Forum Settings
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
May 16, 2021 10:54 AM
Feb 2019
started reading the manga, I'm at chapter 31 now, he saved Draken's life, became respected, still goes back to the future, where he's still working a menial job. Why not just live his life from that point on, why skip all those years?

In https://myanimelist.net/anime/31043/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi (Erased) the protagonist goes

Mod edit: Changed the title so it's a bit easier to find the thread and added a spoiler tag.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenMay 16, 2021 1:26 PM
May 16, 2021 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
It’s essential for him travel back to the present to know what happens in the past in order to change it.
And also time traveling doesn’t work as simply as you think, who knows what might happen if he stays in the past for too long.
May 16, 2021 12:22 PM

Feb 2021
GreiLugaj said:
It’s essential for him travel back to the present to know what happens in the past in order to change it.
And also time traveling doesn’t work as simply as you think, who knows what might happen if he stays in the past for too long.
That’s just your point of view. Who knows what the creator of Tokyo Revengers thought.
May 16, 2021 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
DeadZer0ne said:
GreiLugaj said:
That’s just your point of view. Who knows what the creator of Tokyo Revengers thought.

I just wrote a logical possibility to prove that the logic behind this decision in the manga serves a purpose.
May 16, 2021 12:32 PM
Feb 2019
I don't think I spoiled anything big, also this is a pretty essential question. I see absolutely no reason to skip back to the future again if everything seems to be working fine and he has another chance at life.

GreiLugaj said:

but it carries a risk of not being able to return back to the past. It seemed to him like he solved everything.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenMay 16, 2021 1:27 PM
May 16, 2021 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
MeansToAnEnd said:
GreiLugaj said:

but it carries a risk of not being able to return back to the past. It seemed to him like he solved everything.

If he solved everything then there’s no need to go back in the past either way. Also the fact that he has a shitty life in the present even after going through all of that, proves that there are still things he must change in the past. Also it’ll be shown in the future chapters that his ability will work as long as he wants it to work. What that means? I’ll let you find out for yourself.
May 16, 2021 1:06 PM
May 2020
MeansToAnEnd said:
started reading the manga, I'm at chapter 31 now, he saved Draken's life, became respected, still goes back to the future, where he's still working a menial job. Why not just live his life from that point on, why skip all those years?

Hina's death is still unsolved. He still has the same mission.
May 16, 2021 1:29 PM

May 2009
Thread moved from the anime adaptation sub-board.

Please make sure to use the right sub-board if you want to talk about the manga. Also cleaned multiple posts that were just about adding spoilers to the thread title. Please report threads with spoilers without spamming in it.
May 16, 2021 1:55 PM

Apr 2019
Plagu said:
Hina's death is still unsolved. He still has the same mission.

Pretty much this.
His sole purpose for going back to the past is to save Hina, not to make his life good.

May 17, 2021 10:11 AM
Feb 2019
I'm at chapter 114 now, still doesn't make sense, it's an entirely new timeline and he's skipping it to a confusing future instead of living it.
May 17, 2021 4:04 PM

Nov 2015
I'm at chapter 114 now, still doesn't make sense, it's an entirely new timeline and he's skipping it to a confusing future instead of living it.

Why is he supposed to live it?
He is supposed to go to the future and see what went wrong to fix it in the past , if you just live it and not know what went wrong this is isn't a time travel , this is just re-living your life.

Also there is a villain , so even if you fix something ,he will mess things up and cause problems , the only thing he should do is directly killing Kisaki to solve everything which he just never thinks of.
May 17, 2021 10:07 PM
Feb 2019
there's his "I fixed things so I'm going home" attitude though, instead of "I'll go check if it turned out alright".
May 18, 2021 2:29 AM
Jul 2018
His 26years body is still in present timeline so if he do that than I think he stuck on time loop
May 18, 2021 1:50 PM
Apr 2020
MeansToAnEnd said:
there's his "I fixed things so I'm going home" attitude though, instead of "I'll go check if it turned out alright".
bruh chill bro just because he doesnt want to stay in the past doesnt mean its a bad thing
May 27, 2021 3:30 PM
Oct 2018
DeadZer0ne said:
GreiLugaj said:

Man, don't get me wrong, I like Tokyo Revengers, but I'm with grei there. The time travel in Tokyo Revengers is awful when you think about it, and the author probably didn't think that much at all concerning physics stuff. He knows how to write two guys beating the shit out of themselves, but this man probably failed all his physics exams during school.
Akkarin! Hai!
May 28, 2021 5:40 AM
Apr 2020
Persona111 said:
DeadZer0ne said:

Man, don't get me wrong, I like Tokyo Revengers, but I'm with grei there. The time travel in Tokyo Revengers is awful when you think about it, and the author probably didn't think that much at all concerning physics stuff. He knows how to write two guys beating the shit out of themselves, but this man probably failed all his physics exams during school.
bruh you saying time travel needs physics? Bro you living in steins gate?
May 28, 2021 6:06 AM
Oct 2018
slenderblak said:

Bruh... are you saying they don't need it then? For example, if you're gonna use a power that uses light, you may respect that light can't go through opaque objects. If you're gonna use time travel, you might have some idea that it will cause entropy everywhere and going back and forth from past to future, changing its own destiny but still retaining the same power is a time paradox; I don't think it kills the manga, but it's surely a great defect
Akkarin! Hai!
May 28, 2021 7:27 AM

Jun 2012
Re-living life as a teenager, no thanks. That only sounds fun in an Isekai setting. Adult life is more fun because you have money.
May 29, 2021 4:13 AM
Apr 2020
Persona111 said:
slenderblak said:

Bruh... are you saying they don't need it then? For example, if you're gonna use a power that uses light, you may respect that light can't go through opaque objects. If you're gonna use time travel, you might have some idea that it will cause entropy everywhere and going back and forth from past to future, changing its own destiny but still retaining the same power is a time paradox; I don't think it kills the manga, but it's surely a great defect
eh still why the hell would you need something fitional, everyone has their own explanation of time travel and no matter how they explain it, its not realistically accurate and the time travel stuff aint the main focus of the show, the main focus is the damn characters, cant your thick skull understand that ?
May 29, 2021 5:35 AM
Oct 2018
slenderblak said:
eh still why the hell would you need something fitional, everyone has their own explanation of time travel and no matter how they explain it, its not realistically accurate and the time travel stuff aint the main focus of the show, the main focus is the damn characters, cant your thick skull understand that ?

Well... I would say time travel is a completely essential component of Tokyo Revenger's plot, since it's what allows every story arc to happen. And yeah, talking about interpretation in science is not very correct at all; even if time travel is really theorethical rather than empirically proved, there are some stablished rules
Akkarin! Hai!

More topics from this board

» Wakui Ken will start a new delinquent manga in Weekly Shonen Jump

ARK-13 - Apr 4

9 by fatimilla_z »»
Apr 5, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Tokyo卍Revengers Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2017

11 by PlasticRobot »»
Mar 11, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo卍Revengers Chapter 279 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bennnii - Nov 18, 2022

55 by Baytamata »»
Feb 7, 10:35 AM

» About Kisaki

Rom-Com_lover - Dec 11, 2023

5 by nexustom »»
Dec 12, 2023 7:41 PM

Poll: » Tokyo卍Revengers Chapter 59 Discussion

Barrycade - Dec 8, 2023

20 by YMW18 »»
Dec 8, 2023 7:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.