Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 25, 2017 2:33 PM
Feb 2017
Actar said:
This is a repost, but I think it's worth taking a look at if you haven't already.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING from these new movies have evoked the same level of emotional response that these scenes have.

Speak for yourself.

I see a lot of people getting really pissy about the whole rookie-mega thing, and, while I agree that it is a huge flaw, I don't that's a good enough reason to thrash the movie as a whole for that. It's not like it happened all the time. It happened once with Gabumon's petit fire on Machinedramon's infinity cannon. Puppy howl literally paralyzes the enemy that's it's effect, so it actually made sense in that scene. With Metalseadramon you could argue it happened again, but it's not like he caused any real damage there, more like he simply irritated it. And let's not forget how Agumon was shown to be much stronger than he was at the beginning of the first season, not just since Tri, but since the wonderswan games, where he beats a champion and a rookie at the same time, with no damage. And that's not game mechanics. In fact, rookies beating megas was a thing there too. And the scene where Sora isn't crushed to death even though she should... That kind of stuff happenned literally since episode 2 of the first season. Complaining about that now just seems silly to me. That said, I myself don't know wether I hate or love this movie. Because despite what I said earlier, I do think the scenes with Gabumon vs the dark masters are big flaws, big enough to make me give it 1.5 points less than I usually would. And I get that Biyomon is supposed to distrust Sora, but it was s little too exaggerated. And I really didn't like how they padded out the final battle with those evolution scenes. Even season one didn't always show the full sequence. And here we got 9 in a row. Also 02 kids! Where are they?!

On the other hand I really enjoyed the character interactions, even those involving Meiko and Meicoomon,and I feel like Meiko learned something from the others and became more brave. Unlike in movie 3, she's not apologizing all the time and actually does something when she can. I also like the tone this movie went for, Gennai and Himekawa genuinely unsettled me. As for Gennai's rapey scenes, come on guys, tons of anime do that. And I think it adds to the feeling of madness that Gennai is supposed to convey in this movie.

Now here's something that a lot of people probably need to know. These movies appearantly don't only take plot points from the show, but from the novel too. That's for example where he Homeostasis was first referred to by name, and those Digimon becoming the four holy beasts is also something explained there. So if you don't know anything about the novel... Prepare to be horribly confused.
Feb 25, 2017 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
sindragosa said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

No, we will not turn off our brains just because of nostalgia. These movies are massively flawed and deserve to be called out for it.

They were made because of nostalgia, you're expecting too much. They are just a special treat for the 15 year anniversary of the series. It has nothing to do with turning your brain off, they aren't even that bad, "massively bad" well that's your opinion, I've seen worse anime than tri.

Gee, how awful of me to expect these movies to be at least competent. Also, I said massively flawed. Don't try and misrepresent me. Oh, and trust me I've seen worse anime than tri. Doesn't make tri any better
Feb 25, 2017 3:09 PM

May 2011
overlordpringerx said:
Actar said:
This is a repost, but I think it's worth taking a look at if you haven't already.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING from these new movies have evoked the same level of emotional response that these scenes have.

Speak for yourself.

I see a lot of people getting really pissy about the whole rookie-mega thing, and, while I agree that it is a huge flaw, I don't that's a good enough reason to thrash the movie as a whole for that. It's not like it happened all the time. It happened once with Gabumon's petit fire on Machinedramon's infinity cannon. Puppy howl literally paralyzes the enemy that's it's effect, so it actually made sense in that scene. With Metalseadramon you could argue it happened again, but it's not like he caused any real damage there, more like he simply irritated it. And let's not forget how Agumon was shown to be much stronger than he was at the beginning of the first season, not just since Tri, but since the wonderswan games, where he beats a champion and a rookie at the same time, with no damage. And that's not game mechanics. In fact, rookies beating megas was a thing there too. And the scene where Sora isn't crushed to death even though she should... That kind of stuff happenned literally since episode 2 of the first season. Complaining about that now just seems silly to me. That said, I myself don't know wether I hate or love this movie. Because despite what I said earlier, I do think the scenes with Gabumon vs the dark masters are big flaws, big enough to make me give it 1.5 points less than I usually would. And I get that Biyomon is supposed to distrust Sora, but it was s little too exaggerated. And I really didn't like how they padded out the final battle with those evolution scenes. Even season one didn't always show the full sequence. And here we got 9 in a row. Also 02 kids! Where are they?!

On the other hand I really enjoyed the character interactions, even those involving Meiko and Meicoomon,and I feel like Meiko learned something from the others and became more brave. Unlike in movie 3, she's not apologizing all the time and actually does something when she can. I also like the tone this movie went for, Gennai and Himekawa genuinely unsettled me. As for Gennai's rapey scenes, come on guys, tons of anime do that. And I think it adds to the feeling of madness that Gennai is supposed to convey in this movie.

Now here's something that a lot of people probably need to know. These movies appearantly don't only take plot points from the show, but from the novel too. That's for example where he Homeostasis was first referred to by name, and those Digimon becoming the four holy beasts is also something explained there. So if you don't know anything about the novel... Prepare to be horribly confused.

Well said mate.

I believe those movies are made for the japanese hardcore fans. They have many details that a not-hardcore fan or an non-japanese fan would not mind or even seem to him as a flaw. Whatever is built and it is gonna be built on the rest 2 movies, is gonna pay off in the last minute of the last movie. Then we can judge the whole Tri. series and tell the real flaws and mistakes, cause whatever it has no sense in movie 4 it can have sense in the last movie for example. Now we judge only episodes, and as far as those episodes are interesting I am happy with it.

Seriously, did anyone knew that Digimons were already infected from the first movie? You can see they have a 2 in their digivolution sequence while after the reboot is missed. That detail shows that Toei does know what it does. And also the reboot was not useless at all.

Also Gennai licking didn't seem as sexual harassment to me. More like an act of a beast, as this Gennai seems not to be a human but a digimon or something like that.
Feb 25, 2017 3:21 PM
Feb 2017
Kurisenshi said:
overlordpringerx said:

Speak for yourself.

Well said mate.

I believe those movies are made for the japanese hardcore fans. They have many details that a not-hardcore fan or an non-japanese fan would not mind or even seem to him as a flaw. Whatever is built and it is gonna be built on the rest 2 movies, is gonna pay off in the last minute of the last movie. Then we can judge the whole Tri. series and tell the real flaws and mistakes, cause whatever it has no sense in movie 4 it can have sense in the last movie for example. Now we judge only episodes, and as far as those episodes are interesting I am happy with it.

