Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 28, 2022 2:03 AM

May 2020
Its no hidden secret that Jujutsu Kaisen is one of the most popular shows to bot, character favorites wise. It happens every year with the most popular anime. First it was attack on titan, then, Re;zero, then demon slayer, and now Jujutsu Kaisen.

Why does Sukuna have over 7k favorites? Not only is he not even a true character, but he has less than a full episodes worth of screen time over the entirety of the first season. For him to have nearly as many favorites as Megumi, the most complex character of the show, is proof enough that heavy botting is going on.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 28, 2022 2:08 AM

Jan 2021
Because he is daddy
"Human potential for evolution is limitless. Steel Ball Run is not peak fiction it's beyond fiction and possibly even the pinnacle of human literature, an amalgamation of all the masterpieces "
-The Ruler of this universe
Mar 28, 2022 2:08 AM

Mar 2013
He's like the most iconic character.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Mar 28, 2022 2:09 AM

May 2020
EvenJellyOn said:

no way u said that with daddy kakashi 2.0 right there
Mar 28, 2022 2:10 AM

Feb 2021
people are just horny
Mar 28, 2022 2:12 AM
Feb 2021
Apparently Sukuna is really popular on TikTok. There are a lot of trends and/or edits or something. That might contribute to it.
Mar 28, 2022 2:13 AM
Nov 2020
CickNipolla said:
Its no hidden secret that Jujutsu Kaisen is one of the most popular shows to bot, character favorites wise. It happens every year with the most popular anime. First it was attack on titan, then, Re;zero, then demon slayer, and now Jujutsu Kaisen.

Why does Sukuna have over 7k favorites? Not only is he not even a true character, but he has less than a full episodes worth of screen time over the entirety of the first season. For him to have nearly as many favorites as Megumi, the most complex character of the show, is proof enough that heavy botting is going on.

Because the manga exists and there are really good moments that happen in the manga with him (not all favorites are from anime watchers)
Mar 28, 2022 2:15 AM
Nov 2019
CickNipolla said:

Those favourites aren’t just from watching the anime, manga readers too have marked Sukuna their favourite
Mar 28, 2022 2:31 AM
Jun 2021
Paja03 said:
Because he is daddy
yes.(character limit)
Mar 28, 2022 2:31 AM
Nov 2020
CickNipolla said:

The best characters aren’t always the favorite characters. Maybe they just think he’s cool
Mar 28, 2022 2:33 AM
Jun 2021
Because of simps, so ofc theyre gonna vote for their favorite character, besides I wouldnt really think much about it, those are just favorites after all. Favorites dont really define if a character is complex or well written or whatnot. If a character is complex, but they dont look that attractive, charismatic, interesting etc. to the viewers, it's possible that their favorites would be low, again it depends.

Edit: i mean i aint blaming them, he kinda fine
aceoptimum_01Mar 28, 2022 2:54 AM
Mar 28, 2022 2:34 AM

Jun 2021
CickNipolla said:
EvenJellyOn said:

no way u said that with daddy kakashi 2.0 right there

Kakashi 2.0 lmfao
Mar 28, 2022 2:40 AM

Jul 2021
Nah making an exception about Sukuna, he literally told us to know your place, fool.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Mar 28, 2022 2:53 AM
Feb 2021
bro dont realize the fact that 7k includes manga readers aswell
Mar 28, 2022 2:53 AM
Dec 2020
CickNipolla said:

Probably because of the manga, it’s how like in my hero’s anime there is no way shigaraki would have a bunch of favourites but where he is at in the manga I think he is a great character jujutsu kaisen is also one of the biggest manga in the world right now so a lot more people have seen what he does later on
Mar 28, 2022 3:13 AM

Apr 2021
Megumi's a complex character?
you're joking, do you know what the word "complex" means ?

Megumi = Sasuke Ripoff
that's all he is
I love Monogatari Series
Mar 28, 2022 3:23 AM

May 2021
Have you heard of this thing called the manga? No, right? Thought so. Go check it out. And there's your answer.

