Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Feb 15, 2015 3:44 AM

Jan 2015
awestruckvirus said:
Okay so i just recently caught up to Hunter x Hunter and i need some other action manga to read (it doesn't have to be long running). With all my searching i couldn't really find one that isn't Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. Does anyone know of any good action manga? Preferably one that has like superpowers and that whole deal.

Yu Yu Hakusho is an earlier work of the Hunter x Hunter author and the manga have much in common.
Then there's Gantz (great action) and Dorohedoro - both have a lot of violence.
Feb 16, 2015 6:20 AM

Apr 2008
awestruckvirus said:
Okay so i just recently caught up to Hunter x Hunter and i need some other action manga to read (it doesn't have to be long running). With all my searching i couldn't really find one that isn't Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, etc. Does anyone know of any good action manga? Preferably one that has like superpowers and that whole deal.
Shin Angyo Onshi and about anything else form the authors.
There is also magi, which is pretty decent compared to Naruto etc.
If you like how HxH gives through and tactics, there is liar game, but not really an action titles. Aside that Toriko ist basically nothing else than a huge expansion of some subarc of HxH. (Also full of action.)
Shadowy-kun said:
I've never read a manga or comic book. I like Rom-Coms with a lot of awkward moments. Based upon my anime list, is there a manga you would recommend?

NG Life
Kim Yeon Joo's Little queen/Girl Queen
Tora Dora also has a manga, but I don't think it's as good.
Hyouka has a manga as wel, but it's pretty much teh same as the anime
Maison Ikkuko would be the classic of this genre, but may or may not be of taste, being old school and all
basicall anything lese from Rumiko Takahashi
Most of Yuu Watase's worklist
Last Game
etc.
The Shoujo section has an uncountable lot of RomComs, but shoujo stile is not everybody's cup. If you want to enter this huge section, you can dig into hana to yume, lala, Bessatsu hana to yume Magazines for instance. If you found one good thing, there is almost always some some recommendation listed on MAL. Pick that out, go through the author's workslist or the magazine list and your ptw will soon reach several hundred titles. ^^
Feb 25, 2015 4:33 PM
Oct 2014
Thank you shina_luna, I will look into these magazines and titles. Hopefully I can further obsession with these reads.
Feb 27, 2015 7:18 PM
Jul 2014
Hey guys :) i have a few types of manga i am looking for but arnt too sure whether i should post the questions in one reply or several since i don't really use forums but ill do it separately to make life easier (i hope :S) Oh and i also prefer manga that have not been adapted into an anime if thats okay

Right:
1# the first type of manga im looking for is a good horror manga. i dont mind any type of horror except maybe aliens. they dont really scare me.

Here is a list of the ones ive already read:

Ibitsu
Petshop of horrors
Uzumaki
Army of One
Panorama of Hell
The Enigma of Amigara Falls
Hideout

oh and i started reading Franken Fran

2# now going into more darker territory, i was wondering if anyone has any manga recommendations with darker themes like suicide, abuse, bullying.. a brillaint example being the manga 'Zankoku na Kami ga Shihaisuru' (A Cruel God Reigns) and also 'Bitter Virgin'
ive also read 'Heart of Thomas'

and finally

3# any manga with a cute or innocent main character. one thats learning to live in human society. like Nyu from Elfen Lied or Chii from Chobits (i havnt actually read the mangas but have seen the animes. would the mangas be worth reading for them?), Also to give another example, Leelu from The Fifth Element movie. it doesn't matter if they are male or female and i don't mind the genre :)

thanks guys
KonikMar 1, 2015 1:43 AM
Feb 28, 2015 2:02 PM

Sep 2008
@Naz1994

Ok for horrors (number 1) you can try: I am a Hero, Tenkuu Shinpan, Corpse Party: Blood Covered, Black Paradox, Kamisama no Iutoori, Zekkyou Gakkyuu, Manhole, BioMeat: Nectar, Gakkou Gurashi

