Feb 2019
Freestyle80 said:
because it doesnt have a pathetic loser Main Character

MAL loves those since most of them can relate i guess
is there any main character? Lol
Sorry i didn't notice
Nov 14, 2020 11:59 AM
Mar 2016
It's so boring, it would require someone to pay me to finish the series. I dropped at episode 4. Certainly not what I was expecting, since people hyped this to be Anime of the Season.
Nov 16, 2020 5:54 AM
Jul 2017
It's BORING!!! It's cliched. And for god sake Dracula and Frankenstein kiss already and get rid of the yaoi tension.
Nov 16, 2020 9:30 AM

Jan 2020
Well, the show isn't amazing, but it definitely doesn't deserve to be rated so low. I think Noblesse has become the scapegoat of this season because of the fact that GoH's adaptation was a total failure and many people have already presumed that Noblesse will be a failure as well.
IrrelevantGuyNov 16, 2020 9:33 AM
Nov 16, 2020 2:35 PM

May 2020
DillonA said:
This show is garbage, stupid plot, nothing to get us invested, powers we don’t understand, shit pacing, blank characters, it’s got EVERYTHING. This show deserves this score. That ep 1 bully scene was insulting, who the made this garbage a 5 year old??? That’s not how bullying actually happens, also how the hell is this a Production I.G. Show, the animation it’s so stiff and boring.

LOL you should write a review when the last episode airs

Znote said:
Hehh... Scrubs these days.
This is probably the best show this season, people are just to goddamn impatient. I absolutely love the pacing, though it did start off in the "calm after the storm" moment after the OVA, so the show havent had time to show its fruits quite yet.

I am 400 chapters into the webtoon, for anyone wondering I can promise there will be a ton of awesome fight scenes and character development. They just take their sweet time doing it in the start, but it will ramp up and become what your used to in a shounen soon enough.

A rule of thumb that I follow: Wait 8 episodes before you rate something. I think many users do the same, and this show does have a slow start, so the early rating gamblers have given the show a low score, admittedly understanding. Many wait until end of season or after a handful of episodes before they give their ratings.

I predict this to climb to 7.5+ (current: 6.7), with the potential of 8+ if the adaptation is good.

rip your prediction

ShiranaiAtsune said:
I'm a fan of the webtoon and I recently just started watching the anime.

The anime isn't so bad so far but I feel like they could've done better.

It appears they actually jumped into the middle of the story (if my memory serves me right, Regis and Seira don't debut until after the end of the first season/90th-something chapter). Seems a bit rushed to practically skip the first season; I get that things don't really start to get interesting until more "Noblesse" show up in Season 2 onwards.

Is it because the anime has a really limited amount of episodes? Like, 13? Is that why they're rushing it?

I feel like they should've ignored the OVA and started Episode 1 with Chapter 1, right from the beginning.

You have an interesting POV; how much does the webtoon differ from the anime?

Sakuta002766 said:
Freestyle80 said:

is there any main character? Lol
Sorry i didn't notice

LOLL I honestly couldn't agree more; I made a bet with my friend that she wouldn't be able to guess the name of the 2 MCs and we didn't know Frankenstein was the name until like ep4 or 5 lmaooo

signature by
nightshadekait
Nov 18, 2020 6:27 AM

Feb 2019
It’s meatheads who don’t like dialogue and character interaction that rated it low. MAL scores are meaningless and we all know the site is full of pseudo elitists who think anything not named Monogatari or Steins;Gate isn’t good.
Nov 18, 2020 8:08 PM
Nov 2019
I watched 7 episodes in one go and I liked it to the most part. Well everyone have there own taste, don't late the low score stopped you watching it. Give it a try
Nov 22, 2020 7:46 PM
Jan 2019
🀯 When compared to both TOG and GOH, this is way better!!!!!!!!!!!
I think butthurt tog and goh fans gave Noblesse low ratings🀭.
Nov 24, 2020 9:32 AM

