Forum Settings
Forums

Villains we can't really consider Villains?

New
Dec 1, 2021 5:50 AM

May 2021
I often see some people who can't consider some characters as Villains like Itachi, Eren, and Garou. some of their fans defend them to death and say they are more like antihero and not villains.

Like the title said, which characters can you not consider as Villains??
Dec 1, 2021 6:15 AM

Oct 2020
Obito, Kaneki, and Eren. rather than Villains I consider them as Broken Hero.
Dec 1, 2021 6:16 AM

Aug 2018
Homura from Madoka Magica and Suigintou from Rozen Maiden. Pretty similar characters and it's hard not to root for them.
Dec 1, 2021 6:30 AM
Aug 2021
Every villain, they're just excerising their freedom
Dec 1, 2021 6:35 AM

Oct 2020
Kamirararararagi said:
Agree, Every Villains is Just a Broken Hero, except for the bastard Shou Tucker.
Dec 1, 2021 6:41 AM

Nov 2011
Villains and hero difference depend on how the author pictured them, you should root for them or not. As long as another hero side of the story exist to oppose them, then they are not hero nor anti hero, they are villains or anti villains.

I don't read the manga, but isn't Armin's POV is supposed to be the side readers to root for in majority part of the last arc of AoT ? Then Eren is an anti villain at best.
Itachi in the opposite is an anti hero when his past revealed simply because the author wanted us to understand his POV. There is no hero's POV to oppose his "villainess". This is despite a fact that probably he did worse thing than Eren for some people.
Jim_HeartDec 1, 2021 6:45 AM
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Dec 1, 2021 12:42 PM

Jul 2021
most well-written antagonists are like that. meruem, funny valentine, askeladd etc.

Dec 1, 2021 5:28 PM

Aug 2011
Tsukasa from Dr. Stone because he has a really good point to what he's doing.
desu desu binches
Dec 1, 2021 5:42 PM

Nov 2016
We can't consider Akainu as villain. Neither Katakuri.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 1, 2021 5:55 PM

Mar 2018
Scar. He was the protagonist of FMAB as far as I’m concerned.
Dec 1, 2021 6:02 PM

Nov 2019
Ogre from Kemono Michi was meant to be the main antagonist but deep down he just felt like cuddling with Genzou the entire show. He was literally depressed after Genzou isekaid from the ring.
Dec 2, 2021 7:22 AM

Dec 2020
Snow_dropindo99 said:
Kamirararararagi said:
Agree, Every Villains is Just a Broken Hero, except for the bastard Shou Tucker.
Here, that's is my answer and the best answer of your thread.

For your Information:

Dec 2, 2021 7:33 AM

Aug 2021
A good written 'villian' is the one which makes people think for once ... Whose side to pick..

Best example is parasyte.. that show has no villains both are equally cruel , bad and trying to survive by harming others just like any other species
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Dec 2, 2021 7:38 AM

Dec 2020
itachi

mereum( hell even he is the main protagonist of the chimera ant arc)
Dec 2, 2021 7:40 AM
Mar 2021
Kaiki Deishuu for me. His introductory scene presented him like this very malicious figure but by the end of Hitagi end arc he felt like just another character in monogatari. He neither felt like a villain nor somekind of hero, just a 'fake', a con man, as he said him himself.
Other such characters were Meruem and Takasugi.
Dec 2, 2021 7:41 AM

Dec 2020
[quote=Kamirararararagi message=65075828]Every villain, they're just excerising their freedom[/quote

really nice thought
Dec 2, 2021 9:37 AM

Aug 2018
You should clarify if you mean antagonist or villain, because not every antagonist is a "villain" but every villain is a villain.

A villain is someone who does "evil" deeds.
An antagonist is someone who obstructs the protagonist.

Itachi, Pain, and Obito aren't really villains, they all operate based on "the ends justify the means" (ultimately all of these characters want peace), but they do all obstruct the protagonist, so they are all antagonists.
Poyo.
Dec 2, 2021 9:40 AM

Sep 2021
The chemistry between L and Light always confuses me. L is technically the antagonist but is he really?
Dec 3, 2021 3:59 AM

Aug 2018
Althaf_ said:
The chemistry between L and Light always confuses me. L is technically the antagonist but is he really?
This is why people overlapping Hero/Villain with Protagonist/Antagonist is bad. Your protagonist (or hero of the story) is always the character that you follow through the story, regardless of whether that person is even a slight heroic human being. The antagonist (or the villain of the story) is always a person who obstructs the protagonist from achieving his/her goal(s).

Light is the protagonist and hero of the story, because it is he who we follow through the story. L is the antagonist/villain because he attempts to obstruct Light from achieving his goals.

Don't think about "good" and "bad" based on your own perspective, but instead from the perspective of the main character.
Poyo.
Dec 3, 2021 4:20 AM
May 2018
Althaf_ said:

L is definitely the antagonist because he opposes Light who is the protagonist.
As far as being a hero or villain, I'd say the term anti-villain describes Light best; he does (from our perspective) unjust actions for a noble cause.
I'd hesitate to call L a hero or villain because he's not motivated by doing good or evil, since his motivation is merely from intrigue, I'd say he's an anti-hero, just less edgy that a lot of anti-heroes out there.
Dec 3, 2021 5:22 AM

Oct 2008
Keyaru (Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi)
Sakai Yuuji (Shakugan no Shana)
And I'm all out, maybe Momonga from Overlord and Tanya from Youjo Senki, but I feel they deserve their villain status.
Dec 3, 2021 1:32 PM
Mar 2021
cornonacob said:
Tsukasa from Dr. Stone because he has a really good point to what he's doing.

exactly! he's like "maybe we shouldn't bring back the boomers". Given *broad gestures to everything going on in the world now* he has a great point there! Senku just wants to bring back technology because he's a damn nerd, he's not thinking fully about the implications of restoring civilization as it was. #TsukasaDidNothingWrong
Dec 3, 2021 1:40 PM
Jul 2017
Villains were not born villains, they were regular people. They just went about life in a sort of twisted way. They are just broken heroes, apart from some exceptions
Dec 13, 2021 6:50 PM
Dec 13, 2021 6:56 PM

Jun 2021
Pain... Villain word is quite small to describe him...
Haven't found a good anime dialogue to copy yet!!

More topics from this board

» Is it cheap to have girls in bikini in non beach episodes?

Catalano - 33 minutes ago

4 by rohan121 »»
1 minute ago

» Is there an anime character that you whole-heartedly hate? ( 1 2 3 4 )

swirlydragon - Apr 17, 2021

196 by jellylo »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime of the Season

Raajdeep - Yesterday

49 by rohan121 »»
17 minutes ago

» Hot take: mappa is the mcdonald's of anime studios ( 1 2 )

Deathlydash - Yesterday

82 by Zetsu_95 »»
17 minutes ago

» 🌸Anime Spring 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Sep 5

155 by Adnash »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.