Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 1, 2020 11:46 AM
May 2020
I hope they make a great job with this one. People are so hyped and maybe that could make the things harder as everyone expects something amazing. Hopefully it will be a great success.
Jul 1, 2020 12:25 PM

Jan 2020
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
rohan121 said:
If I had to predict the end score it would be a 8.5. Rem fans will be salty. This will also bother the anti-mainstream crowd. Also, it will get low reviews with the all isekai are the same crowd.
What about the 2nd cour, I'm asking u since u seem reasonable.
Not the guy you asked to , but S2 Cour 2 can reach 8.9 or maybe even 9 because it's gonna be pretty damn good
Jul 1, 2020 2:04 PM
Oct 2019
The score will probably rise after the season has finished airing because some of the episodes will make people triggered and give a low score.
Jul 1, 2020 2:04 PM
Mar 2019
rakp333 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

It is dumb tho, how is it not?

It is coming from people who are fans of the source material. It is not a neutral opinion to judge someone on. And as such there are many people who are re:zero fans and they like it over AOT, so cannot outright call them dumb for liking re:zero.

Now I am a Re:Zero fan (I like Re:Zero over AOT or Kaguya or any other show). But I agree that Re:Zero overtaking AOT S3P2 is an over-exaggeration. As far as the score is concerned, I don't think Re:Zero S2 will go higher than 8.8-ish (maybe max 8.9 because some scenes are pretty good). And maybe it will fall down to ~8.6 after few months. But it will beat Kaguya in popularity (total member count) by a large margin. It will be the most popular show to air in 2020.
I didn’t call them dumb for liking Re:Zero, I said them thinking it is going 2 surpass the 7th highest rated series of MAL was.
Jul 1, 2020 2:07 PM
Mar 2019
rakp333 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

It is dumb tho, how is it not?

It is coming from people who are fans of the source material. It is not a neutral opinion to judge someone on. And as such there are many people who are re:zero fans and they like it over AOT, so cannot outright call them dumb for liking re:zero.

Now I am a Re:Zero fan (I like Re:Zero over AOT or Kaguya or any other show). But I agree that Re:Zero overtaking AOT S3P2 is an over-exaggeration. As far as the score is concerned, I don't think Re:Zero S2 will go higher than 8.8-ish (maybe max 8.9 because some scenes are pretty good). And maybe it will fall down to ~8.6 after few months. But it will beat Kaguya in popularity (total member count) by a large margin. It will be the most popular show to air in 2020.
I can’t Re:Zero hitting 8.8, I say like 8.4-8.5.
Jul 1, 2020 2:16 PM
Mar 2019
North25 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
Ur joking right? Please tell me ur not actually serious. Re:Zero passing AOT might be the dumbest thing I've heard in a thread all year.

Its more of a personal thing for me, i tend to value three main things in an anime: #1:Does it have a good story? #2: does the anime utilize its entire cast without benching characters. (Fading into the background/dissapearing from the show/not having alot of screentime). #3: Animation/presentation quality (last one cant be judged yet due to the season not being out.)Starting from season 2, Re zero accomplishes all three extremely well,while Attack on titan accomplishes 1 and 3 masterfully althought Re zero S2 does beat it in 2 by a long mile. i usually Rank 2 as the most important thing for me,which is where my bias comes in. I probably should apologize for the attack on titan Remark thought, its not happening and im just really hyped to see the arc animated so i may have gone overboard.
It’s ok man, I like Re:Zero and I’m excited for the new season but it’s a pretty impossible task 2 have a higher score than AOT 3 PT 2 and to maintain it.
Jul 1, 2020 2:44 PM
Feb 2020
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
North25 said:

Its more of a personal thing for me, i tend to value three main things in an anime: #1:Does it have a good story? #2: does the anime utilize its entire cast without benching characters. (Fading into the background/dissapearing from the show/not having alot of screentime). #3: Animation/presentation quality (last one cant be judged yet due to the season not being out.)Starting from season 2, Re zero accomplishes all three extremely well,while Attack on titan accomplishes 1 and 3 masterfully althought Re zero S2 does beat it in 2 by a long mile. i usually Rank 2 as the most important thing for me,which is where my bias comes in. I probably should apologize for the attack on titan Remark thought, its not happening and im just really hyped to see the arc animated so i may have gone overboard.
It’s ok man, I like Re:Zero and I’m excited for the new season but it’s a pretty impossible task 2 have a higher score than AOT 3 PT 2 and to maintain it.

