Forum Settings
Forums

General Battle Shounen / Big Three Discussion. [Potential Spoilers] v2.

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2014 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
Haha, is today a 'Positive Day'?
Nov 25, 2014 1:22 PM

Jun 2011
JumpinJackCrash said:
Anybody want to positively talk about Fairy Tail?
*crickets* :p
ummm I like the metal dragon slayer
Nov 25, 2014 1:23 PM

Dec 2013
Hum, i see some really interesting replies here, so now, how would you rate One Piece's animation?

JumpinJackCrash said:
I do :3 I've grown past the nakama power-ups, but in certain occasions they can be really annoying.

I love the OST, Chars, and the setting, i just love magical stuff.

Still got to catch up with Fairy Tail 2014 though...@_@
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 25, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2012
[/
tr1ckst3r said:
Zoro Vs Luffy in Whiskey Peak is where I fall in love with Luffy character.

This is the moment for me:

Nov 25, 2014 1:25 PM
Mar 2013
PriestSlayer said:
Hum, i see some really interesting replies here, so now, how would you rate One Piece's animation?

it speaks for itself

Jan 2013
JD2411 said:
JumpinJackCrash said:

>great world building
>god tier ost
>great cast of characters
>natsu is a very complex character (more like a seinen character)
>good combat system
>no nakama power bullshit
>good characterisation and character development
>competent writing
>no plotholes
>no retcons
>great art and animation
>good pacing
>good OPs and EDs
>villians have interesting motives
>villians aren't just another bad guy and are humanised
>natsu stands in a moral grey area which is unusual for battle shounen

nothing more to say tbh
This copy paste always makes me chuckle

Feb 2013
JumpinJackCrash said:

It's fun when you don't expect too much of it and yeah I really like some OST's
Dec 2013
PriestSlayer said:

1/10. It's ass. It doesn't bother me, though.
Nov 25, 2014 1:30 PM

Apr 2014
PriestSlayer said:

They can do better, that's it.
Nov 25, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
You rewatch it through the series or the movie? I thought the movie handled the arc really well and the animation was great. Really climbed up my One Piece movie ranking when I last rewatched it.

The series, I own East Blue-Water Seven via FUNimation's collection sets since I didn't plan on buying the manga for a while.

I haven't seen movie 9 since.....before Strong World came out, I should give that a re-watch soon.

PriestSlayer said:
how would you rate One Piece's animation?

It's acceptable, I guess. It was a lot better before the TS, though
Nov 25, 2014 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
I would rate One piece's animation a solid Pain out of 167
End Zionazism
Nov 25, 2014 1:43 PM

Nov 2010
Kaimon said:
The series, I own East Blue-Water Seven via FUNimation's collection sets since I didn't plan on buying the manga for a while.
I still need to do that. But whenever I have money I always go for a whole series first. Always say I'll buy the whole thing when I have enough to do it at once or am planning on rewatching it.
Nov 25, 2014 1:44 PM

Dec 2013
Mikasa said:
I would rate One piece's animation a solid Pain out of 167
lmao
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 25, 2014 1:51 PM

Apr 2014
Am I the only one who loved Shabaody Arc animation when

The one with less detailed art but more fluid animation.
tr1ckst3rNov 25, 2014 1:56 PM
Nov 25, 2014 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
JumpinJackCrash said:

Ok lets do it peeps. Awesome soundtrack and.... Well awesome soundtrack it is.

That made me laugh so much. Copy paste makes it even funnier....

Mod Edit: Merged double post. Please edit your previous post
TyrelNov 25, 2014 2:02 PM
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 25, 2014 2:00 PM

Mar 2012
Does anyone object to Bleach's "war" arc (first act of the current arc) was far more exciting than the 4th war or the Marineford of the other Big 3 manga?

It seemed much more serious with less BS.
End Zionazism
Nov 25, 2014 2:59 PM

Feb 2013
Mikasa said:
Does anyone object to Bleach's "war" arc (first act of the current arc) was far more exciting than the 4th war or the Marineford of the other Big 3 manga?

