Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 16, 2010 3:24 PM
Jul 2010
Guys this episode is extremely important, it explains why naruto wants to be hokage.
Sep 18, 2010 11:51 AM
Nov 2009
haihz.. the behavior of the villagers rly makes me sick -.- i feels like wanna slaughter everyone of them ...
Oct 16, 2010 4:45 PM

Mar 2009
Sapphy said:
haihz.. the behavior of the villagers rly makes me sick -.- i feels like wanna slaughter everyone of them ...

I Agree. :|
Thank goodness for Shikamaru for sticking up for naruto.

Oct 29, 2010 2:09 AM

Jun 2009
It was okay, though we already knew everything about him.. it's still good to watch again.. but then again bad to repeat here in shipu
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 5, 2011 6:19 AM

Sep 2008
Lelle said:
SailorKagome said:
We already know about naruto's childhood .

i find it intesting to see naturo's childhood through someone else's perspective.

Same here.

I didn't think it was a bad episode. It was just "okay" to me. It's also nice to know that Shikamaru (and Chouji too I guess) didn't fall into the same lame group of losers that picked on Naruto for no reason.
Nov 11, 2013 7:27 AM

Apr 2010
Poor Naruto. I hate it when people keep treating him like he's some kind of a plague. :/
Sep 10, 2014 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
NiaSenpai said:
Poor Naruto. I hate it when people keep treating him like he's some kind of a plague. :/

Me too.
On to the next one
Nov 16, 2014 4:59 AM
May 2012
Shikamaru and Chouji was more of a bro than Sasuke, especially Shikamaru, right??

Yokurama said:
what? how can so many people not like this episode?
its one of the best naruto fillers that ive seen!
they put so much emotion into this episode, it was awesome, i enjoyed it allot! cant wait for 178 that should come out any minute now :)

I know, right?? These people are all so action-hungry!! Just give them a one or two episodes without action and they will lose their shit.

merle_noir said:
Lelle said:

i find it intesting to see naturo's childhood through someone else's perspective.

Same here.

I didn't think it was a bad episode. It was just "okay" to me. It's also nice to know that Shikamaru (and Chouji too I guess) didn't fall into the same lame group of losers that picked on Naruto for no reason.

Same here~

IzzyReigns said:
Sapphy said:

I Agree. :|
Thank goodness for Shikamaru for sticking up for naruto.

Yeah, dafuq is wrong with those villagers =_=
Mar 24, 2017 12:08 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Second episode about Iruka and Naruto and their firsts days!!!
Shikamaru is a inteligent boy Ç;)
May 25, 2017 4:28 PM

Dec 2012
It's kind of nice having a refresher on what happened in the first Naruto; I can't say I dislike these flashback episodes, but I can't say I'm enjoying them either.
It's interesting to see the powerful lesson Iruka is struggling with.

It was so long ago since the first Naruto aired, I can't remember how (or if) they explained how Naruto has been taken care of, has a home, food, etc.
Betting it has something to do with his connections to the 4th & 3rd Hokage?

Wish this flashback was condensed & kept to 1 or 2 episodes.
Apr 13, 2019 6:04 PM
Jul 2009
Gotta love flashbacks within flashbacks. I wonder how long this is going to be. I'm definitely enjoying it. I like the part where Shikamaru is talking with his dad and his dad basically tells him to think for himself. That's good advice.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Aug 25, 2019 1:04 AM

Mar 2015
Another good episode!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 11, 2019 10:48 AM
Jul 2019
This was a lovely episode! It was so calm and there was something sad about it. I enjoy how this reminds me of Naruto's childhood... and the moment when Sasuke and Naruto suddenly saw each other was precious even though we have seen it before ^-^
Feb 16, 2020 5:45 AM

Mar 2019
Meh,nothing actually happened that would get me hyped or close to that.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 6, 2020 5:13 AM
Jul 2020
I actually find this filler pretty interesting. I like learning about his bonds and his childhood. At least it's better than another jinchuriki.
Oct 17, 2020 9:12 PM
Nov 2017
Iruka's perspective about past events is really interesting. Naruto as a child was always very kind, despite how much the people in the village hated him. Such an amazing character. I'm glad Iruka is starting to understand how he really feels. It's not easy
Oct 28, 2020 9:41 PM
May 2020
yeah we got it, his childhood was very sad, we had 300 episodes of that, there was no fucking point to stretch it out like that with this fucking slow paced shit..

on another note, i forgot that Shikamaru looked like an adult midget rather than a kid.
Mar 14, 2021 9:31 AM

Dec 2007
i always wondered how iruka always was so lame, now it's understood, he chose to be lame teacher.
Sep 21, 2021 9:55 AM

Feb 2021
Not that great of an episode but it does show the Naruto-Iruka relationship building up.

He sure had it tough though.
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 14, 2023 3:10 AM

Apr 2019
ahhhhh nostalgiaaa.... reminds me so much of the old days of my childhood as this was the first anime i started watching with conscience, the soundtrack, the kid naruto struggles with society man such a cute form of piece of art.. sad yet so adorable everytime makes me wanna cherish kid naruto as well as kinda sasuke too
Aug 11, 9:07 AM
Jul 2022
This episdoe is why Shikamaru is the GOAT
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Giants & Saori Hayami

iiDavion - Yesterday

3 by tsubagakure »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » EPISODE 1 TO 32 : Kazekage Rescue Arc

pnr2 - Yesterday

4 by pnr2 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 114 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AbsyAhihcu - Jun 18, 2009

90 by Dripnsopretty »»
Sep 18, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 13 Discussion

kei-clone - May 12, 2007

34 by ItsXolo »»
Sep 18, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 278 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Sep 6, 2012

98 by NowThatsEpic »»
Sep 18, 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.