Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (20) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2015 7:38 PM

May 2014
Grail is just set up to stop noobs with sniper rifles from spawn camping the grail an stealing all dem wishes.

Just to clarify nothing is more OP than F/Z berserker with two sub-machineguns, considering each I of those bullets could kill that's pretty BS. Max level Saber plot armor.
Apr 22, 2015 11:02 PM

Oct 2013
Oh my god why are people talking about CP even here,can we just forget about this kid and move on with our lives.

Please dont die Kazumi.
Apr 22, 2015 11:30 PM

Sep 2014
WrongPriest said:
Grail is just set up to stop noobs with sniper rifles from spawn camping the grail an stealing all dem wishes.

Just to clarify nothing is more OP than F/Z berserker with two sub-machineguns, considering each I of those bullets could kill that's pretty BS. Max level Saber armor.

Yeah, Seiba has very stronk armour. :P
I bet she could cut a bullet in half, or return it with the end of her sword.

You know, instead of making it a fight, they should've played that game that is 'very similar to golf but not golf' with the bullets, and he'd remember the good times. :I
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 23, 2015 3:09 AM

Aug 2009
mira-nyan said:
Othi-tan said:
Gonna pretend I have Future Prediction and say this.

Rin beats Caster->That's my girl.
Shirou beats Archer(somewhat) and Gil->wtf humans cant beat Servants.

I actually never got this bit :I

A bunch of human HS were stronger than their Servant counter part in life, a la grail container.

So technically, humans can beat servants....
Well good luck finding humans that overpower Servants in modern day.

Well and that humans cant beat them isnt even a rule tho.It's just that most people cant beat them.
Grey-Zone said:
I was actually talking about regular bullets and bombs and stuff. Magically enhanced granade from granade launcher right into a Servant's face! Kaboom!

Use particles of A-rank wolves as pellates (I bet I miss-spelled that) for the granade and you could even kill berserker!
BUt not all mages are like Rin.Remember how she even uses her jewels for strengthening? ANd those are jewels are capable of killing Herc.
Apr 23, 2015 3:29 AM

May 2014
Considering there are clans out there like Kuzuki's I assume there are still some badass mofo's around.

Imagine what an unaclimatized Assassin clan leader could do.
Apr 23, 2015 3:46 AM

Aug 2009
WrongPriest said:
Considering there are clans out there like Kuzuki's I assume there are still some badass mofo's around.

Imagine what an unaclimatized Assassin clan leader could do.

I know they exist.And there is Bazett too,so I assume other individuals like her to exist somewhere.But they are still too few.
Apr 23, 2015 3:57 AM

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:
BUt not all mages are like Rin.Remember how she even uses her jewels for strengthening? ANd those are jewels are capable of killing Herc.

But Rin's Kung-Fu is still a physical attack not different from regular gun bullets or granades, unlike Kuzuki who learned how to simply ignore the concepts of intagability and invulnerability. Jewels on the other hand are MAGIC ATTACKS, so they are not "physical".
Apr 23, 2015 4:16 AM

Aug 2009
Grey-Zone said:
Othi-tan said:

But Rin's Kung-Fu is still a physical attack not different from regular gun bullets or granades, unlike Kuzuki who learned how to simply ignore the concepts of intagability and invulnerability. Jewels on the other hand are MAGIC ATTACKS, so they are not "physical".
I think it was common sense that Rin strengthened herself with those jewels?

>Tohsaka's fist must be "strengthened" like Kuzuki's, as her attack easily penetrates Caster's defense.
http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20209/59-UBW14-04-143.jpg
Apr 23, 2015 4:31 AM

Oct 2014
Then the attack is NOT physical after all? Is it the magic in the fists that does that damage?
Apr 23, 2015 4:40 AM

Aug 2009
I feel like this is a trick question.

She does use her fists.It's just that she uses magic to make them do damage.
Apr 23, 2015 11:09 AM

Sep 2013
Think of strengthening like putting gloves on to actually hit spirits.
Apr 23, 2015 11:50 AM

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:
I feel like this is a trick question.

She does use her fists.It's just that she uses magic to make them do damage.

CapsuleCore said:
Think of strengthening like putting gloves on to actually hit spirits.

In that case I have to wonder why Caster was completely agreeing with Kotomine that "Mages cannot touch the holy Grail", but at the same she had no doubt that she could actually damage Caster...