Mar 28, 2022 3:30 AM
Jan 2022
Paja03 said:
Because he is daddy

real af☠️☠️☠️
Mar 28, 2022 3:39 AM
Aug 2020
CickNipolla said:

he’s a good character plus manga readers i mean i have sukuna style nails rn, the guys iconic, j because you don’t think he deserves it doesn’t mean it’s bots
Mar 28, 2022 3:52 AM

Dec 2020
Man really forgot that we manga reader exist. You anime onlies don't know why us manga reader like his character so much
Mar 28, 2022 4:14 AM
Aug 2021
bruhhh sukuna is 100x badass than megumi
Mar 28, 2022 4:15 AM
Aug 2021
even if he got short screenplay, it was enough to show how powerful and badass he is
Mar 28, 2022 4:16 AM

Jan 2021
Indeed, every show that you're dissatisfied with is botted. This world revolves around you. You're the Sun of this universe.
Mar 28, 2022 4:22 AM
Mar 2021
First of all you should read what you say and you will get your answer, it's called favourite it has nothing to do with screentime character writing or complexity, i think you forgot that manga exists and it's ahead of the anime and most importantly he's hot af
Mar 28, 2022 4:24 AM

Mar 2011
It's almost like there's a manga or something that's developed the character further that people have also read. Hmm. 🤔
Mar 28, 2022 5:12 AM
Jul 2021
tbh i know a friend that loves sukuna
Mar 28, 2022 5:13 AM
Jun 2021
Paja03 said:
Because he is daddy

This right here ^^^
Mar 28, 2022 5:53 AM

Dec 2020
Forgot about manga readers?

CickNipolla said:

Agreed. But you forgot to mention the anime with the most botted character. Code Geass.

aktiwkunn said:

Megumi = Sasuke Ripoff
that's all he is

If by ripoff you mean having the same hair colour, then yes, he is.
Mar 28, 2022 6:04 AM

Apr 2021
troilus_05s said:

CickNipolla said:

Agreed. But you forgot to mention the anime with the most botted character. Code Geass.

aktiwkunn said:

Megumi = Sasuke Ripoff
that's all he is

Don't know if you're being oblivious on purpose but by a ripoff I mean

- Mysterious chad emo boy of the idiot
trio
- one who thought he was the talented
one but soon got overtaken by the
idiot protagonist

You can find more if you look into it.
I love Monogatari Series
Mar 28, 2022 6:11 AM

Dec 2020
aktiwkunn said:

trio
idiot protagonist

It just means you didn't watch the show properly. The only thing Megumi and Sasuke have in common is their hair colour. They couldn't be more different. He isn't a "mysterious chad". He isn't emo. He doesn't consider Itadori as his rival. He is Itadori's genuine friend. He is talented. His only problem is that he held himself back. Did you watch episode 23? He was able to pull off an incomplete Domain. Tell me any other sorcerer who can pull off a Domain besides Gojo. Only Gojo could, right? Even Nanami, who is a Grade 1 couldn't. Yuji can't.

And Yuji is far from an idiot. I am not going to argue about that though. That's a discussion for another day.
Mar 28, 2022 6:33 AM
Jan 2021
i figure 1) the manga has more and 2) people like even the smallest character i.e. Boba Fett of star wars
Mar 28, 2022 7:25 AM
Nov 2021
Manga readers love him
Mar 28, 2022 8:17 AM

Jan 2020
He's basically the face of the series. I doubt that most of his favorites were caused by bots.
Mar 28, 2022 8:20 AM

Jan 2021
While its true that series like Jjk has far too many bots, but sukuna is still a pretty popular character. Manga readers might not contribute to such a big number, but still many anime viewers, especially girls do like him.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Mar 28, 2022 8:33 AM

Dec 2020
have you not seen the sukuna compilations on yt..💀💀. but yeah it also counts manga readers and he's been given more screentime there so .!
Mar 28, 2022 8:38 AM

