022 6:30 AM

May 2020
Anime PTW: 484
Manga PTW: 209
Main Source of Finding: TikTok
Priority of clearing: I'll clear now and again it just depends whenever I'm in the mood I guess

I'm not proud of it.. lmao
Apr 3, 2022 8:05 AM

Mar 2012
Anime list length: 119

Manga list length: 64

Main source of finding shows to add: Recommendations section, advanced search, searching based on tags/themes on manga-updates, manga that are available for free on one of the apps I've installed

priority on clearing your PTW: Low

Notes: I never open my ptw list, any anime/manga that I pick up that happens to be on my ptw is by pure coincidence.
Apr 3, 2022 8:12 AM

Apr 2021
Maou_heika said:

Notes: I never open my ptw list, any anime/manga that I pick up that happens to be on my ptw is by pure coincidence.

It happens a lot where I’ll see a second meme from X TV show and will be like “woah! That looks like fun! I should add it to my PTW!”

But then when I get on MAL and search it, I find out it was already on there. At least I’m constant on shows that look interesting…
My poor signature was removed because it “took up too much space”
Apr 3, 2022 8:14 AM

Apr 2021
Eziprez said:
Anime list length: 34
Notes: I haven't touched my PTR in ages lol. I just start reading things instead of putting them on there. I mostly do this because I update my lists once a week though.

I use my PTR as “read when/if we ever get an English paperback version”

Most of the things there don’t ever make it to reading ๐Ÿฅฒ
Apr 3, 2022 8:23 AM
Jul 2021
Anime PTW length:272
Manga PTR length:38
Main source of finding shows to add: Telegram YouTube Pinterest
Priority on clearing your PTW/PTR:Medium
Apr 3, 2022 8:25 AM

Nov 2018
Anime PTW length: 471
Manga PTR length: 294
Main source of finding shows to add: mostly MAL or youtube
Priority on clearing your PTW: medium

sos, there's a goddess
in disquise
Apr 3, 2022 8:43 AM

Feb 2021
Anime PTW length: 3649

Manga PTR length: 23360

Main source of finding shows to add: MAL, Wikipedia, some special sites, Youtube

Priority on clearing your PTW: Medium (I really need to clean both my lists to leave only what I will watch and read)
Apr 3, 2022 9:18 AM

Apr 2021
Anime PTW length:862

Manga PTR length:305

Main source of finding shows to add: MAL/Youtube/Anilist

priority on clearing your PTW: High

I do hope I get to clear those things since my watching list is getting full of anime that I must watch first since finding it on my ptw list is so tedious so I find shows that are basically good and put them on the watching list so I know what to watch first
Apr 3, 2022 9:35 AM

Aug 2020
Anime PTW length: 39

Manga PTR length: 6

Main source of finding shows to add: MAL / Peer (Most of my PTW entries are sequels anyway)

Priority on clearing my PTW: Low (I read/watch when i feel like it)
I love bread

Apr 3, 2022 9:36 AM

Sep 2018
Anime PTW length: 514

Manga PTR length: 325

Main source of finding shows to add: I literally just add whatever

priority on clearing your PTW: I’m never going to finish it, let’s be real.
Apr 3, 2022 9:37 AM

Apr 2020
Anime PTW Length: 676
Manga PTR Length: 96
Main Source: YouTube, Discord, MAL
Priority: Low
Apr 3, 2022 9:50 AM

Apr 2018
Anime PTW length: 461

Manga PTR length: 111

Main source of finding shows to add: MAL, memes, tumblr, discord, reddit, youtube

Priority on clearing your PTW: Medium
Apr 3, 2022 9:58 AM

Nov 2020
Anime PTW length: 480

Manga PTR length: 20

Main source of finding shows to add: MAL (mostly profiles/lists of other users)

priority on clearing your PTW: Medium

Notes: I use spin.moe to pick what to watch, so I don't even remember what I've added and why : D
Apr 3, 2022 10:08 AM

Jul 2019
Anime PTW length: 1,154

Manga PTR length: 494

Main source of finding shows to add: Latest MAL additions, memes, gifs, just surfing MAL.