For number 2: Vitamin, Fukushuu Kyoushitsu, Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni, Arisa, Jisatsu Circle, Bokura no Koi wa Shi ni Itaru Yamai no You de, Sekai no Hate

Number 3: I think you should try Elfen Lied since the manga is very different from the anime and also much longer; haven't read Chobits myself so no idea about that one. The only one that comes to mind here is DearS.
Feb 28, 2015 7:34 PM
Jul 2014
@Toha

thank you so so so very much! :D they all seem very interesting, especially the horrors :D i will definitely give them all a try ^^
Mar 7, 2015 11:06 AM

Aug 2014
Cat Street.
Mar 8, 2015 4:19 PM
Feb 2015
I wont to start getting into manga ive only ever read oyasumi pun pun and tokyo ghoul and most of attack on titan so far i thought they were awesome.so what are some cool manga under the categorys of:

-comedy

-action adventure

-fantasy

-psychological

-supernatural

- maybe sport

- if really good (romance/slice of life)

thanks
Mar 13, 2015 9:58 AM

Oct 2014
1THE_WIERD1

here are some good manga.
domestic na kanojo

vinland saga (this one is realy good but it's not fantasy)

city of the dead sorcerer

a fairytale for the demon lord

ubel blatt

dungeon ni deai wo motomeru no wa machigatteiru darou ka

NOTE: moste of them are fantasy. if you want pure comedy, with some blood and intestins black joke

Edit: Site & Forum Guidelines: Section I: General Site Guidelines 1. Providing or requesting links to copyrighted, non-fair use material is not allowed.
KonikJul 8, 2015 12:53 PM
no signature here
Apr 6, 2015 4:24 AM
Jul 2018
Hey guys, any horror/drama/psychological/romance/comedy manga that would really fit with what I've watched? (Myanimelist)
Apr 6, 2015 5:05 PM

Apr 2015
@Vytautas_

It's kinda hard to find a specific manga that fits ALL those categories, but I can try.

Horror/Drama/Psych:
-Arachnid
-Parasyte
-Shion
-Elfen Lied
-Doubt (aka. Rabbit Doubt)
-Bokurano
-Akame ga Kill > this is probably the one that has a little bit of everything in your list :P

RomCom:
-Last Game
-Ouran KouKou Host Club
-Fruits Basket
-Hiromiya
-Kaichou wa Maid-Sama

Try reading the manga of some of the shows you watch... usually they're even better!

~Maki
MakiameApr 6, 2015 5:16 PM

~You don't have to live forever, you just have to live!~
Apr 10, 2015 5:11 PM

Dec 2011
1THE_WIRED1 said:
I wont to start getting into manga ive only ever read oyasumi pun pun and tokyo ghoul and most of attack on titan so far i thought they were awesome.so what are some cool manga under the categorys of:

-comedy

-action adventure

-fantasy

-psychological

-supernatural

- maybe sport

- if really good (romance/slice of life)

thanks

+For Comedy I would recommend:
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

+For Action Adventure:
Superior
Superior Cross

+For Fantasy:
Noragami
Nanatsu no Taizai

+For Psychological:
Liar Game

+For Supernatural:
Owari no Seraph
Until Death Do Us Part

+For Sports:
Real
Haikyuu!!
Diamond no Ace

May 3, 2015 12:36 PM

Dec 2009

In short:-
I am looking for a good manga that has no anime adaption, something with a really good story.
Genres I am not looking for: Harem, shounen ai, shoujo ai, space, military, shoujo, mecha, psychological, sports.
Genres I am looking for: anything else.
one more thing ,I want the manga to be finished.

Thank you very much to anyone that helps.(really helped me before and I hope you can help me again)
May 5, 2015 2:26 PM

Sep 2008
@ gokudo21

Well if I can be of any help with some random recommendations, here are some:

Shounen action: Defense Devil, Hekikai no AiON, Psycho Busters, Superior, Vampire Juujikai, Zero-In, Shiina-ke no Hitobito

Comedy: Binbougami ga!, Kyou Kara Ore Wa!!, Oretama, Samurai High School, Zettai Joousei

Romance: Sankarea, Miman Renai, Nozoki Ana, Kono Kanojo wa Fiction desu, Shishunki no Iron Maiden
May 6, 2015 6:41 AM

Dec 2009
Thanks a bunch.

