Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 21, 2017 2:16 AM

Jun 2015
They changed the fucking art, the studio and the staff working on it?
Ugh I can't even... how are you guys not disappointed? I mean this masterpiece of an ecchi show receiving this kind of treatment?
Akeno doesn't seem like an older hot onee-San anymore she fucking looks 19.

Sorry but im kinda triggered rn

How do you guys feel about this change?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 21, 2017 2:35 AM

Dec 2013
Takamura-sama said:
Ugh I can't even... how are you guys not disappointed? I mean this masterpiece of an ecchi show receiving this kind of treatment?

After Born this gives me hope that they stick to the actual story. I am not going to cry about the art changing or studio or staff at all. Born was a shitpile due to the studio taking liberties they shouldn't have. This is a chancec to fix that mistake and get the series back on track. Also, your complaint is kinda ridiculous "She looks 19" Well seeing she is supposed to be 18 I guess that's not too far off then huh? If something like this 'triggers ' you I suggest you never leave your house.
Oct 21, 2017 2:36 AM

Jun 2015
pjburton said:
Takamura-sama said:

After Born this gives me hope that they stick to the actual story. I am not going to cry about the art changing or studio or staff at all. Born was a shitpile due to the studio taking liberties they shouldn't have. This is a chancec to fix that mistake and get the series back on track.

Idk man, I just really loved the anime never read the ln.

Did have the manga adaptation frm I believe the ln though but quit at vol 7
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Oct 21, 2017 2:55 AM
May 2015
Takamura-sama said:

How can you say you're a "big fan" if you never read the LN tho? /thinking/
I, who is about to awaken,
Am the Heavenly Dragon who has taken the principles of supremacy from God
I envy the "infinite" and I pursue the "dream"
I shall become the White Dragon of Supremacy
And I shall take you to the limits of white paradise

...Juggernaut Drive!
Oct 21, 2017 3:10 AM

Jun 2016
Vali_Lucifer said:
Takamura-sama said:

How can you say you're a "big fan" if you never read the LN tho? /thinking/

?

They don't have to read the LN to be a big fan. They can simply be a big fan of the anime series. I also haven't read the manga/LN of some of my favorite anime and I would still call myself a big fan.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 21, 2017 3:12 AM

Jun 2016
I'm deeply disappointed in the art-style. it looks like some bland anime art style that A-1 pictures would animate. Rias looks the worst to be honest. And changing the directors also wasn't the bets idea. If this was a spin-off or remake or even 1 OVA sequel, then I would've been okay with it, but a fourth season? No way.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Oct 21, 2017 3:18 AM

Feb 2016
I never liked High School DxD but I always adored the artstyle a lot. The new one looks so... average. It's hard to describe.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Oct 21, 2017 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
WAIT... IS IT CONFIRMED?
cant wait to see koneko. took her 3 seasons for a mind break. more ecchi stuff with her :D
Oct 21, 2017 3:40 AM

Jan 2015
Well, despite the animation, i'm looking forward for this.
but still i don't know a thing, this studio animated rokka no yussha and the animation on that looking pretty good but donno why here is way too much different.
Oct 21, 2017 3:41 AM
Feb 2016
well i loved the old art style too ; but people this isn't bad either ! i'm honestly expecting the animation to be better and they even look cuter ! (yeah that looking older and dignified is cool and all ; but cute is justice ; and let's wait for some pv to see all the aspects of the character animation )
well either way i'm loving this and can't wait !!
Oct 21, 2017 3:46 AM

May 2016
I don't care if the previous studio didn't go with the LN I bet it was crap no offense to the readers but this show was master piece with the old style it brought the ecchiness to life (┛`д´)┛
Oct 21, 2017 3:52 AM

Sep 2017
I don't like the new art style either :/.... Just gotta deal with it, at this point i watched all the seasons to drop the series all of sudden, but yea i really wanted the old art style.
Oct 21, 2017 3:57 AM
Oct 2017
I have been waiting for this, it's been almost a year what took them so long?! The director, the scriptwriter, the character design AND the animation studio has been changed?! This is messed up but still going watch it anyway. Just want to know which season is going to air in 2018.
Oct 21, 2017 4:08 AM

Mar 2012
Well i am happy that we are getting a new series.... this was confirmed months ago so i am not as in hype as others are but i am excited that this is on track to adapt the series vol 9 and vol 10 judging by the name of the pv and what i saw in it.

I just don't understand why TNK is no longer producing it, consdiering this was their biggest money maker franchise..maybe the last season reception had something to do with it.

the artstyle..it might take me a while to get used to it, but it seems fine just different.

