Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 2, 2021 8:08 AM
Apr 2020
I love that this shows finally getting the exposure it deserves, its genuinely amazing. I personally dont think its a masterpiece but its still damn good. The thing thats annoyed me though is that every single time this show has cropped up in the comments or replys to any anitubers discussing it, it gets hate purely for being a donghua. The wider anime community seems way more wrapped up in making comments about the political climate of China which I guarantee almost no one making those points actually care about or, the fact its not technically anime or a number of other stupid reasons that have nothing to do with the anime and its just kind of annoying that this show and others are being overlooked for things that have nothing to do with the show.

Is it just because the shows Chinese, or do you guys know if theres another reason why people are trashing on it???
Aug 2, 2021 8:30 AM
Apr 2021
I genuinely haven’t seen hate for it anywhere. So it might just be certain crowds that are predisposed to negativity? I personally loved the show. I can understand if it’s not for everyone, but I enjoyed it and got a lot of my friends to watch it too. If the hate is purely for it being Chinese, well, that’s sus! I wouldn’t pay attention to people with those attitudes. There’s no helping them.
Aug 2, 2021 8:34 AM
Oct 2020
Well its #21 highest scored anime of all time here on MAL so I’d say its pretty highly rated

Some people are Japanese elitists though so they probably never watched it
Aug 2, 2021 8:44 AM

Sep 2020
People who are hating this anime probably haven't watched this masterpiece.

They are blindly hating this show just because it's a Chinese anime.
Aug 2, 2021 8:46 AM
May 2020
I haven't seen any hate anywhere though, all I can think of why they hate this is because it's a Chinese animation and it has score higher than most of their favorite anime, just some old fashioned racist thingy.
Aug 2, 2021 8:55 AM
Apr 2020
Playay said:
I haven't seen any hate anywhere though, all I can think of why they hate this is because it's a Chinese animation and it has score higher than most of their favorite anime, just some old fashioned racist thingy.
Ive mainly seen it on twitter, which is a cesspit in itself, it might not be that big an issue but it still annoys the hell out of me lmao
Aug 2, 2021 9:45 AM
Jul 2021
It’s only Twitter actually, so I wouldn’t worry about the hate. Twitter users will hate on everything, they’ll find like the most irrelevant arguments ever just to annoy others. Just don’t listen to em.
Aug 2, 2021 10:48 AM
Jan 2021
Idk about hate , but dislike yes...a lot of people couldn’t get them to watch it bcz of the Chinese language. They didn’t enjoy the voice acting and so didnt quite like it
Aug 2, 2021 12:28 PM
Feb 2020
there is literally no hate
Aug 2, 2021 7:26 PM
Jul 2018
No one hate this show but they don't wanna give it a try either

Special thanx to chinese government , i personally have no problem with Chinese people(not government) even after being an INDIAN but majority of the people have, because the hatred china created towards itself by corona so I don't blame anyone coz its genuine , personally i loved this show
Aug 2, 2021 7:33 PM
Feb 2020
I haven’t seen a single thing hating on it
Aug 2, 2021 8:11 PM

May 2021
It's mostly twitter though.
Twitter users make arguments on the most irrelevant topics and hate on literally anything.
Nothing to worry tbh let those twitter lackeys say what they want I you liked the show then great and if you didn't then also it's totaly fine but spreading unnecessary hate or not giving it a try just because it's a donghua is utter crap ngl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2021 8:41 PM

Jan 2021
Huh…??
I haven’t seen hate yet.
Aug 2, 2021 9:16 PM
Jun 2021
Wait people are hating on it?
Aug 2, 2021 9:21 PM

Jul 2019
Let's not take twitter seriously here, shall we?
Secre393 said:
Playay said:
Ive mainly seen it on twitter, which is a cesspit in itself, it might not be that big an issue but it still annoys the hell out of me lmao

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 2, 2021 10:58 PM
Jul 2021
Secre393 said:
I love that this shows finally getting the exposure it deserves, its genuinely amazing. I personally dont think its a masterpiece but its still damn good. The thing thats annoyed me though is that every single time this show has cropped up in the comments or replys to any anitubers discussing it, it gets hate purely for being a donghua. The wider anime community seems way more wrapped up in making comments about the political climate of China which I guarantee almost no one making those points actually care about or, the fact its not technically anime or a number of other stupid reasons that have nothing to do with the anime and its just kind of annoying that this show and others are being overlooked for things that have nothing to do with the show.