Nov 2014
So far I gave it a 5/10, because it's just that: painfully average or even worse. Funnily enough, pacing is pretty much the only thing I do not have problem with. I'm not going to write a review here, but if I were to list some things I don't like:
- One of the selling points (that made me try manhwa years ago) is OP protagonist, but he rarely gets a chance to shine - instead he is surrounded by weak side characters that are used as excuse to make him protect someone and artificially build tension during serious scenes
- Bad guys are just... bad. So far all the antagonists were a cheap, one dimentional villains. They even looked ugly on purpose! And guess what? The few that looked good joined good guys.
- Super boring characters. One trick ponies with single gimmick as their defining attribute. Seriosuly, ppl shit on Kirito and harem MCs and this is ok?
- The story is just as weak. What we've seen so far is on the same level as any 8th-grader style power fantasy, isekais included. Idc if it's better adaptation than ToG (which ppl try to blame here lol), that one at least felt new, even if I didn't like it for different reasons.
- Comedy is mostly a miss for me. There were some good moments but for the most part it's not even worth smiling. I find that much worse than in case of more balanced comedies that might not have those "hits" but overall keep me smiling - be it thanks to comedic scene being funny itself, even if joke is a miss or simply by using right facial reactions to make up for weak jokes.
- What is target audience even? Cast is pretty much shoujo-esque bishounens, made to fill every girl tastes (they even cut out girl from OVA...) but at the same time story is much more shounen-ish. Yes, I dont like character designs, as I find them super out of place.
- Art and sound aren't anything special either. I don't actively "dislike" the quality here, but considering everything story and characters realted is bad, this is the last place to look for something to make up for it.

I'd reverse this question: what is good in this anime?

For me, what keeps me here (and socre above 4 - I usually drop things that I'd rate lower) is Rai. For one, his rare OP moments are pretty cool. And considering he doesn't get much screentime at all, I can't judge his character yet. He still has chance to have some interesting personality beyond "nice guy who doesn't speak much and likes soggy ramen". He is also pretty much the only source of comedy with some potential.
JustAnotherShiroNov 24, 2020 9:40 AM
Nov 24, 2020 11:51 AM

Aug 2018
I think most of the noblesse fans haven't bothered watching it. Or people watching who haven't seen awakening.
_______I like rocks__
Nov 25, 2020 6:52 AM

Sep 2020
many people don't want to give another webtoon adaptation a chance after GOH for me it's a decent show and the pacing isn't a problem

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Nov 25, 2020 7:28 AM

Mar 2009
IshigamiCrisis said:

rip your prediction

I'm surprised, perhaps the premature raters havent updated their scores yet. Still think we will get a correctional rating at season end. If this show is what MAL legit considers 6.5, then I gotta look into more shows with this rating, who knows which hidden gems are out there! :)
Nov 25, 2020 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
RIP if this discussion gets locked up by admins due to score differentiation factors...

Once again, a good ol' reminder that MAL scores are worthless, and even so for people who want to create accounts just to state their elitist views. There is just no stopping this toxicity, as much as I hate to see and state my POVs EACH AND EVERY TIME. Yes, I can choose not to reply, but it has to be said.

If there's a silver lining for Noblesse, it's the best execution of the Big 3 Manhwa anime adaptations. Not the most grandoise of Production I.G's efforts, but since they worked in Noblesse: Awakening in 2016, this should come as no surprise.

And starting thereafter Awakening is a "beach, please" on Crunchyroll's part. Would be better if they went straight back to the beginning, BUT NOPE.
Nov 25, 2020 9:47 AM
Aug 2020
I don’t hate it much compared to that awful god of highschool anime, i just think this anime is painfully mid, slightly below tower of god, so in my list of webtoon adaptations i’ll go

1. Tower of god
2. Noblesse
3.God of highschool
Nov 25, 2020 10:05 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Freestyle80 said:

This is very true, if Tonikaku Kawaii's has a 7.98 score there's no other explanation.
Nov 25, 2020 10:14 AM

Feb 2019
Roevhaal said:
Freestyle80 said:

This is very true, if Tonikaku Kawaii's has a 7.98 score there's no other explanation.
there's nothing wrong with tonikawa's score
Nov 25, 2020 11:06 AM

May 2020
post's asking about "why is this score so low/high!???" always get taken down or locked...

but, what is interesting is subjective, if you like it, that's fine but other people are allowed to not like it, I don't see a problem

it's low because some people didn't enjoy it that much
                                              
Dec 29, 2020 11:53 AM

Feb 2009
I think it's low because the majority of anime fans nowadays have awful garbage taste liking shallow and superficial products. This series has been surprisingly good, never even read the webtoon, so if you read this give it a try after watching the ova Awakening. This series has been more fun and entertaining than demon slayer and most of the commercial shit that is release constantly in this dull corporate era.
Dec 30, 2020 9:47 AM
Dec 2018
The show is considerably worse than the real Webtoon,the Webtoon comics is so interesting and different
Dec 30, 2020 10:16 AM

Feb 2019
Fun fact:op dropped noblesse after 4 episode
Yes, its true, you should check
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 30, 2020

88 by Vysarine »»
May 3, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Dec 16, 2020

64 by Vysarine »»
Apr 29, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Nov 11, 2020

63 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 26, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Leo - Oct 21, 2020

82 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 12, 2023 8:23 PM

Poll: » Noblesse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

anime-prime - Oct 7, 2020

203 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 11, 2023 1:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.