Yeah i get it, i think i got too caught up on the hype for it.
Jul 1, 2020 2:51 PM
Mar 2019
North25 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

Yeah i get it, i think i got too caught up on the hype for it.
Nah it's good dude I get it, it's been a while since Season 1 but overhyping a new season can kill said particular season like MHA 4 (which would have been better if they had all their original staff working on it and not on the movie) and more recently Tower of God (no excuse here).
Jul 1, 2020 3:09 PM
Mar 2019
North25 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
Nah it's good dude I get it, it's been a while since Season 1 but overhyping a new season can kill said particular season like MHA 4 (which would have been better if they had all their original staff working on it and not on the movie) and more recently Tower of God (no excuse here).

Honestly im just glad general spoilers seem to be honing in on just one thing at the start,the season has alot of good stuff that i really dont want to see ruined for anime onlies.
U won't they don't want 2 be spoiled so they won't read any of this shit.
Jul 1, 2020 5:35 PM
Jun 2020
Okay, I have seen a pattern in these comments within this thread. It is highly regarded and stated that not many anime will even have the potential to surpass AOT season 3 part 2 in terms of ratings, like ever. But in saying that, before season 3 even aired, did people ever think before that it will end up getting such high score? Sure people who have read the manga source said it will but it was uncertain for anime-onlies. In saying that, the same logic can be applied to ReZero season 2. Source readers say that it will be an amazing season because they have the read the content for it but then people who have not read the source content, say it won't surpass it. The way I see it, it's purely hypothetical if season 2 will ever surpass AOT season 3. It may or may not, who knows? Also, another thing to point out is that part 1 of season 3 AOT massively built up the hype for part 2 of season 3. Season 2 of ReZero is a split cour season and many source readers agree that the second cour will be far superior then cour 1 and I agree with this statement. So a similar scenario might occur or it might not. Only time will tell.
Jul 1, 2020 6:17 PM

May 2020

AOT S3P2 is the penultimate season, and as such provided solid conclusions to open plot threads, and most of the mystery in the show gets addressed. The manga is finished so the entire story (and conclusion) is known.

ReZero will have atleast 5-6 seasons (and the LN is incomplete), and season 2 just marks the beginning of show's main story (from what I've heard)

So I don't think it'll reach such high scores yet. I'm expecting around 8.6, mostly because source readers say it is much better than Season 1.

(I haven't read the LN/WN for Season 2 yet)
Jul 1, 2020 6:50 PM
Jul 2015
It depends on the studio. AoT had a great studio, Re:Zero with a decent studio like White Fox can not make that.

Jul 1, 2020 9:44 PM
Mar 2019
I’m going 2 keep it real, I don’t read LN since there are no pictures.
Jul 1, 2020 10:50 PM
Jun 2020
For me s2 adaptation will get like 8.7-8.9 (including part 2) in term of story wise but for the quality i can't assuming or give my opinion since i'm still salty for what WF did to Akame ga Kill.
Jul 1, 2020 11:05 PM

May 2013
The regular but obligatory comment on how MAL scores mean jack-shit and have no significance on the quality of the anime being made. Nor does Nippon even care.

If scores were a definitive way of looking at things then Fullmetal Alchemist is an overall better show than Legend of Galactic Heroes since LotGH couldn't beat FMA's sCoRe -> I will laugh at this statement all the way to my grave and die in peace.

What are we even discussing about again? Guessing the score or which anime is better altogether? And why does it matter if you like both the shows? Are your precious feelings invalidated if a show ranks higher/lower than projected?
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jul 1, 2020 11:16 PM
Aug 2018
KreatorX said:

What are we even discussing about again? Guessing the score or which anime is better altogether? And why does it matter if you like both the shows? Are your precious feelings invalidated if a show ranks higher/lower than projected?

Just passing time until Summer2020 anime start airing :p
Jul 1, 2020 11:25 PM
Jun 2020
KreatorX said:

What are we even discussing about again? Guessing the score or which anime is better altogether?

"What do you think the final score of this season will be?" thread said so.....
Jul 2, 2020 12:48 AM

May 2013
rakp333 said:

Just passing time until Summer2020 anime start airing :p
Lol
Coldpain said:
KreatorX said:

What are we even discussing about again? Guessing the score or which anime is better altogether?

"What do you think the final score of this season will be?" thread said so.....

Yes, I had mentioned stuff regarding this in my first reply on page 1, but clearly the discussion went ahead to become something else. lol
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jul 2, 2020 2:15 PM
Mar 2019
Anyways, with how highly people are praising this season it better blow my fucking socks off.
Jul 2, 2020 2:16 PM
Mar 2019
Also, is it me or do I see Re:Zero pfps the most?
Jul 2, 2020 3:27 PM
Aug 2018
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
Anyways, with how highly people are praising this season it better blow my fucking socks off.