Seriously, did anyone knew that Digimons were already infected from the first movie? You can see they have a 2 in their digivolution sequence while after the reboot is missed. That detail shows that Toei does know what it does. And also the reboot was not useless at all.

Also Gennai licking didn't seem as sexual harassment to me. More like an act of a beast, as this Gennai seems not to be a human but a digimon or something like that.

Yeah, a lot of people seem to try to rip on Tri more than it deserves to be by not even giving the series A CHANCE to explain something, like how Meiko got to the digital world. There's still time for that to be explained, don't immediately lose your shit if it's not explained the moment it happens, everybody! The 02 kids? Fair enough, cause there actually WERE a lot of opportunities in these movies to answer that question but instead wasted it. And yeah, unless you are a hardcore fan of this franchise, you won't understand a lot of things about these movies.
Feb 25, 2017 5:41 PM

Apr 2016
So full of nostalgia that it literally yelled REMEMBER ME at one point
Feb 25, 2017 6:56 PM

May 2009
This got so bad near the end I legitimately laughed out loud
Feb 25, 2017 10:22 PM

Oct 2008
overlordpringerx said:
Actar said:

Speak for yourself.

Er, I am?

Kurisenshi said:
Well said mate.

The issue is not whether or not it's going to pay off. I don't even think many people are even denying the possibility here. The issue is in the execution and you don't need to watch the entire series to point out the flaws in the execution and the leaps in logic.

A disappointing battle is a disappointing battle. Poor build-up is poor build-up. Evolution spam is Evolution spam.
Feb 25, 2017 10:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well Himekawa has gone crazy, literally.

1st half was alright, just plain settling down before the build up. Drama with Sora, which was ok I guess.
2nd half was alright as well. Thought the scene where Salamon jumps in to attack was funny, then the whole group quickly runs.
What I didn't like was the excessive amount of evolving towards the final part of the episode. I can understand Patamon and Biyomon but I thought Tentamons was unnecessary since we've already seen his Ultimate form. Seems like the Machinedramon and Seadramon thing were diversions so that Gennai can get to Mei. And that Gennai guy is creepy. Going to look up who he is since I forgot who Gennai is. He sounds familiar.

Overall the movie was ok, indeed the weakest and less appealing.

Feb 25, 2017 11:12 PM

Jul 2013
This was definitely the worst movie out of all of them by far.

Meiko and Meicoomon are still not really an intriguing part of the plot. I think the teacher's past is more interesting but they hardly touch on it, and Himeko hardly gets a role in this movie either and she ends up getting really creepy with Tapirmon.

They took SO MUCH time on evolution scenes...and Takeru and Patamon didn't really even have a reason to go to Ultimate? Sora and Biyomon I understand as well as Koushirou and Tentomon because they had gone through it before...but wow what a way to undermine a milestone for a core character. I guess since Patamon had evolved into Seraphimon once before it's a little less bad, but still that was so out of fucking nowhere.

And not to be a nostalgia hoe, but they really are desecrating everything I loved about 01 in the first place. Their Digimon don't remember them, Gennai is fucking evil, there's a balance in the Digital World who called upon the Chosen Children in the first place now accusing them of enslaving Digimon and using that as rationale for the reboot....Digimon Tri has some serious explaining to do. I want at least for the Digimon to get their memories back by the end of the next movie or else basically these movies are just essentially a huge retcon of the original series.

I get they're supposed to be setting up a plot to be resolved later, but I guess part of the flaw with these movies is that they're released so far apart. Right now it just feels like they're taking the original show and plummeting it into the toilet. If this had been an actual series rather than a set of movies it might have been a lot easier to digest.
Feb 26, 2017 1:37 AM
Feb 2017
Chanaynay said:

And not to be a nostalgia hoe, but they really are desecrating everything I loved about 01 in the first place. Their Digimon don't remember them, Gennai is fucking evil, there's a balance in the Digital World who called upon the Chosen Children in the first place now accusing them of enslaving Digimon and using that as rationale for the reboot.

I don't understand how the Digimon not remembering them is a had thing. It only shows you how much the kids loved their Digimon and the lengths they go to just to see them again.
Gennai being evil... I kind of understand why it would be off-putting to some people. Homeostasis isn't accusing them of anything. Yggdrasil is. Completely different entity.
Chanaynay said:
I want at least for the Digimon to get their memories back by the end of the next movie or else basically these movies are just essentially a huge retcon of the original series.

What?
Feb 26, 2017 1:41 AM

Dec 2016
Wow Maki & Daigo as kids at the start. Guess they were digi destined, I see the other kids with them lying down next to the defeated digimon.

Very surprising that Maki just had a hand in creating the sovereigns.

Machinedramon was a badass, that would have been terrfying to experience that for real.

Lol at the boys not knowing how to talk to girls.

I see so Gennai has gone dark and evil. Very creepy were his interactions with the girls.

That was cool how they digivolved to those forms to defeat Machinedramon.
Feb 26, 2017 2:52 AM

Oct 2016
I keep thinking a regular series would've been better than this film series they did. It's pretty clear they don't know how to manage this format. For a film, the bond between the Chosen Children and their partners has been restored too slowly, yet in a series we would probably have had the right pacing with this. Probably, I repeat.

Can't do nothing but agree with those who are shocked by Child level Digimon successfully hindering Ultimate level ones during brief moments, like Plotmon with his puppy howling or Gabumon with his petit fire. I mean, seriously?

That being said, now I want to see Angewomon ultimately evolving into Ophanimon, now that she has her holy and shouldn't turn into Holydramon.
Feb 26, 2017 5:38 AM
Feb 2017
LockSpeedster said:

Can't do nothing but agree with those who are shocked by Child level Digimon successfully hindering Ultimate level ones during brief moments, like Plotmon with his puppy howling or Gabumon with his petit fire. I mean, seriously?
I agree, petit fire doing anything is stupid, but puppy howling paralyzes the enemy. So that one makes sense.
Feb 26, 2017 9:48 AM

Mar 2015
overlordpringerx said:
I agree, petit fire doing anything is stupid, but puppy howling paralyzes the enemy. So that one makes sense.

