Forum Settings
Forums
Noragami: Stray God
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2016 1:14 AM

Oct 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

suffering never ends eh?

Noragami keeps getting bloodier with each chapter. What's up with the covenant and blatant killing of shinkis? Wew.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 6, 2016 1:26 AM

May 2016
This chapter was basically a Shinki russian roulette.

RIP Tsuyu. Props to Tenjin, Ebisu, Kunimi and Daikoku. Seeing Kofuku cry made me really sad, and Yato is really in a lot of pain due to what Yukine's going through.

Daikoku should have plot armor, but I don't trust Adachitoka anymore. Daikoku surviving and the conflict being solved like this would be weird and anticlimatic, so I don't know what to expect.
Dec 6, 2016 1:28 AM

Jan 2016
NOOOOOOOOOOO DAIKOKU ):
Man looks like in this trial everybody just loses. I agree with Father here, Heaven is indeed their enemy

I feel like Yato and Father will make heaven rethink their decisions in life very soon.
Dec 6, 2016 2:20 AM

Jul 2016
If Yato wins he would have made heaven his enemy.

If Yato loses he will seek revenge against heaven.

Win , win autor.... let the bloody times begin!
Dec 6, 2016 2:49 AM

Oct 2012
That was a pretty intense chapter to read...I really can't wait to see how this turns out D:
Dec 6, 2016 3:32 AM

Nov 2011
Daikoku ....

Climax of this arc should be reaching pretty soon when Yuto saves Yukine. I know he can.
Dec 6, 2016 3:49 AM

Jul 2015
SilverDio said:
If Yato wins he would have made heaven his enemy.

If Yato loses he will seek revenge against heaven.

Win , win author.... let the bloody times begin!

Agree! I don't know what's going to happen. Either way, it feels like it'll be a loss. Tsuyu dead was pretty sad, and everyone staring at Yato is heartbreaking.
I hope Daikoku survives but somehow I get the feeling that it'll be too simple if that happens. I dunno.
Next chapters will be out on January... Gosh! I'm suffering.
Dec 6, 2016 4:05 AM

Dec 2015
I feel sorry for Yato, it's as if...everything he worked hard for, went wasted.

It's so sad for Tsuyu and I really admire Tenri and Daikoku for this. Daikoku decided on his own, even though his master is so against it..is just so touching.

I'm really worried for Daikoku (T_T)
Dec 6, 2016 4:42 AM

Jul 2012
Nooooo Daikoku! Oh please, don't let him die :( I'm already crying seeing Kofuku so sad :( :( :(
Tsuyu's death was so sad as well...I kinda hate heaven right now, is that the work of the sorcerer?! lol

Dec 6, 2016 7:14 AM

May 2010
Daikoku :'( Ahhh that was such a torturous cliffhanger. Poor Kofuku :(

I did have a little cheer for Tenjin and Ebisu. Good guys <3
If you're going to put up a show of torture...I'm sorry, but I'd rather leave the stage. – Furude Rika, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Dec 6, 2016 9:06 AM

Sep 2016
Holy crap ... this chapter. Killing shinki for some weird covenant thing to save Yato. Poor Tsuyu. The moment with Daikoku and Kofuku is heartbreaking because he's her only shinki. This is really messed up how the heavens work like this; having to kill a shinki to see if someone is innocent. They were once human!

Also what the heck happened to Yato! He just went a little nuts after Yukine called out 'Dad' and started using some weird shadows things. Is Yukine starting to remember his past and Yato is feeling those effects? 😨
Dec 6, 2016 11:33 AM

Jun 2016
Wow this got really intense, another cliffhanger ending though :(.
Dec 6, 2016 11:43 AM

May 2013
This chapter snatched my weave! I was not expecting that at all. I felt really sorry for Tsuyu, I liked her a lot :(
But omg if Daikoku dies I will shit my pants, slit my wrists, walk into traffic, drink bleach and jump off a cliff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2016 2:39 PM