This could be the last season to be animated. don't get me wrong i want more but just in case it does not. vol 10 is good point to end it.
Oct 21, 2017 4:10 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
I am going to fucking fap my ass off
Oct 21, 2017 4:12 AM
Sep 2017
It's not bad. Just deal with it.
Oct 21, 2017 4:19 AM
Apr 2016
Takamura-sama said:

This anime was so good that it made me want to read (and catch up to) the manga. I think the new art style changes Koneko's looks the most really. Things seem to "crisp". I much rather prefer the old artstyle because it makes things more believable in a weird way.

Etiher way, I will watch this season because as a big fan, even if it's bad, I must see it lol
Oct 21, 2017 4:21 AM

Aug 2013
I saw the PV and also felt the dissapointment. But maybe I'm too quick to judge so I'll give it a chance and watch it.
As long as the story and animation provides good quality, I'm okay with the change in art style. I just saw the PV again and there are characters like Koneko that remain good with the new art
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Oct 21, 2017 4:25 AM

Jun 2017
i wont say dissapointment. surprised is a better word :P
As a fan of DXD series i love they didnt abandon the serie
JOtakuOct 21, 2017 4:28 AM
Oct 21, 2017 4:26 AM
Sep 2017
Yaboku said:
I'm deeply disappointed in the art-style. it looks like some bland anime art style that A-1 pictures would animate. Rias looks the worst to be honest. And changing the directors also wasn't the bets idea. If this was a spin-off or remake or even 1 OVA sequel, then I would've been okay with it, but a fourth season? No way.

I totally agree with you. It makes me disappointed.
Oct 21, 2017 4:46 AM
Nov 2016
Yup, I feel ya mate. Most of them look different, not only Akeno.
Oct 21, 2017 4:51 AM

Sep 2009
Judging just by the current cover art, it looks shittier than the previous ones.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 21, 2017 4:53 AM

Apr 2016
I'm not that disappointed, all i care about is how they adapt these two volumes and mainly
This is one of my favourite fight from LN and I'm seriously looking forward to it. If they stay true to the source and animate properly (fuck the art style) I'm sure it's gonna be better than last 3 seasons.
blnkxOct 21, 2017 5:01 AM
Oct 21, 2017 4:54 AM

Oct 2013
as long as it stays true to the characters themselves art change doesn't matter here
Oct 21, 2017 5:12 AM
Apr 2016
Deknijff said:
as long as it stays true to the characters themselves art change doesn't matter here

Personally, I think that when an anime focuses a lot on looks, changing art style does make a difference. To switch from someone's oppai being one way to another should affect the Oppai Dragon after all
Oct 21, 2017 5:39 AM

Oct 2014
I've never been a big fan of the LN artstyle and I'm concerned with Rail Wars' director's name attached. Oh well, at least Monogatari will (hopefully) always be there.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Oct 21, 2017 5:45 AM

Nov 2014
The old one is the best one..

If Uno do what he did on Seikon no Qwaser.. I will consider the new art style..

But from the teaser.. it really looks like Rail Wars!.. that's really awful, Man..
Oct 21, 2017 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
I also didn't like the change of everything especially the art but hey we need to meet halfway here at least we have a new season and I hear they're also planning to follow the LN more closely.
Oct 21, 2017 5:53 AM

Sep 2015
As long its stick to original i am fine with it or does it? because i heard Oppai Dragon again.
Into the Internet!
Oct 21, 2017 6:05 AM
Apr 2016
First of all, don't judge yet. We only got a teaser with a 1:55 only. Give it an episode or 2. After that, decide whether you want to watch it or not. Who knows that it might be better than what you were expecting. And if it's good, maybe we can get another season or 2.
Oct 21, 2017 6:19 AM

Nov 2014
Yeah they didn't look mature like before, more like some teenager in romcom, still it's really okay for me tho, as long as the story get adapted well
Oct 21, 2017 7:51 AM

Oct 2013
BigBoy101 said:
Deknijff said:
Personally, I think that when an anime focuses a lot on looks, changing art style does make a difference. To switch from someone's oppai being one way to another should affect the Oppai Dragon after all
Boobs are just boobs to me. Akeno acting as her normal self thats all that really matters to me because its her personality that makes her sexy
Oct 21, 2017 8:10 AM

Oct 2011
if they just don't rush the fuck out of it like last season then i'll certainly enjoy it

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Oct 21, 2017 8:11 AM
Apr 2016
Deknijff said:
Boobs are just boobs to me. Akeno acting as her normal self thats all that really matters to me because its her personality that makes her sexy

I think that logic may be the only thing holding you back from being the next Oppai Dragon after Issei dies lol.