No, it doesn't because Mugendramon is a machine.
Feb 26, 2017 9:55 AM
Feb 2017
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:

No, it doesn't because Mugendramon is a machine.
so what? It's not like Digimon obeyed logic in the first place.He's still a Digimon, and unless stated otherwise, there is no reason for us to assume he has an immunity. Remember, this is the same franchise where computers make magic.
Feb 26, 2017 10:07 AM

Mar 2015
overlordpringerx said:
so what? It's not like Digimon obeyed logic in the first place.He's still a Digimon, and unless stated otherwise, there is no reason for us to assume he has an immunity. Remember, this is the same franchise where computers make magic.

No, that's just an excuse for lazy writing. Having magical things doesn't mean there should be no logic. Mugendramon is obviously a machine and shouldn't be affected by a puppy howling at it. I expect more from Digimon because I know it can be more than this.
Feb 26, 2017 10:28 AM
Feb 2017
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:

No, that's just an excuse for lazy writing. Having magical things doesn't mean there should be no logic. Mugendramon is obviously a machine and shouldn't be affected by a puppy howling at it. I expect more from Digimon because I know it can be more than this.
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:

No, that's just an excuse for lazy writing. Having magical things doesn't mean there should be no logic. Mugendramon is obviously a machine and shouldn't be effected by a puppy howling at it.
oh my god, this is so dumb. Literally magic puppy with powers from heaven!!! If this was just a regular dog this would be a valid complaint, but this is not a regular dog, his howl isn't normal either, and Machinedramon is not just some robot, he too is a Digimon, sharing their strength and weaknesses! You're really trying to apply real life logic in a franchise where a robot can have a ghost! This seems more like people feeling the need to complain about things even when they make sense! "Duh' robot" is one of the dumbest things you could say to defend your point! If we really treated him like any other robot the Dramon killers shouldn't affect him either! Literally everything in this universe originates from machines! So why shouldn't it's magic be able to afect machines?! Of course there needs to be logic, but only the kind of logic that we've seen this universe obeys! Machine Digimon have never EVER been established to have an immunity to magic powers! Unless you can give me an example of the contrary, that is. And it better be a damn good one.
Feb 26, 2017 11:38 AM

Mar 2015
overlordpringerx said:
oh my god, this is so dumb. Literally magic puppy with powers from heaven!!! If this was just a regular dog this would be a valid complaint, but this is not a regular dog, his howl isn't normal either, and Machinedramon is not just some robot, he too is a Digimon, sharing their strength and weaknesses! You're really trying to apply real life logic in a franchise where a robot can have a ghost! This seems more like people feeling the need to complain about things even when they make sense! "Duh' robot" is one of the dumbest things you could say to defend your point! If we really treated him like any other robot the Dramon killers shouldn't affect him either! Literally everything in this universe originates from machines! So why shouldn't it's magic be able to afect machines?! Of course there needs to be logic, but only the kind of logic that we've seen this universe obeys! Machine Digimon have never EVER been established to have an immunity to magic powers! Unless you can give me an example of the contrary, that is. And it better be a damn good one.

Why shouldn't Dramon killers affect him? There is no reason why WarGreymon wouldn't be able to cut Mugendramon with Dramon killers. That makes sense. A child level Digimon whose attack is howling at opponent being able to stop an ultimate level cyborg Digimon is fucking stupid. It makes no sense. A magical howling from a little puppy Digimon stops one of the strongest ultimate level cyborg Digimon in the Digital World. Are you kidding me? If that's the logic of Tri's universe, then it's a stupid logic of a stupid universe and I'm simply calling it out.
Feb 26, 2017 11:55 AM

Oct 2016
overlordpringerx said:
LockSpeedster said:

A Child level Digimon shouldn't be able to land a hit on an Ultimate. Whatever is the kind of attack, the Digimon type, attribute or field.

The only Child level that can do something against an Ultimate (and even overpower it) is Lucemon, who is stronger than Seraphimon, Ophanimon and Cherubimon combined.
Feb 26, 2017 12:00 PM
Feb 2017
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:

Why shouldn't Dramon killers effect him? There is no reason why WarGreymon wouldn't be able to cut Mugendramon with Dramon killers. That makes sense. A child level Digimon whose attack is howling at opponent being able to stop an ultimate level cyborg Digimon is fucking stupid. It makes no sense. A magical howling from a little puppy Digimon stops one of the strongest ultimate level cyborg Digimon in the Digital World. Are you kidding me?
because he's not a real dragon, just a robot that looks like one. And again, Puppy howl HAS A PARALYZING EFFECT! It's not a simple howl!
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:

Why shouldn't Dramon killers effect him? There is no reason why WarGreymon wouldn't be able to cut Mugendramon with Dramon killers. That makes sense. A child level Digimon whose attack is howling at opponent being able to stop an ultimate level cyborg Digimon is fucking stupid. It makes no sense. A magical howling from a little puppy Digimon stops one of the strongest ultimate level cyborg Digimon in the Digital World. Are you kidding me?
[quote=BliuBliu]
Because he's a robot, not an actual dragon. So dragon-killing weapons shouldn't actually affect him. And again, PARALYZING EFFECT! Puppy Howl isn't simply a howl, it paralyzes the fucking target! It's called hax! Not everything has to rely on size and raw power! There's tons of rookie level Digimon that have those kinds of abilities!
Feb 26, 2017 12:01 PM
Jul 2014
Movie was cool, i like the mistery touchs.
Feb 26, 2017 12:12 PM
Feb 2017
LockSpeedster said:
overlordpringerx said:

A Child level Digimon shouldn't be able to land a hit on an Ultimate. Whatever is the kind of attack, the Digimon type, attribute or field.

The only Child level that can do something against an Ultimate (and even overpower it) is Lucemon, who is stronger than Seraphimon, Ophanimon and Cherubimon combined.
really bro? Really? Because Tamers, you know, the one regarded by many as the most "realistic" season had this happen several times. And raw power is not everything, hax is also a big factor, which is what puppy howl has, a hax ability that paralyzes the enemy, which is exactly what it did here, and only for like 3 seconds. Even anime and manga with terrible storytelling know that they can't just rely on "rawr I'm so powerfuuuuhl", which is why chao tzu in DBZ was able to paralyze opponents much stronger than him! Hell, official Digimon lore has freshly hatched Digimon that have virtually no power but are still considered dangerous by the big guys! Ever read Zurumon's profile?
Feb 26, 2017 12:20 PM

Mar 2015
overlordpringerx said:

Because he's a robot, not an actual dragon. So dragon-killing weapons shouldn't actually affect him. And again, PARALYZING EFFECT! Puppy Howl isn't simply a howl, it paralyzes the fucking target! It's called hax! Not everything has to rely on size and raw power! There's tons of rookie level Digimon that have those kinds of abilities!

