Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2022 11:40 PM

Jan 2013
obviously an ad for the mobile game, even though i have no desire to play it (only the mainline games for me)
they pretty much condense the Tales formula into one small package
start off little doing simple things, then conflict with the government/imperial body, and ultimately saving the world from catastrophe with an anti-hero/anti-villain friend, usually the childhood kind, being in the party’s way

the Fire Emblem-ish CG is fine, not offensive like most anime CG. the teacher lady got some insane abs
dannymilkJan 20, 2022 11:43 PM
Jan 20, 2022 11:43 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
As an anime only, I don't know anything about the source material, but this felt like it just adapted the middle of a longer story. While this isn't exactly ideal for newcomers, you do get a certain sense of what's going on with the characters and the world.

The pacing is clearly rushed, but the fight scenes looked cool and the music by Go Shiina was fantastic and one of his best soundtracks yet.
Jan 21, 2022 1:52 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah I knew going in I might not understand it since I've never played the game. But they did a pretty good job of giving us the gist of it. But man when I saw this is only two episodes I thought laaaaaaame. Seems kind of an ok idea but what can I really get out of two episodes, especially since it's like mid story. I thought this was gonna be a season. Well whatever, I'll just watch it to kill time at 4am!

I only have one criticism and it's about the 3D character animation.
Honestly the 2D animation is done pretty well, how the sick mother and child we're drawing along with everything else 2D like the buildings and stuff all look really good so it's just really out of place having this kind of janky 3D mixed with it.
Collins89Jan 21, 2022 2:02 AM
Jan 21, 2022 11:10 AM
Jan 2018
I'll never understand why they keep insisting on this awful CGI anime.

The body movements, the character expressions... everything looks so fake and awful I can't focus on the series at all.
Jan 21, 2022 1:30 PM

Dec 2015
i don't know why anybody is complaining about the CGA in this one. i just finished Funimation's Eng. dub of ep1 and it looks and sounds great! it is REFRESHING to see a CGA show do ALMOST NO blending of the computer and hand-drawn style of animation work. there are so so FEW hand-style moments and those were AMAZINGLY well done!

this 1st ep is LIGHT YEARS beyond shows like 'EX-Arm' and 'Tesla Note' that got 12 episodes broadcast on TV in Japan.

seriously folks, if somebody like Bandai Namco and Kamikaze Douga can put this much 'mojo' into just two episodes it really should give us HOPE for the future of animation! i believe high quality shows like this will come in the future that are more CG and less done by hand with paper, pencils, and pens for the key animation and the 'grunt work' being done on PC workstations.

also, my sources for the dub are: https://dubbing.fandom.com/wiki/Tales_of_Luminaria and of course https://blog.funimation.com/2021/09/23/funimation-to-stream-tales-of-luminaria-the-fateful-crossroad-anime/

perhaps one or more of the intrepid users/creators/editors here on MAL will update the cast list?
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jan 21, 2022 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
why does the OST feels like it was done by MONACA!?
5/5.

Jan 22, 2022 2:50 AM
May 2008
matias067 said:
why does the OST feels like it was done by MONACA!?
5/5.

The soundtrack is composed by Go Shiina (God Eater, Tales of Legendia)
Jan 22, 2022 7:48 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
How is it possible that I've played the game and I have no clue what's going on lol, this wasn't in any part I've played

The CGI looks really nice though, especially considering Rusted Armors is airing right now
Jan 22, 2022 10:56 PM
Jul 2016
MagicPolly said:
How is it possible that I've played the game and I have no clue what's going on lol, this wasn't in any part I've played

The CGI looks really nice though, especially considering Rusted Armors is airing right now

Yes, it's part of a new story for the game also.. But have you played eps Lucien? Most of the build-up is in his eps I think.
gofhilmanJan 22, 2022 10:59 PM
Jan 23, 2022 8:21 PM
Anime Moderator
May 2018
gofhilman said:
MagicPolly said:

Yes, it's part of a new story for the game also.. But have you played eps Lucien? Most of the build-up is in his eps I think.

I honestly didn't get through a lot of the game lol (I think the last thing I remember is meeting Maxine in the cave?)
Jan 24, 2022 5:57 PM
Jul 2016
MagicPolly said:

I honestly didn't get through a lot of the game lol (I think the last thing I remember is meeting Maxine in the cave?)

Okay, it seems that you only played Leo eps 1. There are another 20 episodes right now. Give it a chance. The story will be gradually more interesting.
Jan 25, 2022 3:18 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Pretty interesting part so far. But since i don't really understand whats story behind this. This is quite hard to follow up. So, i am just watching this for girls that looks nice. One more episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 8, 2022 10:21 PM
Oct 2019
hmm, not bad

i mean, i don't understand why they didn't take the key thing to the top of the tower immediately after stealing it, but hey haha

empire vs federation. weird technology. beasts. emblios(sp?). no clue what's going on but it's decent

6/10
Dec 3, 2022 12:44 AM

Feb 2021
The animation is not bad but the story is too short. I need more...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Luminaria: The Fateful Crossroad Episode 2 Discussion

anime-prime - Jan 20, 2022

17 by YudiYusantoS »»
Dec 3, 2022 1:27 AM

» First 10 Mins. & PV 2

tsubasalover - Jan 7, 2022

0 by tsubasalover »»
Jan 7, 2022 7:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.