Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 3, 2021 7:23 PM

May 2021
Outside of how Jotaro is a big step-down from Joseph as a protagonist and character development is pretty much non-existent (Polneraf being a possible exception) the biggest problem with this arc is that there are way too many fights. Nearly every single episode plays out exactly the same. The Crusaders go to a new location, encounter enemy stand, commence a lengthy fight that takes up the majority of the episode (sometimes two episodes), and then the Crusaders outsmart them and win or they just win by deus ex machima. Remember Star Finger? lol. Cut out some of the boring fights like Dark Blue Moon, and condense most of the multiple part fights into one episode and it'll fix nearly all the pacing issues with this arc. D'arby the Gambler, Pet Shop, Cool Ice, and of course Dio's World are still top-tier fights tho
HakeemPOct 3, 2021 7:30 PM
Avatar: The Last Airbender is an anime
Oct 3, 2021 7:44 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
HakeemP said:
Outside of how Jotaro is a big step-down from Joseph as a protagonist and character development is pretty much non-existent (Polneraf being a possible exception) the biggest problem with this arc is that there are way too many fights. Nearly every single episode plays out exactly the same. The Crusaders go to a new location, encounter enemy stand, commence a lengthy fight that takes up the majority of the episode (sometimes two episodes), and then the Crusaders outsmart them and win or they just win by deus ex machima. Remember Star Finger? lol. Cut out some of the boring fights like Dark Blue Moon, and condense most of the multiple part fights into one episode and it'll fix nearly all the pacing issues with this arc. D'arby the Gambler, Pet Shop, Cool Ice, and of course Dio's World are still top-tier fights tho
Swagmandias said:
Definitely agree. I think it has a strong start and everything in the second half/season was honestly really good and the final fight was awesome. But damn, the majority of fights in the first half were so...meh.

I agree with litterally everything you said about the figths, pacing, weaker characters etc. I enjoyed part 1 and 2 way more. I know it's supposed to get better and I don't hate it or anything, I will come back to it but my God when I click on part 3 S2 ep1 and it opens with some wacky dog jokes and the immediate introduction of more monster of the week stand user shenanigans... Well I droped it like it was hot. I swear I will come back but God damn does it not need to be 50 friggin EPs long😅😅.
Oct 3, 2021 7:46 PM
Mar 2021
" Part 3 was like an experiment done by Araki to define a new power system " said by The Anime Man
Oct 3, 2021 7:47 PM

May 2021
momentie said:
HakeemP said:
Swagmandias said:
Definitely agree. I think it has a strong start and everything in the second half/season was honestly really good and the final fight was awesome. But damn, the majority of fights in the first half were so...meh.

I agree with litterally everything you said about the figths, pacing, weaker characters etc. I enjoyed part 1 and 2 way more. I know it's supposed to get better and I don't hate it or anything, I will come back to it but my God when I click on part 3 S2 ep1 and it opens with some wacky dog jokes and the immediate introduction of more monster of the week stand user shenanigans... Well I droped it like it was hot. I swear I will come back but God damn does it not need to be 50 friggin EPs long😅😅.
I feel you. It'll sound like I'm beating a dead horse but you really should stick with it. The fights get so much better when they actually arrive in Egypt and you gotta push through Part 3 so you can get to Parts 4 and 5
Avatar: The Last Airbender is an anime
Oct 3, 2021 7:52 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Oh yeah, I still had a good time with it but god... after a while it did feel like a bit of a chore to finish this.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 3, 2021 8:03 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
HakeemP said:
momentie said:

I feel you. It'll sound like I'm beating a dead horse but you really should stick with it. The fights get so much better when they actually arrive in Egypt and you gotta push through Part 3 so you can get to Parts 4 and 5

I know and I promise I will😂😂, and truely I do find even the worst episodes have a certain amount of charm and endearingness to them😎👍
Oct 3, 2021 9:00 PM
Jan 2021
HakeemP said:

Also how they Handled Avdol , just stay dead or don't die , it's simple . The 1993 OVA had some issues but it got a bunch of things right.
Oct 4, 2021 2:24 AM
Dec 2015
Disagree it introduces you to a lot of stands and what they can do and like open your mind to possibilities.