Priority on clearing your PTW: Low

Notes:
Very damn low. My watching is my new PTW lol. My actual PTW list is only gonna get bigger and bigger. It is just a last resort thing. Used it for Amaburi tho, and it was a rather good pick, if I do say so myself.
Apr 3, 2022 10:32 AM

Apr 2020
As of writing this post:

Anime PTW length: 51 (that used to be 120+)

Manga PTR length: 9 (this number has not changed for over 6 months...which is saying something about me on reading manga)

Main source of finding shows to add: YT/FB clips & memes + MAL itself (that's all you need and you could interchange Facebook with Twitter or Reddit)

priority on clearing your PTW: Medium (will plan to do something about it once real life stuff is done with)

Notes: (Warning: this is a long one so be patient with reading okay)

@NotTaiga7 :)
Apr 3, 2022 10:34 AM

Apr 2018
Anime PTW length: 4

Main source of finding shows to add: Idk

priority on clearing your PTW: I will delete all of them someday but won't watch any of them

Apr 3, 2022 4:23 PM

Apr 2021
raiderublaze said:
As of writing this post:

Anime PTW length: 51 (that used to be 120+)

Manga PTR length: 9 (this number has not changed for over 6 months...which is saying something about me on reading manga)

Main source of finding shows to add: YT/FB clips & memes + MAL itself (that's all you need and you could interchange Facebook with Twitter or Reddit)

priority on clearing your PTW: Medium (will plan to do something about it once real life stuff is done with)

Notes: (Warning: this is a long one so be patient with reading okay)

@NotTaiga7 :)

Holy- what the- oh my- you-

Wow, that was truly incredible and touching. You just said everything I feel and love about watching anime but can’t put into words. Here, you earned two cookies! hands them over

This was also eye-opening, yeah, no need to rush though my PTW quickly as possible, it’ll have less meaning and I’ll just burn myself out.

So thanks!
Apr 4, 2022 12:04 AM

Sep 2019
Anime PTW length: 67

Main source of finding shows to add: Random clips/art I come across, also stuff a offline buddy is always reccomending

priority on clearing your PTW: high

Notes: I've actually been making quite a dent in my ptw list the past few months

Manga PTW length: 18

Main source of finding shows to add: Most of them are novels or side stories of anime/manga I really like. The rest are titles I noticed when wandering the bookstore that caught my eye

priority on clearing your PTW: medium

Notes: Some I will start to read as I go through my reading list, others arent happening anytime soon. I've been neglectin reading manga for awhile until recently and will limit starting anything new for quite a while as iv overloaded myself a bit
Apr 4, 2022 1:38 AM

Oct 2008
Anime PTW length: 83

Manga PTR length: 62

Main source of finding shows to add: MyAnimeList seasonal anime

priority on clearing your PTW: Mid

Apr 10, 2022 3:12 AM

Mar 2022
anime PTW length: 428

manga PTR length: 1

main source of finding shows to add: For anime it's MAL and I usually just add anything and everything that catches my eye. For manga it's anime that I have some sort of interest in (usually to check out how it was adapted). And if it's a manga with no anime adaptation I don't PTR it but just search for ideas when I feel like picking up a manga.

priority on clearing your PTW: Low. I'm not in a rush to clear it, I watch/read at whatever pace suits me that day.
Apr 10, 2022 10:30 AM

Jun 2019
Anime PTW length: 489 (currently)

Manga PTR length: 415 (currently)

Main source of finding shows to add: these days, it's on MAL

priority on clearing your PTW: probably low

Notes: I use my PTW/PTR as my sole source for things to read or watch. If it never winds up on there, in 99.9% of cases, it's never getting watched or read. Thus they end up kinda bloated because I like to give things a try. There's basically zero chance I ever clean out either, lol, but that's just how it is. I wanna watch as much as I can but I also don't like overloading myself, and any time I've tried to binge things it's only hurt the experience. What's the point of a fun hobby if you take all the fun out of it?
Apr 10, 2022 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
Anime PTW length: 200

Manga PTR length: 99

Main source of finding shows to add: MAL

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
Apr 10, 2022 11:52 AM

Aug 2020
Anime PTW length: 180 (+51 on-hold)

Manga PTR length: 24

Main source of finding shows to add:
Seasonal anime listings, recommendations from anime discussions, looking through genre lists, etc.