Dramon killers are gauntlets with sharp blades wielded by WarfuckingGreymon. It's stated they are most effective against Dramon Digimon but that doesn't mean they can't cut anything else. That would be simply stupid.
A child level puppy Digimon being able to paralyze one of the strongest ultimate level cyborg Digimon with a howling attack, which is actually a "hax" ability as you put it is stupid. There's no way around it. It's simply dumb. I guess this wouldn't be that much of a problem if the movie had other aspects going for it, but it doesn't.
Feb 26, 2017 12:31 PM
Feb 2017
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:

Dramon killers are gauntlets with sharp blades wielded by WarfuckingGreymon. It's stated they are most effective against Dramon Digimon but that doesn't mean they can't cut anything else.

I never implied that. Just that the extra effect shouldn't happen with Machinedramon because he's a robot, not a dragon.
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:

A child level puppy Digimon being able to paralyze one of the strongest ultimate level cyborg Digimon with a howling attack is stupid. There's no way around it. It's simply dumb. I guess this wouldn't be that much of a problem if the movie had other aspects going for it, but it doesn't.
no, dumb would be ignoring special abilities and just going by power levels, which even DBZ mixed up every once in a while. Remember how fucking weak Guldo was? His special abilities made him pose a threat despite his low power. Same with Chao tzu. Please give me an actual reason why it shouldn't have worked, besides "it's dumb" or "Machinedramon iz zo stronkh". Because those don't have anything to do with bypassing hax.
Feb 26, 2017 12:40 PM

Mar 2015
overlordpringerx said:
no, dumb would be ignoring special abilities and just going by power levels, which even DBZ mixed up every once in a while. Remember how fucking weak Guldo was? His special abilities made him pose a threat despite his low power. Same with Chao tzu. Please give me an actual reason why it shouldn't have worked, besides "it's dumb" or "Machinedramon iz zo stronkh". Because those don't have anything to do with bypassing hax.

A child level puppy Digimon having an ability to paralyze one of the strongest ultimate cyborg level Digimon with a howl is stupid. It is self explanatory. In that DBZ case you have an alien who has an ability to stop time for as long as he breathes, which enables him to fight stronger opponents. This is also stupid, but at least his ability served the story in a way that it posed a threat to protagonists that they've never seen. It led to an interesting battle. In Tri, a child level puppy Digimon paralyzed one of the strongest ultimate cyborg level Digimon because the writers had to ensure that protagonists can escape from a situation they shouldn't have been able to escape from and disregarding any logic in the process. In summary, it was cheap writing. Nothing more, nothing less.
BliuTigerFeb 26, 2017 12:47 PM
Feb 26, 2017 12:55 PM
Feb 2017
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:

A child level puppy Digimon having an ability to paralyze one of the strongest ultimate cyborg level Digimon with a howl is stupid. It is self explanatory. In that DBZ case you have an alien who has an ability to stop time for as long as he breathes, which enables him to fight stronger opponents. This is also stupid, but at least his ability served the story in a way that it posed a threat to protagonists that they've never seen. It led to an interesting battle. In Tri, a child level puppy Digimon paralyzed one of the strongest ultimate cyborg level Digimon because the writers had to ensure that protagonists can escape from a situation they shouldn't have been able to escape from and disregarding any logic in the process.
it baffles me how you think that insisting on saying "it's stupid" is going to make the point any more valid, instead of making it look like you're throwing a tantrum. It's literally all you say besides robot. You have yet to give me an actual reason why "POWAAH" is supposed to nullify a special effect that doesn't rely on physical stats. Tell me, did you complain this much when Leomon, a slightly above average adult stopped Beelzemon's fist? After said Digimon had stuffed himself with data from tons of other Digimon? Or when Mercurymon, an adult class Digimon was able to reflect Seraphimon's attack? Or when three adults went up against Armageddomon in one of the savers-shorts? Or when Veemon beat a Diaboromon in the wonderswan games?
Feb 26, 2017 1:04 PM

Mar 2015
overlordpringerx said:
it baffles me how you think that insisting on saying "it's stupid" is going to make the point any more valid, instead of making it look like you're throwing a tantrum. It's literally all you say besides robot. You have yet to give me an actual reason why "POWAAH" is supposed to nullify a special effect that doesn't rely on physical stats. Tell me, did you complain this much when Leomon, a slightly above average adult stopped Beelzemon's fist? After said Digimon had stuffed himself with data from tons of other Digimon? Or when Mercurymon, an adult class Digimon was able to reflect Seraphimon's attack? Or when three adults went up against Armageddomon in one of the savers-shorts? Or when Veemon beat a Diaboromon in the wonderswan games?

I'm not throwing a tantrum. All of these situations you mentioned from the previous seasons were silly, some more and some less. Mercuremon reflecting Seraphimon's attack in Frontier and beating him so easily was one of the stupidest things that happened in all of Digimon series. It was completely retarded. So yes, I recognize all of these that you mentioned as flaws, again some are minor, some glaring. It doesn't change the fact that (you are gonna love this next part) a child level puppy Digimon having an ability to paralyze one of the strongest ultimate cyborg level Digimon with a howl is stupid and is blatant cheap writing to help the protagonists escape a situation that they should have never been able to escape. That is the main issue I have with it. I don't have a problem with weaker opponents beating stronger opponents if they do it in a way that makes sense. Hunter x Hunter is a series that does this the best and it's one of my favorites. Digimon Tri. sucks at this.
BliuTigerFeb 26, 2017 1:12 PM
Feb 26, 2017 1:15 PM
Feb 2017
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:

I'm not throwing a tantrum. All of these situations you mentioned from the previous seasons were silly, some more and some less. Mercurymon reflecting Seraphimon's attack in Frontier was one of the stupidest things that happened in all of Digimon series. It was completely retarded. So yes, I recognize all of these that you mentioned as flaws, again some are minor, some glaring. It doesn't change the fact that (you are gonna love this next part) a child level puppy Digimon having an ability to paralyze one of the strongest ultimate cyborg level Digimon with a howl is stupid and is blatant cheap writing to help the protagonists escape a situation that they should have never been able to escape. That is the main issue I have with it.
What I ACTUALLY love is how you still don't give any actual reason why bigger power level automatically means bypassing hax. You just say it's stupid, but don't actually give reasons why. And like I said before, even in official Digimon lore there were Digimon with very low power levels but that were regarded as dangerous regardless because of their special abilities that don't rely on raw power. Like Zurumon, Clockmon etc.
Feb 26, 2017 1:37 PM

Mar 2015
overlordpringerx said:
What I ACTUALLY love is how you still don't give any actual reason why bigger power level automatically means bypassing hax. You just say it's stupid, but don't actually give reasons why. And like I said before, even in official Digimon lore there were Digimon with very low power levels but that were regarded as dangerous regardless because of their special abilities that don't rely on raw power. Like Zurumon, Clockmon etc.

