Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 9, 2021 8:11 AM
Jul 2021
I'm on the 30th episode should I drop this? Is there something interesting coming? Can I watch dbz if I drop this can I understand the story?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2021 8:13 AM

Jan 2021
Yes, you can watch DBZ without watching this.
Personally I wouldn't even recommend any Dragon Ball franchise.
there are many better animes than DB.

Edit : Lol, DBtards caught my bait.
KiR4TJul 9, 2021 10:07 PM
Jul 9, 2021 8:20 AM
Feb 2021
_anime_fan_698 said:
I'm on the 30th episode should I drop this? Is there something interesting coming? Can I watch dbz if I drop this can I understand the story?
just read the manga, the anime is not worthy. If you still want to watch Z watch Kai instead, it’s a remake with zero fillers and a way better adaptation of the manga overall, with good animations
Jul 9, 2021 8:20 AM
Apr 2021
if u planning on dropping DB, i have no hope left for u. just go and commit your sin.
Jul 9, 2021 8:21 AM
Jun 2020
_anime_fan_698 said:
Watching this before Z or Kai will make you care about the characters. Also, I like the Piccolo Arc
Jul 9, 2021 8:23 AM

Feb 2015
DBZ is worse than the first series.
Nov 2020
_anime_fan_698 said:
I loved the 1985 anime, but you should definitely skip the whole Red Ribbon Army arc. The tournaments and Piccolo arc are awesome. You can watch Z without this anime, I just don't recommend it.
Jun 2020
TheRealRouges said:
_anime_fan_698 said:
just read the manga, the anime is not worthy. If you still want to watch Z watch Kai instead, it’s a remake with zero fillers and a way better adaptation of the manga overall, with good animations
Agree, the manga is way better than the anime and I also prefer Kai (in japanese)
Jul 9, 2021 8:24 AM

Jan 2021
PhillyThaNL said:
if u planning on dropping DB, i have no hope left for u. just go and commit your sin.
nothing's wrong in dropping trash
Jan 2021
Bro anime ist entertainment if you don’t like it just drop it. There are hundreds of great anime out there. Watch what you like
Jan 2021
KiR4T said:
People need to stop saying this, you haven’t even seen the original Dragon Ball
Jul 9, 2021 8:27 AM
Apr 2021
KiR4T said:
PhillyThaNL said:
yeah says the dude who rated Rent-A-Girlfriend a 7/10
Jul 9, 2021 8:28 AM

Jan 2021
Well, if you are targeting me than lemme tell you that I did watched original dragon Ball but didnt added it to my list.
Jul 9, 2021 8:28 AM
Apr 2021
kaio_9k said:
KiR4T said:
i 100% agree, there’s no reason for them to hate on it yet they do. it makes no sense bc they’re also the ppl who haven’t watched it
Jul 9, 2021 8:29 AM
Apr 2021
KiR4T said:
Well, if you are targeting me than lemme tell you that I did watched original dragon Ball but didnt added it to my list.
big cap, why would u not add an anime u completed to your list? make it make sense
Jul 9, 2021 8:32 AM

Jan 2021
PhillyThaNL said:
KiR4T said:
big cap, why would u not add an anime u completed to your list? make it make sense

Because I watched it in my childhood and I dont remember shit. Why would I add an anime that I dont remember properly lmao?

PhillyThaNL said:
KiR4T said:

Gonna cry about it ?

+ Are you seriously comparing a 12ep show with 100+ ep show 💀💀
KiR4TJul 9, 2021 8:43 AM
Jul 9, 2021 8:36 AM
Apr 2021
For me it just took some time to adapt to such an old anime. Other than that i enjoyed the whole franchise a lot and binged it very easily. You can watch dbz without db but you wont be bonded to characters at all
Jul 9, 2021 8:39 AM
Apr 2021
Bitch Fight is comming soon on March 6 between KiR4T and PhillyThaNL
Question: are you from the Nederland PhillyThaNL because in your name is NL
Jul 9, 2021 8:39 AM
Feb 2021
Nothing just drop i watched full but is kind a many fillers etc...
Jul 9, 2021 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
Go fuck yourself👌🏻
Jul 9, 2021 8:45 AM
Apr 2021
KiR4T said:
PhillyThaNL said:

Because I watched it in my childhood and I dont remember shit. Why would I add an anime that I dont remember properly lmao?

PhillyThaNL said:

Gonna cry about it ?