It was a good "oh shit" moment for sure. I'm glad it wasn't dragged out into it's own arc
Nov 25, 2014 3:28 PM

Sep 2012
Bleach:
Nov 25, 2014 3:33 PM

Nov 2012
What do you think of forums that are for fans of specific shonen's like Arlong Park, Narutofan or Daizenshuu?
Nov 25, 2014 3:36 PM
Aug 2014
BahamutPriest said:
What do you think of forums that are for fans of specific shonen's like Arlong Park, Narutofan or Daizenshuu?

they are million times better than this site
Nov 25, 2014 3:46 PM

Nov 2010
BahamutPriest said:
Never been on one. I prefer a site that's about all anime like this one.
Nov 25, 2014 3:48 PM

Sep 2012
BahamutPriest said:

I used to be a regular in AP! The best place to talk about One Piece, but I wanted something a bit more general.
Nov 25, 2014 3:53 PM

Apr 2014
BahamutPriest said:

I's too peaceful there since everyone is talking (and/or fans of) the same anime, I prefer the one that can make me angry every now and then like this one.
Nov 25, 2014 3:57 PM

Aug 2013
sunnyphoenix said:
BahamutPriest said:

they are million times better than this site
It's Kanzenshuu now. Kanzeshuu has a really nice civil community although I never joined it. Shit posting on the forums is like completely non existent there, it's just serious debate. Narutobase is really hilarious.
Nov 25, 2014 4:10 PM

Nov 2012
tr1ckst3r said:
BahamutPriest said:

I's too peaceful there since everyone is talking (and/or fans of) the same anime, I prefer the one that can make me angry every now and then like this one.

Majority of people in Naruto forums bash Naruto and Kishimoto regularly.The One Piece and Bleach sections are complete shit nobody discusses the story and spends their time having these endless stupid debates about power level tiers and irrational character bashing.
Nov 25, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2014
soundscape said:
RedRoseFring said:

That's if you don't like comedy, which I do. I'd rather watch some of those fodder than even cannon characters for some other series. At least they do memorable stuff rather than just wait around to be brushed aside.

What memorable stuff? I like the comedy(that's one of the main aspects I like in OP) but it's so repetitive that it gets tiresome, and no those fodder aren't really funny, it's sometimes the reactions of the main chars that are. I wouldn't have so much problem with it and I would enjoy the comedy if it wasn't in excess and didn't drag the whole story down in pacing. I need to wait for 10 years so they go from the arena to the actual interesting stuff with Don Flamingo, and that's because we had to watch all these boring people just running around.... Introduce person A he is so powerful, gets defeated like a fodder in the next frame. Repeat the process for 15 other guys, now we have 4 SUPER powerful fodder guys, get defeated like fodder in the next frame while running around ruining the pacing. Very interesting stuff. Then we have running around focusing on dialogue between those fodder chars after the arena, ruining the pacing even more. Oh how interesting.

Things like
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 25, 2014 4:56 PM

Jan 2014
SetsukoHara said:
PriestSlayer said:
The number of episodes is too overwhelming @_@

Frankly I was hooked from the start, but most people started really liking it during Arlong Park. I'd say try going to that arc (and if you can't, just drop, nobody is forcing you to continue it), and if you still don't like it by then, then it's most likely not for you.

I was the same. Comedy is one of my favourite genres, so I loved it right from the start. A lot of people seem to prefer deep action right of the bat though, but that doesn't suit the flow of the narration for me.
If anything, I really started liking it when Mihawk came on the scene.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 25, 2014 5:26 PM

Sep 2013
BahamutPriest said:

The amount of bleach hate on any site not specifically about bleach is too damn high :(
It's like Kubo molested them and killed their dog.
Spreading false rumors that bleach is ending next year is the new fad right now XD
Nov 25, 2014 5:28 PM

Jan 2014
ichii_1 said:
BahamutPriest said:

The amount of bleach hate on any site not specifically about bleach is too damn high :(
Spreading false rumors that bleach is ending next year is the new fad right now XD

