Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 11, 2016 5:30 AM
Mar 2012
School part very slow paced, or didn't care for perfect student council.
Mc, animation & overall bit better than Gunslinger Stratos, at least the comedy helped. Lol dancing gundam unicorn.
CG/2D switch quite jarring, but wasn't bad.
Jan 11, 2016 6:45 AM

Oct 2010
i nearly spit my drink when Sonic showed up. And 'Seiga" academy... ohmygod.
Jan 11, 2016 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
Once I had to play PSO2, now I'm seeing the anime adaptation, it was fate! No big deal early, fortunately graphically not evil, not exceptional scenery, characters quite good, catchy opening, we see how it behaves the next episode, then I decide what to do.
Jan 11, 2016 8:10 AM

Nov 2013
it feels like an ads for the game instead of a tv series.....
Jan 11, 2016 9:44 AM
Jul 2015
wtf did i just watch.... this just a merely advertisement for the game, no plots about exact story sets inside the game.... just bunch of students who are hyped to play the game.... dont want to watch a plot like that..... i will just choose to play the exact game than watch this shitty adaptation.... kancolle is better than this...
Jan 11, 2016 11:25 PM

Jun 2015
hans17 said:
dreadknightnero said:
He successfully made a character with a simple name and had nobody else have that same name? Imposibruuuuuuuuuu

steph96 said:
...There is no way choosing your username can go this smoothly in an online game!

Character names can be duplicated in PSO2. ARKS ID on the other hand, are unique. Basically a first name / last name system like in many other MMOs. With the ARKS ID being the last name.

oh , ok...
I don't think i've ever played a MMO that does that tho.
It kinda feels like it'd confuse a lot of ppl.
Jan 12, 2016 1:03 AM
Oct 2012
Also for those who didn't know, the ED was actually from an in game event last summer. Link below. It was really popular amongst those who played the game!

https://youtu.be/H0UvkJCH90I?t=5m29s I don't know how to embed with the start time so lol.

It was an in game concert, with the minigame as you can see on the top right. Really simple minigame, and you didn't even need to bother with it to get any bonus, since the bonus would be applied regardless. The concert would only occur upon the schedule, so it was pretty hard to miss.

The song is also available in game as a music disc to play in "My Room".
Jan 12, 2016 3:13 AM

May 2012
Not what I was expecting

Haven't played in ages since PSO1 so I'll stick with it just for nostalgia's sake.

Jan 12, 2016 4:20 AM

Jun 2009
1st epsiode and this show will be a nice piece of marketing for the game the 1st episode made me want to look into the gme
Jan 12, 2016 10:12 AM
Jun 2009
Why now? The game is several years old...why make an anime now? The last time I visit SEA server, it's basically dead.
Jan 12, 2016 11:29 AM
Jan 2016
soluuloi said:
Why now? The game is several years old...why make an anime now? The last time I visit SEA server, it's basically dead.

Do not compare that 3rd grade quality server to the actual 1 when that server is full of bugs and disgusting elements not found in the original.

Also, it's meant to be an advertisement for Episode 4 but it just doesn't have the Impact for the first impression and they are attempting to ride on the success of 'recent MMO-like animes'.
Jan 12, 2016 1:15 PM

Nov 2013
Okay, it's advertisement for the game. So what? Just as Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. Does that mean these anime are automatically bad? The animation is good and I like the story so far, even if it is a bit ridiculous.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 12, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2011
TheBigGuy said:
Okay, it's advertisement for the game. So what? Just as Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh. Does that mean these anime are automatically bad? The animation is good and I like the story so far, even if it is a bit ridiculous.

well, pokemon made sense, and yugioh was at least decent although with different rules(And made-up rules) than the game, but this is just plain lame, there's almost no story, no depth to the characters, and everything just screams(literally) "SEGA" everywhere, so it IS a problem, especially when people expected the game itself to be the plot, not people who play the game.
Jan 12, 2016 2:26 PM

Aug 2015
Phantasy Frame Online 2 The Animation...
I drooped it after the first episode because the art and the freaking frames were god awful and it made Chaos Dragon look good
Jan 12, 2016 3:56 PM
Feb 2012
Wow this is so shameless. PSO2 has a lot of interesting characters so I thought it atleast be interesting. But its not even about PSO, Its about a kid in real life playing the PSO2 video game. It sort of anime that you cant help but laugh at how dumb it is and how shameless it is as a promotion for the game.
Jan 12, 2016 5:06 PM

Jun 2010
so basic this might be bad for my health.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 12, 2016 5:56 PM

Jan 2012
I know im going to be harsh on my first impression on this site here it goes. After giving it a shot after hearing from people it sucks as well as my first impressions when I first saw the promo image. I knew it was going to be bad.Not to the point of getting me angry due to the story structure and main character being one of those pushover types which I HATE. Also not just the main character is terrible but the supporting cast is forgettable as well. the music is just forgettable, and one more thing before I stop ranting I wanted to share what I feel about the first episode and also im a fan of the older phantasy star games. And this has nothing to do with phantasy star at all.
I hope it will be good and not CRAP!!!
IT'S GONNA BE ONE HELL OF A RIDE!!!!
Jan 12, 2016 8:36 PM

Nov 2013
kataklism said:
TheBigGuy said:

well, pokemon made sense, and yugioh was at least decent although with different rules(And made-up rules) than the game, but this is just plain lame, there's almost no story, no depth to the characters, and everything just screams(literally) "SEGA" everywhere, so it IS a problem, especially when people expected the game itself to be the plot, not people who play the game.

