Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 21, 2014 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
Did anyone see this? I thought the Roaches are suppose to be Red?? But they're clearly black!

Can't wait until the shitstorm comes...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Aug 21, 2014 6:00 PM
Nov 2010
GodlyKyon said:
Did anyone see this? I thought the Roaches are suppose to be Red?? But they're clearly black!

Why'd you think they were red? Haven't they always looked black?
Aug 21, 2014 6:53 PM

Sep 2011
supervamp78 said:
GodlyKyon said:

Why'd you think they were red? Haven't they always looked black?

some of the colored pages in the manga indicated they were red, I think... Never mind, they were somewhat yellow, but yeah, black.

Whatever, now they're nig- er... black for sure.
Aug 22, 2014 4:23 AM

Apr 2009
Did you really expect Japan to shy away from the racism in this? The fact that it got an anime is enough to show that they do not care.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 22, 2014 4:45 AM

Nov 2012
its fusion of roach (black) with homo erectus
are you black and offended?
stop watching.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 22, 2014 4:59 AM

Apr 2009
No, I am not black.
I just find it hilarious how corny and inherently backwards the entire writing is. That's part of the charm it has for me, I love myself a good trainwreck.
NidhoeggrAug 22, 2014 5:06 AM
Aug 22, 2014 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Did you really expect Japan to shy away from the racism in this? The fact that it got an anime is enough to show that they do not care.

Since when did the homo erectus become racist?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 22, 2014 8:51 AM
Mar 2012
Google "homo erectus" you uneducated scrub.
Aug 22, 2014 10:58 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah, yeah, it is a homo erectus. Giving a shallow explanation doesn't take away from the obvious and conscious design choices of the author and his intentions.
It's like saying "Shinobu is not a loli, she is really a 1000+ year old vampire". It doesn't change the intent of the author who uses this is a very bad anaolgy for his worldview that shines through at several other occasions. Then again, it's a sad fact that many people here share such a reactionary ideology so it is probably something positive for some.
NidhoeggrAug 22, 2014 11:07 AM
Aug 22, 2014 11:15 AM

Nov 2012
you want terraformars to be red?
i just met cockroach running from under my piano and its clearly black, not red.
its not racist if you are not negative thinking
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Aug 22, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2009
...Or ignorant.

And as I said: I like this show. But it's just pulpy as fuck and quite backwards. It's like a terribad 80s/early 90s OVA done today, like Bio Hunter or Dark Cat. It's also not like I am the only one who points out the obvious problems with it (it's really just a part of the entire ideology portrayed in the series that makes the author look like some Tea Party member). Stop being so hung up about the show's shortcomings and enjoy the trash together!
NidhoeggrAug 22, 2014 12:11 PM
Aug 22, 2014 1:56 PM

Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
...Or ignorant.

And as I said: I like this show. But it's just pulpy as fuck and quite backwards. It's like a terribad 80s/early 90s OVA done today, like Bio Hunter or Dark Cat. It's also not like I am the only one who points out the obvious problems with it (it's really just a part of the entire ideology portrayed in the series that makes the author look like some Tea Party member). Stop being so hung up about the show's shortcomings and enjoy the trash together!

this, aside from the tea party analogy. The series killed off all the Chinese characters before they even appeared and still refers to Russians as communists. The author either look down on the audience or simply is ignorant himself.

Also, the design is distasteful and of course stupid to begin with. But I just can't wait for the shitstorm this show conjures up.
Aug 22, 2014 5:02 PM
Nov 2010
Ohh jeez, They don't even look human. It's the same thing with mr.popo and jinx I'll never understand this argument.
Aug 22, 2014 5:06 PM

Nov 2011
supervamp78 said:
Ohh jeez, They don't even look human. It's the same thing with mr.popo and jinx I'll never understand this argument.

The Homo erectus is racist now, better get used to it.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Aug 22, 2014 6:37 PM

Sep 2011
rederoin said:
supervamp78 said:

yeah yeah. I knew that, I am just waiting for the controversy to arrive because they DO look like some kind of african tribesman. But using them as a base is stupid to begin with, since 1. they all look the same 2. they are evolved from COCKROACHES

This will be some entertaining body smashing, nothing more.
Sep 4, 2014 12:47 AM

Jul 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
...Or ignorant.
It's also not like I am the only one ...

Let's see, one guy just points out that coachroches are similar to black people. For me, they are basically armored Homo Erectus (almost identical):

The other guy, well...
"About Yakub:
Loli penis (and penis in general, really)
Vampires (only the sparkly ones)
The endless eight (colloquial term referring to the inches of my penis)
Helium (for many reasons)
Deaf Grapes (R.I.P. and goodnight, saccharine princes of darkness)
Nice boats
Semen (the ones on the boats)
Commas
Pain (not the naruto guy; fuck naruto)
Quotation marks
Quotations by Marx
Bad puns
Myself
My therapist"

He hasn't the most relevant opinion in the world either.