Jun 2021
Would people really bother using botting on MAL..?
Mar 28, 2022 9:14 AM
Nov 2021
I wonder why Gojo have such a huge no of favourites🙂
Mar 28, 2022 9:30 AM
cool title here
Mar 2022
nah sukuna low key cool asf
~ Frost
Mar 28, 2022 10:08 AM

Apr 2021
aktiwkunn said:

Megumi = Sasuke Ripoff
that's all he is

This has got to be the most egregious shit I have read on a forum.
We'Ve StEpPeD iNtO a WaR wItH tHe CaBaL oN mArS
Mar 28, 2022 10:19 AM

Apr 2021
troilus_05s said:
aktiwkunn said:

trio
idiot protagonist

It just means you didn't watch the show properly. The only thing Megumi and Sasuke have in common is their hair colour. They couldn't be more different. He isn't a "mysterious chad". He isn't emo. He doesn't consider Itadori as his rival. He is Itadori's genuine friend. He is talented. His only problem is that he held himself back. Did you watch episode 23? He was able to pull off an incomplete Domain. Tell me any other sorcerer who can pull off a Domain besides Gojo. Only Gojo could, right? Even Nanami, who is a Grade 1 couldn't. Yuji can't.

And Yuji is far from an idiot. I am not going to argue about that though. That's a discussion for another day.

"No no, if you watch the show properly they're not same at all like blah blah blah" man stfu

If you don't think JJK main cast is a bad ripoff of team 7 from Naruto you're in some serious denial right now.

The whole show is mediocre
I love Monogatari Series
Mar 28, 2022 12:10 PM

May 2020
google exists for a reason folks, use it. there are archive websites that allow you to go back in time and see that he had practically no favorites before the anime aired.
Mar 28, 2022 12:12 PM

May 2020
troilus_05s said:

CickNipolla said:

aktiwkunn said:

Megumi = Sasuke Ripoff
that's all he is

about a year ago they did their big bot removal and the anime with the highest botting wwas

- re zer
- demon slayer
- one piece
- darling in the franxx
- hunter x hunter

you can probably still find the thread about it, since it wasnt very long ago
Mar 28, 2022 12:13 PM

Dec 2020
aktiwkunn said:

"No no, if you watch the show properly they're not same at all like blah blah blah" man stfu

If you don't think JJK main cast is a bad ripoff of team 7 from Naruto you're in some serious denial right now.

There's no need to watch the show properly. Anyone with common sense can understand they aren't the same.

You are making some stupid nonexistent connections and trying to support your absolutely baseless claims. I am not in denial. You cannot look past your hatred for the show.

You could not counter my points and thus resorted to ad hominem attacks.
There is no point in even trying to converse with someone as narrow minded as you.
Mar 28, 2022 12:13 PM

May 2020
elaenim said:
Would people really bother using botting on MAL..?

unfortunately yes, up to 40% of some characters favorites have been found to be botted sometimes. its normally only shonen shows though
Mar 28, 2022 12:18 PM

Dec 2020
CickNipolla said:

about a year ago they did their big bot removal and the anime with the highest botting wwas

- re zer
- demon slayer
- one piece
- darling in the franxx
- hunter x hunter

So no JJK :P

That's just according to MAL's definition of bots. Can't trust the data. Also, I was talking about a character from Code Geass. Not the show. Lelouch. Do you have the data for the characters? I am sure Lelouch is botted a LOT. Just like the other characters at the top.

Anyway, I was just trying to mess with you. I don't care about bots. And Sukuna favourites are mostly manga readers and a lot of anime onlies who find him cool.
troilus_05sMar 28, 2022 12:22 PM
Mar 28, 2022 12:27 PM

Dec 2020
CickNipolla said:
google exists for a reason folks, use it. there are archive websites that allow you to go back in time and see that he had practically no favorites before the anime aired.