I think this is never explained. Honestly since I am watching Snow Heron's LPs and the salt parade for the anime began, I started to find some inconsistencies in the VN as well which are at best "patched up" by some kind of rather awkward excuse, or Word of God retcons.

It irritates me though that those are "somehow" accepted for the VN, but team salt strikes at the anime endlessly, while ignoring those "patchwork excuses" from the interviews, but there are actually sometimes legitimate criticisms inbetween them, aside from what their "great leader" Saltpriest Fai says, of course..
Grey-ZoneApr 23, 2015 11:54 AM
Apr 23, 2015 1:16 PM

Sep 2013
You're comparing apples and oranges. You can't really touch Servants in spirit form either. The Holy Grail is said to be in spirit form, which is why the Servant is necessary to touch it.

A Servant who takes physical form can still negate any usual physical damage, but Rin can attack them with magic in that form. There is no inconsistency in this case. Caster was in her physical form. It is explained in the novel.
Apr 24, 2015 9:47 PM

May 2014
Atlanta best Heroic Spirit

I found heaps more Archer of Red fanart. I am happy.
Apr 25, 2015 1:32 AM

Aug 2009
xShigarakix said:
does someone have the interview from nasu who he stated why he changed the HF ending, i think it was posted once in a sakura war thread
THe VN ending?

Never heard of anything like that.
Apr 25, 2015 1:40 AM

May 2014
I remember what you're talking about, but I doubt I can find it.
Apr 25, 2015 3:11 AM

Aug 2010
I haven't seen that interview but i think i can guess knowing Nasu's mindset.
He sees that characters who have tragic lives need a good ending as a payoff for all their suffering. That's why he kept poking fun at Urobutchi in their interview after Zero.

Why this doesn't apply to Illya, I have no idea :/
Apr 25, 2015 3:30 AM

Mar 2013
astroprogs said:
I haven't seen that interview but i think i can guess knowing Nasu's mindset.
He sees that characters who have tragic lives need a good ending as a payoff for all their suffering. That's why he kept poking fun at Urobutchi in their interview after Zero.

Why this doesn't apply to Illya, I have no idea :/

That's one of the reasons why I'm almost never bothered by happy endings in epic story VNs. Usually the characters go through soooooo much shit for so long that it just feels right for them to have something happy/good at the end. Of course, some endings are bittersweet instead, which can also work really well. It all depends on the story. It's sad that Illya had to go, but it feels right anyway. She did something amazing for her little brother. :P
Apr 25, 2015 3:58 AM

Sep 2013
HF's original ending was closer to Normal End at first, with a heroic sacrifice and all that, but then Nasu thought he can't end the game with such an ending, so he came up with HF's True End. I can't find the source right now, but I did read that once.
Apr 25, 2015 4:00 AM

May 2014
Something about Shirou having to be alive to give Sakura a decent ending or something.
Apr 25, 2015 4:01 AM

Aug 2009
CapsuleCore said:
HF's original ending was closer to Normal End at first, with a heroic sacrifice and all that, but then Nasu thought he can't end the game with such an ending, so he came up with HF's True End. I can't find the source right now, but I did read that once.
So it had two similar normal endings?

Or just one and then Nasu added True end?
Apr 25, 2015 4:04 AM

Sep 2013
Can only find the statement of someone who read the interview (in Japanese) right now, but that should suffice for now.

The part I was talking about, [Nasu] was 2/3 of the way through HF when he realized maybe people would want a happier ending. So he kept writing until he got to the end, then wrote his original ending, and then came up with a bittersweet ending that still fit the tone. He said that over the course writing the end of Rin's route and writing Sakura's route it changed his beliefs, and he regrets that inconsistency across the different routes because he was sure it would confuse some readers.

As for Sakura's ending, it was that decision to try to give readers a happier ending, and also because his opinions changed over time he thought that Sakura should still have a chance to pursue happiness even as a mass murderer, because that's what people do in life when they have to live with their sins even if it is somewhat hypocritical. Basically he justified it to himself as he wrote it, and he's aware of that.

It doesn't really change what he said about different levels of Shirou's development, that seems to have been a guiding concept from the start. Really, whether Shirou lives or dies at the end of HF is not important in this regard.

He regrets not approaching Fate with a single mindset, instead kept trying to one-up himself with each successive route as a novice writer, plus as I mentioned some of his personal views changed over the long time he spent writing the story.

