Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Case Study of Vanitas
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 3, 2021 10:49 AM
Feb 2021
So I had this anime in my watch list and I saw some forums saying how good the first episode is so I watched it right away. Wow what an start the character design, animation and specially the OST and I already love the dynamic between Noe and Vanitas even we didn't see them that much

Now about the OP and ED... Both are sooo good specially the ED, I have this strong nostalgia feeling with the ED which I can't express. I'm already so obsessed with the ED and been hearing it on loop since I first listen to it. I can't explain but I feel like I've heard it before and It's already my Fav ED from all the animes I've watched.
Jul 3, 2021 10:58 AM

Dec 2018
Usually I skip the OP but this I oddly liked this OP song lol, idk why but I watched the whole thing hahah; its pleasant
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Jul 3, 2021 11:01 AM

Nov 2019
I get ya. I love the OP, which is a love letter to Paris. The lyrics are way too good and slightly painful from a manga reader perspective. Noé and Vanitas fooling around in the city was fun to see too. But I really hope there are other versions so that they can show other characters. This is perfect for 1st episode though. Also I think they went lazy on the title card.

The ED song is at least as good to hear as the Shadows House ED. So basically I am praising it a lot. There aren't many visuals here but they were smart with using the polar opposite natures of the two protagonists. The last frame, which would often be mistaken as fanservice by the norm is the most symbological element of the ending. The transition to deep house genre music foreshadows an unsure and dark future for the protagonists.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 3, 2021 11:13 AM

Apr 2016
I loved how the opening shows Vani and Noé just bonding. There are some calm chapters throughout the manga - especially between arcs -, but we have never got to see the two of them just chilling around the city like that. But I also believe that they will change eventually to include the other characters. I just don't know if they will keep the tour around Paris or go full shonen, with battles scenes and things like that.

The ending is also incredible. Especially because of all the foreshadowing that is hidden there.
Jul 4, 2021 2:08 AM

Oct 2020
Yeah that's my favorite OP this season apart from the Sonny Boy OP.
Jul 4, 2021 4:36 AM

Sep 2015
I agree, I love the songs a lot! I'm still not too sure about the opening's animation itself though, but I loved to see the cameos of two upcoming characters in it, and Vanitas' absolutely terrified face when Noé swung him around.

The ending is my absolute favourite though, mainly because of the song, but also because of the tip of the hat to the manga readers.
Jul 4, 2021 4:38 AM

Jan 2018
The OP is dead, but the ending is great.
Jul 4, 2021 4:50 AM

Mar 2020
Yeah both of them infact are quite Catchy and my favourite from this season.Espeically the ending song..I ahve already listened to it for almost 200 times now
Jul 4, 2021 9:12 AM
Jul 2020
Laplace_kun said:
I get ya. I love the OP, which is a love letter to Paris. The lyrics are way too good and slightly painful from a manga reader perspective. Noé and Vanitas fooling around in the city was fun to see too. But I really hope there are other versions so that they can show other characters. This is perfect for 1st episode though. Also I think they went lazy on the title card.

The ED song is at least as good to hear as the Shadows House ED. So basically I am praising it a lot. There aren't many visuals here but they were smart with using the polar opposite natures of the two protagonists. The last frame, which would often be mistaken as fanservice by the norm is the most symbological element of the ending. The transition to deep house genre music foreshadows an unsure and dark future for the protagonists.
I didn't really think that any Anime ED this season was gonna come close to Shadows House ED , cause that is amongst my most favourite Anime ED ever. But damn I was proven wrong just on Day 2 of Summer Season.

More topics from this board

» Dubbed versions

Vanitas_BMkin - Jun 4

2 by Reevansingh21 »»
Jun 4, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2021

126 by nikki05 »»
Apr 15, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2021

242 by Sasutaschi »»
Apr 6, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Mar 25, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Vanitas no Karte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2021

148 by wallus81 »»
Mar 24, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.