Is it just because the shows Chinese, or do you guys know if theres another reason why people are trashing on it???

well idk about hate but I have seen many people giving these excuses to not watch link click. Anf tbh I find it funny at the same time a bit irritating. Oh well in the end, they are the one losing here. (for not watching this gem.)
Aug 2, 2021 11:52 PM
Jul 2021
I don't how ppl can hate on this when some people are praising the hell out of shows like akame ga kill and seven deadly sins I know ppl who do that
Aug 2, 2021 11:57 PM

Jul 2020
Just stop over reacting, I never saw any hate for this series ever,

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 3, 2021 12:04 AM

Mar 2021
Scordolo said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1942040

Mate it was the top forum for like two days
Aug 3, 2021 12:06 AM
Aug 2021
Becuase it’s good
Aug 3, 2021 12:07 AM

Jul 2020
LustKamisama said:
Scordolo said:

What? He said people should start watching Chinese Animation.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 3, 2021 12:11 AM

Mar 2021
Scordolo said:
LustKamisama said:

Spend some time reading through the post as the responses are the haters. OP of that forum is a fan of this series so considering it’s the only acclaim Chinese animation this year, it’s most likely referencing this one.

The same type of response for that forum can be found on Twitter when certain anituber is promoting this show.
Aug 3, 2021 12:29 AM

Jul 2020
LustKamisama said:
Scordolo said:

Spend some time reading through the post as the responses are the haters. OP of that forum is a fan of this series so considering it’s the only acclaim Chinese animation this year, it’s most likely referencing this one.

The same type of response for that forum can be found on Twitter when certain anituber is promoting this show.

They are hating on Chinese Animation overall. Not specifically Link Click. So your link doesn't justify this claim.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 3, 2021 12:57 AM

Mar 2021
Scordolo said:
LustKamisama said:

They are hating on Chinese Animation overall. Not specifically Link Click. So your link doesn't justify this claim.

Connect the dots, I shouldn’t have to link twenty Twitter post for you to guess why people is hating this show.
Aug 3, 2021 12:59 AM

Jul 2020
LustKamisama said:
Scordolo said:

Connect the dots, I shouldn’t have to link twenty Twitter post for you to guess why people is hating this show.

Ignote the Twitter posts. They hate literally anything in existence.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Aug 3, 2021 1:00 AM

May 2021
chyna bad upvotes to the left

Aug 3, 2021 1:03 AM

Mar 2015
Nope you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Some people blindly hate everything that comes out of China.
Aug 3, 2021 4:21 AM

Sep 2020
Because it's a masterpiece
Aug 3, 2021 4:32 AM

Feb 2020
People just hate on things to hate on them they almost never elaborate their opinions they just call it overrated trash. If people hate this anime for the sole fact that it's Chinese that's their problem and they need to fix their morales and grow up.
Aug 3, 2021 5:37 AM
Jan 2021
Bro i think the ending cliffhanger was little edgy. Hate comes from the language tho.
Aug 4, 2021 1:06 AM
Oct 2020
Because it's chinese
Aug 4, 2021 5:58 AM

Jul 2020
I'm yet to see someone hate on this show. If anything, its getting the recognition that it deserves. It has gained almost 25k members in around 15 days. And thats really high since aot s1 gained around 30k members in the same time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2021 9:34 PM
May 2021
At least it gets recognized in its original country and the season 2 has already been confirmed. I'm happy enough with that and just ignore the haters. Some people in my circle refuse to give Shiguang Dailiren a chance since it's not from Japan.

At first, I'm quite doubtful about this donghua since there are not too many people watching it and it gets quite a high score in MAL. So, I first watched Shiguang Dailiren with negative impression. After 5 episodes, I totally change my mind. What a hidden gem. Since Steins;Gate, there is hardly any time-travel anime that get me totally hooked up like Shiguang Dailiren: great character design, masterful storytelling and many touching moments.

Aug 15, 2021 5:47 AM
Jun 2021
HAHAHAHA... Those weebs can't even comprehend chinese dub, while they keep watching trash harem isekai instead.
Jul 12, 2022 1:03 AM

Oct 2008
I haven't watched Gigguk's video on it yet. But I haven't seen the hate you're describing. I mean I'm pretty late to the party, having binged it only yesterday. But the fact it's the highest rated ONA on MAL, means haters come with the territory.

More topics from this board

» Did this Anime get a ratings boost?

redfield-9 - Jun 4

8 by KayKimii »»
Jun 4, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ilalochezia - Apr 30, 2021

79 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stardew - Apr 30, 2021

171 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Jun 1, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mystrias - May 20, 2021

155 by Salah_og »»
May 31, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shiguang Dailiren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jul 14, 2021

340 by WatchTillTandava »»
May 29, 8:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.