I legit don't understand what is unclear with what I'm saying. I simply think that a child puppy Digimon having an ability to stop one of the strongest ultimate level cyborg Digimon with a magic howl is evidently stupid. What made it worse is the way the writers used this in this movie. You call it "hax" and I'm saying that "hax" is stupid because as you saw in the movie, it was used as a cheap way to change the situation. That's what it often boils down to when a character has a "hax" ability that can beat a stronger opponent. It makes no sense. It's lazy writing. Having "hax" abilities like that in the first place is bad because it often removes tension, lowers excitement, cheapens writing and limits the overall potential of the story. This is the problem that plagues Shounen anime in general. Do you understand now why I have a problem with Plotmon stopping Mugendramon in that situation?
Feb 26, 2017 2:06 PM
Feb 2017
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:

I legit don't understand what is unclear with what I'm saying. I simply think that a child puppy Digimon having an ability to stop one of the strongest ultimate level cyborg Digimon with a magic howl is evidently stupid. What made it worse is the way the writers used this in this movie. You call it "hax" and I'm saying that "hax" is stupid because as you saw in the movie, it was used as a cheap way to change the situation. That's what it often boils down to when a character has a "hax" ability that can beat a stronger opponent. It makes no sense. It's lazy writing. Having "hax" abilities like that in the first place is bad because it removes the tension, lowers excitement, cheapens writing and limits the overall potential of the story. This is the problem that plagues Shounen anime in general. Do you understand now why I have a problem with Plotmon stopping Mugendramon in that situation?
yes. And what you are saying is incredibly dumb. First of all, hax is only bad if it's broken. Stuff like time manipulation, wish granting and all that OP stuff can indeed seriously harm the story. But that wasn't Plotmon's case, she just paralyzed Machinedramon for a few seconds and that's it, she has barely any way of exploiting that ability, and spamming it would just be counterproductive. And you keep calling it a cheap way to get out of that situation, when that was actually a rather clever way around it. Gabumon's petit flare actually was very cheap, because it doesn't make sense in-universe. Plotmon's puppy howl on the other hand did. And you calling it stupid all the time won't make it any less true. And you say that hax is bad for storytelling? Do you have ANY idea how boring any form of entertainment would be if it all boiled down to who was stronger? Every single story in anything would feel exactly the same and it would actually limit the story much more than having hax. Have you seen jojo's bizarre adventure? That show relies almost entirely on hax, and it is one of the coolest manga i've ever read. Hax allows for extremely exciting fights even when one character is infinitely inferior to the other in terms of raw power since, not only does it become a battle of strength, but of brains aswell, adding a lot more depth than what's basically comparing dicksizes. So while yeah, a ridiculous level of hax can ruin a story, in moderate amounts it can give way to very deep very creative fights. And in Plotmon's case it's far from excessive, since it isn't easily exploitable.
Feb 26, 2017 3:09 PM

Mar 2015
overlordpringerx said:
yes. And what you are saying is incredibly dumb. First of all, hax is only bad if it's broken. Stuff like time manipulation, wish granting and all that OP stuff can indeed seriously harm the story. But that wasn't Plotmon's case, she just paralyzed Machinedramon for a few seconds and that's it, she has barely any way of exploiting that ability, and spamming it would just be counterproductive. And you keep calling it a cheap way to get out of that situation, when that was actually a rather clever way around it.

That's a clever way around it? Plotmon paralyzing Mugendramon who just stands there waiting for it instead of attacking? With a magic howling attack? For enough time for them to escape the woods and arrive at the ship? Alright, you win.
overlordpringerx said:
And you say that hax is bad for storytelling? Do you have ANY idea how boring any form of entertainment would be if it all boiled down to who was stronger? Every single story in anything would feel exactly the same and it would actually limit the story much more than having hax. Have you seen jojo's bizarre adventure? That show relies almost entirely on hax, and it is one of the coolest manga i've ever read. Hax allows for extremely exciting fights even when one character is infinitely inferior to the other in terms of raw power since, not only does it become a battle of strength, but of brains aswell, adding a lot more depth than what's basically comparing dicksizes. So while yeah, a ridiculous level of hax can ruin a story, in moderate amounts it can give way to very deep very creative fights. And in Plotmon's case it's far from excessive, since it isn't easily exploitable.

Now I'm confused. I'm not sure what you mean by "hax" anymore. You are talking about it as if it is just an ability. I assumed that by "hax", you meant that a character has a convenient overpowered ability, which is what I think is the case with Plotmon in the movie. Sure, I could somehow buy that it can paralyze a child, adult or even perfect level Digimon for more than a few seconds. But one of the strongest ultimate level Digimon that's also a complete machine? Nah. Again, this wouldn't be such a problem if the movie had other things going for it like good directing, animation or interesting characters, but it doesn't. Maybe you should define the word "hax" for me because I'm utterly confused. I agree with what you said about JoJo, but I have no idea how anything that happened in JoJo has anything to do with the situation I'm talking about in this movie.
BliuTigerFeb 26, 2017 3:28 PM
Feb 26, 2017 3:44 PM
Feb 2017
BliuBliu said:
overlordpringerx said:
yes. And what you are saying is incredibly dumb. First of all, hax is only bad if it's broken. Stuff like time manipulation, wish granting and all that OP stuff can indeed seriously harm the story. But that wasn't Plotmon's case, she just paralyzed Machinedramon for a few seconds and that's it, she has barely any way of exploiting that ability, and spamming it would just be counterproductive. And you keep calling it a cheap way to get out of that situation, when that was actually a rather clever way around it.