Because most of his favourites come from manga readers. He wasn't a big character in the manga when the anime started airing. He was still famous though. And anyway, there are also a lot of anime onlies who find him "cool". And now it has been 1.5 years since the anime and ~4 years since the start of the manga. There's nothing fishy about the favourites.

I just checked. He had more than 5000 favourites in April 2021. This is the earliest you can go back too. Where did you find one from October 2020?
troilus_05sMar 28, 2022 12:31 PM
Mar 28, 2022 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
aktiwkunn said:
troilus_05s said:

Then to you, every series or show with 1 girl, 2 boys kind of team would be a rip off of team 7 in Naruto. In fact, not just team 7, why don't we throw in team 8 and team 3. Don't forget Team 7 version 2 with Sai and Yamato. I was gonna include team 10 but I realised Shikamaru ain't edgy enough.

JJK might be mediocre but Naruto as well. Maybe in your opinion, Naruto is awesome but in my view, Naruto was as mediocre as JJK is.
I used to think Naruto was awesome. But since it ended, it has been almost 3 years. I think to myself it was not actually that deep.

I don't know what you see in JJK that is similar to Naruto but some people just don't see it. So just accept that.
Mar 28, 2022 12:35 PM

May 2020
troilus_05s said:
CickNipolla said:

- re zer
- demon slayer
- one piece
- darling in the franxx
- hunter x hunter

So no JJK :P

That's just according to MAL's definition of bots. Can't trust the data. Also, I was talking about a character from Code Geass. Not the show. Lelouch. Do you have the data for the characters? I am sure Lelouch is botted a LOT. Just like the other characters at the top.

Anyway, I was just trying to mess with you. I don't care about bots. And Sukuna favourites are mostly manga readers and a lot of anime onlies who find him cool.

lelouch was botted the least out of the top 10 characters
Mar 28, 2022 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
troilus_05s said:

There's no need to watch the show properly. Anyone with common sense can understand they aren't the same.

You are making some stupid nonexistent connections and trying to support your absolutely baseless claims. I am not in denial. You cannot look past your hatred for the show.

There is no point in even trying to converse with someone as narrow minded as you.

Maybe to them, there is something. Just something. But we can't see

But I dunno. Other than having 1 girl and 3 boys with a teacher kind of team, I don't see anything beyond that. Gojo might look like Kakashi and have similar characters but Gojo kinda set himself apart even if it is through comedy.

Itadori isn't as dumb as Naruto has been. He does certainly acts clueless at times. Nobara is not like Sakura at all! Okay, maybe their angry reactions but apart from that, I don't see Sakura in Nobara. Gege actually wrote a girl character. not like Kishimoto who seemed clueless with half the girls he wrote in Naruto.

So what was that guy even on about?
removed-userMar 28, 2022 12:46 PM
Mar 28, 2022 12:49 PM

May 2020
therefore-I-AM said:
troilus_05s said:

Maybe to them, there is something. Just something. But we can't see

But I dunno. Other than having 1 girl and 3 boys with a teacher kind of team, I don't see anything beyond that. Gojo might look like Kakashi and have similar characters but Gojo kinda set himself apart even if it is through comedy.

Itadori isn't as dumb as Naruto has been. He does certainly acts clueless at times. Nobara is not like Sakura at all! Okay, maybe their angry reactions but apart from that, I don't see Sakura in Nobara. Gege actually wrote a girl character. not like Kishimoto who seemed clueless with half the girls he wrote in Naruto.

So what was that guy even on about?

this is like trying to argue that an apple and a different colored apple arent both an apple. Naruto very clearly coined many concepts that JJK copied. The fact that you are having to make excuses on the similiarties shows you already refuse to even acknowledge the concept of JJK copying naruto
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 19, 2020

496 by _Murgi33 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

455 by Agathusian »»
Yesterday, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ringare - Oct 30, 2020

293 by Phinyxia »»
May 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

332 by Phinyxia »»
May 24, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

277 by Phinyxia »»
May 24, 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.