I will be back when I finish em.
May 8, 2015 12:13 PM

Mar 2009
Can anyone suggest manga similar to Detective Conan?

Also, if there is a manga about how to pick a girl.... I'm joking :D I already know, that there are none like this. ;)
May 8, 2015 1:58 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
you could try Q.E.D., it's a good detective/mystery manga.
May 8, 2015 2:30 PM

Mar 2009
Thanks, I will check it.
May 8, 2015 10:46 PM

Dec 2009
Tantei Gakuen Q is what you looking for.
May 9, 2015 9:29 AM

Mar 2009
Thanks gokudo. After first chapter I can say that this gives a nice feeling. Little more "childish" than Conan, but looks great.
Jun 3, 2015 4:21 AM
May 2014
i need something like dead man walking
Jun 3, 2015 4:34 AM

Sep 2014
Erelen said:
Thanks gokudo. After first chapter I can say that this gives a nice feeling. Little more "childish" than Conan, but looks great.

Of course the eternal rival of Conan for me is Kindaichi.
Jun 3, 2015 4:56 AM

Apr 2008
There is one called "holmes", it's quite a bit short lived however.
Jun 12, 2015 8:26 AM
Jun 2015
What's a good psychological manga that has really interesting characters.
Jun 12, 2015 12:05 PM

Apr 2008
anything from naoki urasawa, anything from Mphiro Kitoh
bloody monday left a bit of an impression, too.
Jun 15, 2015 12:48 AM

Apr 2013
I recently read Sumomomo Momomo...... I enjoyed it, it was interesting plot twists at the end and was hoping if anyone could point me toward another manga with something that had some similar romantic tropes minus harem.
Basically, guy/girl goes after the person they love despite the futility. funny and upbeat.
Not a big fan of shoujo, shoujo ai, or shounen ai.
Jun 15, 2015 12:51 PM

May 2014
Is here anybody reading this: Kimi Shi ni Tamau Koto Nakare?
I would like to read another manga with a similar main couple like Usuki and Botan. (both kind, both strong, both smart and just lovely ^^ ... I think you should understand what I mean only from chapter 0 and 1)
Jun 15, 2015 1:53 PM

Apr 2008
Haven't read it, but going by your own description, perhaps Love at Fourteen?
Jun 15, 2015 10:46 PM
Feb 2015
i haven't read much but i wanna get into manga any recommendations would be good but i would like to read something with dark serious horror themes
Jun 16, 2015 12:41 AM

Jul 2014
sup bros, yesterday I finished Omaera Zenin Mendokusai!. Do you know any similar manga?
[right]"Boobs are heavier than a man’s life."
~~ Issei Hyodo
Jun 16, 2015 5:30 AM

May 2014
@shina_luna: Thank you! I'll try it soon :D
Jun 26, 2015 3:07 PM

Sep 2008
krzysiuu said:
sup bros, yesterday I finished Omaera Zenin Mendokusai!. Do you know any similar manga?

Maybe these ones: Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!, Watari-kun no xx ga Houkai Sunzen, Zettai Joousei, Nguruwa Kaihou, Saitou-kun wa Esper Rashii, Fujimura-kun Mates, Aizawa-san Zoushoku, Masamune-kun no Revenge
Jul 5, 2015 7:33 PM
Feb 2013
Hello all anime and manga fans I need your help. I am in dire need for some manga to read during the summer that can kill time. I am currently interested in some action/romance manga or something similar to a Manhua named Doulou Dalu.

Edit: Site & Forum Guidelines: Section I: General Site Guidelines 1. Providing or requesting links to copyrighted, non-fair use material is not allowed.