That's a clever way around it? Plotmon paralyzing Mugendramon who just stands there waiting for it instead of attacking? With a magic howling attack? For enough time for them to escape the woods and arrive at the ship? Alright, you win.

First of all, Machinedramon isn't exactly famous for his speed, second of all, puppy howl isn't some attack that you can just see coming a mile away, it's an extremely quick attack,
And third, it only gave the kids a small headstart, in just a few seconds he proceeded to run after them. But, like I said, Machinedramon isn't exactly fast, so that headstart was enough to allow them to escape.

BliuBliu said:

Now I'm confused. I'm not sure what you mean by "hax" anymore. You are talking about it as if it is just an ability. I assumed that by "hax", you meant that a character has a convenient overpowered ability, which is what I think is the case with Plotmon in the movie. Sure, I could somehow buy that it can paralyze a child, adult or even perfect level Digimon for more than a few seconds. But one of the strongest ultimate level Digimon that's also a complete machine? Nah. Again, this wouldn't be such a problem if the movie had other things going for it, but it doesn't.
first, Machinedramon stopped being one of the strongest ultimates long ago. As for hax, the whole point of it is to find ways to bypass things like strength and durability. So stop it with your ultimate-whining because in Digimon pure strength has never been linked to any resistance to hax whatsoever. So please stop using that argument, and the machine one, because in Digimon being a machine doesn't protect you from anything either. You can still suffer curses, you can still suffer pain, you even have a soul. And Plotmon didn't "conveniently have that ability", that was it's official signature move for ages.
Feb 26, 2017 6:11 PM

Jan 2008
Blow said:
Digimon Tri = wasted potential

Also, Gennai's behaviour toward the girls was totally unnecessary. The series doesn't need that at all.

I wish Toei put more effort into creating a better story instead of wasting their (and our) time with stupid scenes.

Well, well, let's all blame Yggdrasil Toei together, since no one wanted such a bad reboot.

Agreed. This show was still E for everyone right? Perverted Gennai licking was really gross, and overall quite disgusting. I'm perfectly ok with this version of Gennai having his digital junk chopped off, and deleted permanently with no other copies of him existing elsewhere.

Himekawa is also off her rocker.
Feb 26, 2017 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
overlordpringerx said:
I don't understand how the Digimon not remembering them is a had thing. It only shows you how much the kids loved their Digimon and the lengths they go to just to see them again.

The implication and meaning behind it is fine, but in terms of writing they're essentially erasing the value of all the times the Chosen Children spent with their Digimon. The kids still remember, sure, but it doesn't carry the same magnitude as when the Digimon remembered their time together as well. When Mimi and Jyou evolved Rosemon and Vikemon it was through the power of the bonds they forged over the years and they hard work they put in that we, as viewers, got to see the results of. Now Takeru and Patamon knew each other for a few days and got to that point just fine. It's a very shoehorned-in plotpoint.

So yeah...Digimon not remembering their memories basically reduces a lot of the value of what we saw in 01. The Digimon we knew from the original series are gone, and now we have these new incarnations of them instead. I'm personally not a fan of the writing going in this direction, and from the looks of it a lot of people just generally aren't happy with how this series is headed either.

Homeostasis isn't accusing them of anything. Yggdrasil is. Completely different entity.

Both are higher beings of the Digital World regardless.

Chanaynay said:
I want at least for the Digimon to get their memories back by the end of the next movie or else basically these movies are just essentially a huge retcon of the original series.

What?

I'm being hyperbolic. I'm just saying they're on their way to throwing this series in the dumpster if they're not careful via warping everything from the original series into something it isn't.
Feb 26, 2017 7:32 PM

Jul 2011
I have some mixed feeling's about this movie. It was good, but also kinda bad at the same time.

First, off I really liked the start of the movie. It kinda gives us a better idea of why Maki is doing all this and her involvement with Evil Gennai. Yeah, it's doesn't explain what the big plain is, but it still gives us an idea. Not to mention we get to see the old Digidestined and what they were like. Not to mention the Dark Masters.

As for the rest of the movie, it was alright. After what happened in the last movie and what was explained what was going to happen, it makes seines that it would be a becoming friends with the digimon again. I felt it was good to make it about Sora.

The battle was alright. Nothing amazing even thou they used 2 of the Dark Master. Most likely under Evil Gennai mind control or something.

In the end the movie was not great, but I still enjoyed it. Hopefully by the next movie will get more into what is going on and what it's leading to.

I still have hope for this movie.
Feb 26, 2017 11:33 PM

Nov 2008
For me I didn't really care about the unanswered questions because to me this is the best Tri movie because it has so many Mega's and I love Mega Digimon.

Besides you got 2 more movies left.
Feb 27, 2017 4:42 AM

Oct 2016
overlordpringerx said:
really bro? Really? Because Tamers, you know, the one regarded by many as the most "realistic" season had this happen several times. And raw power is not everything, hax is also a big factor, which is what puppy howl has, a hax ability that paralyzes the enemy, which is exactly what it did here, and only for like 3 seconds. Even anime and manga with terrible storytelling know that they can't just rely on "rawr I'm so powerfuuuuhl", which is why chao tzu in DBZ was able to paralyze opponents much stronger than him! Hell, official Digimon lore has freshly hatched Digimon that have virtually no power but are still considered dangerous by the big guys! Ever read Zurumon's profile?

Yes, really, and I'm not your "bro". Tamers happens in a different universe with different rules. Also, Dragon Ball has nothing to do with Digimon. And Chao Tzu wouldn't be able to do anything against Beerus and other Hakaishins. You're going off-topic. The subject of the discussion is Digimon and the universe the Adventure franchise is set in. A Child level Digimon can't do anything against an Ultimate. Mugendramon is an Ultimate level digimon. Ultimate, meaning the last level. It's like you're insinuating a bug can overpower a deity. Bitch, please.
Feb 27, 2017 5:55 AM
Feb 2017
LockSpeedster said:
overlordpringerx said:

Yes, really, and I'm not your "bro". Tamers happens in a different universe with different rules. Also, Dragon Ball has nothing to do with Digimon. And Chao Tzu wouldn't be able to do anything against Beerus and other Hakaishins. You're going off-topic. The subject of the discussion is Digimon and the universe the Adventure franchise is set in. A Child level Digimon can't do anything against an Ultimate. Mugendramon is an Ultimate level digimon. Ultimate, meaning the last level. It's like you're insinuating a bug can overpower a deity. Bitch, please.
Tamers logic was almost entirely the same as Adventure's. It still had power levels, evolutinary stages, etc. I brought up Dragonball because it almost entirely relies on powerscaling, but even that show gave it's weaker characters special abilities so that they could fight or be useful against stronger opponents. Not necessarily win, but still give them trouble. That's called hax. Abilities that bypass stuff like power levels to make fights less repetitive and less dependent on raw power and more on how each opponent uses what they have. Puppy Howl is one such ability. It was never established in the entire first season that a higher power level gave you any kind of resistance to hax. Not even in official Digimon lore. Unless stated otherwise, there is no reason to assume Ultimate Digimon that solely rely on fire power and strength should have any kind of immunity to attacks that have special effects. Not to mention, Veemon canonically beat a Diaboromon before meeting Davis.
Feb 27, 2017 6:10 AM

Nov 2011
What's with all the rapey face licking Gennai. That's so fucking weird.

