taken from weibo,i don't know the source but if someone has ill edit
Sad7727Mar 21, 2021 8:04 AM
Mar 21, 2021 7:51 AM
Aug 2020
Kyougi Asano style of course.
BESTSERKMar 21, 2021 8:08 AM
Mar 21, 2021 7:53 AM
Dec 2019
Excluding the Third Picture , i prefer the rest Redraws over Mappa's.

And also my opinion isn't being biased against mappa.
Mar 21, 2021 8:02 AM

Jul 2019
Chalchemist said:
Excluding the Third Picture , i prefer the rest Redraws over Mappa's.

And also my opinion isn't being biased against mappa.

I agree, i think one of the main problems are the characters designs themselves, the noses for the example, there are indeed quite a few fundamental differences from Kyoji Asano's style.
Mar 21, 2021 9:06 AM
Jan 2021
Sad7727 said:
some guy redrew/ edited levi's face in ep 14 to look more like Wit's

I like the redraw better, but all they did is make him look younger like he looked in previous season, so it makes sense that he looks worse now cause a lot of shit has happens and it has been many years
Mar 21, 2021 9:16 AM

Feb 2021
i like the re draw on the first one the most, just something about it attracts me to it.
Mar 21, 2021 9:17 AM
Dec 2020
Wit style superior tbh
Mar 21, 2021 9:22 AM
Feb 2021
I’m not gonna lie and say I prefer mappa because I don’t but hey it’s not bad...
Mar 21, 2021 9:31 AM
Mar 2021
Levi doesn't care about this
Mar 21, 2021 10:28 AM

Sep 2020
Wit is the best studio ,

MAPPA is such a big studio with over 200 permanent animators still can't compete wit studio with around 34 staff members ,

MAPPA just to make one anime look good (JJK) , totally ruined others

But still like everyone else THANK YOU MAPPA I guess,
Mar 21, 2021 10:33 AM

Aug 2020
idk I kinda like mappa levi more since he looks a lot like his age. The nose though what the hell happened there. I just realized his nose is like that lmao.
Mar 21, 2021 11:48 AM
Oct 2020
Amalik0029 said:
Wit is the best studio ,

MAPPA is such a big studio with over 200 permanent animators still can't compete wit studio with around 34 staff members ,

only one anime good lol have you even watched any other anime from Mappa?
Mar 21, 2021 11:56 AM
Mar 2020
doesnt matter everyone is good
Mar 21, 2021 12:18 PM

Dec 2020
Sad7727 said:

WTF this is phenomenal!!!! Man hopefully Mappa drop p2 since there is no need to rush for manga sellings and give wit as much years as they need. I was saying levi was good but this just made me hate his face in s4. Wow If u know his account link it.
Mar 21, 2021 12:35 PM
Aug 2020
Jehad321 said:
Sad7727 said:

WTF this is phenomenal!!!! Man hopefully Mappa drop p2 since there is no need to rush for manga sellings and give wit as much years as they need. I was saying levi was good but this just made me hate his face in s4. Wow If u know his account link it.

Yeah it would be really a good news to have to wait something like 2 or 3 years to get it adapted
Mar 21, 2021 1:13 PM

Sep 2020
spixiefire_008 said:
Amalik0029 said:
Wit is the best studio ,

I am taking about this season
Mar 21, 2021 1:50 PM

Jan 2020
OP, thanks for bringing these redraws, it's always a pleasure to see my dearly beloved Heichou.

I prefer WIT's style, but MAPPA's is also alright in my book when it's not too sloppy. It's the consistency of the character design but not the character design that is problematic for me. Still Levi is luckier than Floch/Eren/Pixis in this respect.

This being said, I think WIT's Levi is maybe a bit too young and handsome for the pain he goes through during season 4. I would ideally have preferred something in between WIT and MAPPA, with some of more obvious wrinkles and lines (he must be nearing forty at least already).