Thanks in advance :D
KonikJul 8, 2015 12:50 PM
DERP
Jul 7, 2015 1:14 PM

Jan 2014
Hey guys I wanted to ask you about a manga called 17-sai., It's about the kidnapping and torture of a school girl, so I kind of wanted to read it but then found out it was based on an actual murder that took place in Japan some years ago and that made me doubt.

Has anyone of you read it? Is it good or one of those overly morbid seinen?

Thank you :)
Jul 8, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2008
@Tigawr

Haven’t read Douluo Dalu but the ones that look similar to it are: Threads of Time, Id, ½ Prince, Shut Hell, Shin Angyo Onshi.

As for action: Sousei no Onmyouji, Choujin Gakuen, Blood Lad, Nanatsu no Taizai, Popcorn Avatar, Shiina-ke no Hitobito, Taboo-Tattoo, Tripeace, Veritas, Yozakura Quartet, Change 123.

By the way you don’t seem to have Immortal Regis’s and The Breaker’s sequels in your list – just a reminder ;)

@federgolo

Sorry, no idea about that one.
Jul 11, 2015 6:27 AM
Jun 2014
Hi, I was wondering if you guys can help me find a new Manga to read. As for what I like, I LOVE things like One Piece, Fairy Tail, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (I only like parts 2 and 4) and stuff like that and I DESPISE stuff like Attack On Titan, Death Note, Berserk, and Ghost in the Shell.

As you can see, I only like stuff that happy go lucky battle shonens (where there is lots of action, the conflicts are more and less simple, the good guys always win, and there is always a happy ending).

I would prefer it to be long but I can do with short as well. Thanks.
Jul 11, 2015 6:31 AM

Jan 2014
You should go for Katekyo Hitman Reborn!
Jul 20, 2015 4:00 AM

Apr 2008
There is also Assasination Classroom
Jul 25, 2015 8:58 PM

Mar 2014
I second that Assassination classroom is the way to go!
Jul 26, 2015 5:38 AM

Apr 2008
Since the German Manga market is kind of bad for SoL/anything with very expresssive character expressions and interactions and I really want some again these day. Anything there?

A hand ful of exampels I really enjoyed and still enjoy a lot in that respect
http://myanimelist.net/manga/3165/Boku_wo_Tsutsumu_Tsuki_no_Hikari:_BokuTama_Jisedai-hen
http://myanimelist.net/manga/82883/Boku_wa_Chikyuu_to_Utau
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=23284
http://myanimelist.net/manga/635/God_Child
http://myanimelist.net/manga/7010/NG_Life
http://myanimelist.net/manga/16686/Bokura_no_Kiseki
Fujiwara Kaoru stuff: http://myanimelist.net/people/2451/Kaoru_Fujiwara
Fumi Yoshinaga stuff: http://myanimelist.net/people/2065/Fumi_Yoshinaga

Yoshinaga is a mature SoL master class on her own, so her aside, what the others also all share is a sort of, how ot put it, "ethereal"? about it. The Sailor Moon Manga has also a lot of those kind of facial expressions, through the overall characterisation of the cast is kind of mostly non existent.
And that point is what makes things a bit a bit tricky I guess. When looking for mature SoL, there is always Wandering son and Sakamichi to Apollo mentioned, but I can't seem to like the topic nor the characters.

There is also My Love story, that is quite enjoyable and has some of it, but it's mostly in a very humourous way and only occasionaly serious. I seem to usually like it the other way round more. NG Life had an exact balance of both. Bokura no Kiseki makes a good figure, too.

Any ideas of something new that I can start?
shina_lunaJul 26, 2015 5:43 AM
Jul 26, 2015 8:38 AM
Jun 2015
Im reading Holyland right now, it's a really deep manga that discuss topics such as suicideTRIGGER WARNING!
KonikJul 26, 2015 2:12 PM
Jul 27, 2015 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
Can you guys/gals suggest anything that is must read? As in some really popular/interesting mangas. Though I don't want something very deep right now.
Jul 31, 2015 11:30 PM

Mar 2009
Something that you need to read? Only finished mangas or ongoing are also okay?