Jun 2011
RIP Daikoku, I guess! :c
...You what?
Dec 6, 2016 6:05 PM

Jun 2015
I REFUSE

I don't want Daikoku to die, oh no pretty baby Kofuku crying was too much for my heart...I can't with this cliffhanger , what kind of despair is that ??
Dec 6, 2016 8:56 PM

Jun 2013
On one hand i want Daikoku to die because it would be a breath of fresh air in this infested sea of plot armor. On the the other hand....frvwuftgkhfdgsyuhfedxray NoOoOo!!! Give that man a Gundam!
Dec 6, 2016 9:46 PM
Nov 2016
Ahhh I don't want Daikoku to die but the plot could get more interesting if he dies...still, NOOO DON'T DO THIS TO ME!
On another note, who is this new guy and how can Yato be so strong? How did he cleave heaven and use those shadows?
Dec 6, 2016 11:40 PM

May 2016
Akagami_Ten said:
Ahhh I don't want Daikoku to die but the plot could get more interesting if he dies...still, NOOO DON'T DO THIS TO ME!
On another note, who is this new guy and how can Yato be so strong? How did he cleave heaven and use those shadows?

The new guy, Arahabaki, is the Emishi God who was talking to Yato during the Gods meeting in Chapter 59. He's one of the leaders of the revolution that took place against Heaven centuries ago and that resulted in Nana getting locked up. He'll probably be key if there's going to be another war against Heaven.

As per Yato, he's always been very strong. Surprisingly strong for a lowly God actually, which is all kinds of suspicious.
Dec 7, 2016 7:26 AM
Jul 2016
i'm looking forward to the next so very very truly sad chapter :'(
#R.I.P Tsuyu
DAIKOKU PLEASE DON'T DIE!!!
Dec 7, 2016 8:12 AM

Dec 2015

It took me a while before things really sunk in... the face the Tejin made after Tsuyu was beheaded is so heartbreaking, that realization that he really lost his companion for thousand years.

I wonder though if father actually will interfere? Just to take the heaven's attention from Yato and so the heaven will think of the possibility that the sorcerer is really alive, since he still have the pen with him. So the execution for Yato will be held for a while and he'll just be imprisoned.
He's just few meters away from them

But then Daikoku can also win and so they will investigate more what really happened and listen to Yato's story etc.

I will be happy if it turned out that Nana's previous master is actually Yato, then she can save her master again from death...with the help of Vinna since Yato is in trouble from helping her, if not (If her Master is really the glasses man)then Vinna and her can just help him.. maybe their other friends will help too....

But in also be the worst case scenario, father interfere and take Yato away, Yato will be forced to release Yukine and so Yato will take revenge in heaven using Nora and again...my wish..Nana lol (YES I LIKE HER) but then...those who helped him will be in trouble. So maybe the other one is better lol.
Dec 7, 2016 8:20 AM
Jul 2010
Can someone tell me what has happened with Yato? And damn, this chapter ended so suddenly... I can imagine Daikoku either die or not, but I think something will happen and the ritual will be interrupted. Idk, maybe father will make his move?
Dec 8, 2016 12:52 PM

May 2016
I'm pretty sure Nana is Arahabaki's hafuri so she should be able to remember him and what
went down with the Emishi. Them not remembering is the only reason why they aren't against Heaven so he's probably going to end up helping Hiyori.

I'm also interested in Bishamon's history since she is also one of the defeated gods, or was she
just assimilated?

Also I have to add, I don't really like that idea of russian roulette to raise the tension of the story..it kinda feels forced.

For now the biggest question is why Amaterasu helped save Yato that time..

Am I missing something?
Dec 8, 2016 4:32 PM
Jul 2018
I think we desperately need to see one of the more important characters of the series get killed. (Daikoku is important, what I mean is:) Just because we need Adachitoka to establish that the plot armour that has been present so far has only been for the sake of trying to lead the narrative in a different direction. Everybody's trying to guess what's going to happen, who Nana is and whether or not Yato has a different, unknown identity that even he himself is unaware of... I don't think it's necessary for Daikoku to die, but a main or heavily influential side character needs to have something drastic happen to them.