>Implying that ANN has good reviews btw
Better read the 10-pages discussion to the very end before mentioning them as a proper example.

GodlyKyon said:
rederoin said:

yeah yeah. I knew that, I am just waiting for the controversy to arrive because they DO look like some kind of african tribesman. But using them as a base is stupid to begin with, since 1. they all look the same 2. they are evolved from COCKROACHES

I never thought people would see this series as racist somehow. It can be inconsistent and kinda ignorant sometimes, but I could not see any of the so mentioned racist elements during my read (and I'm up to date with South Park episodes, just saying, I can recognize this "themes" fairly well).

You guys are the racists here, comparing the coachroches in Terra Formars to black people just because you think they look similar visually lol
DanpmssSep 4, 2014 12:50 AM
Sep 5, 2014 9:11 PM
Mar 2014
After a quick reading of this thread, all I can see is that people trying to bring up "racism" bases on stereotypes. Seriously, it's a fucking manga. Who care about the look? You see how those roaches serves those legs? You see how that neck snap? That's all it fucking matter. People wants racism to ends but they'll always find something to revives it. You call the mangaka racist, while you're the hypocrite one to even comes up with such comparison.
Sep 5, 2014 9:21 PM
Mar 2014
GodlyKyon said:
rederoin said:

China is the most hated country in Asia due to its government, the mangaka did a good job at killing them off. You call him ignorance, but you don't know how they operates unlike the one that suffers thanks to them. Say whatever you want, I doubt the news even cover 1/4 of the bullshits the Chinese are doing i.e. slowly terminating its neighbor countries then try to take over the world.
Oct 5, 2014 6:03 PM

Nov 2009
KronokInF said:
GodlyKyon said:

China is the most hated country in Asia due to its government, the mangaka did a good job at killing them off. You call him ignorance, but you don't know how they operates unlike the one that suffers thanks to them. Say whatever you want, I doubt the news even cover 1/4 of the bullshits the Chinese are doing i.e. slowly terminating its neighbor countries then try to take over the world.

Isn't that what the US is aiming for as well? Compared to some of the superpowers that emerged in the past, China seems like a gentle giant. I'm pretty sure that most countries in the world have frequent territorial disputes nowadays and that even includes good buddies such as the US and Canada so, it really is nothing new. Obviously, it would be nice if everybody could just hold hands and sing Kumbaya but that's simply not how the world operates.
Oct 11, 2014 10:10 PM
Mar 2014
xenovibe said:
KronokInF said:

Isn't that what the US is aiming for as well? Compared to some of the superpowers that emerged in the past, China seems like a gentle giant. I'm pretty sure that most countries in the world have frequent territorial disputes nowadays and that even includes good buddies such as the US and Canada so, it really is nothing new. Obviously, it would be nice if everybody could just hold hands and sing Kumbaya but that's simply not how the world operates.

US' method isn't as "forceful" as China. Also they aren't a "gentle giant", it's even worse than that. I bet you don't know they're trying to cause a genocide between Laos and Vietnam, just so they can steal the land.
Nov 1, 2014 2:28 PM

Nov 2009
KronokInF said:
xenovibe said:

US' method isn't as "forceful" as China. Also they aren't a "gentle giant", it's even worse than that. I bet you don't know they're trying to cause a genocide between Laos and Vietnam, just so they can steal the land.
And I bet you don't know much about how the United States' government operates and the things that they do behind the scenes. Both of them have committed some wrongdoings in the recent years but our current US government is definitely worse in terms how much we are needlessly involved in conflicts all over the world. In that aspect, China has done a lot better than us. I've been there a few times and they are good people. Obviously their government needs some work but there are way more fucked up countries out there than them, which includes some of their southern neighbors.
Nov 24, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2007
People who think that black people look like the homo erectus cockroaches in the manga are clearly racist!

I mean you idiots clearly said yourself that TO YOU the black people look like the cockroaches in this manga, but instead of admiting your racism you claim the manga is racist! LoL! You're just fucking retarded!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» manga or anime?

nexuro01 - May 27

3 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 27, 7:55 PM

» Hiatus or Ongoing?

Seiidou - Apr 4

4 by TheMangaManiac »»
May 9, 8:09 PM

» Resuming serialisation from april 4

MegamiRem - Mar 25

2 by Agelastus »»
Mar 28, 2:17 AM

» Subreddit for Terra Formars

ReSeinen - Sep 1, 2022

0 by ReSeinen »»
Sep 1, 2022 8:24 PM

» What happened to Terra Formars?

ReSeinen - Apr 21, 2021

9 by MoesianThracian »»
Aug 16, 2022 3:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.