Priority on clearing your PTW:
Medium to low. I do generally check my PTW and On-Hold lists first before I start a new show, but while watching I usually find like 3-5 others related to the one I'm watching in some way that then get added instead, making the list grow instead of shrink ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Priority on clearing your PTR:
High. Manga are easy to binge read so it's usually more an issue of availability rather than not wanting to read them yet. If I find a way to read them, I usually do.

Notes:
I wish it was easier to remove anime from my list on mobile. Especially with seasonal shows, I mainly add them to recieve notifications when they come out, but if I hear bad stuff about them I might decide not to watch them after all, but removing them is a serious hassle on mobile, so they tend to just stay in the list even when I don't intend to watch them anymore.
Apr 10, 2022 12:19 PM
Feb 2019
Anime PTW length: 472

Main source of finding shows to add: Memes/Recommendations from previous shows watched

priority on clearing your PTW: Medium

Notes: My plan to watch is pretty long, but my only rule is to not let it get larger than my watched list so we're still good. I usually watch everything form the previous season I wanted to watch and then knock things off the ptw.
Apr 10, 2022 12:25 PM

May 2021
Anime PTW length: 54

Manga PTR length: 5

Main source of finding shows to add: Instagram/Youtube/Memes/MAL

Priority on clearing your PTW/PTR: Very High

“๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ด “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ”. ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ “๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ” ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ค๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ.” – ๐˜š๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ช ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ
สแด€sแดœสœแด€ - า“สŸสแด…แด€ส แด„สœษชษดแด€แด›แดแดกษด

Apr 11, 2022 12:49 PM

Nov 2014
Anime PTW length: 238
Manga PTR length: 8
Main source of finding shows to add: seasonal anime, top lists
Priority on clearing your PTW/PTR: PTW - medium; PTR - low

My PTW will never reach zero because there will always be sequels or new animes that will catch my attention. My objective is to go below 100
(Two years ago, I had about 800 entries on my PTW)
Apr 11, 2022 3:46 PM

May 2015
Anime PTW length: 0

Main source of finding shows to add: Seasonals page before the season starts

priority on clearing your PTW: As soon as the show airs and can be added to watching list

Notes: It's been like this for several years now. At first, I also had a long intimidating list of about 120+ anime and the easiest way to clear that list was to just delete everything without mercy. I figured that if I truly wanted to watch something I'd find it anyway either through genres, recommendations or simply by remembering. If I forgot about something so be it, means I didn't really want to watch it. I decided to only watch things that I'm in the mood for without any pressure to complete just for completion. Long lists can confuse the perfectionist inside me but watching anime is supposed to be an enjoyable process not a goal, and there is no need to rush. I only use PTW for seasonals because it's convenient this way.
Apr 12, 2022 10:50 AM
Mar 2020
heh.

Anime PTW length: 796

Manga PTR length: 109

Main source of finding shows to add: idek

Apr 12, 2022 10:59 AM

Jul 2020
Anime PTW length: 121 entries

Manga PTR length: 106 entries

Main source of finding shows to add: Reddit I guess? It’s kind of all over the place though

priority on clearing your PTW: High

Notes: I use my PTW/PTR sort of like a menu, so whenever I want to start a new series, I scroll through them to find something. I’ll add anything to my list that I think I might enjoy.

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Apr 12, 2022 11:10 AM

May 2018
I don't know what to do with my PTW list. I'm afraid my life span might be not enough to finish it.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best girl from Ecchi anime

Catalano - Yesterday

12 by enigmasauce »»
7 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 3 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

106 by aanj1n »»
10 minutes ago

» Watching the same anime over and over again

otaku2000anime - Yesterday

20 by aanj1n »»
17 minutes ago

» What's your most anticipated anime from summer 2024 ?

ZXEAN - Today

27 by luisfunes99 »»
22 minutes ago

» A character who is impossible to love?

torsan88 - Jun 6

33 by JaniSIr »»
23 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.