Feb 27, 2017 8:09 AM

Jan 2014
I like it when the digimon evolved, but a single evolve could takes up to 45 seconds, then multipled it by 3 so they reach ultimate form, they wasted all the times in evolving animation.
Feb 27, 2017 10:37 AM

Apr 2016
smh i almost thought someone was about to get raped this man out here licking faces
Feb 27, 2017 10:51 AM

Oct 2016
overlordpringerx said:
LockSpeedster said:

Tamers logic was almost entirely the same as Adventure's. It still had power levels, evolutinary stages, etc. I brought up Dragonball because it almost entirely relies on powerscaling, but even that show gave it's weaker characters special abilities so that they could fight or be useful against stronger opponents. Not necessarily win, but still give them trouble. That's called hax. Abilities that bypass stuff like power levels to make fights less repetitive and less dependent on raw power and more on how each opponent uses what they have. Puppy Howl is one such ability. It was never established in the entire first season that a higher power level gave you any kind of resistance to hax. Not even in official Digimon lore. Unless stated otherwise, there is no reason to assume Ultimate Digimon that solely rely on fire power and strength should have any kind of immunity to attacks that have special effects. Not to mention, Veemon canonically beat a Diaboromon before meeting Davis.

It's simple logic that you fail to understand. If someone is weaker can do no effect to you. Plain and simple. The defense is too high to allow something like your suggestion to happen. Maybe you lack just that, critical thinking.
Feb 27, 2017 11:08 AM
Feb 2017
LockSpeedster said:
overlordpringerx said:

It's simple logic that you fail to understand. If someone is weaker can do no effect to you. Plain and simple. The defense is too high to allow something like your suggestion to happen. Maybe you lack just that, critical thinking.
no, that's not logic. That's just a very simplistic mindset. Not only is that not how Digimon works, but it also isn't how real life works. If it was, then black widows wouldn't be able to kill us. Defense only protects you from physical damage. Puppy howl is a magic soundwave that has a paralyzing effect similar to Chao tzu's telekinesis in Dragon Ball. And I love how you think that raw power is all that matters in Digimon when I provided clear examples of the contrary. If it was something like Wormmon using sticky net, that would have actually been a valid complaint, since that is just a very sticky web with no hax abilities, but puppy howl is a hax magic scream, which is why it's not necessarily bound by physical laws.
Feb 27, 2017 3:23 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that Himekawa was actually a member of the digidestined group that existed before Tai's group and at the same time to see them face the dark masters. That was surprising. What was more was that she was possessed by the same entity that possessed Kari back in the 1st season that tried to stand up to the DM as well. So the original digidestined's digimon become the 4 heavenly beasts eh. The scene where the other guardians used their powers to sacrifice Megadramon to take down the DM was pretty sad though. Though it brought peace it did at too high a cost. That does explain why Himekawa has that much knowledge on digimon though.

Watching the Digimon partners behave like this though really brings back memories of the first season. Guess that the Digidestined would have to bond with their partners again then. Mimi and Tanemon though. Wow Gatoman's rookie form was cute.
Hmm it seems that Yokomon and Sora would not get on so well as the others eh. Still watching the cast try to strike up friendships with their partners is pretty nice to see. Seems Meicoomon was always born again eh. But for her to remember Meiko though thats unusual. As ever Sora is excellent with her cooking. The food that she made sure looks delicious. But its nice to see them all have food together though. I forgot just how many sharp teeth Tokomon actually has though lol. Koushiro sure likes to explain things doesn't he lol. Only Motimon can stop him from being sidetracked lol. Koushiro's face when being fed by Mimi though is priceless. Kinda sad to see Sora like that though. Hopefully her partner would come around eventually.

The digimon's reactions to having their rookie forms seen was cute. Its strange that Meicoomon is still able to remember Mei though given that the rest of the digimon can't remember their partners. It seems its anger has made it even more dangerous though. Im amazed that Koushiro's laptop still has internet in the digital world though. Tk being teased by Kari though was funny even more when he tried to involve Yamato as well. It was nice seeing Taichi and Yamato notice Sora's sadness and try to comfort her though. Taichi still needs to learn to read the mood eh. Agumon just casually floating past to break the ice lol. Hmm and now even Himekawa is missing eh. The mystery deepens.

Meanwhile the situation with Sora sure took a slight turn lol. Guess even Yamato can be careless at times eh. Taichi's words remind Sora of her partner eh. Damm machinedramon. Now thats a bad reminder to the Dark masters right there. Despite the sudden situation its nice to see that Joe still can keep calm unlike his old self lol. Himekawa is pretty fixated on finding her partner though. Its certainly understandable after all every digidestined would have formed an important bond with their partner. That explains why she was so interested in the reboot eh. Its cute that Daigo tries so hard to stop her though given their shared past as digidestined. He knows full well the pain that she's going through.Man every one of Biyomon's's words are hurting Sora to the core. Hmm so even Meiko decided to come to the digiworld eh. Well she did want to help after all. So after that encounter they were all separated from each other eh. It seems that they were deposited quite wildly as well. Its interesting in that each of them are paired with different digimon partners though. Should be interesting to see where this goes. So Sora is paired with Meiko eh. Well Sora is the most understanding of the group so this pairing should be fine. Its funny that after seeing Sora cry Biyomon's attitude has now changed to that a tsundere though. Meiko is the one that Biyomon gets along with eh. Meanwhile back in the real world the mysterious digimon finally gets a name and a role. So Ygdrasil is the main villain eh and that not just Gennai but Himekawa is working with him. So i wonder is Hackmon friend or foe. So Meicooman is the key that the enemy wants eh. Its only when they are separated that you can see the fruits of the casts labors though. Still its funny watching each of the cast with the different digimon though. But damm i feel for Sora though.