Better don't expect too much. lol.

I mean..TOG and OPM-S2 are good examples where too much expectations killed the show.

Take everyone's praise with a grain of salt, and judge it through your own eyes.
Jul 2, 2020 4:30 PM
Mar 2019
rakp333 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

I mean..TOG and OPM-S2 are good examples where too much expectations killed the show.

Take everyone's praise with a grain of salt, and judge it through your own eyes.
But we all know those would suck. OPM 2 was inevitable 2 suck the moment JC Staff picked it up, and Tower of God IDK what happened there. I’m expecting big things from Re:Zero because the studio is still the same and also because the 1st season was pretty good.
Jul 2, 2020 4:30 PM
Jun 2020
i think it will be higher then season 1 so 8.5 maybe 9.0 who knows im hyped for sure its my favorit isekai
Jul 2, 2020 4:33 PM
Mar 2019
rakp333 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

My only expectation is that it will be better than Season 1.
Jul 2, 2020 4:42 PM

Sep 2017
Probably 8.5<or 8.7 at best since haters are preparing themselves from now
خ
Jul 3, 2020 9:38 AM
Feb 2020
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

Nah we re just hyped, you shouldnt take us source readers so seriously. Remember how Tower of god went, reception wasnt as great as people expected. Just keep in mind that people who actually got the novels (more unlikely compared to manga.)were likely already extremely invested into the show.
North25Jul 3, 2020 9:49 AM
Jul 3, 2020 10:01 AM
Mar 2019
North25 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

Nah we re just hyped, you shouldnt take us source readers so seriously. Remember how Tower of god went, reception wasnt as great as people expected. Just keep in mind that people who actually got the novels (more unlikely compared to manga.)were likely already extremely invested into the show.
North25 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

If it’s better than the first season that’s all I can ask for.
Jul 3, 2020 10:03 AM
Feb 2020
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
North25 said:

North25 said:

Id say it is, but you d have to judge it for yourself.
Jul 3, 2020 10:13 AM
Mar 2019
North25 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

Ok. I’m excited for it but I just want it 2 be better than the 1st Season which I think it will be give the theme that 2nd Seasons are usually better than 1st Seasons (OPM S2 is a bad example tho).
Jul 3, 2020 10:15 AM
Feb 2020
BiscuitsAndGravy said:
North25 said:

Ok. I’m excited for it but I just want it 2 be better than the 1st Season which I think it will be give the theme that 2nd Seasons are usually better than 1st Seasons (OPM S2 is a bad example tho).

I dint mention one punch man, i only mentioned Tower of god.
Jul 3, 2020 12:28 PM
Mar 2019
North25 said:
BiscuitsAndGravy said:

I dint mention one punch man, i only mentioned Tower of god.
Oh, but that is an example.
Jul 6, 2020 11:09 AM

May 2019
Usually in MAL the second season is scored higher than the first season, because it gather mostly users who already was fans of the series, instead of curious newcomers.

UNLESS it become a complete disaster due a fall of animation quality (one punch man) or the history is really disappoint, really bad, even to the fans, what is also a disaster for any author (SAO).

That is not the case of RZ2S. So i think it will be slightly better than S1, being scored 8.5.

If this was a 24 episode season, without the split, i guess it would be reaching the 9, just as happened with Kaguya Sama S2*.

*NOT because the number of episodes, for the Dogs sake, its meaningless, but because the best part of the arc is in the final part.
Rob7Jul 6, 2020 11:14 AM
Jul 7, 2020 7:12 PM

Oct 2019
It's gonna be a 6 or 7 just like now

Jul 7, 2020 7:34 PM

Feb 2014
I couldn't care less about MAL score, especially nowdays, when cancer completely took over and MAL administration doesn't give a single fuck to do anything about this cancer.

However, I do care about how I rank it personally and I do sincerely hope I can rank it at least as high as season one.

Sadly, modern tendency in Japanese animation industry is such so very often, regardless of season one quality, popularity, score and whatever else metric; season two, planned or not, is complete utter cash grab shitfest (OPM, SAO, S;G, should I continue?).

I do hope this wouldn't be the case, but I can't be sure before I see every single episode.
Jul 7, 2020 7:36 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
TeamDalaiLana said:
rakp333 said:

IMO popularity is not same as being accepted. Re:Zero is popular but it attracts polarizing opinions. One needs to sit and analyse the characters and events properly. And retrospective viewing is important.

