Forum Settings
Forums

More than 1 voice acting actor's in certain anime character's?

New
Apr 10, 2014 8:07 PM

Apr 2013
Hi there, was just wondering about this a while ago when I was adding certain character's to my favourite's when I notice there were certain character's with 2 (some 3) voice acting actor's of the same language. Just wondering what does this means and why? A reply would really be appreciated thank's!! :D

[/url]
Apr 10, 2014 8:11 PM

Jun 2007
99% of the time it's simply because the character being shown at different ages, and thus a different actor being used for things like a flashback to their childhood and such.

In the 1% left there are a few possibilities - for example in Nana, one of the lead girls is voiced by a seiyuu but her singing is done by a professional singer, so both names are listed there as voicing the character. So this sort of thing will do it as well. I think, very rarely, you'll get a case of a character transforming or powering up or something that will have a secondary seiyuu as well, though that's pretty rare.
TallonKarrde23Apr 10, 2014 8:14 PM
Apr 10, 2014 8:16 PM

Jun 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
99% of the time it's simply because the character being shown at different ages, and thus a different actor being used for things like a flashback to their childhood and such.

In the 1% left there are a few possibilities - for example in Nana, one of the lead girls is voiced by a seiyuu but her singing is done by a professional singer, so both names are listed there as voicing the character. So this sort of thing will do it as well. I think, very rarely, you'll get a case of a character transforming or powering up or something that will have a secondary seiyuu as well, though that's pretty rare.

This.
There's also cases where a character haves multiple personalities, and each personality has a different voice.
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 10, 2014 8:17 PM

Apr 2013
Oho! I see souka souka. That make's sense. Well thank's a lot there :) Sankyuu na!

[/url]
Apr 10, 2014 8:46 PM

Feb 2010
The original voice actor could just have been fired or died for some reason so they needed a replacement. Not sure if that ever happened though.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 10, 2014 8:53 PM

Jun 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
The original voice actor could just have been fired or died for some reason so they needed a replacement. Not sure if that ever happened though.

It happened recently, when Isaac Netero's VA died and was replaced in Hunter x Hunter (2011).
The only True Ending is the Harem Ending.
Apr 10, 2014 8:55 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty much what everyone else said, but there's also the possibility of the series being dubbed multiple times
Apr 10, 2014 8:59 PM

Apr 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Miu & her grandfather's VA in Kenichi died, but that was between the original series & the OVAs.
Apr 10, 2014 9:00 PM

Apr 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:

Best answer here.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Apr 10, 2014 9:01 PM

Nov 2010
Two different entries may use different VAs for the same characters. Remakes and anime made by different companies. Sometimes a VA has to take a break because of illness or pregnancy.
Apr 10, 2014 9:02 PM

Jul 2012
Andan210 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

It happened recently, when Isaac Netero's VA died and was replaced in Hunter x Hunter (2011).

Yeah, Detective Conan's Kogoro.
Apr 10, 2014 9:32 PM

Jan 2009
I was wondering why Obito's child voice was changed. I really liked the first one.
Apr 10, 2014 10:08 PM

Mar 2013
Different ages or they give up after a while (to not be linked with one role or pay issues) like Meg Griffin's voice.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Apr 10, 2014 10:45 PM

Jun 2013
Or also because a certain character is imagining/dreaming about that character with more than one voice actor like in Kore wa Zombie desu ka?

Check this out.
mythical020Apr 10, 2014 10:48 PM
Apr 11, 2014 1:17 AM

Apr 2013
Kamogawa, the coach in Hajime no Ippo is a good example as he's voiced by three different VAs. The first one, Utsumi Kenji, died and was replaced in Rising by Iizuka Shozo. The thrid voice actor is Mamoru which plays the role of kamogawa in his youth.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

More topics from this board

» Good characters trapped in bad series.

Anjuro - 3 hours ago

19 by Nanami0007 »»
48 seconds ago

» What filters do you use while browsing MAL?

Dije - 3 hours ago

10 by TheMechaManiac »»
11 minutes ago

» How accurate is your country and countrymen portrayed in Anime?

Dragevard - Yesterday

15 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
15 minutes ago

» Which anime character do you think would make the best therapist, and why? Would you want to be their patient?

Wendoka - Yesterday

16 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Will we ever get a anime cross over as big as the MCU?

Old_School_Akira - 3 hours ago

13 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.