Finished:
* Cardcaptor Sakura
* Hellsing
* Gantz (but this one is deep and dark)
* Pretty Face
* Mahou Sensei Negima

Ongoing:
*Toriko
*Shokugeki no Souma
*Re:Monster
*Detective Conan
Aug 6, 2015 9:15 AM

Apr 2008
I have read this recently: http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=55215

While I know, that there isn't quite something really similiar including all that made it good, just wondering if somebody knows something good that's similiar to one of it's subelements
- Protagonist remains "humanly powerful" until the end and has to struggle thus. Just referring to body strength etc. Is also not encircled by a whole bunch of other folks, which are so very much stronger than him/her.
- A very normal, actually pretty peaceful setting, but has a lot of despair in it. (So not something like a war situation or anything like that or where suddenly the world around the protagonists gets totally messed up in general.)
- genereally a dark atmosphere that exists with a good reason, but still has said actually peaceful setting
- cruelties, or even a very slight amount of splatter... while actually nobody really ever dies (through they may suffer) and while there is no stupid sunrising
- Mostly complex, but not stupidly complicated character drama, no overdone tearjerker twists, no drama because folks are too stupid to talk. (In Hako Maria everbody knows about their trouble. They just find themselves utterly incapable to change anything about the situation, but try out of their despair that springs forth from the impossibility.)
- Just a little bit, but not too much supernatural/fantasy elements.
- Time loops
- A couple that actually has mutual feelings for each other and, most of all, each knows about them and is sure of it, but as external reasons to not give into them, because that love stands queer to something else essential to the character

Any ideas?
shina_lunaAug 6, 2015 9:18 AM
Aug 8, 2015 7:30 AM
Mar 2015
Looking for a manga similar to http://myanimelist.net/manga/72303/Douluo_Dalu

with one of the following: similar art style, similar magic style with an in depth and well explained magic system, some form of romance
Aug 30, 2015 12:25 AM

Feb 2014
@Vytautas_

I would recommend DEATH NOTE & BAKUMAN

They are not so big but they are one of the best....Pretty sure you would love them...
Sep 3, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
@shina_luna, i would like to recommend something to you according to your post, but just by seeing your profile i can't help you with just how much you've read

I'm looking for a manga that would include some twisted love story but without it being the main subject, more like a sub plot of the story. By twisted i mean something that can be weird, like really weird, the kind of stuff that make you uncomfortable and feel worried they are discovered, but with no need for nudity or ecchi.

If it could be without the cliche misunderstanding or lack of communication that would be for the best! And i want to avoid any sort of rape because i just can't stand it.

Thank you in advance for your help, sorry if this is a bit specific and hard to figure!
Sep 3, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2008
Well, too bad, I guess. =/

please save my earth? It has a boy who was conceived by a mother but born by another and harbours feelings towards the mother who gave birth to him. He is a side character. (Well the protagonists are also in a romce relationship, with is also quite a bit uncommon.)
Sep 3, 2015 9:23 PM

May 2014
Just read Smokin Parade chapter one, pretty awesome. Gory sci-fi shonen made by the makers of Deadman Wonderland. Brand new so check it out if you want.
Sep 3, 2015 10:06 PM

Jul 2015
Ok thank you both i will check it !
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ADD YOUR BEST ANIME YOU HAVE WATCHED TILL TODAY

A70M1C - Aug 6

2 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 26, 1:01 AM

» need anime recs for beginner

aoijinsoul - Aug 8

6 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 26, 12:59 AM

» Anime Recommendation

Xytrix - Sep 20

2 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 26, 12:44 AM

» Need anime recommendations

Dalletf03 - Jul 27

13 by evils1h1a1 »»
Sep 6, 7:22 AM

» Short Anime

Merkasu - Aug 29

2 by ShinyLotus »»
Sep 4, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.