Kaguya-sama on the other hand is pretty easy to digest for even the most casual fans.

And then this, yeah. While many people don't analyse it at all, few other people end up over-analysing it.
Yeah but Love is War only appeals to a sub set of anime fans that’s why the high ratings.

Try to force battle shonen anime fans to sit through it (they won’t even sit or watch enough to bother to rate it). It’s same reason why stuff like Gintama is highly overrated. I would even say JoJo falls into that category too. These shows bend into its own genre so much that outsider won’t even bother to look to it to watch it or rate it.
I have never seen an opinion as wrong as yours. As a hardcore shounen fan, I rate Kaguya-sama too highly, I would even go as far as to say that Kaguya-sama is probably the best written manga of the last 5 years.
cchiguJul 7, 2020 7:51 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 7, 2020 7:48 PM
Apr 2020
cchigu said:
TeamDalaiLana said:
Yeah but Love is War only appeals to a sub set of anime fans that’s why the high ratings.

Try to force battle shonen anime fans to sit through it (they won’t even sit or watch enough to bother to rate it). It’s same reason why stuff like Gintama is highly overrated. I would even say JoJo falls into that category too. These shows bend into its own genre so much that outsider won’t even bother to look to it to watch it or rate it.
I have never seen an opinion as wrong as yours. As a hardcore shounen, I rate Kaguya-sama too highly, I would go as far as to say that Kaguya-sama is probably the best written manga of the last 5 years.

i dont see how his comment is wrong i personally love kaguya sama
but i know many people who just arent into romcom/slice of life anime and wont bother to watch it much less rate it
like he said its a niche something like attack on titan or demon slayer is a lot more main stream and get more viewers which concludes to more ratings
Jul 7, 2020 8:15 PM
Aug 2018
ayaan692 said:
cchigu said:
I have never seen an opinion as wrong as yours. As a hardcore shounen, I rate Kaguya-sama too highly, I would go as far as to say that Kaguya-sama is probably the best written manga of the last 5 years.

i dont see how his comment is wrong i personally love kaguya sama
but i know many people who just arent into romcom/slice of life anime and wont bother to watch it much less rate it
like he said its a niche something like attack on titan or demon slayer is a lot more main stream and get more viewers which concludes to more ratings

I agree with this. Even I like Kaguya-sama, but it is pretty far from the mainstream and has less viewership compared to those other shows.
Jul 7, 2020 8:22 PM
Aug 2018
lmao this didnt aged well
Jul 7, 2020 8:24 PM
Aug 2018
Yann14 said:
lmao this didnt aged well

The anime hasn't even started airing yet. Lol.

"aged" usually is referred over a timeline of few years etc.
Jul 7, 2020 8:29 PM
Mar 2016
I think it'll reach at LEAST an 8.9 (for the 2nd cour). I refuse to rate them differently per cour; they're the same arc and it wouldn't make sense to rate one higher than the other. WN reader here. Of course scores would differ if loser stans try and down the score because they're salty for trivial stuff.

Edit: The 8.9 scoring is only if they adapt this as good as possible while only cutting the least important parts to optimize pacing. I believe in the studio and Tappei.
Jul 7, 2020 10:10 PM
Jun 2020
Dragloncon773 said:
I think it'll reach at LEAST an 8.9 (for the 2nd cour). I refuse to rate them differently per cour; they're the same arc and it wouldn't make sense to rate one higher than the other. WN reader here. Of course scores would differ if loser stans try and down the score because they're salty for trivial stuff.

Edit: The 8.9 scoring is only if they adapt this as good as possible while only cutting the least important parts to optimize pacing. I believe in the studio and Tappei.
Considering how this whole season will be about arc 4, i think we should actually be okay for pacing within this season.
Jul 8, 2020 3:14 AM

Apr 2017
misthistoric said:

yea they did some major fuck ups in the first one that led everyone to hate subaru and not quite effort was put in subaru's voice acting

What the fuck? People dislike Subaru's voice acting? It was godtier tho? Like in example scene where he gets chased by Rem and then she tries to kill him, that was astounding.

Anyway I haven't read the LN but ik few things and if it is as I imagine then as the other said it could get very controversial, anyway i suppose something around 8.4-8.6
Jul 8, 2020 3:19 AM

Jan 2020
I can't believe non-LN readers are actually commenting on this thread with an expected score. Lmao..

OT: idk. Haven't read the LN.
Jul 8, 2020 5:47 AM

May 2009
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Threads about ranking and/or scores just encourage flame wars between people who liked the show and people who disliked it. They don't promote any kind of actual discussion.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.