Hmm Takeru was lucky to end up at the digimon village though as its guardian Elecmon is the kind type that always tries to help people. Its also nice to see what Yamato's inner thoughts about Taichi are like though. So strange to see a train in the digiworld though. At the same time we also get to see what Taichi and the others thoughts are regarding the bonding as well especially after their attempt to digivolve failed. Maybe trying to get things back to how they were before was the wrong move after all. Its important that your partners are happy as well you know. Hikari's advice is spot on as always. Sora's struggles with Byomon though is sad to watch though. Its nice to see Meiko try to cheer Sora up though despite her own mood. Its nice to see that Meiko is now much more braver though. My Meicoomon's tantrums are pretty lethal eh. The false emperor summoning machinedramon with just a click was pretty nicely done though. Meicoomnon using itself as bait though was brave. Man Gennai's behaving like a pervert lol. Still its nice seeing Biyomon finally come to respect Sora though. Taichi and Yamato got there right on time though. Now they finally see that Gennai is the enemy. Its nice to see that everyone's bonds with their partners is back though. Not to the level in the past but still good enough. Mei and Meicoomon being together again is also nice to see. Plenty of references to the dark masters in this episode though. First machinedramon and now Metalseadramon. Its nice to see Biyomon finally warm up to Sora though. Gamumon's fish attack is still as effective though. Lol Gennai being slapped by the fish that was grinning. Himekawa looks like she's gone insane now though. Its nice to see that the bond between Taichi and Agumon and Yamato and Gabumon are finally strong enough to be able to digivolve.

The fight between Metalseadramon and Wargreymon though was well done and sure brings back memories. Of course it will take more than dropping a large block of ice on him to take down machinedramon. Sora is pretty brave to try and save Biyomon like that though. And now we get to see Biyomom's mega form. Phoenixmon eh. Great catch from Joe though. Plus Patamon's mega form as well. Only with mega's can you beat other megas as well though. Seeing 5 mega evolution's in one battle man that's amazing. Taichi's rather awkward apology to Sora was cute though.

I quite enjoyed this movie actually and it was nice to see the main cast reforge their bonds with their partners. Now we know who the main villain is though we can prepare for the endgame. Still seeing both Gennai and Himekawa as enemies was a surprise. Still the story was well acted out and played and the combat scenes was excellent. I hope that Meiko didn't die though as she has started to grow on me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2017 7:05 AM

Jul 2013
Patamon doesn't know his own evolution o_O Then, what the f does he says when he evolves? "Patamon digivolves to Whatever"?
And what is a train doing there?
OMG, you know they NEED TO FILL 1 hour 30 minutes when nobody can megadigivolves directly LOL This is ridiculous.
bryansaoFeb 28, 2017 7:36 AM
Feb 28, 2017 5:59 PM
Nov 2014
When everyone need to re-establish the 'bond' between each other (both human and digimon) but strangely, in order to gv a little bit more intense feeling, they've made Biyomon act like that.
Which, strangely, this doesnt happen to other digimon, & did not happen when Biyomon is in the first digimon adventure series. (rebooted with new mentality, BUGS ?!)

one second, cant evolve, RUN.
next second, everyone evolve to Mega level.
2 v 1
3 v 1

But again, this is the only anime that made me shed tears (when Brave heart played), DUDE ~ the nostalgic feels.... kick to my stomach, real hard.

Personally, i'll gv this a 6.5/10 for overall.
It could be better... but it leave more question than answer.
Feb 28, 2017 8:24 PM

Feb 2013
HollowIchigo58 said:
For me I didn't really care about the unanswered questions because to me this is the best Tri movie because it has so many Mega's and I love Mega Digimon.

Besides you got 2 more movies left.

Are you kidding? This was seriously the worst Tri movie.
I absolutely love Tri, but this movie was seriously mediocre and disappointing.
Mar 1, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2016
This was absolutely terrible. I love the Digimon Franchise and while I was quite disappointed by the Tri movies, none of them were as bad as this one. The drama feels completely forced and unnecessary. Mei and Meicoomon still don't fit in. Gennai has become a sexual predator because of the DARKNESS. And Yggdrasil is the bad guy like in many other entries in the Digimon series.

I don't know if the next two entries will be better but I'm certain that the drama will not stop seeing as
Mar 2, 2017 5:02 AM

Jul 2008
The nostalgia feels hit hard, but still this was the weakest of the 4 movies. We still got practically no answers and even more questions.

And we still don't know where the R2 kids are.

I still give it a 6 out of 10, but after movie 3 was so good this one left me wanting.

And the plot really needs to pick up next movie, I mean seriously.
Mar 3, 2017 11:43 PM

Nov 2009
The previous movies were OK, but this one just had too much wrong with it. Others have already listed what's wrong: the Mega evolutions coming out of nowhere - especially Patamon's, Rookie levels actually being able to fight Megas, unnecessary 3 v 1 on Machinedramon which resulted in a very dragged out evolution sequence (made even longer because they refuse to do Warp Evolution).

It felt like they literally cut a scene from the movie, when Sora started crying and with no transition she suddenly she found Mei.

The Digimon Emperor avatar turned out to be totally pointless and just fanservice added in the earlier movies. That avatar had no effect on the plot, it could be replaced by a walking sausage and the story would be the same. It would have worked better to just show Gennai from the beginning and make us guess what his intentions were.

What happened to Alphamon?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» These Movies are only good during the last 10 minutes.

Isterio - Feb 26, 2017

12 by Sebastian333 »»
Aug 9, 2017 1:04 AM

» I can´t be the only one who is sick of the new characters

Isterio - Feb 26, 2017

20 by RedSwordHeart »»
Aug 7, 2017 12:07 PM

» So these movies were out of nostalgia right ?

lord23 - May 31, 2017

0 by lord23 »»
May 31, 2017 7:13 AM

» Digimon Adventure tri. 5 key visual

Baka_Debakar - Feb 24, 2017

7 by JuJu93 »»
Apr 21, 2017 8:11 AM

» List of open things for the next movies.

Tsuguni - Feb 26, 2017

2 by Tsuguni »»
Feb 27, 2017 5:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.