[...]

Basically Fate/stay night is about Shirou, but the decision to make a new HF ending is about Sakura and Shirou who both have to live with what they did. He originally thought that Shirou dying would be the obvious outcome, because of course it is.

Apr 25, 2015 4:04 AM

Aug 2009
By the way.Sometimes I am so focused in replying that in my rush I dont notice that I have clicked the edit button and I just keep typing.

This time I noticed that with Core's post but I may not be so lucky next time.So if you notice it and dont see me doing anything to fix it that means that I havent noticed it at all so let me know.
Apr 25, 2015 4:06 AM

Aug 2009
CapsuleCore said:
Can only find the statement of someone who read the interview (in Japanese) right now, but that should suffice for now.

The part I was talking about, [Nasu] was 2/3 of the way through HF when he realized maybe people would want a happier ending. So he kept writing until he got to the end, then wrote his original ending, and then came up with a bittersweet ending that still fit the tone. He said that over the course writing the end of Rin's route and writing Sakura's route it changed his beliefs, and he regrets that inconsistency across the different routes because he was sure it would confuse some readers.

As for Sakura's ending, it was that decision to try to give readers a happier ending, and also because his opinions changed over time he thought that Sakura should still have a chance to pursue happiness even as a mass murderer, because that's what people do in life when they have to live with their sins even if it is somewhat hypocritical. Basically he justified it to himself as he wrote it, and he's aware of that.

It doesn't really change what he said about different levels of Shirou's development, that seems to have been a guiding concept from the start. Really, whether Shirou lives or dies at the end of HF is not important in this regard.

He regrets not approaching Fate with a single mindset, instead kept trying to one-up himself with each successive route as a novice writer, plus as I mentioned some of his personal views changed over the long time he spent writing the story.

[...]

Basically Fate/stay night is about Shirou, but the decision to make a new HF ending is about Sakura and Shirou who both have to live with what they did. He originally thought that Shirou dying would be the obvious outcome, because of course it is.

Now I am worried about the movie(s).
Apr 25, 2015 4:18 AM

Mar 2013
Why though? I don't see how they could end up doing anything other than the True Ending, because Illya. Heaven's Feel. Remember?

Actually now I'm curious. With the original ending he had, what did Illya do exactly? Where did the true magic come into play?

Maybe I'm being stupid about this, but the route itself is called Heaven's Feel... of course that magic should be used in the route. It's even more perfect because it happens at the end of it.
Apr 25, 2015 4:22 AM

Sep 2013
Illya's route was supposed to come before Sakura's though, and it was more lighthearted. And we all know they cut it because of their limited time and budget. Between the two he felt like he had to finish the ideals story no matter what. Perhaps Illya's route was originally named Heaven's Feel and Sakura's had another name.

As for the source, I found it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20131017141044/http://netokaru.com/?page_id=10852

It's in Japanese though and as far as I know, there is no translation. Yet.
Apr 25, 2015 4:27 AM

Aug 2010
CapsuleCore said:
Illya's route was supposed to come before Sakura's though, and it was more lighthearted. And we all know they cut it because of their limited time and budget. Between the two he felt like he had to finish the ideals story no matter what. Perhaps Illya's route was originally named Heaven's Feel and Sakura's had another name.

As for the source, I found it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20131017141044/http://netokaru.com/?page_id=10852

It's in Japanese though and as far as I know, there is no translation. Yet.

Seeing how Illya was the one explaining pretty much EVERY thing about the grail and AM in the route, I'd say it makes sense that her route was the one titled Heaven's Feel.
Apr 25, 2015 4:27 AM

Mar 2013
Yea you're right. That makes sense. Still, now there is this one route called Heaven's Feel which "has both Sakura's route and Illya's route in it". That's also the name of the movie(s). It is what it is now, and I just don't see how the third magic would end up not being used.

Well I'm not worried anyway. At all.
Apr 25, 2015 5:24 AM

Apr 2010
UTW actually caught up (including this season so far) by some miracle, if anyone still cares.
Apr 25, 2015 9:58 AM

Sep 2014
Othi-tan said:
CapsuleCore said:

Now I am worried about the movie(s).[/quote]
May Shirou die in all his gory glory to save his beloved Sakura as tears of sadness for such a tragic hero overflow. Beautiful.
Apr 25, 2015 11:39 AM

Sep 2014
Lol... I called it last week. Ufotable was being too tame with Illya's death. Doctor Gilgamesh, one of the most shocking and remarkable moments of UBW, just looks like crap. It's probably the most anti-climatic moment in this adaptation and doesn't make you feel anything. I'm really disappointed. Even Deen did a better job with the heart scene.
FlamepriesTApr 25, 2015 11:43 AM
Apr 25, 2015 11:43 AM

May 2014
It's funny because Deen's version of that scene is way over the top and Ufo's is too tame, although it's another thing that makes him less dickish.