What? Bleach isn't ending next year?
Just how many plan B's does Ywach have? Jk, I know Kubo's still planning for at least 3 more years.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 25, 2014 5:36 PM
Sep 2014
ichii_1 said:
BahamutPriest said:

Nov 25, 2014 5:54 PM

Jun 2012
BahamutPriest said:

Arlong Park is a very fun place to lurk, the community seems pretty friendly (except for when it's Monkey King/Darth vs. the world) and they have pretty intelligent discussion. Watching them rip apart new Fairy Tail/Bleach chapters is also pretty hilarious
Nov 25, 2014 6:09 PM

Nov 2012
Kaimon said:
BahamutPriest said:

Arlong Park is a very fun place to lurk, the community seems pretty friendly (except for when it's Monkey King/Darth vs. the world) and they have pretty intelligent discussion. Watching them rip apart new Fairy Tail/Bleach chapters is also pretty hilarious

Monkey King is hilarious, I like this description of him, quoted from the forum's own wikia:

Nov 25, 2014 10:55 PM

Mar 2012
Kaimon said:
BahamutPriest said:

LOL intelligent.
End Zionazism
Nov 26, 2014 12:07 AM

Oct 2013

The only thing I remember from what you listed is

So you find them interesting all those chars you listed? And you really like watching them? You find them important enough for the story? You wouldn't for example prefer skipping some of that stuff and going faster to the stuff with Don Flamingo?
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 26, 2014 5:26 AM

Oct 2012
Mikasa said:

Yes, indeed I object.
Nov 26, 2014 5:38 AM

Apr 2014
FullBody and Jango is best fodder in One Piece, I would love to see 1 episode full of 'em screwing around.
Nov 26, 2014 5:46 AM

Nov 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
FullBody and Jango is best fodder in One Piece, I would love to see 1 episode full of 'em screwing around.

If it was an episode of a side character screwing around I would love to see kizaru and the way he interacts with the marines. I love watching him trolling and want to see his interactions with his subordinates and not him vs pirates
Nov 26, 2014 5:50 AM
Dec 2013
dat Dragon Ball Z bashing on the previous sites tho.

Well lemme tell you, the Dragon Ball series is still incredibly popular eventhough it has ended 20 years ago and regardless of how good/bad it is, its still one of Japans biggest cultural phenomenons and more relevant than most of your faves. suck it haters :3

--------------------------

I just finished the Marineford arc (anime) and its good and all, but I heard that the show goes downhill after that arc.

Should I switch to manga? Yes or no?
Nov 26, 2014 5:54 AM

Apr 2014
fightingdreamer7 said:

I just finished the Marineford arc (anime) and its good and all, but I heard that the show goes downhill after that arc.

Not really, the only thing going downhill is the pacing and it is started from episode 515.
Not a big problem for me tho since I always watch it in a batch.
So, pick for yourself.
Nov 26, 2014 5:55 AM

Nov 2010
Yes, you should. There is like... one episode really worth watching since the timeskip. Only one epiosde that actually is better then it's manga counterpart.
Nov 26, 2014 5:56 AM
Aug 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
fightingdreamer7 said:

Not really, the only thing going downhill is the pacing and it is started from episode 515.
Not a big problem for me tho since I always watch it in a batch.
So, pick for yourself.

I do the same... thats the best way of watching long running series....
Nov 26, 2014 6:03 AM

Jan 2014
soundscape said:

So you find them interesting all those chars you listed? And you really like watching them? You find them important enough for the story? You wouldn't for example prefer skipping some of that stuff and going faster to the stuff with Don Flamingo?

Of course not. The stuff with Doffy is great, but if that was all that was going on the plot wouldn't be nearly as intricate or intriguing.
Not everything has to be "important" for the story. The whole point of entertainment is to be entertained while the story goes on, not grudgingly speeding ahead to be done with it. You can hardly say you enjoy something with that mindset.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 26, 2014 6:39 AM

Oct 2013
RedRoseFring said:
soundscape said:

Of course not. The stuff with Doffy is great, but if that was all that was going on the plot wouldn't be nearly as intricate or intriguing.
Not everything has to be "important" for the story. The whole point of entertainment is to be entertained while the story goes on, not grudgingly speeding ahead to be done with it. You can hardly say you enjoy something with that mindset.