As much as I want everyone to be okay, these cliffhangers are beginning to get over the top. If the arc doesn't start concluding or introducing something huge (Tsuyu's death was pretty big, but think bigger) in the next 2 chapters (80 pages) then I think we can safely say that the authors are running out of ideas. :/

That's just my opinion though, no harm intended. (>^-^)>
Dec 8, 2016 11:16 PM

May 2016
Sejwoonapiggle said:
I think we desperately need to see one of the more important characters of the series get killed. (Daikoku is important, what I mean is:) Just because we need Adachitoka to establish that the plot armour that has been present so far has only been for the sake of trying to lead the narrative in a different direction. Everybody's trying to guess what's going to happen, who Nana is and whether or not Yato has a different, unknown identity that even he himself is unaware of... I don't think it's necessary for Daikoku to die, but a main or heavily influential side character needs to have something drastic happen to them.

As much as I want everyone to be okay, these cliffhangers are beginning to get over the top. If the arc doesn't start concluding or introducing something huge (Tsuyu's death was pretty big, but think bigger) in the next 2 chapters (80 pages) then I think we can safely say that the authors are running out of ideas. :/

That's just my opinion though, no harm intended. (>^-^)>

Kazuma's death is what has been building up all this arc. He was there to sacrifice himself for Veena, and when the covenant happens, he suddenly disappears. It's highly suspicious. I actually expect him to die next.
Dec 9, 2016 12:06 PM
Oct 2011
Maybe it will be a draw?
Dec 9, 2016 12:18 PM
Oct 2011
Vinyet said:
Akagami_Ten said:

The new guy, Arahabaki, is the Emishi God who was talking to Yato during the Gods meeting in Chapter 59. He's one of the leaders of the revolution that took place against Heaven centuries ago and that resulted in Nana getting locked up. He'll probably be key if there's going to be another war against Heaven.

As per Yato, he's always been very strong. Surprisingly strong for a lowly God actually, which is all kinds of suspicious.
Hey Vinyet are you familiar with
Dec 9, 2016 6:08 PM
Oct 2015
animalia said:
Maybe it will be a draw?

I don't think there's such thing as a draw in this ritual.

I don't want Daikoku to die at all and I want to believe the authors wouldn't do such a thing! All I wanted from this arc was Tsukuyomi theory confirmation and I got pain and suffering.

Also, for a moment I thought Hiiro was gonna offer herself up...
Dec 9, 2016 6:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
These sacrifices are sure depressing. I feel bad for Daikoku, but I feel even bad for Kofuku. Waiting for the next chapter will be hard :(

5/5
Dec 9, 2016 11:52 PM

May 2016
animalia said:
Hey Vinyet are you familiar with

Sure! I'm a massive supportive of that theory.
Dec 10, 2016 4:50 AM
Oct 2011
missMenkoi said:
animalia said:
Maybe it will be a draw?

I don't think there's such thing as a draw in this ritual.

I don't want Daikoku to die at all and I want to believe the authors wouldn't do such a thing! All I wanted from this arc was Tsukuyomi theory confirmation and I got pain and suffering.

Also, for a moment I thought Hiiro was gonna offer herself up...
They could both be destroyed
Dec 15, 2016 6:32 AM

Jan 2015
So many lives were wasted just because heaven is blind and stupid.
Honestly from chapter to chapter I understand Yato's father motives more and more
Dec 15, 2016 4:07 PM
Oct 2011
Zinzoo said:
So many lives were wasted just because heaven is blind and stupid.
Honestly from chapter to chapter I understand Yato's father motives more and more
Have you seen http://hellanoragami.tumblr.com/
Dec 15, 2016 8:27 PM