I think than emotionally-wise MAPPA's drawings convey the dread of the episode better than the redraw.
SoranoCloudMar 21, 2021 1:55 PM
Mar 21, 2021 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
People who voted Mappa in the poll are either hardcore Mappa fanboys or hardcore Levi haters
Mar 21, 2021 4:55 PM
May 2019
Redraw = added white line on the screenshot taken from actual episode

I Fixed it!!!!
i am genious!!!
Mar 21, 2021 6:55 PM
Oct 2020
Amalik0029 said:
spixiefire_008 said:
um you might not know this but a studio giving out two anime, one with b+ tier animation and one with s tier animation is a pretty big deal. And both the anime are the top 2 famous of the season.
Mar 21, 2021 7:15 PM
Dec 2020
TheFirmSword said:
People who voted Mappa in the poll are either hardcore Mappa fanboys or hardcore Levi haters

Agreed!! The difference is just too extreme.
Mar 21, 2021 8:05 PM
Dec 2020
Who redrew this?? I need to follow them ASAP
Mar 21, 2021 8:07 PM

Jan 2011
Both are good. I think Mappa has done an excellent job with hood this season looks but there are some rough parts. I still do feel a lot of these complaints comes from people who don't draw or animate themselves.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 21, 2021 8:43 PM

Sep 2020
spixiefire_008 said:
Amalik0029 said:
um you might not know this but a studio giving out two anime, one with b+ tier animation and one with s tier animation is a pretty big deal. And both the anime are the top 2 famous of the season.
watching JJK and AOT at the same time really hurts my feeling , only if they have put little more effort in AOT enough to satisfying the normal AOT fanbase ,

JJK is such a generic shonen this type of story will pop up one after the other , Dramatical story like AOT is hard to find I don't know why people are calling it shonen it's a senin with zero fanservice or romance only action and pure drama , man it's truly a masterpiece , I don't think in next 10 years we will get anime like this so at least MAPPA puting this in mind could have at least delivery a A tier animation ,
Mar 21, 2021 8:46 PM
Oct 2020
Amalik0029 said:
spixiefire_008 said:
watching JJK and AOT at the same time really hurts my feeling , only if they have put little more effort in AOT enough to satisfying the normal AOT fanbase ,

JJK is such a generic shonen this type of story will pop up one after the other , Dramatical story like AOT is hard to find I don't know why people are calling it shonen it's a senin with zero fanservice or romance only action and pure drama , man it's truly a masterpiece , I don't think in next 10 years we will get anime like this so at least MAPPA puting this in mind could have at least delivery a A tier animation ,
are you dumb? If Mappa could put s tier animation on jjk that clearly means they also could on aot, they just didn't have enough time. What other Mappa anime has had bad animation? None right? That's cause they all had good schedules
Mar 21, 2021 8:47 PM

Sep 2020
spixiefire_008 said:
Amalik0029 said:

are you dumb? If Mappa could put s tier animation on jjk that clearly means they also could on aot, they just didn't have enough time. What other Mappa anime has had bad animation? None right? That's cause they all had good schedules

I thought AOT fanbase is toxic but MAPPA fanbase is in whole other league
ZXEANMar 21, 2021 9:00 PM
Mar 21, 2021 8:49 PM
Oct 2020
Amalik0029 said:
spixiefire_008 said:

I thought AOT fanbase is toxic , MAPPA fanbase is in whole other league
aww it's okay you don't have to write anything if you can't think of something
Mar 21, 2021 8:59 PM

Sep 2020
spixiefire_008 said:
Amalik0029 said:

Man, you are acting like a child , I wanted to talk about AOT but you divert the conversation , I don't care about JJK or whatever other projects they have work on I just wanted AOT to be MAPPA's one of those dream project , now don't act like fool and give some other reply like MAPPA had no choice and this and that , I have no interest in hearing those shit or else don't reply
Mar 21, 2021 9:00 PM
Oct 2020
Amalik0029 said:
spixiefire_008 said:
Man, you are acting like a child , I wanted to talk about AOT but you divert the conversation , I don't care about JJK or whatever other projects they have work on I just wanted AOT to be MAPPA's one of those dream project , now don't act like fool and give some other reply like MAPPA had no choice and this and that , I have no interest in hearing those shit or else don't reply
Fine shit on Mappa I don't care but you couldn't be more wrong when you say Mappa is a bad studio
Mar 21, 2021 9:00 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
I still both look good and it doesn't take away from how badass he is