Personally I like the tamer one but it could have used way more fanfare. It kinda feel like with how much happens in each episode they've got seconds for these things instead of minutes.
Apr 25, 2015 11:48 AM
Apr 25, 2015 12:12 PM

Mar 2013
Liked that episode a lot as a whole. Though the heart scene sure went by quick. At first I was surprised by that, but now? Now it feels like that was to be expected, simply because of where they ended the last episode and HOW it ended. It was an emotional ending. So of course, since the heart ripping is supposed to take place right after all that, it makes sense that it won't really have much of an impact right as this episode starts.

We already said goodbye to Illya last time basically, and then we waited a week for this episode, and now it starts with Gil taking her heart after she's already dead. No time really for any build up to that. We already saw Illya as a goner and was sad about that last time.

Besides, the heart is just a tool for Gil. He takes what he wants and then turns around to leave.
Apr 25, 2015 12:20 PM

Sep 2014
WrongPriest said:
It's funny because Deen's version of that scene is way over the top and Ufo's is too tame, although it's another thing that makes him less dickish.

Personally I like the tamer one but it could have used way more fanfare. It kinda feel like with how much happens in each episode they've got seconds for these things instead of minutes.

There was more than enough time to show the scene properly in ep 3 or 4. I'm pretty sure they just didn't give a shit about it. It's not like that scene is long at all, but it was completely out of place - the battle took place in the last episode so the climax is gone and Illya was already dead - and therefore had no significant impact.

The lack of blood and brutality makes it look like Gil is just doing his daily routine, like brushing his teeth or buying bread. It's too quick and easily overlooked. Meh.
Apr 25, 2015 12:36 PM

May 2014
No I agree, and although personally I feel Shirou whole PTSD moment and random act of ballsyness came across as a little forced considering these traits don't really pervade the rest of the adaptation, I still absolutely loved every other facet of it.

Ffs Lancer was awesome, and tbh that scene with Shirou standing in front of Rin probably did more for his image in the sights of random anime watchers than any flashback scene could of.
Apr 25, 2015 12:39 PM

Sep 2013
WrongPriest said:
No I agree, and although personally I feel Shirou whole PTSD moment and random act of ballsyness came across as a little forced considering these traits don't really pervade the rest of the adaptation, I still absolutely loved every other facet of it.

Ffs Lancer was awesome, and tbh that scene with Shirou standing in front of Rin probably did more for his image in the sights of random anime watchers than any flashback scene could of.

Completely agree. Shirou definitely scored a lot of positive points with the audience.

Also, I don't think it was very forced at all. Think back to how he confronted Caster in episode 10, or when he acted during the school boundary field. I think his ballsyness has been established well enough to buy this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2015 12:44 PM

Sep 2014
Oh yeah, the way he talks about her with a straight face and does business like Rin isn't even there is hillarious.
Apr 25, 2015 12:49 PM

Sep 2013
Well, the mods have arrived and are deleting comments like crazy in the episode thread -.-

Lucky we have this place!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2015 1:02 PM

May 2014
Mickdrew said:
Well, the mods have arrived and are deleting comments like crazy in the episode thread -.-

Don't worry I still have Mira's laugh for our amusement.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0bHWZhcCRII

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0MngokHHBnC

Well one of them is, although tbh D's laugh was so good it's probably just as worth it.
Apr 25, 2015 1:06 PM

Sep 2013
WrongPriest said:
Mickdrew said:

Don't worry I still have Mira's laugh for our amusement.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0bHWZhcCRII

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0MngokHHBnC

Well one of them is, although tbh D's laugh was so good it's probably just as worth it.