Jun 2015
Holy shit that cliffhanger. PLEASE LET IT END GOOD FOR DAIKOKU
Dec 16, 2016 12:59 PM
Dec 2016
DAIKOKU WONT DIE.... TELL ME HE WONT DIE 😭😭😭 PLEASEEEEE
Dec 21, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2015
I wonder if it's possible for gods in Noragami to have a twin? Because if that is the case then maybe the girl who helped Yato and Yukine during Ebisu's arc is not Amaterasu but her twin Tsukuyomi haha.
Dec 21, 2016 3:36 PM

May 2013
no no no God please no noooooooooo
i really shouldnt read this chapter now.... i cant wait 2 weeks T_T
Dec 25, 2016 7:14 PM
Dec 2014
I actually burst into tears when Daikoku stepped forward. Oh my god.
Dec 26, 2016 8:37 AM
Oct 2011
Nunnally03 said:
I wonder if it's possible for gods in Noragami to have a twin? Because if that is the case then maybe the girl who helped Yato and Yukine during Ebisu's arc is not Amaterasu but her twin Tsukuyomi haha.
Tsukuyomi is a man
Dec 26, 2016 3:02 PM

Dec 2015
animalia said:
Nunnally03 said:
Tsukuyomi is a man

And there are twins with opposite sex and in anime world there are those we call "traps" those who look like girls but are actually male.
Dec 26, 2016 8:43 PM
Oct 2011
Nunnally03 said:
animalia said:
Tsukuyomi is a man

And there are twins with opposite sex and in anime world there are those we call "traps" those who look like girls but are actually male.
check out this blog here http://hellanoragami.tumblr.com/ specifically http://hellanoragami.tumblr.com/post/154134815612/chapter-71-thoughts
Dec 27, 2016 2:55 AM

Dec 2015
animalia said:
Nunnally03 said:

check out this blog here http://hellanoragami.tumblr.com/ specifically http://hellanoragami.tumblr.com/post/154134815612/chapter-71-thoughts

I have check it out and according to their theory, Yato could be the Tsukuyomi which is also possible. However,there are lots of questions for me if it happened that Yato is the Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu (the light/sun) is an important figure but Tsukuyomi (Darkness/Moon) is also as important - both of them play an important role in maintaining the balance, so if Yato is the Tsukuyomi, how come the heaven who is very strict when it comes to balance, let an important god be gone for hundreds of years? They are willing to chase after a rebel but they let Yato wonder around like a stray? Especially if Amaterasu knew who Yato is,how come they let such an important and powerful god be missing, how come no one talk about it? if Yato was stolen or taken away then how come Amaterasu didn't do anything to bring him back -especially after seeing him (since she already saw Yato)

I will not say that Yato being Tsukuyomi is something unbelievable because it is also possible, however I have some questions regarding that theory, so as long as the author haven't confirm about Yato's past, then all we could do is speculate - which means, anything right now is "possible"

Dec 27, 2016 3:03 AM
Oct 2011
Nunnally03 said:
animalia said:

I have check it out and according to their theory, Yato could be the Tsukuyomi which is also possible. However,there are lots of questions for me if it happened that Yato is the Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu (the light/sun) is an important figure but Tsukuyomi (Darkness/Moon) is also as important - both of them play an important role in maintaining the balance, so if Yato is the Tsukuyomi, how come the heaven who is very strict when it comes to balance, let an important god be gone for hundreds of years? They are willing to chase after a rebel but they let Yato wonder around like a stray? Especially if Amaterasu knew who Yato is,how come they let such an important and powerful god be missing, how come no one talk about it? if Yato was stolen or taken away then how come Amaterasu didn't do anything to bring him back -especially after seeing him (since she already saw Yato)

I will not say that Yato being Tsukuyomi is something unbelievable because it is also possible, however I have some questions regarding that theory, so as long as the author haven't confirm about Yato's past, then all we could do is speculate - which means, anything right now is "possible"