Almost no story and no depth to the characters? What did you expect? This is only the first episode. People who seem to judge the story after the first episode, are kind of irritating. And that it screams SEGA isn't a problem in my opinion, since it is from SEGA. And, like in .Hack Sign, the plot can be about the game and the people playing it.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 12, 2016 11:13 PM
Jan 2016
personally, I'm waiting for the episode that focuses on the inflated costs of lobby actions
Jan 13, 2016 12:05 AM

Jan 2011
Not gonna waste my time with this just like Gunslinger Stratos it's pretty much a Ad for the game not even been able to make my PSO references will save this for me.

and that ending... that pretty much sums up PSO lobbies
Jan 13, 2016 12:18 AM

Jul 2012
hans17 said:
Also for those who didn't know, the ED was actually from an in game event last summer

For those who didn't know, the MC sings the OP theme!!!!!!!!!
Jan 13, 2016 1:22 PM

Sep 2015
I still feel weird hearing the MC speaks in Shoutan's somewhat feminine voice XD But it's okay >.<

So the job of vice president is to play the game and make report for it? If only real life could be so easy...
So far so interesting, the fact the female president is playing annoying robot is the 'unique' point for me.

OP by Shoutan... uh mixed feeling with this, but the ED! Oh the ED song XD love it so much. I'm currently trying out those moves, would be good for a morning work out lol
Ioryogi-kunJan 13, 2016 1:27 PM
Jan 13, 2016 2:52 PM

Sep 2015
Like I was expecting
10/10 100% AOTS
Jan 13, 2016 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
Starting out w/ bad character interactions is not really a great way to start an anime >.>
What kind of guard gets suspicous of a guy wearing a uuniform? jesus, & he also had a crush on on the Pres? dafuq, Lolicon >.>
The characters attitude weres bland as their character design...
*sigh* i hate anime where everybody has a crush on one person...
I mean I know game adaptations are mostly never good but this is just bad.
Jan 14, 2016 7:25 AM

Apr 2013
Good thing I watched this having low expectations. Didn't get surprised or disappointed.

Jan 16, 2016 1:44 PM

Feb 2013
LOL that ED with dancing chickens!

That as pretty terrible. Very very boring when not in the game.
Jan 17, 2016 6:34 PM
Jul 2011
All Sega had to do was animate the storyline from the actual PSO2 game like with Valkyrie Chronicles adapation and it would at least be average.

This, what they're doing now is a hot mess and the fact that it will actual be melded into canon of the actual game storyline is lol. Damn, I haven't played the game since like April last year. Just seems like the game has got even more ridiculous since I stopped playing it.
Jan 17, 2016 9:51 PM

Sep 2014
the Rag rappies in the ED made my eyes water a little. the nostalgia was love. i guess rappies became a PSO mascot now?

i'm really taken aback by the aproach of this anime. i was expecting for the MC to be a HUmar(er the pso2's ver of it) but not in this sense. i thought this would take place in the verse of phantasy star rather than spend half the episode talking about it.
Feb 1, 2016 12:06 PM

Mar 2013
sonic icon in the school... seiga ACADEMY SEIGA ACADEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jesus christ. i love phantasy star online so i will watch and finish this show
Feb 16, 2016 7:50 PM

Oct 2008
Not fan of the CG but Character Designs are great, the girls are beautiful but plot is trash.
and oh!...seitoukaichou is a model student?...BLERGH!!! i bet she's a slut!.
0/5.

Mar 15, 2016 5:54 PM

May 2014
Ayyye, plz don't make me regret i started watching this n_n
honestly tho, i like the school(outside) part more than the actual gaming part.
Apr 3, 2016 9:46 AM
Oct 2012
i played the game right after release until the ip ban happened (approximately 2 to 3 years with ALOT ingame playtime recorded) and this adaptation seriously make me disappointed.. can someone tell me whether this will get better or not? because watching episode 1 was unbearable enough
Dec 6, 2020 12:56 AM

Feb 2019
Came here from Episode Oracle (I don't play the game), and gotta say I'm... confused...

Will continue to watch to hopefully make more sense of it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» It makes sense that they'd make this series...

vigorousjammer - Sep 19, 2015

4 by Lucifrost »»
Jul 17, 2022 2:37 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2016

35 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 11, 2020 4:07 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2016

51 by Shikkakku »»
Dec 6, 2020 6:25 AM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2016

64 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 2020 9:22 PM

Poll: » Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2016

28 by Akait »»
Aug 8, 2019 3:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.