KiR4T said:
PhillyThaNL said:

Because I watched in my childhood and I dont remember shit. Why would I add an anime that I dont remember properly lmao?
ahh yeah i felt this, i don’t add anime that i don’t remember much about either, so how can u call it trash when u don’t remember much? bozo

PhillyThaNL said:

Gonna cry about it ?

dude how can u call an anime trash when u don’t remember much? u sound like a fucking bozo rn.

and trash is trash regardless of the episode count
Jul 9, 2021 8:49 AM

Jan 2021
PhillyThaNL said:
KiR4T said:

Gonna cry about it ?

KiR4T said:

ahh yeah i felt this, i don’t add anime that i don’t remember much about either, so how can u call it trash when u don’t remember much? bozo

Gonna cry about it ?

dude how can u call an anime trash when u don’t remember much? u sound like a fucking bozo rn.

Lmao, If I dont remember any anime, than its obviously mean it wasnt any special.

Plus, I only told op that he can skip the original DB. Why are you getting mad if called your favourite series 'trash'.

I just dont like asspull animes. Just leave the internet if you cant take criticism dude.
Jul 9, 2021 8:55 AM
Jan 2021
Goku voice is so sweet and acurate and story is also og and great but just skip fillers episode and watch it
Jul 9, 2021 9:00 AM
Apr 2021
KiR4T said:
PhillyThaNL said:

Lmao, If I dont remember any anime, than its obviously mean it wasnt any special.

Plus, I only told op that he can skip the original DB. Why are you getting mad if called your favourite series 'trash'.

I just dont like asspull animes. Just leave the internet if you cant take criticism dude.
mf i never said it was one of my favorite series, and u said u watched it when u where a kid, going by your logic any anime i’ve watched as a kid is trash bc i don’t remember much of it.

u sound mad dumb rn
Jul 9, 2021 9:14 AM
Trash

Jul 2015
Skipping Dragon Ball is like skipping all the other beginning series of an anime just to watch the good stuff. Dragon Ball is more of a story driven and comedy series while Dragon Ball Z is more fighting and power ups. Don’t just skip dragon ball and watch Z, you’ll have no idea who these characters are or how they got to where they are now.
Jul 9, 2021 9:17 AM
Jun 2021
kaio_9k said:
KiR4T said:

Fr like people needa understand that you need to watch dragon ball first then go on to dbz. If you we’re to just skip dragon ball, you would be completely lost when going to dbz.
Jul 9, 2021 9:45 AM

Jan 2021
_anime_fan_698 said:

People aren't really giving you a clear picture here. I'll try to do so, without being a clown.
So DragonBall suffers from pacing issues throughout the series. You will be pretty well prepared for them if you start with the orignal. Also, Z has a pretty chaotic start and things won't hit REMOTELY as hard as they will otherwise.
Most of the people here themselves started off with Z as kids and dropped the original, so they'll give you a pretty biased opinion.
So I'd Reccomend watching the Orignal, preferably at 1.5-2x speed, and then moving onto Dragon Ball Kai/Z Kai(Sub/Dub) instead of the orignal Z. Z had episodes worth of useless staredowns and padding that will almost make you want to kill yourself. Go with Kai, that improves pacing and touches up animation.
Jul 9, 2021 9:51 AM

Jan 2021
Seiidou said:
Skipping Dragon Ball is like skipping all the other beginning series of an anime just to watch the good stuff. Dragon Ball is more of a story driven and comedy series while Dragon Ball Z is more fighting and power ups. Don’t just skip dragon ball and watch Z, you’ll have no idea who these characters are or how they got to where they are now.

fr and then they say yamcha and tien didn't have screentime. bruh they had arcs dedicated to them lol.
Jul 9, 2021 9:54 AM

Mar 2020
If you want a fast pass then read manga it’s humorous and interesting. It probably won’t take long to finish it...
"The best defence is a good offence" - Kiyoshi Fujino (Prison School EP 11)
Jul 9, 2021 9:56 AM
Feb 2021
I can only make an informed decision based on the certain aspects of the series you do like. If u like zero of this series by episode 30 then why tf would u keep watching.