Did you also read the chapter 71 thoughts?
Dec 27, 2016 3:19 AM

Dec 2015
animalia said:
Nunnally03 said:

Yes I said I did and so? Did you read my post as well?
Dec 27, 2016 5:30 AM
Oct 2011
Nunnally03 said:
animalia said:

Yes. If you read A Father Theory http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/post/154596605520/a-father-theory-what-is-he-and-what-does-he-want It would seemd that he kidnapped Yato as part of his plans
Dec 27, 2016 5:42 AM
Oct 2011
Also I am a fan of the Idea that just like how Yato has been a pawn of his Father, Amaterasu has been a pawn of her guidepost. We've already seen hints towards that sort of behavior. From Yato mentioning to Yukine that Gods are beholden to their Shinki, to the conversation between Kazuma and Kiun about appropriating a god.
Dec 27, 2016 5:43 AM
Oct 2011
Also I feel the need to point out that in Japanese mythology Tsukuyomi was exiled from heaven
Dec 27, 2016 6:05 AM

Dec 2015
animalia said:
Nunnally03 said:

Yes. If you read A Father Theory http://blessedyuki.tumblr.com/post/154596605520/a-father-theory-what-is-he-and-what-does-he-want It would seemd that he kidnapped Yato as part of his plans

errr.....did you actually read and understand what I said? Because as I said ANY kind of theory is possible right now since the author haven't confirmed anything YET. That theory about Yato being Tsukuyomi is also possible however I also have some question regarding that theory. Read it again.

But if you insist in that kind of discussion then, I hope you can answer my question then - without you needing to link someone else' theory.
You said that maybe Yato's father kidnapped him, then like what I asked...how come a God as important as Tsukuyomi was kidnapped and has been gone for hundreds of years and the heaven didn't do anything about it all? not even went on panic to chase after the kidnapper or trying to find him? HE IS IMPORTANT which means he can be reincarnated,right?

So instead keeping him with them after he was reincarnated, why didn't the heavens went on panic, asked their army to look for Yato so that they can take him back to heaven? instead of letting him wander around.

Also I feel the need to point out that in Japanese mythology Tsukuyomi was exiled from heaven

So is Noragami taking the same exact story of what happened in the Japanese Mythology?

I am also a fan of that idea that Yato is actually an important god, however there are lots of Questions for me and so long as the manga didn't confirm anything, there is also a chance that it could be wrong.

Dec 27, 2016 6:15 AM
Oct 2011
Nunnally03 said:

So is Noragami taking the same exact story of what happened in the Japanese Mythology?

I am also a fan of that idea that Yato is actually an important god, however there are lots of Questions for me and so long as the manga didn't confirm anything, there is also a chance that it could be wrong.

[/color]
Fun fact in some versions it was Tsukuyomi who killed another god and was exiled for it and in some versions it was Susanoo. Also it could be as simple as the heavens not wanting anyone to know of their incompetence in losing a major god
Dec 27, 2016 6:18 AM

Dec 2015
animalia said:
Nunnally03 said:

[/color]
Fun fact in some versions it was Tsukuyomi who killed another god and was exiled for it and in some versions it was Susanoo. Also it could be as simple as the heavens not wanting anyone to know of their incompetence in losing a major god
and? I've read that before- not all of us are stupid here eh :P

....so? what was your answer to my question?
Dec 27, 2016 6:20 AM
Oct 2011
Also it could be as simple as the heavens not wanting anyone to know of their incompetence in losing a major god
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 105 Discussion

smurdles - Apr 7, 2023

5 by Annibeatrix »»
Sep 14, 2:23 PM

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 9 Discussion

tingy - Aug 8, 2013

10 by PokefanPT »»
Aug 18, 11:34 AM

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 8 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Aug 2, 2013

9 by PokefanPT »»
Aug 14, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 109 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Joel77 - Jan 5

65 by Danahi82 »»
Jul 15, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Noragami Chapter 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2014

10 by Ctes »»
May 17, 10:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.