I feel like you missed the words "in excess". I agree with what you are saying, and yes some can be interesting and enjoyable, and yes not everything needs to be "important", when it keeps the right balance!!! When the author introduces 10000000 of them and screws with the pacing it becomes excessive, thus not very enjoyable (for me) (imo).
Nov 26, 2014 7:00 AM

Sep 2013
Might as well post this :(
Last weeks.

Jump #52 (22/11):
E-Robot (Cover & Lead Color Page, New Series, 54 pg.)
Assassination Classroom
One Piece
Takujou no Ageha (Color Page, 25 pg.)
Shokugeki no Souma
Gintama
Boku no Hero Academia (Color Page)
Hq!!
World Trigger
Nisekoi (Color Page)
Hinomaru Zumou
Toriko
PSI Kusuo Saiki
Juudouzu
Kochikame
Isobe Isobee Monogatari
Bleach
Sporting Salt
Hi-Fi Cluster
Hunter x Hunter (Absent)

#01:
Cover & Lead CP: Gakkyuu Houtei by Takeshi Obata & Enoki Nobuaki (New Series)
CP: Bleach, E-Robot
Extra Pages: Takujou no Ageha (23 pg.)
Nov 26, 2014 7:27 AM

Jan 2014
soundscape said:
RedRoseFring said:

I feel like you missed the words "in excess". I agree with what you are saying, and yes some can be interesting and enjoyable, and yes not everything needs to be "important", when it keeps the right balance!!! When the author introduces 10000000 of them and screws with the pacing it becomes excessive, thus not very enjoyable (for me) (imo).

Nice exaggeration. The real question is, just how many people did you expect to show up for a tournament with

Are you saying that less people should have showed up? Or that we shouldn't see anyone showcase their powers at all?
It's not like the other characters (Doffy and Law, other Strawhats etc) were just sitting around doing nothing as the tournament was going on.
You could either get a straight bunch of episodes of the tournament alone or have it interspersed with the other stuff.

If you are just making the general pacing complaint that is made every week about the episodes, then that is fine (pretty much common place by now), but it sounded to me like you were complaining about the content itself.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Nov 26, 2014 7:53 AM

Oct 2013

Yeap the content itself. I feel like there could be achieved a better balance than what you are describing (it's not about showing less or more people...). To me it felt like there was too much not needed stuff and details that were related to things and fodder characters that were ultimately dragging and not interesting( for example moments where the fodder fight between each other and they ultimately were too weak and didn't contribute anything nor the "fights" were interesting, there were too much of that fluff stuff, maybe that was only in the anime?). I am not saying that only about the tournament stuff but what happens after it in the manga too(I read the manga after the arena, so my claim about the content itself stands).
Nov 26, 2014 3:13 PM

Jan 2012
Glad to hear Naruto will end its publication in 2015 but I also learn that Jump! decided to kill Naruto to make way for One Piece and most likely Toriko.
---
Nov 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Mar 2014
NK_500 said:
Glad to hear Naruto will end its publication in 2015 but I also learn that Jump! decided to kill Naruto to make way for One Piece and most likely Toriko.

If Toriko would get a proper adaption, that is.
Nov 26, 2014 4:39 PM

Mar 2014
ichii_1 said:
-snip-

Why not post the authors comments too sometimes? People could find some small amusement over how little of a life mangaka have if they're not interested in the rankings :P

Nov 26, 2014 5:18 PM

Mar 2014
Kaimon said:
BahamutPriest said:

Intelligent? Surely you jest
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (200) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» MAL Clubs

Ryzenn11_ - 1 minute ago

1 by Ryzenn11_ »»
9 seconds ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 4 )

707supremacist - May 5

150 by tchitchouan »»
3 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

14 by SgtBateMan »»
5 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1042 by Kamira00 »»
8 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

126 by Ratris_Decision »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.