But I hear what people are saying. True fans can adjust to changes in artstyle as long as the character's personalities don't change for the worse, etc.
Oct 21, 2017 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
I quite like the new art style. That fight was pretty poorly animated, but I don't have a problem with the art itself.
Oct 21, 2017 8:29 AM

Sep 2017
It feels like im watching those modern hentai. Boi. THAT ART.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 21, 2017 8:36 AM

Apr 2015
I thought this was a Boku no Hero Academia/DxD crossover. Disappointed.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 21, 2017 9:16 AM

Dec 2013
Raizel said:
I don't care if the previous studio didn't go with the LN I bet it was crap no offense to the readers but this show was master piece with the old style it brought the ecchiness to life (┛`д´)┛
Yes, cause crap stories make beyond 20 volumes right?
Oct 21, 2017 9:20 AM

Jan 2014
I don't really care.
as long as they stick to the story.

also, if I can be a "big fan" just because I watch and love the anime, count me in.
I'm not really the type to read LN or play VN anyway.
Oct 21, 2017 9:21 AM

Nov 2013
As long as they stay faithful to the source and do the hype battles justice I honestly don´t care about the visual changes. New art looks more in tune with the original art and also look smoother when it comes to being animated, so that is a plus for me if it stays consistent.

Oct 21, 2017 9:23 AM
Dec 2010
Here's hoping they cover to the end of vol 12 that would be very good way to end the season.
"Hurt Issei and you've got one hell of a powerful harem pissed off and ready to destroy your very existence"
Oct 21, 2017 9:24 AM

May 2016
Is the name of the new studio a motherfucking JoJo reference??!?!?! btw. part 5 confirmed now
Oct 21, 2017 9:30 AM

Oct 2014
Isnt this the same thing pokemon sun and moon went through with the art style lol
Oct 21, 2017 9:31 AM
Dec 2010
Lolimancer said:
Alansbeer said:
Here's hoping they cover to the end of vol 12 that would be very good way to end the season.

Ishibumi confirmed on Twitter it's just volume 9 and 10, and that he's writing the script.

Bugger, that's dissapointing, i so wanted vol 11 and 12 done... i want to see it animated. But i guess more DxD is a good thing
"Hurt Issei and you've got one hell of a powerful harem pissed off and ready to destroy your very existence"
Oct 21, 2017 10:40 AM

Jul 2017
Honestly Im just grateful we're getting another season of HS DxD. From that PV I think they're adapting Sairaorgs Rating Game and goddamn I liked that part.

Hey new studio, don't fuck up Sairaorgs backstory... just don't please

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Oct 21, 2017 11:28 AM
Sep 2017
Guys I'm a really big high school dxd fan and was wondering since they have changed studios from THK TO Passione, I really want to know if they are going to dub this anime? Somebody please give an answer asap
Oct 21, 2017 12:05 PM

Jan 2014
lol you people seriously bitch and moan about anything and everything.

Art style looks perfectly fine and if anything looks better.
Oct 21, 2017 12:09 PM

Dec 2012
i know the art style its change. but its better than not get anime adaption.also i read the anime will adapt ln without changed but i dont know its true or not. we just hope the new studio not ruined the story with filler like season before.
Oct 21, 2017 1:16 PM

Dec 2013
Abyhape said:
I don't really care.
as long as they stick to the story.

also, if I can be a "big fan" just because I watch and love the anime, count me in.
I'm not really the type to read LN or play VN anyway.
If you can't be bothered to read the LN's hhow can you tell if they stick to the story or not?
Oct 21, 2017 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
Alansbeer said:
Lolimancer said:

Ishibumi confirmed on Twitter it's just volume 9 and 10, and that he's writing the script.

Bugger, that's dissapointing, i so wanted vol 11 and 12 done... i want to see it animated. But i guess more DxD is a good thing
I would rather they do it right than try and squeezze 4 volumes in 12 episodes. This is probably a test to see how well they can salvage the series after the piss poor sales of Born. Season one sold 10,000+ copies in Japan, New had 9,500, while born had 6,300. If this season does well then we will probably see more come out. So watch it legally and support the series and maybe we can squeeze a few more seasons out of them.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2018

78 by Andr6969 »»
Jun 7, 6:41 PM

» Season 5 Confirmed!!!

Hachii13 - May 3

40 by filthyfrank8142 »»
May 6, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD season 4 art style

DiamondBaka - Dec 7, 2020

27 by Oongbuh »»
Apr 23, 8:02 PM

» Season 5 possibility

Homura24 - Jun 11, 2023

44 by KrishanMCK »»
Mar 29, 7:11 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

74 by ajay173 »»
Mar 8, 1:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.