Mar 21, 2021 9:06 PM

Oct 2019
let levi look like the grumpy old man he is.
╭⋟──────────────────────╮
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Mar 21, 2021 9:27 PM

Feb 2017
are people really saying he looks more his age how mappa draws him? he looks so babyfaced compared to wit's tho lol. his features are shorter and rounder and softer and that's almost always going to make the character look younger.
Mar 22, 2021 5:59 AM

Aug 2020
vidoxi said:
are people really saying he looks more his age how mappa draws him? he looks so babyfaced compared to wit's tho lol. his features are shorter and rounder and softer and that's almost always going to make the character look younger.

Yeah i don't really understand them,Baby fat cheeks usually found in young people and is sign of youth.
Mar 22, 2021 6:07 AM
Feb 2014
THIS is what I talked about in the episode thread. I don't know who made this but mad props to them. No more constipated faces. Hallelujah.
#IDONTTHANKYOUMAPPA
Mar 22, 2021 6:18 AM

Sep 2020
spixiefire_008 said:
Amalik0029 said:
Fine shit on Mappa I don't care but you couldn't be more wrong when you say Mappa is a bad studio
ooo you have edit your comment ,

So first of all I haven't said MAPPA is a bad studio , I just praised wit studio that's all , correct me if I am wrong .
Mar 22, 2021 6:21 AM

Dec 2020
Amalik0029 said:
spixiefire_008 said:

Lmao don't wanna argue with someone who have Adolf Hitler in favourites
Mar 22, 2021 6:24 AM
Oct 2020
Amalik0029 said:
spixiefire_008 said:

So first of all I haven't said MAPPA is a bad studio , I just praised wit studio that's all , correct me if I am wrong .
Mappa is a big studio and still can compete with wit is what you said.Pretty sure that's insulting and this may come as a shock, but not all people of the studio work on an anime.
Mar 22, 2021 6:25 AM

Sep 2020
69withRem said:
Amalik0029 said:

Lmao don't wanna argue with someone who have Adolf Hitler in favourites
Hitler is a nice guy remind me of Eren Jaeger
Mar 22, 2021 6:29 AM

Sep 2020
spixiefire_008 said:
Amalik0029 said:

Mappa is a big studio and still can compete with wit is what you said.Pretty sure that's insulting and this may come as a shock, but not all people of the studio work on an anime.
Thought that statement I didn't mean to insult MAPPA ,I only want to point out the fact that Wit is a better studio than MAPPA
Mar 22, 2021 6:31 AM
Oct 2020
Amalik0029 said:
spixiefire_008 said:
Thought that statement I didn't mean to insult MAPPA ,I only want to point out the fact that Wit is a better studio than MAPPA
now you are entering the objective opinion territory, so let's put an end to this argument. Sorry if I made you angry. Goodbye.
Mar 22, 2021 6:33 AM

Sep 2020
spixiefire_008 said:
Amalik0029 said:
now you are entering the objective opinion territory, so let's put an end to this argument. Sorry if I made you angry. Goodbye.
yaa goodbye , I also thinking the same thing....
Mar 22, 2021 7:07 AM

Jun 2020
Not a big deal but I do like the redraws more for the most part
Mar 24, 2021 8:42 AM

Aug 2020
Kharan said:
THIS is what I talked about in the episode thread. I don't know who made this but mad props to them. No more constipated faces. Hallelujah.
#IDONTTHANKYOUMAPPA

sadly couldn't find the source yet,will try to search about him more later today

i cannot browse weibo sadly

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

695 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 8:34 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 21, 2021

466 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

514 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 28, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

820 by HagePotPotato »»
Jul 27, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.