Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2015 11:58 AM
May 2014
I know that DBZ has alot of flaws and some think it wasn't good etc, yeah... (don't really want to discuss that here) but I still found it very enjoyable for what it was, it wasn't because of amazing plot or a deep story, it was just plain awesome action, over the top yelling, showing off their awesome powers, destruction, etc and I guess some intense emotions from time to time.

Having said that... this movie was pathetic compared to the DBZ anime (for me), first off, SSGSS, it was the most anticlimatic transformation to date, transformations always were a big deal and very epic in the anime (Goku's ss1 vs frieza, Gohan vs Cell, even the 30min of yelling of SS3) whereas this one kinda just happens... no ki gathering that causes a freaking storm, no emotion, no showing of by shattering the ground and pushing everything away... just pop, yeah now I am ssgss.

Second, Frieza was a pathetic villain, the idea of bringing Frieza back was a terrible idea on the first place considering they had to make him match up to somehow Goku (And can't say I am too pleased or too annoyed by said explanation) but his performance on the movie was just pathetic, his transformation looks like crap, he never presented a threat in the least to the heroes, got beaten up whole movie, yay so exciting!

Third, the action... why the hell did the power levels suddenly got tuned down so hard? I swear they even looked much stronger in the ss1 Goku vs Frieza anime fight... That looked more like what base Goku fight would look like... beams that barely scratched the background, hardly any debris, destruction, punches that make the whole place shake, etc.

Fourth, Goku nearly killed by a laser beam? SSGSS Goku nearly killed by a laster beam? Fuck You.

Last, unnecessary deus ex machina was unnecessary... I mean this is common in DBZ I guess but seriously what was the point of it? It was so tasteless, uh Frieza could destroy the earth... yeah we know, it's not like Vegeta was going to let him live, Frieza was about to be killed so it's not like they were making that kind of mistake, it served to prevent Vegeta from being cool as usual? Like when Vegeta acts like a little bitch not wanting to face Frieza earlier on the movie... Well mission acomplished. Other than that I guess it was there to bring some sort of tension for the last minutes of the movie, mission failed if that was that, seriously te didn't need that scene, there would have been a hundred ways to make the movie more interesting and tense than that pathetic attempt.

Sorry for the rant, take it for what it is, I don't care whether you think DBZ is good or not, I am just expressing my dissapointment of the movie when compared to the show.

And I even watched in the theathers btw (they did release it in my country)
tesla21Jul 19, 2015 2:34 PM
Jul 31, 2015 2:51 PM

Jan 2009
you cannot expect Toriyama to show off how powerful they really are since they can destroy the earth with just 1 blast if they wanted too, just like how Freeza instantly destroyed the earth in this movie

its a shounen anime, its still a kids show so just enjoy the ride, but ye in the series and the manga they fought Majiin Buu on a stronger/tougher planet of the Kaios thats why it did not get destroyed easily
Aug 4, 2015 1:20 AM
Jul 2012
Yes the movie sucked, BoG had nostalgia to back it up, but it was not good either.
This movie however sucked a lot, and was only made to present DB Super, another thing that is sucking pretty bad until now.

In my opinion DBZ reached it's peak in the frieza saga, there was little comedy and when it happend , it was good. It was a serious fight and the whole saga made you know how evil frieza was. In this movie he was turned into crap.
Cell saga managed to keep the series going well, still developing Goku and reaching a good conclusion, for every character.
Now Majin boo saga retook the comedy approach to the show, no serious and emotional scenes except for vegetas suicide. Goku winning, when Gohan should've killed boo and take the place as earth guardian forever, while Vegeta should've keep dead and rot in hell for his sins ,and Goku dead in kai's world.

DBZ Super and the future of this series don't leave no room for Goku and Vegeta to improve. The characters are already old, they can't change their personalities anyone, they are already old guys in their 50s. Either Goten and Trunks take the main roles in DB Super, or Goku loses his power somehow like he did in GT. If not, super will have to take episodic stories based on comedy and episodic villians like frieza was here.

I got a little off topic in this comment but i just want to make clear, that if super goes on the way this movie went, GT will remain canon in my heart.

Toriyama from master in DB-End of Cell saga, to decent in boo, to crap now.

And bonus thing that bugged me, Bulma looks like she is 16 years old, when she was old in Boo saga, wtf is this????? It's out of place, she was made as fan service character in this movie....
Aug 10, 2015 6:15 AM

Jan 2015
The arcs in DBZ were really long and took many episodes of development till we could finally enjoy the showdown. And both in BoG and resurrection F, they tried to squeeze in an arc's worth of material in 1.5 hrs.

My hope was that these movies would be converted into good arcs in Dragon Ball Super. But again, the way DBS has been going so far, I am having trouble deciding which was worse.
Aug 16, 2015 9:28 PM
Feb 2015
aasgo123 said:
The arcs in DBZ were really long and took many episodes of development till we could finally enjoy the showdown. And both in BoG and resurrection F, they tried to squeeze in an arc's worth of material in 1.5 hrs.

My hope was that these movies would be converted into good arcs in Dragon Ball Super. But again, the way DBS has been going so far, I am having trouble deciding which was worse.

i agree.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Movie 15: Fukkatsu no F Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

puvyvgbf - Jun 21, 2015

121 by Magicmist »»
Mar 25, 2:51 AM

» Have one year limit of Dragon ball been removed?

Nagato-Uzumaki13 - Nov 11, 2016

3 by Rei_III »»
May 14, 2018 4:56 AM

» Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' Disgussion.

NHRoccodog - Nov 21, 2015

4 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Aug 6, 2017 10:42 PM

» Why they did not call this "Resurrection of Frieza"?

NostalgiaDrive94 - Sep 14, 2015

6 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Aug 6, 2017 10:40 PM

» Wrong duration given on MAL?

karlstein12 - Jan 15, 2017

2 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Aug 6, 2017 10:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.