Overall though I do recommend the manga for this series, even though I did enjoy the series.
Jul 9, 2021 10:00 AM

Jan 2021
KiR4T said:

I agree, but it's a pretty good starter to get introduced to shonen tropes. And from the looks of it, the OP has just started.
Jul 9, 2021 10:02 AM

Jan 2021
certifiedbinger said:
KiR4T said:

I agree, but it's a pretty good starter to get introduced to shonen tropes. And from the looks of it, the OP has just started.
well yes its a pretty good anime for starters.
Jul 9, 2021 10:10 AM
Trash

Jul 2015
certifiedbinger said:
Seiidou said:

fr and then they say yamcha and tien didn't have screentime. bruh they had arcs dedicated to them lol.
I will admit I didn’t watch Z first but that’s because I grew up watch it after school on Toonami along with Sailor Moon and Hamtaro, I don’t really remember much about Z besides the Frieza and Trunks stuff, then a few years ago when I started getting big into the manga and anime community I decided to watch it completely. And it’s one of my favorite mangas. The anime is good too, and yeah they really do have arcs dedicated to them. You can’t just have food character development without having your very own arc.
Jul 9, 2021 11:26 AM
Apr 2021
There will be some bad episodes ahead like the whole next arc but once you get past that, BOY IS IT WORTH IT!
Jul 9, 2021 11:43 AM
Dec 2019
_anime_fan_698 said:
drop it fasho, the payoff is not worth it.
Jul 9, 2021 11:46 AM
May 2019
_anime_fan_698 said:
dragon ball is better than dragon ball z on my part but yeah np harm there will be like little reminders to the old dragon ball once in a while but not to important
Jul 9, 2021 11:47 AM
Feb 2021
If u know all the characters just skip to the king piccolo arc
Jul 9, 2021 12:16 PM
Apr 2021
KiR4T said:
db still better than 90% of shonen imo, all the dbz haters ive meet have the stupidest explanations why its bad, when the only actual dragon ball that truly sucks is dbgt. So shut ur mouths. (i dont mean u btw)
Jul 9, 2021 12:19 PM
Apr 2021
I highly recommend watching db before watching z, its funny, wholesome, i guess you dont 100% need to watch it, if feel the need to then go for it, if not just skip to the piccolo arc.
Jul 9, 2021 12:33 PM
Mar 2021
Im not a fan of DB, just skip it in my opinion
Jul 9, 2021 1:07 PM
May 2021
_anime_fan_698 said:

It's basically filler after filler and dragged out episodes. Just watch DBZ, this is where the plot and tension kicks in. DBS is mostly fanservice.
Jul 9, 2021 1:58 PM
Feb 2021
KiR4T said:
PhillyThaNL said:
chizuhara more trash
Jul 9, 2021 2:32 PM
Nov 2020
KiR4T said:
what are you doing here then
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Jul 9, 2021 3:01 PM
Feb 2021
You could skip DB and watch DBZ, but you'll skip on how Goku became stronger. But in all honesty, you don't really need to watch DB.
MAL is like a secondary Reddit.
Jul 9, 2021 4:03 PM
Jan 2021
You'll miss out on martial arts tournament where goku does some really cool moves xd
Jul 9, 2021 4:12 PM

Feb 2016
You are right at the part where the filler begins.

certifiedbinger said:

What they got is nothing compared to what Vegeta got.
その目だれの目?
Jul 9, 2021 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
_anime_fan_698 said:

Because you’d be missing out on the greatest anime of all time that paved the way for many of the greats today and laid a lot of footwork
Jul 9, 2021 9:34 PM
Apr 2020
If you don’t like it so far then I’m sorry for you bro. Maybe try the manga
Jul 9, 2021 10:18 PM
Feb 2021
Just skip to Z if u want but not gunna lie I like the original dragon ball more than z
Jul 9, 2021 11:07 PM

Jan 2021
Lucifrost said:
You are right at the part where the filler begins.

certifiedbinger said:

What they got is nothing compared to what Vegeta got.

Is Vegeta a side character dude? Vegeta basically replaced Krillin as the deuteragonist. There can only one of those yknow. That's like saying the screentime Bakugo gets is more than Mineta and Kaminari. Ofc he gets more screentime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 46 Discussion

Mashui - Dec 26, 2009

24 by oozePOP »»
Jun 9, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 27 Discussion

Scribbly - Dec 29, 2008

32 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jun 1, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 25 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Sep 30, 2010

32 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 31, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lPix - Dec 31, 2009

58 by Netbug »»
May 30, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lPix - Dec 31, 2009

60 by Netbug »»
May 29, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.