Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2020 9:20 AM

Nov 2014
I figured some of you maybe are a smokers or used to be smoking,
I dont ask about how to stop, its just what is the best substitute that can replace cigs, not that im addicted, i just feel like i cant think well when i dont smoke so i smoke when i have to think hard about something, maybe theres anyone on the same page as me and what do you think
Oct 25, 2020 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
Have you considered switching cigs for crystal meth or mdma?
Oct 25, 2020 9:28 AM
Nov 2019
Lalala1412 said:
I figured some of you maybe are a smokers or used to be smoking,
I dont ask about how to stop, its just what is the best substitute that can replace cigs, not that im addicted, i just feel like i cant think well when i dont smoke so i smoke when i have to think hard about something, maybe theres anyone on the same page as me and what do you think

the bust subsitute for anything is drinking the blood of a human baby, it worked for my addiction of drowning dead puppies
Oct 25, 2020 9:29 AM

Feb 2015

Go ape for vape, babby.
Oct 25, 2020 9:35 AM

May 2020
Real men don't smoke never smoked in my life
Oct 25, 2020 9:35 AM

Sep 2020
There´s some options like vape or IQOS (Heat-not-burn tobacco product), I think IQOS is the best substitute despite being the most expensive option...Oh and Light cigs are also an option but those don´t work by experience (you´ll end up smoking more cigs and spending more money)
"If I get reincarnated… I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D Luffy

Oct 25, 2020 9:36 AM

Mar 2008
Well that depends. Is it the act of smoking or is it the effect of the nicotine?
Oct 25, 2020 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
Like, eating sweets, probably. I tried smoking a few times but it tasted super gross so I never got the appeal, like at all.
Oct 25, 2020 9:37 AM

Nov 2014
Konradikon said:

Go ape for vape, babby.

Have tried many times, tasted like candy :(
Oct 25, 2020 9:39 AM

Nov 2014
mangekyou31 said:
There´s some options like vape or IQOS (Heat-not-burn tobacco product), I think IQOS is the best substitute despite being the most expensive option...Oh and Light cigs are also an option but those don´t work by experience (you´ll end up smoking more cigs and spending more money)

I think im on light cigs already since it's filtered and have only 1mg of nicotine,
I'll find more information about iqos, thank you for letting me know :))
Oct 25, 2020 9:39 AM

Oct 2019
Quit smoking, I don’t care what you think
Oct 25, 2020 9:41 AM

Nov 2014
traed said:
Well that depends. Is it the act of smoking or is it the effect of the nicotine?

I guess the act of smoking, since i tried vapor that also have nicotine and it doesnt help me think better
Oct 25, 2020 9:44 AM

Sep 2020
Lalala1412 said:
mangekyou31 said:

I think im on light cigs already since it's filtered and have only 1mg of nicotine,

No problem :)! but don´t forget that quitting smoking is the best option
"If I get reincarnated… I wanna become a clam.” – Monkey D Luffy

Oct 25, 2020 9:48 AM

Nov 2014
mangekyou31 said:
Lalala1412 said:

No problem :)! but don´t forget that quitting smoking is the best option

Im will eventually do so, its just somehow supporting my brain during the tough process of college,
Thank you for your advice:))))
Oct 25, 2020 9:56 AM

Jun 2016
When you're home, maybe drinking tea or coffee, assuming you're looking to imitate the relaxing ritual part of smoking.
When you're out and about? Shit man, I dunno, the problem with fags is that they're just sitting there in your pocket so they're really convenient when you're waiting for the bus and such, it's hard to replicate that. Vaping is the closest you can get I suppose.
AcbSnakeDemon said:

Speech 100
Oct 25, 2020 10:00 AM

Nov 2014
Erg_Orgy said:
When you're home, maybe drinking tea or coffee, assuming you're looking to imitate the relaxing ritual part of smoking.
When you're out and about? Shit man, I dunno, the problem with fags is that they're just sitting there in your pocket so they're really convenient when you're waiting for the bus and such, it's hard to replicate that. Vaping is the closest you can get I suppose.
AcbSnakeDemon said:

Speech 100

Maybe ill try to do so, thanks for your advice, also id never smoke if i feel like i dont need to
Its bitter and it makes me dizzy if i smoke without having anything to think about, kinda strange
Oct 25, 2020 10:22 AM

Mar 2008
mangekyou31 said:

Sounds like IQOS is just a brand of a dry herb vapourizer? Well vape level of harm depends on what they are made of. You shouldn't use anything with plastic or metal in it's comparment, heating element and filter and to be extra safe the mouth piece though that seems uncommon for that part not to be plastic. It should be glass or ceramic in those parts. IQOS isn't without it's down sides like breathing in anything not meant for lungs
https://tobacco.ucsf.edu/pmi%E2%80%99s-own-data-shows-iqos-bad-lungs-cigarette-including-depressing-immune-function

Lalala1412 said:
traed said:

I guess the act of smoking, since i tried vapor that also have nicotine and it doesnt help me think better

Read link in this post above this quote.