Is that really senpai's laugh?!?!

oh mai gawd I'm in love *o*
Apr 25, 2015 1:13 PM

Sep 2014
Some people sure were going offtopic there, posting saber pictures, mentioning F/HA... I mean, lol, it's obviously going to get deleted if you don't respect the rules. Might as well post that stuff here anyway.
Apr 25, 2015 1:18 PM

May 2014
Yeah lol, I really feel like a functioning member of the forum when I realise 50% of the posts deleted were mine.

We got a little excited :3 it's hard without an easy to access general discussion thread that was always packed. Although I understand why it had to be nuked.
Apr 25, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2014
Yeah, I know.

I believe it's a good idea to post anything worth discussing in more detail with vn readers in this thread instead. I mean, discussion tend to get really messy there if a lot of people start talking about different things. Not only that, it's a great thing we don't have to deal with Fai in this group. Having to deal with Fai naturally makes things messy as well because he's always trying to prove people wrong.
Apr 25, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2014
Good thing I quit early on. The whole premise of those discussions was absurd and I was forced into a straw man situation before I even realized.
Apr 25, 2015 4:20 PM

Oct 2014
Gotta agree with Flamepriest. Illya scenes felt plain. Last ep felt plain too. In the VN i almost cried, here it felt lacking.
I went and reread the part in the VN, and got dem feelz again.
I will be really angry if they fuck up HF Illya like that.

But hey, Best Servant is here :D :D
Brolancer, pwn em all :D
Apr 25, 2015 6:10 PM

Sep 2014
Shrimperor said:
Gotta agree with Flamepriest. Illya scenes felt plain. Last ep felt plain too. In the VN i almost cried, here it felt lacking.
I went and reread the part in the VN, and got dem feelz again.
I will be really angry if they fuck up HF Illya like that.

But hey, Best Servant is here :D :D
Brolancer, pwn em all :D

I don't think they'll be that tame in the movie since movies tend to have more violence and gore, but this was certainly a letdown. I mean, the fact that Deen did a better job is baffling. I have to admit, Gil slashing Illya's eyes was pretty cruel... but that's meant to be the warm up lol I'm so fucking evil, def going to hell for this one, not the climax. :(
Apr 25, 2015 6:19 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was actually pretty damn good. They handled Shirou very well, it really showed how messed in the head he is and how Rin called him out on it. It's all part of that much needed development!

In the VN I loved the scene where Shirou basically claimed Rin for himself, that scene was hilarious and cute at the same time and it was done great in the anime. Shirou does not let go of his women that easily!

And the Illya heart surgery stayed in tact, yay! (still sad though)

Also Lancer appeared! My boy! Lancer is so awesome. I loved it when he called out Archer for his shit. Archer is great, but he's such a dick lol.

Music is still meh, but oh well.

WrongPriest said:

I didn't think it was too forced, but no doubt some monologues beforehand would have heped us realize more that he's screwed up in the head. Though the first season showed that enough to get an idea of how he is I think.

And yes, Lancer is awesome!
Apr 25, 2015 8:12 PM

May 2014
Actually I think him going balls to the wall with his Rin confession was probably more to that effect, although he did kinda get assaulted for it.
Apr 26, 2015 3:10 AM

Oct 2014
FlamepriesT said:

I don't think they'll be that tame in the movie since movies tend to have more violence and gore, but this was certainly a letdown. I mean, the fact that Deen did a better job is baffling. I have to admit, Gil slashing Illya's eyes was pretty cruel... but that's meant to be the warm up lol I'm so fucking evil, def going to hell for this one, not the climax. :(

It's not about being tame or gory or stuff like that. It just lacked something, like impact, feels and stuff like that. In the anime it felt like it just happened, ya know?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (20) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Heaven's Feel Manga Discussion [HF Spoilers!]

LoomyTheBrew - May 11, 2015

22 by LoomyTheBrew »»
Dec 24, 2015 11:52 AM

» RP Game - Have your avatar speak to the avatar above you ( 1 2 )

TrueKireiPriest - Mar 31, 2015

93 by removed-user »»
Dec 6, 2015 10:57 AM

» Need advice on web purchase

Taimanin_Irelia - May 7, 2015

1 by Bobulated »»
May 7, 2015 9:31 AM

» Tu Aru Majutsu no Index General Discussion SPOILERS AHEAD

Bobulated - Apr 25, 2015

6 by Shrimperor »»
Apr 27, 2015 9:48 AM

» Fanfiction Thread!(Spoilahs)

mira-pyon - Apr 22, 2015

3 by Shrimperor »»
Apr 23, 2015 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.