It also builds the tense towards the big DIO fight. I really enjoyed it.
Oct 4, 2021 2:24 AM
Dec 2015
Disagree it introduces you to a lot of stands and what they can do and like open your mind to possibilities.

It also builds the tense towards the big DIO fight. I really enjoyed it.
Oct 4, 2021 2:33 AM
Mar 2019
HakeemP said:

Thank God I'm not the only one who thinks this.This entire anime is so reliant on its fights and they feel so long that it hurt my enjoyment of it greatly.Like Come on why do some fights take 2-3 episodes.I get that Important characters like Hol Horse and other important characters need a lengthy fight but there are so many 2 epsidoe long fights that the tension literally fades away after every fight(except the fights you mentioned.)
I thought that when we reached Egypt,i went okay,No more filler fights.Then i saw the episode count for the egypt arc and didnt feel like watching the show anymore.but i did and luckily the last few fights did make up the really boring first half of the egypt arc.
Hey atleast we got memes of some fights tho.
I'll say this though.The fact that David Productions animated all these fights while keeping with the Jojo Artstyle is mad props to the team.Seriously this would have been a nightmare if it were someone else animating this.
Oct 4, 2021 4:01 AM
May 2021
I jusr treated it like an episodic comedy show. Personally, it's my favorite after part 2. Old Joseph is really funny.
Oct 4, 2021 4:13 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't mind the length at all. Quite the opposite. We got more time with the boys, which was the most my favorite squad out of all parts. Their antics and dynamics were hilarious. So yeah, Part 3 was really strong in the comedy department. Every episode was a banger.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2021 9:20 AM
Jul 2015
Completely agree. I nearly almost quit watching JoJo entirely at this part because it’s such a drag.
Oct 4, 2021 4:12 PM
Aug 2019
Most of the fights of the 1st part of Part 3 are a bit boring but nice to assist the one that is awesome is the baby with and another one I do not remember. But yeah the 2nd part is much better.
Oct 4, 2021 7:07 PM

Dec 2019
FMmatron said:
I didn't mind the length at all. Quite the opposite. We got more time with the boys, which was the most my favorite squad out of all parts. Their antics and dynamics were hilarious. So yeah, Part 3 was really strong in the comedy department. Every episode was a banger.

Agreed, i must say the Stardust Crusaders has got to be one of my most favorite JoJo main cast. It feels like it has a really good group dynamic & chemistry.
One of the reason why i really enjoyed Part 3 as a whole is due to this strong camaraderie between the Crusaders, and this is especially prevalent in the first half of Part 3.
Oct 4, 2021 9:31 PM

Oct 2020
I understand people hate part 3 because of this. But for me, part 3 is the most fun part. I love the characters, the comedy is hilarious, cool fights. I don't mind part 3 being this long. I guess that's just my anime taste because I love monster of the week style.

Oct 5, 2021 1:11 AM
Jul 2018
100% agree with you. I've always thought the same.
Oct 5, 2021 8:46 AM
Jan 2021
Yeah i agree it felt rather predictable at times. Also the jokes became kinda meh in my opinion. Allthough the art is always on point and the fights that were interesting REALLY slapped (pet shop, d'arby, dio etc)
Oct 5, 2021 8:49 AM
Jun 2021
I don't think so,Part 3 is my most favorite part after part 7.

I loved how long it was and it was part 3 that made me a JOJO fan.And I loved the fights

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Akanezora - Jul 11, 2014

128 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 29, 12:55 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

131 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 29, 12:16 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Aug 29, 2014

182 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 20, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

233 by Martin_Taylor »»
May 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - Jul 25, 2014

156 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 16, 10:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.