Cigarettes and other tobacco products have an MAOI in them that make them more potent (and more addictive) so depending on how concentrated that vape liquid was it maybe isn't enough to rule out it being a drug effect because it lacks the MAOI since vape liquids have concentrated nicotine in them rather than all the tobacco. Nicotine is a known nootropic. A nootropic is an informal term for a type of drug or supplement that enhances cognition, mood, or physical abilities though it's not a true nootropic if there is a down side but still the term gets widely applied. Nicotine acts on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in the brain which are part of what is involved with attention and memory. You could test this using tobacco free nicotine pouches you just place it between your gums and your cheek. It would be better than vaping (as I mention above IQOS appears to be a dry herb vaporizer) because you're not putting anything in your lungs that should not be there. If that works you may want to consider trying the more safe and natural route which is using a supplement like alpha GPC (more effective than the later supposedly) or citicoline ( which is cheaper) which also will activate the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and you can take it more regularly. There is actually a long list of various things that may be helpful to you.
Oct 25, 2020 10:47 AM

Mar 2019
One thing my grandfather did when he was trying to quit smoking was let a cigarette dangle from his mouth. It was kind of a fixation to just have it there and go through the motions until the craving was reduced.

Don’t know if it will work but it’s worth a try.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2020 11:05 AM

Mar 2013
i was going to suggest smoking some weed, but you mention one of the things you enjoy about smoking cigarettes is it helps your concentration.
so, uh.. if you want the opposite of concentration, try weed.
meditate on bass weight.
Oct 25, 2020 11:07 AM

Jan 2009
nicotine chewing gum can do wonders i heard
Oct 25, 2020 11:24 AM
Jul 2018
Lollipops, at least according to 4kids.
Oct 25, 2020 4:36 PM
Jul 2020
Try unironically biting your nails and lips, and switch that into a habit.
Oct 25, 2020 8:10 PM

Nov 2014
Mashmakhan said:
i was going to suggest smoking some weed, but you mention one of the things you enjoy about smoking cigarettes is it helps your concentration.
so, uh.. if you want the opposite of concentration, try weed.

Lelelellelel id be in jail for sure, but good advice tho thank you
Oct 25, 2020 8:23 PM

Jul 2016
My aunt used to smoke cigs and every time she wanted to smoke she drank a glass of water. Idk if it's work I've only quit vaping for a few months but I hadn't been smoking for long. And even then it was hard when it shouldn't have been. Just have faith it's hard but after like 3 or 4 days I felt better. Yet when my dad tried to quit vaps he never could cause he's stubborn
Oct 25, 2020 8:32 PM

Sep 2020
Try chewing gum....or try vaping....
Oct 25, 2020 9:52 PM

Nov 2014
Theonewhorules said:
My aunt used to smoke cigs and every time she wanted to smoke she drank a glass of water. Idk if it's work I've only quit vaping for a few months but I hadn't been smoking for long. And even then it was hard when it shouldn't have been. Just have faith it's hard but after like 3 or 4 days I felt better. Yet when my dad tried to quit vaps he never could cause he's stubborn

Well i wouldnt feel anything if i dont smoke for like 4 or 5 days even a week, since im not addicted, but when it's time to seriously think about something id need to smoke, so i wouldn't say its an addiction yet
Thats why i want to quit before im addicted
Oct 25, 2020 10:13 PM

Oct 2020
Nicotine patches but nobody really uses them. People just either continue smoking or learn to stop entirely by themselves.
Oct 25, 2020 10:31 PM

Oct 2010
chewing gum?
I too smoke from time to time
Oct 26, 2020 6:21 AM

Jul 2016
Lalala1412 said:
Theonewhorules said:

Well i wouldnt feel anything if i dont smoke for like 4 or 5 days even a week, since im not addicted, but when it's time to seriously think about something id need to smoke, so i wouldn't say its an addiction yet
Thats why i want to quit before im addicted

I used to think I wasn't addicted to nic but I would say you are, you first have to admit you are addicted. Even if you don't think your addiction is one. One hit of nic is bad enough to get addicted, if your always thinking about you next hit you are addicted

More topics from this board

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - May 27

80 by animeadept »»
29 minutes ago

» it's the weekend and my brains are really fried right now

tsukareru - May 25

36 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago

» What is a food you hate that everyone likes? ( 1 2 )

ThisAaugh - Aug 30, 2023

81 by Rhae »»
2 hours ago

» What does your username mean? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

54 by Rurihime »»
2 hours ago

» do you eat to live or live to eat?

707supremacist - May 4

28 by ACasualViewer »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.